MCU Captain America vs. CW Arrow

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@mrnoital said:

@shawnbaby: its not cheap, and it is very time consuming, tv shows have a much shorter time limit, i actually work in vfx and i know the time given to work on any scene in a tv show is much shorter than the time to work on any movie shot, there is no way they could've had slades army jumping around like the chitauri, you cannot tell me you know more about vfx unless you have worked in the industry longer than i have, its not so simple, and nolan really thought he was being impressive, even if he didnt think through the fact that the worlds greatest martial artist never uses more than one style

You are right... they probably wouldn't have wasted a a lot of wire work on Slade's Army...but they could have easily used it for Slade himself had they wanted to. As I have said, The show has used Wire work before so they were equipped with the required gear and personnel to do so. Yes, it takes longer to shoot...but they've subjected themselves to that before.There's no reason to think Slade's lack of jumping was because of lack of funds and every reason to think that it was never their intention to have Slade jump around. Seems to me you're just projecting what you wanted Slade to be instead of accepting the Slade that was shown.

As regards Nolan, His Batman was never meant to be the World's Greatest Martial Artist. He also wasn't the world's greatest detective, or a brilliant scientist. None of these things fit with the vision Christopher Nolan had in mind when he made his trilogy. Again, it seems you're projecting what you think Batman should have been like instead of accepting what is there.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@shawnbaby: what are you talking about? i never said nolans batman was any of those things, i am more than aware of what nolans batman did/nothing impressive, its just stupid to think it impossible for someone who can kick people 10 feet into a wall, or punch through someones chest couldn't do that, it seems like you have no idea what is possible for a tv show to be able to pull off in limited time at the end of a season(in case you didnt notice a lot of the effacts were lacking near the end, as they were running out of time and money)

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Shawnbaby

@mrnoital said:

@shawnbaby: what are you talking about? i never said nolans batman was any of those things, i am more than aware of what nolans batman did/nothing impressive, its just stupid to think it impossible for someone who can kick people 10 feet into a wall, or punch through someones chest couldn't do that, it seems like you have no idea what is possible for a tv show to be able to pull off in limited time at the end of a season(in case you didnt notice a lot of the effacts were lacking near the end, as they were running out of time and money)

I'm not saying for sure that he couldn't do it...I'm just saying that the reason he did not is not necessarily due to budget constraints.

And you actually did say that Batman is the world's greatest Martial artist.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby:

Steve showed as much or more skill in Winter Soldier than Slade...and his striking power is greater. Steve punches through Submarine Glass.

Not really. Slade is pretty much Arrow's level in terms of skill without mirakuru, while Cap's skill feats are tampered by physicals. Even before the Mirakuru he was blitzing squads of armed mercenaries with only a sword. He fought present Ollie while depowered with both of them barely standing and a trick arrow ended the fight.

Roy(who had the same enhancements as slade at the time) one-puched military grade bomb proof doors, which is>>>than Steves submarine busting feat. Hell he casually breaks concrete in fits of rage while Cap has only ever dented it.

When has Slade ever had to compensate for being outmatched?

He hasn't, so it's nice he isn't. The only area Cap is better is in speed, but not by a large margin. Roy doesn't have Slades training and still caught an arrow, while in a state of animal rage no less. Cap was also tagged by Batroc many times.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby:

Steve showed as much or more skill in Winter Soldier than Slade...and his striking power is greater. Steve punches through Submarine Glass.

Not really. Slade is pretty much Arrow's level in terms of skill without mirakuru, while Cap's skill feats are tampered by physicals. Even before the Mirakuru he was blitzing squads of armed mercenaries with only a sword. He fought present Ollie while depowered with both of them barely standing and a trick arrow ended the fight.

Roy(who had the same enhancements as slade at the time) one-puched military grade bomb proof doors, which is>>>than Steves submarine busting feat. Hell he casually breaks concrete in fits of rage while Cap has only ever dented it.

When has Slade ever had to compensate for being outmatched?

He hasn't, so it's nice he isn't. The only area Cap is better is in speed, but not by a large margin. Roy doesn't have Slades training and still caught an arrow, while in a state of animal rage no less. Cap was also tagged by Batroc many times.

And before Steve received any training at all he was blitzing squads of Hydra soldiers. Then, in Winter Soldier...we see that his fighting skill has drastically been improved.

