MCU CAV: Hawkeye (Subline) vs The Punisher (The_Red_Devil)

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Hawkeye, represented by: @subline

No Caption Provided

The Punisher, represented by: @the_red_devil

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Hawkeye has all his Gear excluding Trick Arrows.
  • Frank has his Standard Gear + Shotgun
  • Basic Knowledge
  • No Prep
  • Random Encounter
  • Standard Win Conditions

No Caption Provided
  • Start on opposite ends, behind cover
  • Both are aware of their opponent's initial Location
Avatar image for deactivated-5cc88dc0cd01c
deactivated-5cc88dc0cd01c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Mismatch, Team stomps

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

*sigh*

OK tag

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc073360931e
deactivated-5cc073360931e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mismatch, Team 2 stomps

There is only one Team here.....

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

TAEP

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

T4V

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 anthp2000  Moderator

Oh deer god.

JSDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I guess that thread became a CaV then. TAEP

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 anthp2000  Moderator
Avatar image for deactivated-6021b09dd509c
deactivated-6021b09dd509c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BUMP for voters.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16 krisbishop  Moderator

TAEP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BUMP for voters.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Tag for votes

Avatar image for deactivated-5ce9caa16188f
deactivated-5ce9caa16188f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag

Sazzmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4v

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post #1

No Caption Provided

Intro

Not really much purpose in a Bio given how mainstream the MCU is, though I still feel it's worth going over his advantages.

First of all there is obviously Bucky's Superhuman Stats, he's a Super Soldier, and has a massive advantage over any of the Netflix Duo in Strength, Durability and Speed, as well as a Boxing + Military Background and a ton of Hydra training, and the feats to back up his fighting skill. I think it goes without saying your team has no chance in a melee encounter (I'll go over this).

Matt is of little threat against Bucky, given he has no way of inflicting significant damage on Bucky. In fact, he will likely be a slight hindrance here, while he will be an effective radar. Anyone who has seen Daredevil knows that Matt will definitely do all that he can to ensure Frank does not take Lethal Shots. Regardless, given Bucky's Superhuman Speed, Agility, Marksmanship Ability and General Accolades / Statements, a ranged battle is still in The Winter Soldier's Favor.

Since both sides have Basic Knowledge, Bucky will be aware that Matt is a capable aim dodger, and hence he will take out Frank first in a ranged encounter, and then close in and pummel Matt in close quarters.

Ranged Battle

There is going to be a lot of difficulty in your team when it comes to a ranged battle. The first issue is the conflict in morals, between Frank and Matt. We've seen this duo fight together before and Matt goes out of his way to make sure no criminal dies, even disarming Frank to ensure this, example:

Matt Disarms Frank Before He Can Shoot
Matt Disarms Frank Before He Can Shoot

This means your team will not be hitting any lethal shots on Bucky, and hence will have much more difficulty in keeping Bucky down. As a safety measure though, with his Standard Winter Soldier Outfit, Bucky wears Bullet Resistant Goggles, though it is unlikely that these will even be of much use here since the duo will be avoiding lethal shots / headshots.

Then there is also the issue of tagging Bucky at all, his Metal Arm, Speed and Agility have proved highly useful in avoiding gunfire on numerous occasions:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The only thing left to discuss in regards to the ranged battle is Marksmanship Ability, which I will do in the next section.

Marksmanship

Bucky is a Military Veteran and the finest member of the Howling Commandos, after what was thought to be his death, he was found by Hydra and turned into the perfect Soldier. With training from Hydra themself (the deadliest organization on the planet), as well as dozens of years of experience, Bucky has gone on to become Hydra's most feared Assassin, even by the likes of Black Widow, one of SHIELD's finest Agents.

Frank has never really shown any extraordinary aim dodging abilities, he is more reliant on his Pain Tolerance and Body Armor, his Pain Tolerance can't keep him going forever, he will bleed out eventually just like anyone would, and he is still highly vulnerable to a headshot.

Just to confirm that Bucky is accurate enough to land a clean lethal shot, I'll drop a few feats. This first video has Bucky landing a shot on Black Widow in a similar environment to this battle, despite her being covered by a bunch of vehicles. Given that Nat was moving, while Frank will be relatively stationary (albeit more prepared), he should be able to pull off similar shots. Since he also has an Automatic Assault Rifle here, Frank will only be in even more danger.

Even with inferior Weapons, Bucky was able to land two shots on Captain America, the best aim blocker in the MCU. This is one of the very few instances that Captain America has ever been shot, Crossbones, Ultron Drones and hordes of Hydra Agents have all failed to land a shot on Cap, due to his blocking skills which have even been complemented by the Russo Brothers themselves.

CQC

Taking down Matt in CQC is not going to be a threat at all. Bucky can soak up anything Matt throws at him, while a single punch from Bucky's Metal Arm will likely put either Matt on the verge of KO. Take a look at what the Metal Arm can do with casual strikes:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Effortlessly shattering thick concrete and punching through steel frames, I'm 100% certain you cannot provide an instance of Matt taking a strike this powerful without being significantly stunned.

Before I get into Bucky's Speed and Agility, I think I should touch on his Durability real quickly, I said he can soak up anything the duo throw at him in Melee, and that is absolutely true. You can look at any of Bucky's fights with Captain America, such as the Highway Battle, Bucky takes Cap's strikes back to back without any damage. For reference, Steve can break a metal harness and send a punching bag flying with a regular punch, and send a car reeling a few meters back with a kick. Matt will not be doing any significant damage.

Bucky is no slouch as a fighter aswell, as well as the training and experience I've gone over, he's kept up with Steve on numerous instances, fighting on relatively even terms.

For reference, Steve was able to clear out an entire room worth of Shield's Top Agents (10 to be precise), who were Armed with Shock Batons and Magnetic Restraints, Steve also had very little room of vulnerability, and was only really given any issue by Agent Rumlow, who on his own is highly competent, given he was holding his own against Steve 1v1 in Civil War, so I don't think this should be held against Cap.

Conclusion

Bucky's superior speed, agility and cybernetic arm blocking skills will allow him to protect himself much more effectively than Frank can, Bucky is definitely a tier above Frank purely looking at their accolades, but by feats, he's also tagged Captain America and Black Widow, while either at close range but with inferior weapons (Cap Feat), or in very a similar environment (BW Feat). Frank is also hindered by Matt's Morals, and his unwillingness to kill.

Matt has no ranged capabilities, and since he has Basic Knowledge, he will know he should avoid close quarters combat, so he will effectively be a Radar to Frank for as long as they are at range. Once Bucky takes Frank out of the equation during said ranged encounter, he will close in, and take out Matt with little difficulty.

Avatar image for asgardianweapon
asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yeah taep too

Red12789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers