Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#901 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (12143 posts) - - Show Bio
#902 Posted by APEX_pretador (21292 posts) - - Show Bio
#903 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (12143 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_pretador: Dunno about plot device, but agreed.

Edit: where do you have her at, in term of combat speed?

Avatar image for lovecomicsloveanimelovegameslo
#904 Posted by LoveComicsLoveAnimeLoveGamesLoveToys (197 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_pretador: apologize for a silly question but is she faster than dceu Superman ?

#905 Posted by agent41 (15850 posts) - - Show Bio

@subline said:

Captain Marvel one shots lol.

What makes you think she would in one hit? I watched her solo and Avengers End Game, and didn't see any strength feat that woud make me thing she can one-shotte WW.

#906 Posted by Subline (8695 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: She was one shotting Spaceships...

#907 Posted by agent41 (15850 posts) - - Show Bio

@subline said:

@agent41: She was one shotting Spaceships...

She was flying through spaceships, hitting, shooting energy blasts. I still don't see how that gives her such a massive strength advantage to one-shotte. But i guess we won't agree.

Happy sunday.

#908 Posted by APEX_pretador (21292 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_pretador: Dunno about plot device, but agreed.

Edit: where do you have her at, in term of combat speed?

Like I said on every thread, she needs more combat feats to properly place her (for things like combat speed, durability, striking power etc). Right now, she has low supersonic reactions imo.

@apex_pretador: apologize for a silly question but is she faster than dceu Superman ?

In travel speed? Absolutely certainly. In combat speed? Not even close as of now.

#909 Posted by death4bunnies (1710 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:
@subline said:

Captain Marvel one shots lol.

What makes you think she would in one hit? I watched her solo and Avengers End Game, and didn't see any strength feat that woud make me thing she can one-shotte WW.

As a strength feat she carried a spaceship(the Benitar) lightyears.

#910 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (5218 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebestofthebest:

I know man, I know. In comics you have split durability and split speed lmao. Or it all could just be headcanon that is nerds come up with to rationalize.

By the way, Carol made that trip in one day. Tony said their oxygen was going to run out the next day. She did that all while carrying a multi-ton ship. That is honestly one of the highest tier feats we have ever seen in a CBM. Her powers do come from the space stone, though. I wouldn’t expect anything else.

Avatar image for lovecomicsloveanimelovegameslo
#911 Posted by LoveComicsLoveAnimeLoveGamesLoveToys (197 posts) - - Show Bio
#912 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (12143 posts) - - Show Bio
#913 Posted by Gaoron (9153 posts) - - Show Bio

Carol maneuvering around spaceships and their blasters in her solo movie is enough of a reaction feat to match Diana.

#914 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

WW can win.

#915 Posted by Subline (8695 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: She also sent a Ship flying with a punch at one point.

Diana was basically one shotted by a headbutt from Supes, who doesn't hit that much harder.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc88dc0cd01c
#916 Posted by deactivated-5cc88dc0cd01c (422 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly this is lock worthy before Endgame

#917 Posted by NathanTheCynic (130 posts) - - Show Bio

After Endgame, CM handily.

#918 Edited by Buckstop (115 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Thanos can react to and throw a spear faster than Captain Marvel can try to save the universe. But we're going to sit here and act like she did something great in Endgame or can't get tagged and sliced by Wonder Woman. Lol. Come on now. I'll CaV this.

#919 Posted by agent41 (15850 posts) - - Show Bio

@subline said:

@agent41: She also sent a Ship flying with a punch at one point.

Diana was basically one shotted by a headbutt from Supes, who doesn't hit that much harder.

She wasn't one-shotted, she was not ko at all in that fight.

#920 Posted by vsl_9241 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

@angeljax: Round 1 This is a toughy but I'm gonna give it to WW simply because in their base modes and standard gears ww is already invulnerable due to her gauntlets, not to mention her speed advantage. In base mode CM couldn't even fight off a skrull without it getting a few hits in meaning she has standard reaction time while ww can react to bullets. One quick swift with her sword and cm is out. Not to mention ww has centuries of combat training and battle strategy.

Round 2: This is gonna be a giant blood bath. CM can now fly and is very durable as well as being able to project energy blast, not to mention her superior strength. If WW wants to survive she needs to plan ahead which luckily in this round prep time is granted. WW has knowledge of CM powers meaning she is prepared to evade her shots at all cost. CM marvel being able to fly is a huge advantage but she's gotta find a way to get her hits past WW gauntlets. Wonder Woman was able to shield herself from doomsday blast meaning she can definitely shield herself from CM blast. CM is alot faster as well in binary but her reaction time appears to be the same as before. This is an advantage for WW. WW also has her gauntlets which absorb the energy launched at them in her god mode. As shown in her solo film when Ares blast lightning at her he grants her electricity manipulation, speed, stamina, flight, and invulnerability. In rage mode she was also able to project energy outward similar to doomsday. This means if CM tries blasting WW in her god mode WW will only be absorbing all that power. (SPOILERS!!) Considering thanos was able to hurt CM with the power stone, which has the same destructive ability as her photon blast, we can assume Ww would be able to hurt her if she projects all that energy back to CM. If somehow CM manages to get past her gauntlets and lands a hit with her blast WW is still very durable and has her gauntlets to expel energy and keep CM at bay. WW also has her lasso meaning she can hold CM down and land a few strikes, even with her sword which is cabable of cutting through atoms, something CM binary hide can't handle. WW was able to hurt rage mode superman and even take a hit from him. Superman's strongest feat was holding two tectonic plates away from eachother to avoid an earthquake. This is stronger than any feat CM has shown. This is a tough battle but ultimately WW is faster, smarter, better prepared, and bloodlusted. After a bloody fight WW manages to hold CM down with her lasso and goes all out with her energy filled gauntlets and sword. WW takes this fight. Disclaimer, I am a fan of both the mcu and dceu but as a viewer and critic this is my honest opinion, zero hate to either character.

