Tayssti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Tayssti
No Caption Provided

• Same location, knowledge, and morals as their fight in EG.
  • Thanos does not have his double sided sword or armor.
  • Cap is worthy wielding Mjolnir and the shield.
  • Same location and conditions as their fight in EG.
  • Win by KO or Death

Not sure if this has been done. Can Cap pull off the win against an unarmed and armor-less Thanos?

Bonus Round: Same conditions as above but Cap gets the help of IW Thor and IM.

AsianAntics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say Cap.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b
deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap should win. Avengers were jobbing during this fight

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still side with thanos. I don't think thanos weapon was anything to special. The issue for cap seemed to thanos overwhelming physical power.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap should win. Avengers were jobbing during this fight

How? Thanos is established through beating them. He's suppose to be stronger than them.

Namebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos still stomps.

keedounan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos probably still wins. Even without armor, he could take Thor's lightning in IW without any visible damage.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8 socajunkie  Moderator

@jashro44: His weapon wasn’t special? It was destroying Cap’s shield though.

Mad_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos stomps..

Too much durable, stronger..

Even can kill Cap with his punches..

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a
deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap. Thanos' sword played a huge role in cutting through Cap's shield, without it I don't seem him getting past it.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danieldaripper: @socajunkie: I think that was just how strong thanos was. Regardless even without the weapon thanos is so much stronger. He can grab the shield and rip it from caps hands.

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos takes this

IAmInEvitable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By IAmInEvitable

Steve gets a bit more offense off but Thanos eventually knocks him out. Probably right after snatching his shield.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Thanos' definitely strength had some what of role when destroying the shield but it seems mostly due in part to the sword and where he struck on the shield.

No Caption Provided

He struck within the edges of the shield rather than directly at it.

Yes Thanos is most definitely stronger but this isn't the first time Steve's skilled have been tested against a physicall superior opponent. He did really well against Ultron who too was stronger than Steve, Ultron also has Thanos' body type as well so reach and size isn't gonna be a problem for Steve either. Granted he merely held him off but that was because he lacked damage output to keep him down unlike in this battle where he has access to Mjolnir and it's powerful abilities.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danieldaripper:

Thanos' definitely strength had some what of role when destroying the shield but it seems mostly due in part to the sword and where he struck on the shield.

He struck within the edges of the shield rather than directly at it.

Thanos pretty much smashed the same spot repeatedly and this is what the shield looked like:

No Caption Provided

If it was just due to the sharpness of the blade than he would have cleaved the shield and half and black panther would have been cut in two as well.

Yes Thanos is most definitely stronger but this isn't the first time Steve's skilled have been tested against a physicall superior opponent. He did really well against Ultron who too was stronger than Steve, Ultron also has Thanos' body type as well so reach and size isn't gonna be a problem for Steve either. Granted he merely held him off but that was because he lacked damage output to keep him down unlike in this battle where he has access to Mjolnir and it's powerful abilities.

You can't compare Ultron and Thanos. Thanos is a much better fighter than Ultron. He was deflecting attacks from Thor, iron man, and Cap at the same time. Cap isn't going to be untouched against thanos. And Thanos has arguably the strongest will in marvel. That was kind of the whole point of infinity war. Thanos was also beaten up by lots of people, including taking hits from people stronger than himself and was never knocked out in End Game. So its not like Thanos can't take a beating.

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: ok we've discussed this before, the sword is obviously special based on feats.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

Thanos pretty much smashed the same spot repeatedly and this is what the shield looked like:

No Caption Provided

If it was just due to the sharpness of the blade than he would have cleaved the shield and half and black panther would have been cut in two as well.

But I didn't say it was just due to the sharpness. I attributed the feat to Thanos' strength and sword but mostly the sword.

You can't compare Ultron and Thanos. Thanos is a much better fighter than Ultron. He was deflecting attacks from Thor, iron man, and Cap at the same time. Cap isn't going to be untouched against thanos. And Thanos has arguably the strongest will in marvel. That was kind of the whole point of infinity war. Thanos was also beaten up by lots of people, including taking hits from people stronger than himself and was never knocked out in End Game. So its not like Thanos can't take a beating.

I feel like the skill gap is closed off by the versatility gap. Thanos for the most part just had the basic brick power set while Ultron has the same but with flight, repulsors blasts, TK (could've been magnetism powers not sure), etc. Cap's will is far superior to that Thanos', him challenging Thanos to a straight up proves this. It's going to take a long time but with Mjolnir and Cap's superior skill I can see Cap putting him down, all he has to do is strike at his vital points and dodge Thanos' hits which is we've already seen him do.

