MCU Captain Marvel vs DCEU Wonder Woman

#401 Posted by EcoBlitz (6082 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for captainsweatpan
#402 Edited by CaptainSweatpan (3029 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecoblitz: how do I change my name? I was aiming for CaptainSweatpants

#403 Posted by IPvMan (866 posts) - - Show Bio

@erkan12 said:

@mister_surreal: I am not insulting you, you're insulting yourself by spreading misinformation and presenting your fanfic as if it happened before.

Again;

@mister_surreal said:
Doomsday tanked a nuke and yet Wonder Woman cut off his hand.

Doomsday didn't tank a nuke.

This is a false info that probably you're spreading it purposely to back up your DC characters. Doomsday absorbed the nuke. Absorbing something and tanking something is completely, and entirely different things.

Are we clear on this? Because you don't seem like to talk about the facts we've seen before, rather you're talking about your own fanfic in here.

This is such a typical MCU fanboy response. You have to be able to tank something to absorb it. Or from this statement, I'm to assume you think DCEU Doomsday can tank all forms of damage no matter how destructive because he can just absorb it, he doesn't have to worry about tanking it. But of course you would never say that, unless you're attempting to lowball Wonder Woman's sword. Lmao. This is why MCU fanboys can't be respected or taken seriously. The hypocrisy is just overwhelming.

@ecoblitz said:

>Has feats in pretty much every category.

>Says it’s not enough because there isn’t a lot of quantity. quality.

Captain Marvel shouldn't even be in this fight because she's never fought a being like Wonder Woman. Diana fought Doomsday in her first appearance. Carol blew up a bunch of fodder. The difference here is clear.

#404 Edited by Paytience (5333 posts) - - Show Bio

@ipvman: He didn't tank the nuke because it was in damn space homeboy. Blastwaves don't perpetuate in space because there is no atmosphere, thus the energy is released almost exclusively as microwaves and xrays, and other radiation. That feat has been debunked dozens of times, period.

And blowing through fighter craft and ships isn't fodder.

And no diana didn't blitz and disarm at fte and she never blocked bullets coming from multiple direction. The actual video clips are on youtube so stop trying to lie with unclear gifs.

#405 Edited by IPvMan (866 posts) - - Show Bio

@paytience:

He didn't tank the nuke because it was in damn space homeboy. Blastwaves don't perpetuate in space because there is no atmosphere, thus the energy is released almost exclusively as microwaves and xrays, and other radiation. That feat has been debunked dozens of times, period.

How'd Doomsday get back to earth if he was in space? Because he was in the upper atmosphere, not space. That attempted debunk has been debunked multiple times, but good try.

And blowing through fighter craft and ships isn't fodder.

Damn you're right, I forgot about all those amazing durability they got that make them not fodder. Oh wait...

And no diana didn't blitz and disarm at fte and she never blocked bullets coming from multiple direction. The actual video clips are on youtube so stop trying to lie with unclear gifs.

Lol yeah she did, I already showed you the gif.

No Caption Provided

How is that lying with unclear gifs lmao? You're literally blind or delusional if you're trying to deny she blocked bullets coming from every direction.

#406 Edited by Wyldsong (9850 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw Captain Marvel. It was an okay film, really just kind of average, and I say this as someone who prefers Marvel to DC. As of right now, Wonder Woman would take this fight. Maybe Endgame will change this...but I don't see Carol taking it as of this moment. She has potential though...just not enough as of this moment.

#407 Posted by CyberpunkCop (3406 posts) - - Show Bio

Carol

#408 Posted by frbro84 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyldsong: youre clearly are delusional if you think Wonderwomen has a chance, considering captain Marvel can warp speed.

#409 Posted by frbro84 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton:

captain marvel is faster than ww lol. Clearly you havent watched the movie

#410 Edited by Wyldsong (9850 posts) - - Show Bio

@frbro84: I don't know who you are, but calling someone delusional, is not any form of actual debate. Come back when you have something to actually say, instead of trying to be insulting. I stand by what I say. Carol is not as impressive as a few seem to make her out to be. I am the guy that wants Marvel characters to win over DC. I also have to be honest in my assessment and not let a blind fanaticism affect my judgement. So "Mr. 13 posts", if this is even your real account and not some alternate that you choose to hide behind, back off and chill out. Not everyone watched the film with rose colored glasses on...

