MCU Captain America Vs. Batman Family Members (Read OP)

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

#1  Edited By shroudofsorrow

There's the idea that Live Action Vs. Comic Book character matchups are always mismatches in the latter's favor, but I'm out to contest that idea. This is a fight that I think should be something other than a stomp for the comic characters. Set-up is this: Marvel Cinematic Universe version of Cap against the New Earth versions of three Batman Family members, with the fight being outside a closed down coal mine.

Captain America is in his TFA costume but has all feats up to present:

No Caption Provided

Versus

Robin III

No Caption Provided

Spoiler

No Caption Provided

and Huntress (Simone Force Off)

No Caption Provided

Three Rounds:

Round 1: Everyone's in-character

Round 2: Bat-Family members are bloodlusted

Round 3: Everyone's in-character but Cap doesn't have his shield

Who wins?

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 juiceboks  Moderator

Team.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU cap loses at 1

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revan2424: @juiceboks: Reasons?

And please not "Huntress beat Lady Shiva", because 1) That never happened, 2) It would have been PIS if it had.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team stomps.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: Based on? I actually want some feats. MCU Cap is pretty physically powerful, so just what physical feats have Tim, Steph, and Helena given us that put them at such a high level?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: Based on? I actually want some feats. MCU Cap is pretty physically powerful, so just what physical feats have Tim, Steph, and Helena given us that put them at such a high level?

You mean strength? They aren't as strong as him. They don't need to be with skill and tech and Stephanie already beat Man-Bat who's ridiculously stronger than him anyway if you think that's the main decider.

Tim has stomped Damian and fought groups of superhumans and that's above Cap.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73
deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tim can solo. Far smarter, more skilled, and faster. I don't know a lot of Stephanie except that she's not as good as Tim (correct me if I'm wrong) and he'd probably beat her.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@highaccuser said:
@shroudofsorrow said:

You mean strength? They aren't as strong as him. They don't need to be with skill and tech and Stephanie already beat Man-Bat who's ridiculously stronger than him anyway if you think that's the main decider.

Tim has stomped Damian and fought groups of superhumans and that's above Cap.

1) I don't think Man-Bat is stronger than MCU Cap. Hasn't he lost to Huntress before too? I'd call losing to Steph and Helena to be proof of physical weakness personally, but I'm willing to change my mind with the right evidence.

2. I thought Damian beat Tim when the latter was still Robin? As I remember it they fought in the Batcave and Damian won. Or is that merely a PIS showing?

3. When has Tim fought groups of superhumans above Cap as Robin? I know he did at least once as Red Robin, but that's the extent of my knowledge there. Also, I'd be leery of accepting anything where he's got the full Teen Titans backing him up.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acrokat: Stephanie as Spoiler is, along with Helena, one of the weakest of the Batman Family. Figured that if MCU Cap had a chance against any of them, it would be those two. Added Tim to give them a fighting chance. Guess I did more than that. *Shrugs*

Avatar image for deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73
deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: Just using Tim is enough really. Steve has a good chance against him it's just that I think Tim would take a majority.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acrokat: Should have just made it a one on one between them then, but I guess it's not too late to do that later.

Would basically be a case of strength and durability vs. speed, agility, and tech. Sounds fun.

Still not convinced Stephanie and Helena can beat Cap though. I could see them running interference for Tim however, which will only hurt Cap's chances of winning.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow:

1) I don't think Man-Bat is stronger than MCU Cap. Hasn't he lost to Huntress before too? I'd call losing to Steph and Helena to be proof of physical weakness personally, but I'm willing to change my mind with the right evidence.

He lifted a radio tower and impaled someone with it. Those losses aren't proof of physical weakness because they didn't overpower him.

2. I thought Damian beat Tim when the latter was still Robin? As I remember it they fought in the Batcave and Damian won. Or is that merely a PIS showing?

They didn't fight. Damian surprised him and knocked him down a pit.

3. When has Tim fought groups of superhumans above Cap as Robin? I know he did at least once as Red Robin, but that's the extent of my knowledge there. Also, I'd be leery of accepting anything where he's got the full Teen Titans backing him up.

I was referring to when he was Red Robin. Feats should still be applicable.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow:

He lifted a radio tower and impaled someone with it. Those losses aren't proof of physical weakness because they didn't overpower him.

They didn't fight. Damian surprised him and knocked him down a pit.

I was referring to when he was Red Robin. Feats should still be applicable.

1) Then how did they beat him?

2) Huh. I seem to remember Damian attacked Tim, but I guess my memory of that is just too fuzzy. Has been years since I read that story though.

3. I question that. Wouldn't Tim have grown in skill as he got older, the same way Dick and Jason grew in skill as they got older? I recognize that the latter might be a bad a comparison given Jason's extra training by the League, but Dick Grayson and Stephanie Brown both got better after getting into post-Robin roles. Also, did Tim's gear change at all when he went from Robin to Red Robin?

And I think @acrokat had it right. Should have just made this a Cap Vs. Tim fight. That at least would have been closer.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow:

Gear and skill. Not overpowering him but the point is Cap can't win simply by being strong.

Although I don't think Huntress actually beat Man-Bat. Don't remember exactly how that fight went down.

2) Huh. I seem to remember Damian attacked Tim, but I guess my memory of that is just too fuzzy. Has been years since I read that story though.

He did, just by surprise.

3. I question that. Wouldn't Tim have grown in skill as he got older, the same way Dick and Jason grew in skill as they got older? I recognize that the latter might be a bad a comparison given Jason's extra training by the League, but Dick Grayson and Stephanie Brown both got better after getting into post-Robin roles. Also, did Tim's gear change at all when he went from Robin to Red Robin?

He didn't get that much older from the end of when he was Robin to any Pre-New 52 stuff and doesn't have distinctly better showings either to my knowledge.

And I think @acrokat had it right. Should have just made this a Cap Vs. Tim fight. That at least would have been closer.

It would've. I still think Cap would lose and is more a match for Damian, though I tend to favor him these days.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow:

Gear and skill. Not overpowering him but the point is Cap can't win simply by being strong.

Although I don't think Huntress actually beat Man-Bat. Don't remember exactly how that fight went down.

1) Strength isn't everything, true. But, Cap is also a skilled fighter, incredibly durable, and has his shield. Also, Cap is smarter than Man-Bat, meaning he won't necessarily fight the way Man-Bat does, in an "all brawn and no brains" type fashion.

He did, just by surprise.

Ah. Sucker-punch type attack. Figures.

It would've. I still think Cap would lose and is more a match for Damian, though I tend to favor him these days.

Cap could maybe at least win a minority. It would be a case of strength and endurance Vs. speed, agility, and tech. So, Tim might win more often than not, but Cap could still conceivably win if he lands a solid hit or two.