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
#921 Posted by DarkPsychicLord_Prime (4126 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel stomps in a mismatch.

#922 Posted by GateOfBabylon (4565 posts) - - Show Bio

After Endgame, Carol definitely wins handily.

#923 Posted by Arcus1 (27817 posts) - - Show Bio

So, can we stop the "Carol fights at light speed" stuff now? Cause clearly, Thanos was keeping up with her just fine, and he's no speedster

While I can definitely see her winning, it's not gonna be because Diana flat out can't keep up with her

#924 Posted by ANTHP2000 (28508 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1: Travel speed is all someone needs to blitz, let's be honest. If Carol wants to rust at SoL, I don't see how you can say Diana will react to that.

If it wasn't for that, I'd back Diana.

#925 Posted by Arcus1 (27817 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1: Travel speed is all someone needs to blitz, let's be honest. If Carol wants to rust at SoL, I don't see how you can say Diana will react to that.

I mean, if Carol does a "dive bomb from space" style blitz, then yeah, that could work

But if they start at a reasonable distance, we've seen how Carol fights up close, and it's doesn't seem like anything Diana couldn't possibly react to

#926 Posted by ANTHP2000 (28508 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1 said:
@anthp2000 said:

I mean, if Carol does a "dive bomb from space" style blitz, then yeah, that could work

But if they start at a reasonable distance, we've seen how Carol fights up close, and it's doesn't seem like anything Diana couldn't possibly react to

I guess IC, Diana can win. Your first statement is what I meant.

Avatar image for thanos_thebadas
#927 Posted by Thanos_thebadas (1271 posts) - - Show Bio

@buckstop said:
No Caption Provided

Thanos can react to and throw a spear faster than Captain Marvel can try to save the universe. But we're going to sit here and act like she did something great in Endgame or can't get tagged and sliced by Wonder Woman. Lol. Come on now. I'll CaV this.

You're in denial she flew through a ship tanked the explosion and was flying through missiles that could level the Avengers base in seconds, the explosions the missiles caused were massive and she flew through them unfazed. She also carried the ship Tony was in back to earth. also I love how you cut out the rest of the gif, because she comes back afterwards but you purposely miss it out to support your argument...

#928 Posted by BOC (1762 posts) - - Show Bio

After Endgame I would back Carol more times than not.

#929 Posted by TheVVitchKing (1038 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel is flat out better in every way she takes it easily

#930 Posted by mrmonster (15918 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel

#931 Edited by Matthew660 (1685 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain marvel fodderizes.

-One shotted spaceships the size of skyscrapers, and 3 shotted one the size of a city block

-can fly at near light speeds

-has photon blasts that can also one shot spaceships(photons move at the speed of light)

-no sold thanos’s Head butt

-tanked a power gem punch from thanos

-flew at mhs speeds while oneshotting space ships the size of skyscrapers, which could give us a hint at her combat speed

-Held off a building sized spaceship flying at hypersonic speeds, idk how much weight that is but it’s still impressive. These ships were coming from space to earth in seconds, I think it’s safe to say they were hypersonic if not faster.

#932 Posted by GeorgeWBush (12457 posts) - - Show Bio

It’s not a debate Carol is significantly more powerful

#933 Posted by KingJupeter (42 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel stomp.

#934 Posted by Bayman007 (1878 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Diana

#935 Posted by Lan_Fan (15929 posts) - - Show Bio
#936 Posted by BalancedTruth (1384 posts) - - Show Bio

Diana in a landslide

WW 84 will only make it worse

#937 Posted by buildhare (8748 posts) - - Show Bio

I too remember when Diana singlehandedly turned the tide of a battle by soloing a gigantic cruiser and murking the (up until that point) team-busting big bad. Oh what a sight it was.

#938 Posted by InFrontOff (39 posts) - - Show Bio
#939 Posted by TheVVitchKing (1038 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain marvel easily

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
#940 Posted by plotweapon16255 (7867 posts) - - Show Bio
#941 Posted by Nandope (445 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel easily

Lets wait for WW 84

#942 Posted by The_Gaurdian (618 posts) - - Show Bio

@buildhare: Diana's first appearance in the DCEU was her changing the tide and holding her own against Doomsday even though he's magnitudes above Superman, which in turn would put him several tiers above both Carol and Thanos

#943 Posted by SirPounce (263 posts) - - Show Bio
#944 Posted by pastepotpete1 (3444 posts) - - Show Bio

captain marvel throws her into space

#945 Posted by TheVVitchKing (1038 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain marvel easily there isn’t much Wonder woman can do to bridge the massive stats gap or survive getting nuked

#946 Posted by Gaoron (9153 posts) - - Show Bio
#947 Edited by HERMES1220 (321 posts) - - Show Bio

I still don’t see CM winning this tbh. She’s sooo slow in cqc and her strikes frankly were weak. The only things that were very impressive was her durability and travel speed. I guess destructive capabilities as well. Although she does have a better lifting feat with the warhead, I’d say that WW just because she’s been in more movies has better or equal at least striking feats with and without her sword.

WW 6/10

#948 Posted by Omandtellor (111 posts) - - Show Bio
#949 Posted by Guynoname101 (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Carol god stomp.

#950 Posted by BloodTimeline (67 posts) - - Show Bio