#411 Posted by uugieboogie (13746 posts) - - Show Bio

Carol needs more feats to make this clearer to judge. As of right now there’s advantages and disadvantages both characters have over the other. This fight will be much easier to judge after Endgame.

OT: It’s crazy how toxic this site has become.

#412 Edited by frbro84 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyldsong:

I don't know who you are, but after talking with you, it is clear that you know nothing about MCEU captain marvel. To think that DCEU Diana, who still doesn't know how to fly, would beat Captain Marvel who can literally warp speed is a form of delusion.

Also, ''the Movie was Average'' argument is not any form of actual debate. Come back when you have better reasoning as to why WW would beat Captain Marvel in a fight. lol

Until now the only scenario I see is Captain Marvel curb stomping WW in 1 millisecond via speed blitz

#413 Posted by EcoBlitz (6082 posts) - - Show Bio
#414 Posted by EcoBlitz (6082 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyldsong: so you believe Wonder Woman can react to massively hypersonic bull rushes.

#415 Posted by Wyldsong (9850 posts) - - Show Bio

@frbro84: I walked out of the film less than an hour ago...my memory is very fresh on all things Captain Marvel.

Calling the movie average, was an honest truth on the quality of the film, and nothing to do with debate. I stated a fact on how I felt about the film, which is not commentary on how she would perform in combat. Most people would understand that, you do not.

Regardless, Carol is not up to par in that film. She had one battle, flying in space, that was pretty cool. It doesn't grant her the win when we see her flying in real time, not at warp speeds in combat.

#416 Posted by EcoBlitz (6082 posts) - - Show Bio

Also why do people keep saying she “fought” doomsday she survived him while blocking 98% of his attacks with her gear while he was mainly focused on Superman.

#417 Posted by Wyldsong (9850 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecoblitz: I believe, you guys are seriously overplaying Carol here. Maybe Endgame will change all of this, but as of now, I call it like I see it.

#418 Edited by Wyldsong (9850 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's see, entering a Carol thread, I have been called delusional (once directly, once indirectly), at least twice. Told I know nothing about MCU Captain Marvel...even though I just finished watching the film less than an hour ago...and now I see the error of my ways. I should have known better than to post in a CM thread, where there seems to be a rabid fanbase that will do more harm than good for Carol on these forums. Say what you will about me, but I am out. Toxic fanbases are why I generally avoid these threads.

I hope Carol gets some bad arse feats in future films, but I am likely to avoid being a champion for her with things like this on the forums.

#419 Posted by CyberpunkCop (3406 posts) - - Show Bio

Another overlooked speed feat for Carol that should make this even more of a stomp

The Kree ballistic warheads entered the earth's atmosphere in seconds moving at massive speeds and she managed to stop hold and throw one of them before the other warheads had time to reach her

#420 Posted by IPvMan (866 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberpunkcop: Where's that feat she fights something other than fodder in combat?

#421 Edited by Wyldsong (9850 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberpunkcop said:

Another overlooked speed feat for Carol that should make this even more of a stomp

The Kree ballistic warheads entered the earth's atmosphere in seconds moving at massive speeds and she managed to stop hold and throw one of them before the other warheads had time to reach her

I will give you this, while I still don't agree on her being faster, you are at least throwing out an instance, instead of just screaming about hypersonic warp speed bullrushes. This, I can at least respect.

#422 Edited by IPvMan (866 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyldsong: It's literally just MCU fanboys. They just don't get it. You can like a character and still have an objective opinion about them.

#423 Posted by Wyldsong (9850 posts) - - Show Bio

@ipvman: What is sad, is that with DCEU vs MCU, I would be considered more of an MCU fan. I just try to look at things objectively. Now don't get me wrong, DCEU has it's toxic fanbase as well. The Carol threads are just in the spotlight nowadays since the film was just released, and is fresh. Silly me, I just should not come in and try and drop an objective opinion, which is counter to that of some fans.

#424 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (5999 posts) - - Show Bio

Are people really trying to argue against IPvMan (aka MOTM)? Lol.

I love how he has the audacity to call people fanboys when his picture is in the dictionary for fanboy.

#425 Posted by Thorthunder98 (6943 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyldsong: Yea I agree, people are overrating the hell out of her currently when they have no feats to base their judgements off, she has no high tier striking feats, her photon blasts have no high tier feats either, she has one good durability feat but still no feats to suggest how she can handle hits from high tiers. Yet people are saying she wrecks Superman and Thor and all that when there's really no feats to suggest she can put them down. She'll maybe get them in Endgame but right now she really doesn't have them it's out of control rn.

