MCU Celestial Vs DCEU-Verse

• 136 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Drk045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Since it has feats i guess it can be debated.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Firedude17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Next thread, MCU Thanos vs DCEU Darkseid.

Drk045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Drk045

@firedude17 said:

Does thanos or darkseid have feats ?

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drk045 said:
@firedude17 said:

Does thanos or darkseid have feats ?

Think before you comment.

He's saying that because this thread is dumb.

Firedude17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drk045: The feat is rather vague and the DCEU is hardly fleshed out.

lukespeedblitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm superman speedblitzes it to orbit

Avatar image for hocko1999_virus
Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What feats does it have?

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drk045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Drk045

@hocko1999_virus said:

What feats does it have?

Loading Video...

At 2:30 in the vid. Did that seemingly casually.

lukespeedblitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By nwname  Moderator  Online

Celestial with 4 seconds screen time stomps. He planetbusts them.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

No speed feats, no durability feats.. batfleck kicks his head off, it has no feats of surviving that either. GG no re. :p

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

i bet cap and bucky can give that celestial a good fight

Drk045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i bet cap and bucky can give that celestial a good fight

Thats why i didnt put him against MCU, That poor celestial hasnt even pulled down a helicopter or beat Ironman in H2H yet :P

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drk045: This troll is creative but quite sensitive.

cvdebater666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did I not just like... explain this very thing recently. What the Celestial did the Kryptonians could survive. If the planet had exploded it might have been a different story.

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nwname  Moderator  Online

@cvdebater666: so you are saying a dceu kryptonian can survive that attack ? Now thats BS. Celestials hit cracked a continent on that planet. That is a feat on 1000s of teratons level while dceu kryptonians biggest feat is on few megaton level.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@drk045 said:

Since it has feats i guess it can be debated.

It does have feats, but he lacks strength feats, durability feats, speed feats etc...

I'm sorry but we can't debate it.

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Celestial one shots

cvdebater666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By cvdebater666

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2 said:

@cvdebater666: so you are saying a dceu kryptonian can survive that attack ? Now thats BS. Celestials hit cracked a continent on that planet. That is a feat on 1000s of teratons level while dceu kryptonians biggest feat is on few megaton level.

Yup I very much am. Let me quote myself from another thread:

"You ought to give Ronan the infinity stone, it would have added a third player who could possibly sway matters.

Now let me explain. I am not trying to infer Ronan with the infinity stone is by any means weak, in fact so far I think he severely outclasses every single MCU character to date by surviving the landing of his ship and a direct hit by a weapon that could blow a hole in a sizable spaceship. Nor am I trying to imply I could be proven wrong in the future, but hear me out:

The attack by what I assume to be a celestial which used the infinity stone to destroy a planet does not equate to the destruction equivalent to the power required to destroy an actual planet. This is because you cannot relate the attack shown to a traditional explosion as we know it. First of all we only see the surface of a planet being destroyed, which is not the same as the Death Star did in A New Hope. See the energy required to destroy just the surface of a world is significantly less than what it takes to destroy a planet. Furthermore if it were an explosion the epicenter of the blast would exude exponentially more energy than any distance from it as it always starts to diffuse as the blast goes outwards as per the laws of physics. This is why you see a crater after a nuclear blast the epicenter being its deepest point. That's obvious. Also, the blast of an explosion would travel in a horizontal fashion away from the epicenter in lieu of what you see in GotG where the blast envelops a planet. This is due to the fact that the gravitational pull of a solid planet as shown is nowhere near strong enough (there is a reason big planets are strictly gas-types).

Because the destruction is shown to envelop a planet following its curvature rather than expand directly outwards this has to be a technique rather than a sheer blast. After all, the speed at which the destruction is shown expanding outwards far exceeds that of any feasible escape velocity, while simultaneously no explosion's pressure wave slow enough to be pulled towards the planet will carry the destructive capability to destroy the surface.

