User Lists: 0

Captain America

VS
VS

Thanos

No Caption Provided

Rules/Setting

• In character
  • Standard gear except for Cap who will be using Stormbreaker instead of Mjolnir
  • Win if the opponent is incapacitated of dead
  • Takes place where the two originally fought
jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 jashro44  Online

I still back Thanos if he has his armor.

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
EternalDarkFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Thanos.

Namebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos stomps.

MattyBoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap could win IF he tags thanos.

However its unlikely and thanos can just one shot him like he did in endgame

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need to rewatch the fight, but I'm thinking it could go either way.

Bearderby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos stomps

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Thanos.

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap landed the first up close hit with Mjolnir despite a range disadvantage (sword is longer). Stormbreaker can also be swung fairly quickly. It can go either way depending on if he tags Thanos first. Thanos can also one shot.

Laskt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Laskt  Online

Considering Stormbreaker nearly killed IG Thanos with a good hit, this is basically a game of who can tag who first. I'd say Thanos given that he is more used to fighting at this level of power

Crunch5481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Crunch5481

Depends if Cap gets Thor durability as well, I doubt it. Thanos should win many more times than not.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf823e3012e8
deactivated-5cf823e3012e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos wins again.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap would win with Stormbreaker.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cfefdb3f097d
deactivated-5cfefdb3f097d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos still ragdolls him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0d5a2398b7d
deactivated-5d0d5a2398b7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU Cap can never really be counted out due to PIS, but he isn't beating Thanos. Thanos KOs him. Remove plot armor and Thanos turns him into mush.

BreakOfDawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he gets the pre-Ragnarok Thor level stats, he might win but Thanos would probably beat him to a pulp. If IW Thor stats, maybe. Honestly, Stormbreaker hinders him more than it helps. Cap's fighting style is all about quick, precise jabs and strikes, something which Stormbreaker, with its pretty huge size, prevents.

Kirkseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually wanna say Cap, but I'd need to see the movie a second time to be sure.

KoLKent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap - According to the Russos he was kicking Thanos' ass for 30 seconds once he picked up the hammer.

Oraculi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Oraculi

Endgame Cap hit Thanos multiple times with the hammer, Endgame Thor landed 0 hits with Stormbreaker

I'd say Cap got this considering how successful he was in tagging Thanos, Thanos lasts 20-30 seconds against Cap before dying from a Stormbreaker 1/2 shot.

DanielDaRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap - According to the Russos he was kicking Thanos' ass for 30 seconds once he picked up the hammer.

No italics this time?

MrTrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos was getting his head tagged by Cap and Stormbreaker can cut his head off, if you replace Mjolnir with Stormbreaker in the same scene Thanos would have died, so the answer is obvious.

Usha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Stormbreaker would be harder for him to use wouldn't it? Also slower so Thanos could project those Stormbreaker throws.

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve.

@jashro44 said:

I still back Thanos if he has his armor.

Did he actually tank stormbreaker? Because given Cap shattered his helmet with like one good hit to the face (with Mjlonir/Shield) I really doubt it's going to matter even a little.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How the hell did Tony miss from that range...

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos 9-10/10. Mjolnir is a better weapon to land hits with, it is pretty quick, can be spun and is sufficiently small. Stormbreaker is a huge weapon, easier to block and harder to wield.

WhyZoSerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stormbreaker could kill Thanos but its way harder to land one than it is with Mjolnir. Thanos showed in the movie his great reactions, so still 9/10 Thanos.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jashro44  Online

@buildhare: He did deflect it with his arm at one point. I'll see if I can find the gif when I get home.

Avatar image for darthvaderrocks
darthvaderrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: I think Thanos moves his head but it's hard to see because of the laser.

OT: The only reason why Cap even landed hits on Thanos is because for some reason Thanos jumped at Cap when they charged at each other which gave Cap the early advantage. Seeing as the fact Thanos actively dodges or punches Stormbreaker out of Thor's hands, Thanos is not getting tagged by it as he's not gonna be stupid. There's really no way Thanos loses this fight as he has his sword and can physically remove Stormbreaker from Cap's hands.

This would be a good match with the Hulk as Hulk doesn't dodge stuff.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jashro44  Online

@jashro44 said:

@buildhare: He did deflect it with his arm at one point. I'll see if I can find the gif when I get home.

No Caption Provided

DanielDaRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: I think Thanos moves his head but it's hard to see because of the laser.

OT: The only reason why Cap even landed hits on Thanos is because for some reason Thanos jumped at Cap when they charged at each other which gave Cap the early advantage. Seeing as the fact Thanos actively dodges or punches Stormbreaker out of Thor's hands, Thanos is not getting tagged by it as he's not gonna be stupid. There's really no way Thanos loses this fight as he has his sword and can physically remove Stormbreaker from Cap's hands.

This would be a good match with the Hulk as Hulk doesn't dodge stuff.

Cap was the one who jumped at him actually.

No Caption Provided

darthvaderrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danieldaripper: I stand corrected. I thought Thanos jumped first then Cap quickly followed with a jump of his own.