Also SO MANY alts appeared

#426 Posted by Wyldsong (9850 posts) - - Show Bio

@frbro84: After the PM, we are good for now. No worries my friend, just keep it civil.

#427 Posted by IPvMan (866 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_shazam0920: Damn I know MOTM gave you PTSD but eventually you just have to get over it and stop with the accusations, it's really kind of sad lol.

#428 Edited by Wyldsong (9850 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorthunder98: Well, I will say this on Captain Marvel...she had some good feats. It is just in my personal opinion, we need another film to get a good feel on where she is overall. And we will have that soon with Endgame, at least I hope.

I want to be able to argue MCU as beating DCEU characters, and there are some arguments to be had (not in every case mind you). I just feel we need a little more for CM.

#429 Edited by Mr_Shazam0920 (5999 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorthunder98:

I wouldn’t say she’s completely featless. Tossing the ballistic missile is a hell of a strength feat all things considered. She also bathed in the explosions of said missiles as if they were nothing. In comparison, WW in a similar but much less powerful explosion was almost KO’d (right before Steve Trevor left for the plane). She was also destroying Ronan’s fighter ships by starfishing, laughing it off. We can sit there and say these ships were fodder, but the Kree were so much more advanced than humans, why do we automatically assume their metals are inferior ?

No Caption Provided

She also had 0 problems with reentry, and survived 2 crashes from space. She’s hella durable.

Mind you, these are all feats that I simply do not see Diana replicating so casually.

#430 Posted by nightgate (1552 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyldsong: I’ve also been called delusional for my unpopular opinion that the warhead feat was more an energy output feat than a strength feat. ??‍♂️

#431 Posted by nightgate (1552 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_shazam0920: Being the daughter of Zeus, i’d expect something similar to Captain Marvel’s reaction.

#432 Posted by Thorthunder98 (6943 posts) - - Show Bio

@wyldsong: Yea for sure I think after Endgame she'll get feats to be on Thor level and probably above. But I feel like out of the few feats she had it's not enough to be arguing for her stomping high tier people, simply because she hasn't had enough durability feats and hasn't had enough striking feats to say she could handle them. She had three very good feats imo, the missile catch, the flying through the missile explosions and the destroying the ship, they all put her on a high tier level but I don't feel like they're enough to say she can beat high tier people as of yet anyways.

She just needs more feats which will probably come in like a month anyways but people are going crazy with her when there isn't many feats to base their judgements off.

#433 Posted by Wyldsong (9850 posts) - - Show Bio

@nightgate: That is a hard one to call, though I can see your thought process on it. Was she using her energy based powers to amp her physicals, like strength? Or was it more of a kinetic energy boost to turn around the missile and push it back? I can see both arguments, and without further intel, I could not fault you for that thought.

@thorthunder98: I see nothing I disagree with. For my personal tastes, she just needs a bit more to work with.

#434 Posted by nightgate (1552 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorthunder98: I agree, I say this fight goes either 6/10 CM or 6/10 WW. Both with high difficulty. Your thoughts?

#435 Posted by CyberpunkCop (3406 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah after looking more into her feats Carol definitely stomps this

No Caption Provided

We see the Kree warheads enter the atmosphere at massive speeds only seconds after they were fired

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Yet Carol manages to stop hold and throw one before the others even have time to catch up unless those missiles magically slowed down from the speeds we saw in every other scene this puts her way beyond Wonder Woman in operational speed

#436 Posted by IPvMan (866 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman has arguably better striking strength feats as well because the power doesn't come from her bracers, the shockwave produced is her strength producing it.

No Caption Provided

So yeah Carol gets curbed here pretty thoroughly and I don't see that changing after Endgame lol.

#437 Posted by IPvMan (866 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh and LOL at Diana ever getting blitzed by Captain Marvel. Carol couldn't blitz fodder but now she's blitzing someone who can react to lightning, heat vision and see bullets in slow motion?

No Caption Provided

I would think not. So it comes to CQC and I think we know what happens then, replace DDs hand with Carol's head and there you have it.

#438 Posted by yZone (78 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't believe someone thought this was a fair enough fight to make a thread on it... Or that we have people thinking Captain Marvel loses to Wonder Woman

#439 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (5999 posts) - - Show Bio

@ipvman:

LMAO! The shockwave is not produced by her strength, nice try.

Steppenwolf no sold a bracelet smash at point blank range anyways, it isn’t powerful at all.