Also I've got a secret for you:

Roy is not Slade. You can't apply Roy's feats to Slade.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: true enough, but either he's definitely supposed to be one of the top/very very good, but in the nolan films they never made any reference to any sort of ranking, and it seemed like he couldnt even beat ras by the end, and even though he's supposed to know multiple very dangerous styles, he never used more than nolans favorite style, thats the reason I never found him impressive,

plus its really hard to do real wire work that looks realistic at all, thats why in most movies these days, real athletic people are made in cg, and their cg double does the big stunts, all the wirework i've seen in arrow, was when they go flying after getting hit by superstrength

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby:

And before Steve received any training at all he was blitzing squads of Hydra soldiers. Then, in Winter Soldier...we see that his fighting skill has drastically been improved.

Again, most, if not all of this was due to physicals rather than skill.

They took the same serum and they have the same stats. I don't see why I can't. Slade should actually be BETTER than Roy due to skill and more experience with the Mirakuru. Slade feats can't be used for Roy, but the reverse is not true.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby:

Again, most, if not all of this was due to physicals rather than skill.

They took the same serum and they have the same stats. I don't see why I can't. Slade should actually be BETTER than Roy due to skill and more experience with the Mirakuru. Slade feats can't be used for Roy, but the reverse is not true.

Not so. The serum could be metabolized differently in each individual.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: That wasn't stated implied, shown, or even likely. Come back with evidence.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Shawnbaby

@shawnbaby: That wasn't stated implied, shown, or even likely. Come back with evidence.

Ok. None of Slade's Army were anywhere near as impressive as he was. Evidence Produced.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Sy8000

@highaccuser said:

Ok. None of Slade's Army were anywhere near as impressive as he was. Evidence Produced.

Actually they were. One of them beat Malcom. They just weren't as skilled which is why his feats ended up being better.

Jokerpoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Captain America easily.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: The army literally had 1 episode to themselves and mostly were destroying the city.But what was shown was them tanking bullets, ragdolling anyone in their way, on pure physicality were giving Merlyn and Oliver great fights and it required a good amount of explosives to take them out like IIRC 3 or 4 grenades at once or Oliver's explosive arrow and his arrow demolished concrete like trash and was comparable to the explosives on the Tumbler

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby said:

@highaccuser said:

Actually they were. One of them beat Malcom. They just weren't as skilled which is why his feats ended up being better.

Loading Video...

Slade sure seems a whole lot tougher than this guy.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: to be fair the only one with the pure serum was slade, everyone else got something derived from his blood,

it seemed like they tried a few different ways until they got it right, thats why so many people died from it, and solomon grundy was the first that kinda worked,

but he was different than slade, he seemed stronger, and ollies arrows could barely make it through his flesh

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser said:

@shawnbaby said:

@highaccuser said:

Loading Video...

It's about skill. These guys didn't have it.

@mrnoital said:

@highaccuser: to be fair the only one with the pure serum was slade, everyone else got something derived from his blood,

it seemed like they tried a few different ways until they got it right, thats why so many people died from it, and solomon grundy was the first that kinda worked,

but he was different than slade, he seemed stronger, and ollies arrows could barely make it through his flesh

I hate that argument. It was never stated that there was any power difference in Roy or the armies samples and there was never shown to be.

Slade wasn't weaker than Grundy. Ollies arrows didn't hurt slade either.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby said:

@highaccuser said:

@shawnbaby said:

@highaccuser said:

Loading Video...

It's about skill. These guys didn't have it.

Besides the lack of skill...this one also didn't have the same durability as Slade or Cyrus.

The very fact that the serum kills some people while enhancing others is all the necessary proof that each person metabolizes Mirakuru differently.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: What do you mean he was less durable? Arrows pierced Grundy's skin. Slade nearly died from an arrow stab to the eye. He stabbed him in a vital area. There's also natural pain resistance.

