MCU Civil War Team vs MCU Thanos

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll MCU Civil War Team vs MCU Thanos (18 votes)

Team 22%
Thanos 78%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
  • Thanos has the Power, Soul and Space Stones only
  • Bleeding Edge Armor, WI Suit for T'Challa, Iron Spider Suit, IW Armor for Rhodey, IW Shields for Cap
  • Fight takes place on Titan, Starting distance of 50 feet
  • Scott can only grow to the size he was in CW
  • Everyone's in Character but are Highly Serious and Determined to win
  • Win By KO, Death or Incap, no bfr
 • 
Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could you see the Civil War team beating 616 Hulk? I don't think so either.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 anthp2000  Moderator

Well this team is definitely better than the team on Titan, so it solely depends on how serious Thanos is.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By legacy6364

Team has a chance, especially with Scarlet Witch's ability to destroy Infinity Stones.

The fact is Thanos was pretty inconsistent in the film. On top of that his hesitant nature and arrogance was almost his downfall.

Aka_aka_aka_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team has a chance, especially with Scarlet Witch's ability to destroy Infinity Stones.

The fact is Thanos was pretty inconsistent in the film. On top of that his hesitant nature and arrogance was almost his downfall.

She can destroy the mind stone only, which Thanos does not have here.

I'll agree this is near impossible to answer though due to Thanos' inconsistency and awful use of the stones.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legacy6364 said:

She can destroy the mind stone only, which Thanos does not have here.

I'll agree this is near impossible to answer though due to Thanos' inconsistency and awful use of the stones.

I completely forgot she was connected to the Mind Stone. I concede to this notion.

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
xMangog__Beastx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team has a chance.

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By KingOfWakanda

Which stones was he using when he pulled down the moon on Titan? If he has the same one's I'll back him.

Team's best chance will probably be to try to have Scarlett Witch hex him (standing in for Mantis), then remove the gauntlet and take him down.

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Am I the only one who watched Infinity War?

Loading Video...

Only difference is Spider-Man and Iron Man are here, who aren't a threat to Thanos. And Scarlet Witch and Vision are ready to fight. Vision is fodder to Thanos. And no way Scarlet Witch is beating Thanos anyway.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could you see the Civil War team beating 616 Hulk? I don't think so either.

That's dumb, 616 Hulk would slaughterstomp Thanos. Those two are in no way comparable, at all.

OT: Eh... It's really Wanda, Vision, Iron Man... maybe Rhodey if you want to be nice...

• Hawkeye and Nat are less than fodder.
  • Scott could prove to be a factor either as a small 1-nanosecond distraction or as a huge 2-second distraction.
  • Cap, Panther, Spidey, Bucky, they might survive like three seconds tops.
  • Falcon is iffy cause he could maybe survive the longest due to maneuverability but Thanos is gonna get bored at one point.

So yea it boils down to Iron Man (who already proved more than an annoyance), Wanda (who although powerful is a large glass canon), and Vision (a Thor-level opponent during AoU who declined greatly and will probably be less annoying than Stark) vs Thanos.

killers10333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos destroys

Nobody here is strong enough to fight him without some hax

Team on titan only did well because of dr strange and his portals. Every good play by them was because of him (spiderman, mantis, star lord all managed to hit thanos without getting hit because of portals). Whenever someone attacked him head on, they got destroyed

No portals here means its a bunch of fodder, scarlett witch, iron man, and vision vs thanos, and those 3 are not enough

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos destroys this is just a team of fodder

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Antman solos.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DrPepperMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That one moment when DCEU Superman can beat Full IG Thanos but 616 hulk loses to one stone Thanos.

Thanos stomps. If the plot isn't holding him back, he can crush everyone here. The space stone already crushed War Machine, and the power stone would oneshot anyone but Iron Man.

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos wins

Avatar image for deactivated-6052e8e44cb84
deactivated-6052e8e44cb84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aka_aka_aka_ak: Thanos doesn't use the Stones "awfully" smh. He uses them in unique ways but I'm assuming because you think he doesn't kill everyone with every PS blast that translates to him being "awful" with them correct?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killers10333: "whenever someone attacked him head on, they got destroyed"

Finally someone who paid attention to the Titan battle.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drpepperman: Thanos and Vision are like the only two MCU characters who get restricted by the plot. It's annoying but it's also completely understandable from a cinematic standpoint.

Abezethibou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The Team has a chance, but Thanos for the majority.

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Alavanka

Thanos. This is not a massive improvement compared to Titan team....

• IW Ironman was a major improvement over CW, making this swap a major nerf. Ironman was by far the 2nd most durable Avenger in Infinity War, and the closest thing we're going to get to a Hulk tier in terms of physical strength.
  • Strange is equal, if not better than Scarlet Witch. He is every bit just as haxed, and more versatile overall. Thanos only needed the space stone to deal with Wanda, but he had to use the space, power, reality, and soul stone to deal with Strange. For the sake of appeasement, I'm willing to say Wanda and Strange are just rough equals. But no advantage is really gained by swapping Strange for Wanda, especially since Mantis is also lost (and Mantis is the best at mind control in MCU).
  • Everyone else is completely oneshotable, even in their IW versions. Black Panther in Infinity War was oneshoted by a regular punch (no stones). Complete non-factors. Actually, with Iron Man nerfed everyone on this team is oneshotable. Except for maybe Vision, and you know you're screwed when Vision has to carry your team....

This matchup is basically trading IW Iron Man as a heavy hitter for Vision and Antman...which is sub-optimal. The only possible advantage I can see with this team is they made some ridiculous plan with Antman. Otherwise, I do not see this team fairing much better than Titan team. Nerf to Iron Man and lack of Strange really hurts it.

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alavanka: This is the Bleeding Edge Armor, not CW Armor