But I do still believe something like that isn't happening again, especially since Thanos knows not to charge like that with Stormbreaker in his hands.

DanielDaRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DanielDaRipper

@danieldaripper: I stand corrected. I thought Thanos jumped first then Cap quickly followed with a jump of his own.

But I do still believe something like that isn't happening again, especially since Thanos knows not to charge like that with Stormbreaker in his hands.

Why wouldn't he? The Thanos that Cap fought was from 2014 and had not faced Thor yet so he doesn't know that Stormbreaker is capable of killing him.

darthvaderrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danieldaripper: Huh? 2014 Thanos saw his death at the hands of Thor and company. 2014 Thanos faced Thor with Stormbreaker and consistently dodged, blocked, or caught Stormbreaker.

DanielDaRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danieldaripper: Huh? 2014 Thanos saw his death at the hands of Thor and company. 2014 Thanos faced Thor with Stormbreaker and consistently dodged, blocked, or caught Stormbreaker.

I forgot about that but nonetheless that didn't stop him from engaging Thor despite having this weapon that can kill him so why wouldn't he engage Cap similarly? Yes he was able to outfight Thor with Stormbreaker but Cap is a lot more skilled than Thor as seen when Cap was kicking Thanos' ass with the inferior Mjolnir when Thor couldn't even do so with a superior weapon.

darthvaderrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danieldaripper: You're not reading what I'm saying. Thanos is not gonna charge at Cap the way he did against him in Endgame since he now has Stormbreaker instead of a hammer.

Thanos resorted to dodging, catching, blocking and even punching Stormbreaker. He tries his best not to get hit by it and he succeeded every time.

Cap's skill doesn't even really matter considering Thanos is faster, stronger and has a sword.

DanielDaRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DanielDaRipper

@darthvaderrocks:

You're not reading what I'm saying. Thanos is not gonna charge at Cap the way he did against him in Endgame since he now has Stormbreaker instead of a hammer.

Yeah now I get what you're saying.

Thanos resorted to dodging, catching, blocking and even punching Stormbreaker. He tries his best not to get hit by it and he succeeded every time.

He succeeded against Thor yes but as I said Cap is a lot more skilled so it is very possible that Thanos will have a harder time accomplishing what he was doing against Thor and that he could be fatally tagged.

Cap's skill doesn't even really matter considering Thanos is faster, stronger and has a sword.

I get stronger and the sword is pretty good but faster? He didn't really exhibit any speed feat I don't see Cap with Thor's physicals replicating, yes he did block/parry attacks from the trinity but that was due to a combination of his speed and skill and doesn't necessarily mean he's faster than all of them fighting in unison.

darthvaderrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danieldaripper: Cap's skill doesn't matter because Thanos still beat him.

But they were fighting in unison and Thanos reacted to everything they did and tagged all of them. Cap isn't replicating something like this at all

No Caption Provided

DanielDaRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthvaderrocks:

Cap's skill doesn't matter because Thanos still beat him.

Thanos beat Cap when he had Mjolnir. This time he has Stormbreaker which is superior to Mjolnir and is capable of oneshotting Thanos with a well placed strike. We've already see strike Thanos repeatedly in the head once he can do it again but this time it's gonna be much more fatal for Thanos.

But they were fighting in unison and Thanos reacted to everything they did and tagged all of them. Cap isn't replicating something like this at all

At that point Steve did not have the powers of Thor to compliment his superior skill, once he did he was outhitting Thanos alone.

jimmyvailer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL this is spite without Russo Force. Thanos one-shots easily.

No Caption Provided

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danieldaripper: Except Stormbreaker does not have the enchantment that gives he who is worthy to wield it the power of Thor, so Cap would not get an amp like he did with Mjolnir.

Just nitpiking here.

Avatar image for finalkingthanos
FinalKingThanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By FinalKingThanos

Thanos 10/10

I find it funny no one mentions Cap also done better when he was worthy because Thanos literally wouldn’t have a clue Cap who he was casually swatting away all of a sudden had the power of Thor and the skill of Cap.

Fresh both ready to engage Thanos beats him every time except a lucky neck swing, he can’t be beaten 1v1 by brute force.

Plus Thanos knows to watch out for Stormbreaker, Mjolnir didn’t matter to him.

Cap can’t fight one handed with Stormbreaker to the same degree you can with Mjolnir.

EasternGlider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos embarrasses Cap a second time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cfefdb3f097d
deactivated-5cfefdb3f097d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don’t see him faring any better than Thor with Stormbreaker. If he does, not to the extent of him even having the possibility of winning.

He probably dies.

keedounan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap would still lose.

darthvaderrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danieldaripper: Like I said Cap's skill does not matter. I mean if we're being honest you are actually hurting Cap by replacing Mjolnir with Stormbreaker. Cap can't just effortlessly strike with it the way he could with Mjolnir due to how big and lengthy Stormbreaker is. When he swatted his shield with Mjolnir that would take a longer time to do it with Stormbreaker.

Yet Thanos was still tagging him repeatedly. And that gif was focusing on speed not skill.

darthvaderrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers