MCU: Captain America vs Daredevil (Physicals Equalized)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Captain America

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Daredevil

No Caption Provided

Rules:

• Random encounter
  • No prior knowledge
  • In character
  • Standard equipment
  • Winner is by death, KO or incapacitation
  • Marvel Cinematic Universe versions
  • All physical stats are equal

Daredevil Blue, Captain America Red (Deal with it)

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By nerdchore

Daredevil

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Cap

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're pretty close skill wise but the shield is definitely a better weapon than the batons, Cap wins.

sromero78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve.

Thesenate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pure h2h I'd give it to DD. Shield vs batons is going to Cap

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil is more skilled but Cap likely wins due to shield. It also matters if physicals are equalized to Matt's level or to Cap's. Cap doesn't know how to fight while at normal stats, but Matt would just have an easier time if he had Cap's stats

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Slightly leaning towards DD here. The shield isn't really going to help him here without a strength advantage. No way Matt is getting hit with it. Matt also had more skill feats than Cap.

For stats I'm assuming Daredevil's are raised and Cap's are lowered.

ThanosPimphand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DD

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

could go either way with Matt's superior h2h skills and Cap's shield.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slightly leaning towards DD here. The shield isn't really going to help him here without a strength advantage. No way Matt is getting hit with it. Matt also had more skill feats than Cap.

For stats I'm assuming Daredevil's are raised and Cap's are lowered.

The shield still prevents DD from hurting Cap. If Cap doesn't throw it, Matt isn't getting it off of his arm.

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

50/50. I'll explain later.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rogueshadow  Moderator

They're pretty close skill wise but the shield is definitely a better weapon than the batons, Cap wins.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8
deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt wins.

CramAndman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CramAndman

@lubub55: @buildhare: @highaccuser: @thesenate: @Pokeysteve: @superhero24: @jayc1324: @dstreet45: @allstarsuperman:

I think everyone's overlooking Matt's Radar Sense. If you equalize Stats, Matt will still have a significant sensory advantage over Steve that should allow him to quite easily dodge anything Cap throws at him as it does normal people in his weight class. IMO, Daredevil is also more technically skilled, which will translate to another advantage. Also, bear in mind, Bucky was able to disarm Cap in WS of his Shield, without a Radar sense. With it, Daredevil would be even more capable of disarming him, especially with his season 2 billyclub/rope.

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say DD is as skilled, if not more so in hand to hand as cap. At the very least they are comparable. Throw in matts super senses and he'd probably just about have an edge with stats equalized.

I think if they met under these conditions, it would really come down to who gets serious first. Would cap go all out from the start? I think Matts best chance would be to surprise cap with his stats, and disarm him quickly to end it.

If matt makes one mistake however, cap would probably capitalize on it. A longer fight would suit cap

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cramandman: I was basically going to include most of that in my explanation especially as to why he could get around Cap's shield advantage.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#22  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Cap usually fights people stronger than him. His showings against the likes of Ultron, Spider-Man, and Iron Man are testaments to his skills, not just his strength. Here, he's fighting somebody of "equal" stats and superior martial arts skills, but less experience - especially against superhumans, which Cap regularly fights. Steve can absolutely win this.

CramAndman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a220d15cc740
deactivated-5a220d15cc740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could go either way but I think majority goes to Matt.

CramAndman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

Cap usually fights people stronger than him. His showings against the likes of Ultron, Spider-Man, and Iron Man are testaments to his skills, not just his strength. Here, he's fighting somebody of "equal" stats and superior martial arts skills, but less experience - especially against superhumans, which Cap regularly fights. Steve can absolutely win this.

Based on your own analysis, I'm not sure why you think Steve will win this. The most skilled fighter Cap's defeated is Bucky, who is close in skill and stats and as a result it was a close fight each time. If their Stats are equal and Matt is the superior martial artist and he also has the added advantage of his radar sense, in a fight, DD should win. DD's inexperience in dealing with superhumans is irrelevant in this match-up because their Stats are equalized so he's not fighting a superhuman, just someone in his own weight class. As long as DD can dodge his Shield throw or disarm him as the WS did, he should win this the majority of the time.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@cramandman:

I'm not overlooking his radar sense and it's more so that they haven't established it's usefulness like the comics or the novie. It is why I don't think Matt is getting hit with the shield.

@jayc1324:

The shield also has Cap fighting offensively with one arm.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lubub55 said:

No Caption Provided

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cramandman:

That is actually a good catch. I'll have to give it to Matt then.

CramAndman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going with cap. Even if DD was as strong as cap, he wouldn't be able to handles ultron, ultron bots and the chitauri the way cap did.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

Based on your own analysis, I'm not sure why you think Steve will win this. The most skilled fighter Cap's defeated is Bucky, who is close in skill and stats and as a result it was a close fight each time. If their Stats are equal and Matt is the superior martial artist and he also has the added advantage of his radar sense, in a fight, DD should win. DD's inexperience in dealing with superhumans is irrelevant in this match-up because their Stats are equalized so he's not fighting a superhuman, just someone in his own weight class. As long as DD can dodge his Shield throw or disarm him as the WS did, he should win this the majority of the time.

It is worth noting that the Bucky usually has the advantage of using guns and knives, and always has a strength advantage with his metal arm. Cap is basically always disadvantaged when fighting Bucky yet still always survives. I don't find Cap fighting Iron Man or Ultron as impressive because they lack skill, but his showings against Bucky are actually pretty awesome.

Matt is still more skilled though.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lubub55: Stats equalized to Matt's or Steve's level?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8
deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: The only reason Cap was able to hang with those guys, was due to physicals. If he were a skilled ordinary human being, he'd get oneshoted.