No it isn't, at least it doesn't show they have a physical gap. Plus Slade shrugged off a punch from Roy, so if anything he's superior.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: but slade was never shown to be that strong either, and it's not that the arrows didnt hurt grundy, its that they couldn't penetrate his skin at first, they said it was as hard as concrete, there wasnt the same description for anyone else, and grundy lifted and carried a giant machine, i dont remember anything slade did that puts him at the same strength, maybe if he tossed a car aside, but i dont remember that or really anything the same as grundy, but please feel free to prove me wrong

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital said:

@highaccuser: but slade was never shown to be that strong either, and it's not that the arrows didnt hurt grundy, its that they couldn't penetrate his skin at first, they said it was as hard as concrete, there wasnt the same description for anyone else, and grundy lifted and carried a giant machine, i dont remember anything slade did that puts him at the same strength, maybe if he tossed a car aside, but i dont remember that or really anything the same as grundy, but please feel free to prove me wrong

They DID penetrate his skin EVERY TIME. He doesn't have Grundy's lifting feats, but they're physically equal so by all means he should. Until there's actual evidence Slade=/=Mirakuru soldiers at least.

Also, Grundy also had a sample from Slades blood so by your own logic Slade>Grundy.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: yeah, actually they didnt, he had to change the composition of his arrows

go to 1:05 and he explains what the arrows are made of, and how he could make better penetrating arrows

Loading Video...

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By RBT

Not again!

Lol at people saying that Cap has better stats and skills than Slade.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital: Good catch, but those arrows did work eventually, and I imagine he used them against other Mirakuru soldiers.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@rbt said:

Not again!

Is that an lol towards @shawnbaby? :D

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: maybe, but most of them he was using the cure and hit them with needle tips, could be the same composition, no way of knowing

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital said:

@highaccuser: maybe, but most of them he was using the cure and hit them with needle tips, could be the same composition, no way of knowing

True, but reason to suspect.

Come to think of it, I do remember the arrows penetrating his skin. They knew he had concrete density because of the bends it got when he pulled it out.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: yeah, it wouldn't make the most sense for him to just switch back to his old arrows, but we dont know what kind merlyn uses, but it wouldnt surprise me if he used something similar, either way, i dont think ollie is beating cap, despite cap having trouble with skilled/enhanced individuals

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital said:

@highaccuser: yeah, it wouldn't make the most sense for him to just switch back to his old arrows, but we dont know what kind merlyn uses, but it wouldnt surprise me if he used something similar, either way, i dont think ollie is beating cap, despite cap having trouble with skilled/enhanced individuals

Ollie isn't beat Cap. Steve should win handily, but it's not a stomp IMO, considering Batroc gave Cap problems with pure skill and Ollie did the same to Mirakuru soldiers.

VenomousTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By VenomousTaco

Cap'n 'Murica.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: my thoughts exactly, he can give him trouble like batroc, but cant win

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital said:

@highaccuser: my thoughts exactly, he can give him trouble like batroc, but cant win

Batroc gave him trouble for all of what was it...40 seconds.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

Not again!

Lol at people that say Slade has better stats and skills than Cap when Cap has better feats.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

Not again!

Lol at people that say Slade has better stats and skills than Cap when Cap has better feats.

No Caption Provided

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital said:

Regardless of time, they traded blows rather evenly, or at least closely. Arrow has loads more and better feats than Batroc anyhow.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Wolverine008
RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Shawnbaby: I gotta say, that is most creative and original comeback I've ever seen. Well...not really.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WarBlade539 said:

@mrnoital said:

Regardless of time, they traded blows rather evenly, or at least closely. Arrow has loads more and better feats than Batroc anyhow.

Evenly? Watch the clip again.

Loading Video...

batroc lands a few blows at the beginning of the fight after catching Steve offguard. As soon as Steve gets his footing...Batroc doesn't land a single hit...even after Steve puts the Shield away he's still blocking every single shot.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Wolverine008

@rbt said:

@Shawnbaby: I gotta say, that is most creative and original comeback I've ever seen. Well...not really.

Your original post wasn't very creative frankly. Starting off sentence with "Lol at" is a common habit among people on battle forums whom are little to full of it.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

I gotta say that:

@rbt said:

Not again!

...is hardly worth a creative or original reply.

Huey_Freeman34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with @stormdriven about the gif. With so many different options for memes and GIFS, there's really no need to keep using the same one over and over especially if your intent is comedic.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Wolverine08: Okaaay.

I would quote one of your old posts, but I'm on mobile.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Shawnbaby: Very old trick son. Probably older than you judging by your posts.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@Wolverine08: Okaaay.

I would quote one of your old posts, but I'm on mobile.

I'm heart broken.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@huey_freeman34: LOL. I wish I were on an actual computer instead of my phone.