#440 Posted by Wyldsong (9850 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright guys, less of the "lol" and "I can't believe" statements, and more on the actual debate and discussion of feats...prove your side of the argument.

#441 Posted by IPvMan (866 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_shazam0920: It's absolutely produced by her strength. What else produces it? Is she magic now? Does she have stored energy in her bracers? I mean you might as well give a counter explanation while you're at it.

#442 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (5999 posts) - - Show Bio

@ipvman:

I mean, you don’t see her bracelets literally glowing prior to her smashing them? You don’t see the flashing godly light ?

Please show me her producing a shockwave of any kind besides her bracelet smash, please. In strikes or anything. All movies she has been in have been touched by Zack Snyder. He’s the king of the shockwave.

#443 Edited by Wyldsong (9850 posts) - - Show Bio

Last two posts, much better on the discussion front. Keep it up=)

#444 Edited by IPvMan (866 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_shazam0920: Haha, so she has access to godly light now? Well that's a new power I didn't even know she had that one. But actually no, her bracers are literally confirmed by Patty Jenkins to be standard Amazon issue, that's why everyone was so shocked in the training scene when she did it.

Loading Video...

I'm also pretty sure there's an interview floating around somewhere she confirms it. She's just that strong. I know you don't want to believe that but that's the fact. We can be objective about this.

#445 Edited by Mr_Shazam0920 (5999 posts) - - Show Bio

@ipvman:

https://youtu.be/k9rzH7tHnYM

At the 1:30 mark it is as clear as day that you see her bracers glow prior to her smashing them.

https://youtu.be/uC9qU3X1JgM

Same with here at the 3:24 mark.

Even in the video you showed there is a discharge. That is not coming from her own brute strength.

Like I said, please show me her producing shockwaves from anything other than a bracelet smash. I’m waiting.

#446 Posted by nightgate (1552 posts) - - Show Bio

@ipvman: I didn’t notice that before, new ability unlocked. ?

#447 Posted by nightgate (1552 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberpunkcop: Nice monitor by the way. The kree warhead feat, it looks more like an energy projection/output feat than strength. What are your thoughts?

#448 Posted by Thorthunder98 (6943 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_shazam0920: She has a few very decent feats like the missile one is amazing and the flying through the explosions and destroying the ship I'm not denying they're great. But what I'm saying is we've never seen her deliver a decent striking feat on a high tier level, and we've never seen her take hits from a character with decent striking feats. I have no doubt she's a high tier those feats put her there, but there simply isn't enough of them to say she can put down someone like Superman or Thor or even Hulk tbh.

However, I'm talking about how people are overrating her in general I think in this specific fight it could go either way but WW could still gut her if Carol goes in CQC too long, we saw her getting tagged by the Kree who don't have combat speed even close to Diana. But Carol is clearly more powerful than Diana overall, just her sword gives her an advantage in a lot of fights. We need to see more of Carol's combat speed this is what I'm saying she just needs a higher quantity of feats and we need to see her fight an established character with feats of their own which we'll get in Endgame in a month.

#449 Edited by IPvMan (866 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_shazam0920:

https://youtu.be/k9rzH7tHnYM

At the 1:30 mark it is as clear as day that you see her bracers glow prior to her smashing them.

https://youtu.be/uC9qU3X1JgM

Same with here at the 3:24 mark.

Even in the video you showed there is a discharge. That is not coming from her own brute strength.

I'm sorry but your opinion doesn't supersede narrative facts and director's statements. That is her strength as a demigod and nothing else. Her bracers are standard issue.

Like I said, please show me her producing shockwaves from anything other than a bracelet smash. I’m waiting.

Sure thing.

Here against Doomsday.

No Caption Provided

Casually backhands a robber.

No Caption Provided

Three times against Superman with a headbutt.

No Caption Provided

And it might just be me but I highly doubt Carol would be okay after that. Certainly isn't getting up moments later like Wonder Woman.

#450 Posted by Thorthunder98 (6943 posts) - - Show Bio

@nightgate: I also think it could go either way WW can still gut Carol if she goes CQC too long, we saw her get tagged by Kree who don't have combat speed close to Diana, but Captain Marvel is overall more powerful so she could probably take out Diana problem is hard to argue for Carol due to her lack of combat feats, specifically fighting a character with feats of their own to gauge how she fairs in one on one fights rather than destroying fodder.

After Endgame Carol will probably win by a decent margin