CramAndman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:
@cramandman said:
@jedixman said:

It is worth noting that the Bucky usually has the advantage of using guns and knives, and always has a strength advantage with his metal arm. Cap is basically always disadvantaged when fighting Bucky yet still always survives. I don't find Cap fighting Iron Man or Ultron as impressive because they lack skill, but his showings against Bucky are actually pretty awesome.

Matt is still more skilled though.

I mostly agree. However, Cap's Shield is an equalizer against guns and knives. Bucky's left arm is definitely stronger but I also think Cap is more skilled than Bucky H2H, evidenced by their final fight in WS, but it's close.

Again, for me, the fact that Matt is more skilled and has his radar sense to further boost his equalized Stats in this fight puts him over the top. It would be the first time Cap is fighting someone more skilled, equal physicals and with extra-sensory powers that make him even faster, more sure-footed and more accurate with his stick throws/punches/and kicks. DD's evasiveness is already superhuman thanks to his senses if you boost his physicals on top if that, Cap will have an incredibly difficult time landing his shots.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JediXMan  Moderator
@jedixman said:

Based on your own analysis, I'm not sure why you think Steve will win this. The most skilled fighter Cap's defeated is Bucky, who is close in skill and stats and as a result it was a close fight each time.

Cap didn't have his shield for the vast majority of their first fight (while Bucky had his knife), and when he did, he gained the advantage. This is after he was ambushed on the highway and sent flying several hundred feet and surviving a bus crash, mind you. In their second fight, Cap did better despite the emotional turmoil. He was later shot in the back by Bucky after he beat him.

Mentality, gear, and setting have a lot to do with a fight. It's not as cut-and-dry as you make it out to be. Cap is Bucky's definitive superior, especially in terms of skill. Bucky's ferocity, weaponry, and planning (since he essentially had prep in every one of their encounters) are why it appeared that they were equal.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By RisingBean

Even with physicals the same, Steve has shown to be a better technique fighter in my opinion and he comes off as more adaptable as well. Standard equipment should leave the majority squarely with Steve.

Matt will give him hell, though.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 JediXMan  Moderator

Absolutely. It's not a stomp by any means (unless Cap had his stats advantage, in which case...).

Tayssti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even with physicals the same, Steve has shown to be a better technique fighter in my opinion and he comes off as more adaptable as well. Standard equipment should leave the majority squarely with Steve.

CramAndman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By CramAndman

@jedixman said:
@cramandman said:
@jedixman said:

Based on your own analysis, I'm not sure why you think Steve will win this. The most skilled fighter Cap's defeated is Bucky, who is close in skill and stats and as a result it was a close fight each time.

Cap didn't have his shield for the vast majority of their first fight (while Bucky had his knife), and when he did, he gained the advantage. This is after he was ambushed on the highway and sent flying several hundred feet and surviving a bus crash, mind you. In their second fight, Cap did better despite the emotional turmoil. He was later shot in the back by Bucky after he beat him.

Mentality, gear, and setting have a lot to do with a fight. It's not as cut-and-dry as you make it out to be. Cap is Bucky's definitive superior, especially in terms of skill. Bucky's ferocity, weaponry, and planning (since he essentially had prep in every one of their encounters) are why it appeared that they were equal.

I mostly agree with your analysis of Cap vs Bucky, I just don't see how any of it impacts this fight between Cap and DD. Cap is better with his Shield and is more skilled than WS, however, WS was able to disarm Cap of his Shield in both fights, in the first fight he did it without any planning, the second is arguable. IMO, DD is more skilled than Bucky and Cap H2H and shouldn't have a problem disarming Cap of his Shield if he has equal Stats, like Bucky did. Furthermore, DD's evasiveness is already superhuman thanks to his super-senses, so if you boost his physicals on top of that, Cap will have an incredibly difficult time landing his shots. Cap will have a double-disadvantage, he'll be less skilled and outmaneuvered by DD's senses. We know he can be disarmed of his Shield. DD should win the majority of the time.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: The only reason Cap was able to hang with those guys, was due to physicals. If he were a skilled ordinary human being, he'd get oneshoted.

has nothing to do with what I wrote.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d29c479f1ca
deactivated-59d29c479f1ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By RBT

Matt. He is more skilled in h2h. Assuming his reflexes doesn't get nerfed, he can react to shield toss.

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Cap but in a very good fight. Matt might be more skilled but not by overwhelming margin, and Cap's shield is still better than Matt's batons.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Pure h2h Daredevil wins but I think Cap's shield slightly edges it for the win in this scenario

Avatar image for celestialknight
CelestialKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By CelestialKnight

Matt.

Slater8486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Slater8486

@lubub55: @buildhare: @highaccuser: @thesenate: @Pokeysteve: @superhero24: @jayc1324: @dstreet45: @allstarsuperman:

I think everyone's overlooking Matt's Radar Sense. If you equalize Stats, Matt will still have a significant sensory advantage over Steve that should allow him to quite easily dodge anything Cap throws at him as it does normal people in his weight class. IMO, Daredevil is also more technically skilled, which will translate to another advantage. Also, bear in mind, Bucky was able to disarm Cap in WS of his Shield, without a Radar sense. With it, Daredevil would be even more capable of disarming him, especially with his season 2 billyclub/rope.

This sums this fight up perfect. DD for the win!

Thesenate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cramandman: yea thinking about it now, Cap kind of gets carried by stats a good amount of time in my opinion. I'd give it to Matt with gear. Shield tosses would be incredibly easy to avoid.

Zinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DD.