Because of what is explained above, and because there is no huge crater in the planet after the fact, it has to be concluded that the energy dispersed never exceeds the initial energy it is launched with, nor does it logically diffuse after time: The energy stays consistent, and only powerful enough to overcome the tensile strength of the ground and any building/mountains.

Any character in the list that would have a durability level above this could potentially survive this explosion. And I think Superman and Doomsday at easily fit that bill. Hulk could possibly do this too as it is shown when he tried to lift Mjolnir and punched the Leviathan shifting its motion that he can overcome the tensile strength of concrete (but he did get knocked out by terminal velocity though, but one must not use low-end feats only), but he also has to be able to survive the heat."

Drk045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Drk045

@cvdebater666 said:

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2 said:

Yup I very much am. Let me quote myself from another thread:

"You ought to give Ronan the infinity stone, it would have added a third player who could possibly sway matters.

Now let me explain. I am not trying to infer Ronan with the infinity stone is by any means weak, in fact so far I think he severely outclasses every single MCU character to date by surviving the landing of his ship and a direct hit by a weapon that could blow a hole in a sizable spaceship. Nor am I trying to imply I could be proven wrong in the future, but hear me out:

The attack by what I assume to be a celestial which used the infinity stone to destroy a planet does not equate to the destruction equivalent to the power required to destroy an actual planet. This is because you cannot relate the attack shown to a traditional explosion as we know it. First of all we only see the surface of a planet being destroyed, which is not the same as the Death Star did in A New Hope. See the energy required to destroy just the surface of a world is significantly less than what it takes to destroy a planet. Furthermore if it were an explosion the epicenter of the blast would exude exponentially more energy than any distance from it as it always starts to diffuse as the blast goes outwards as per the laws of physics. This is why you see a crater after a nuclear blast the epicenter being its deepest point. That's obvious. Also, the blast of an explosion would travel in a horizontal fashion away from the epicenter in lieu of what you see in GotG where the blast envelops a planet. This is due to the fact that the gravitational pull of a solid planet as shown is nowhere near strong enough (there is a reason big planets are strictly gas-types).

Because the destruction is shown to envelop a planet following its curvature rather than expand directly outwards this has to be a technique rather than a sheer blast. After all, the speed at which the destruction is shown expanding outwards far exceeds that of any feasible escape velocity, while simultaneously no explosion's pressure wave slow enough to be pulled towards the planet will carry the destructive capability to destroy the surface.

Because of what is explained above, and because there is no huge crater in the planet after the fact, it has to be concluded that the energy dispersed never exceeds the initial energy it is launched with, nor does it logically diffuse after time: The energy stays consistent, and only powerful enough to overcome the tensile strength of the ground and any building/mountains.

Any character in the list that would have a durability level above this could potentially survive this explosion. And I think Superman and Doomsday at easily fit that bill. Hulk could possibly do this too as it is shown when he tried to lift Mjolnir and punched the Leviathan shifting its motion that he can overcome the tensile strength of concrete (but he did get knocked out by terminal velocity though, but one must not use low-end feats only), but he also has to be able to survive the heat."

So much speculation, No calcs, Just implications and speculations..

How does he know the attack used by the infinite stone required Higher Durability to resist and not density ? Everything isnt a punching match with winning based on whoever has the most OP durability. Especially in Marvel.

Also "as per the laws of physics" Lol must be new to comic based universes.

cvdebater666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drk045 said:

Uhm, I analyzed what we were given. There really isn't much more that we can do beyond that. Unless you want everyone to just say "Celestial GodStomps"; at least I tried to contribute something. And we don't need any calculations to know Kryptonians could survive the destruction of the surface of a planet. They're obviously way beyond that which is required to destroy rocks and buildings. See the destruction of an entire planet including its core is much more impressive because the very core of the planet is incredibly dense. The surface not so much. And I'm not going to quote myself twice in one thread as not two days ago I made an entire calculation regarding the World Engine feat.