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Steve would put up a much better fight but eventually Thanos would win regardless.

Bonus Round, Thanos gets destroyed.

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Thanos wins "all the same", he's already shrugged off lightning from Mjolnir and even Stormbreaker in IW. And he clearly showed he could take a few hits from Mjolnir. Cap on the other hand can't take hits from Thanos, Thanos can one-two shot him if serious, like he did when Cap was grounded.

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos would get instakilled by IW Thor in the bonus. Cap might win this.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danieldaripper:

But I didn't say it was just due to the sharpness. I attributed the feat to Thanos' strength and sword but mostly the sword.

Than I am a bit confused. How could it be due to "mostly the sword" if it wasn't due to the sharpness of the blade?

I feel like the skill gap is closed off by the versatility gap. Thanos for the most part just had the basic brick power set while Ultron has the same but with flight, repulsors blasts, TK (could've been magnetism powers not sure), etc.

I don't think we can really say it just evens out. As I said we saw Thanos countering attacks from hulk, thor and iron man at the same time. Iron man has all the same versatility ultron has (minus the TK but that was used once in the fight IIRC and nothing game changing) but he didn't touch thanos.

Cap's will is far superior to that Thanos', him challenging Thanos to a straight up proves this. It's going to take a long time but with Mjolnir and Cap's superior skill I can see Cap putting him down, all he has to do is strike at his vital points and dodge Thanos' hits which is we've already seen him do.

Cap would probably be one of the people who would be in the debate for strongest will in the MCU (the others being Tony and Peter). But my main point was Thanos not only has a stat advantage but he has the will and pain tolerance to take a beating. Lets keep in mind Thanos is so resilient he can handle the power of the infinity stones, which were messing up hulk even before hulk completed the snap. And Banner said the hulk would be especially resistant to the gems due to most of the radiation being gamma energy. Even after Thanos performed the snap he was badly damaged but his arm was still functional. Hulk was messed up so badly his arm was in a cast at the end of End Game. Thanos only got that messed up after using the stones again to destroy the stones.

So Thanos is actually so much more durable than hulk and Thor's tier that he can withstand an attack that messed up hulk despite hulk being supposedly resistant to the said attack....I don't see Cap avoiding thanos long enough before thanos gets his hands on him. I honestly think after End Game Thanos is in a totally different tier of strength and durability compared to hulk and Thor. Thanos also has his armor here which probably helps a lot, whereas in infinity war he did not (and it probably wouldn't have helped him if he did have it).

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap only did so well because he had the element of surprise.

As soon as that was gone and Thanos got pissed off, he was stomped pretty hard.

The hammer doesn't give Thor level physicals. It's just a really useful weapon.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Still Thanos but it will be a longer fight

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Once Thanos grabs him, he's done. Captain has no way to put Thanos down.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

Than I am a bit confused. How could it be due to "mostly the sword" if it wasn't due to the sharpness of the blade?

Now I'm confused. Basically my original stance was that I don't see Thanos destroying Cap's shield without his sword. If it was just raw strength then I don't see any reason for the Russo's to give Thanos a sword that he has never had before.

I don't think we can really say it just evens out. As I said we saw Thanos countering attacks from hulk, thor and iron man at the same time. Iron man has all the same versatility ultron has (minus the TK but that was used once in the fight IIRC and nothing game changing) but he didn't touch thanos.

I guess.

Cap would probably be one of the people who would be in the debate for strongest will in the MCU (the others being Tony and Peter). But my main point was Thanos not only has a stat advantage but he has the will and pain tolerance to take a beating. Lets keep in mind Thanos is so resilient he can handle the power of the infinity stones, which were messing up hulk even before hulk completed the snap. And Banner said the hulk would be especially resistant to the gems due to most of the radiation being gamma energy. Even after Thanos performed the snap he was badly damaged but his arm was still functional. Hulk was messed up so badly his arm was in a cast at the end of End Game. Thanos only got that messed up after using the stones again to destroy the stones.

So Thanos is actually so much more durable than hulk and Thor's tier that he can withstand an attack that messed up hulk despite hulk being supposedly resistant to the said attack....I don't see Cap avoiding thanos long enough before thanos gets his hands on him. I honestly think after End Game Thanos is in a totally different tier of strength and durability compared to hulk and Thor. Thanos also has his armor here which probably helps a lot, whereas in infinity war he did not (and it probably wouldn't have helped him if he did have it).

Good points. Now I think Thanos might win actually.

miekskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danieldaripper: if he didn't have the sword he would have ripped the shield off of him and punched him to a pulp