Drk045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drk045 said:

Uhm, I analyzed what we were given. There really isn't much more that we can do beyond that. Unless you want everyone to just say "Celestial GodStomps"; at least I tried to contribute something. And we don't need any calculations to know Kryptonians could survive the destruction of the surface of a planet. They're obviously way beyond that which is required to destroy rocks and buildings. See the destruction of an entire planet including its core is much more impressive because the very core of the planet is incredibly dense. The surface not so much. And I'm not going to quote myself twice in one thread as not two days ago I made an entire calculation regarding the World Engine feat.

I am just looking at it from all angles.

Not sure if it has the feats to stop doomsday...

cvdebater666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drk045 said:

Okay, well that is better I guess. I felt with your comment you practically told me my comment was dumb while I was trying to contribute as best I can to this thread. Because unless we see more of the Celestials that few second scene is all we have to go by. Note that I never said the Celestial couldn't blow up the planet; after all it is continually stated the infinity gems are limitless in their power. It is just that if we take the highest possible feat we have he unfortunately only destroyed the surface. There may very well be a reason for it too--perhaps the planet was still useful for something and only the inhabitants had to be exterminated.

Drk045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Drk045

@drk045 said:

Okay, well that is better I guess. I felt with your comment you practically told me my comment was dumb while I was trying to contribute as best I can to this thread. Because unless we see more of the Celestials that few second scene is all we have to go by. Note that I never said the Celestial couldn't blow up the planet; after all it is continually stated the infinity gems are limitless in their power. It is just that if we take the highest possible feat we have he unfortunately only destroyed the surface. There may very well be a reason for it too--perhaps the planet was still useful for something and only the inhabitants had to be exterminated.

I suppose i could have taken more care to not sound like a jerk in my response but i actually had no intentions to personally attack you.

cvdebater666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By cvdebater666
@drk045 said:

I suppose i could have taken more care to not sound like a jerk in my response but i actually had no intentions to personally attack you.

No problem. I can imagine it feels like I'm simply trying to make an argument for the DCEU team by picking apart the special effects even though the makers might've intended something else. I can see how one could interpret that. I'm mostly just here to analyze scenes and what we're shown. I'm sure in Guardians they actually intended for the planet to literally blow up if we're going by what they said, and the Celestial with the Gem is actually that strong, they just happened to fail to show it.

By the way because I don't know comic books I have no clue what a Celestial is or is supposed to be, but it's gotta be my favorite MCU character design thus far. Looks incredibly intimidating.

Drk045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Celestial

TraGiC_JoHNSoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Celestial has no feats . Martha solos

Drk045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Celestial has no feats . Martha solos

Nah. Depends on if the Celestials mom is named martha and superman says it before he attacks.

Also it has feats so GG.

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 nwname  Moderator  Online

@cvdebater666: too long. Didn't read lol. But there was massive cracs in the planet which puts the attack at atleast 100+ teraton level. There is no way a kryptonian can survive that.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the Celestial has the gem, then it wins easily. If not, it loses seeing how it doesn't really have any feats.

Drk045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the Celestial has the gem, then it wins easily. If not, it loses seeing how it doesn't really have any feats.

arguably its standard gear since its the only thing we see it with.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drk045 said:
@captain_batman_ftw said:

Well, you can't really say that it's standard gear when it isn't a part of their character. Standard gear is what the shield is to Captain America, or batarangs to Batman.

Drk045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drk045 said:
@captain_batman_ftw said:

Well, you can't really say that it's standard gear when it isn't a part of their character. Standard gear is what the shield is to Captain America, or batarangs to Batman.

And yet we consistently saw the celestial with it more than Cap has his shield.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drk045: But the gem isn't something the Celestial has under its own name, it's not a part of its character like Cap with his shield, or Falcon with his wings.

Firedude17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Firedude17

Someone pls tag a mod to lock this thread.

Drk045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drk045: But the gem isn't something the Celestial has under its own name, it's not a part of its character like Cap with his shield, or Falcon with his wings.

How do you know that ?

hudyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too early. The vine will be swarmed with those threads when Infinity war and Justice league comes out

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Frocharocha

Celestial has only 1 feat. and stomps.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drk045: Because the gems are all around the place. It was first kept safe, then Star Lord collected it, then it was given back and Thanos is soon going to collect it. Same with all the other gems except the mind gem, due to Vision, even that one will eventually be taken from him by Thanos.

Drk045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drk045: Because the gems are all around the place. It was first kept safe, then Star Lord collected it, then it was given back and Thanos is soon going to collect it. Same with all the other gems except the mind gem, due to Vision, even that one will eventually be taken from him by Thanos.

Yeah and when Cap dies for good wont it not be his shield anymore too ?

That stone from what we know is standard gear as thats all we have seen the Celestial with.....

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drk045: You don't seem to understand the point. The gem isn't a part of the celestial's character. The celestial doesn't even have the gem anymore. Unlike the celestial, Cap actually owns his shield, it's a part of his character. The shield is 50% of Cap's character. The gem is just something a power-up to the celestial. It's not its standard gear.

VashtaNerada88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By VashtaNerada88

apparently "consistently" can mean a single showing.....DC kills the near featless celestial

What is stopping them from destroying the staff head that is housing the infinity gem? Because that is all we are really looking at right? the celestial is COMPLETELY featless; the gem has planet level power.

a single optic blast and he is zero threat. A single punch and he may likely die. Can he react to Zod/Supes blitzing?

too many factors to consider (imply) to give the celestial any real chance here...

might as well be Galactus (F4:RotSS) vs. Celestial(GotG)

cvdebater666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By cvdebater666

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2 said:

@cvdebater666: too long. Didn't read lol. But there was massive cracs in the planet which puts the attack at atleast 100+ teraton level. There is no way a kryptonian can survive that.

So you didn't read because it was too long...?

Not trying to bash you, but your estimation while indeed "at least 100+" would be far higher than that. If it were a typical explosion within the sense as we know it--and it wasn't as I explained--it would take a 8,700 teraton yield to cover the surface area of a planet the size of Earth (100 teraton is only 1.149% of that).

100 teraton would destroy the surface up to 26,017,561,212,977.125 m2 which is only 19.606% of the total surface area required. It would destroy an entire civilization, but not the complete surface area as shown in Guardians.

Regardless, 8,700 teraton would result in a ludicrously large crater which was never shown and the blast would expand on a horizontal plane as the overpressure/blastwave would exponentially exceed escape velocity thus not envelop the planet as shown. Therefore it cannot be compared to an explosion and is more akin to a technique which unleashes just the amount of energy required to tear open the surface but not enough to destroy the planet, and by expanding in a curved fashion under a gravitational force smaller than that of a gas giant at a velocity approaching 30,000 times the speed of sound it breaks the laws of physics in almost every conceivable way.

But, if one still want to ignore that and only go for hi-end feats, if you calculate the speed at which the World Engine landed in correlation to its mass (same as when he pierced Zod ship, or when he struck open the mother ship's hull which I calculated before)... The binding energy of the material the Kyrptonian's ships are made of could withstand a force roughly equal to the mass per unit area that Neutron Star material can generate under regular gravitational circumstances. Superman was above that while weakened; an 8,700 teraton explosion would mean practically nothing unless the effect is nuclear and results in ionizing radiation to weaken his cells. But yes, of course I know Snyder hadn't intended for Superman to actually be that strong. But it's a fun thing to calculate anyways but people ignore these things completely so I'm going to limit myself doing them henceforth or just completely stop with it.

@drk045 It seems I did end up indulging you with calculations in this thread after all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The 3 seconds of screen time r enough to stomp....literally