Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

CryoLancer47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@shroudofsorrow: Goblin solos and one-shots everyone from both teams.

He has better reaction speed. He's much faster than everyone here. Far stronger. And far, FAR more durable than anyone. I'd be generous to say they'd be able to tickle him.

The fact that he has next to 0 morals makes it worse.

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goblin lets Yelena sit back and watch him pummel the rest of them to death. The only possible issue I could see him encountering is T’Challa, but I think he could KO him or possibly choke him out after enough hits.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cryolancer47: I don't think he'd one-shot Panther with that vibranium costume of his. Not saying GG can't beat him, I just don't think it would be a one-shot.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Black Panther & Black Widow take the win

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: Well, that's one who isn't giving it to the Green Team

Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) The secondary persons on all the teams doesn’t realllly matter. It’s Cap, Black Panther, and Goblin.

2) Am I right in stating Goblin’s two movie credits are from his encounter with Tobey in the first Spider-Man and then in NWH? Am I missing anything?

Assuming that’s ^ right, I guess we then use those feats along with scaling him via the Spider-Men and their other movie feats. I guess that’s why he’s ranked so high. He tanked Tom’s Spider-Man when he was pissed off and then Tom’s feats are pretty impressive. Tobey is the stronger of the 3, and giving him a hard time means he’s up there too.

I say all that to say, while I think he wins this particular battle, I think he’s overrated. We take the Spiders for ALL they’ve done, and then say Goblin must be on the exact level to have caused trouble. I just can’t buy it. For one, tanking Tom’s hits doesn’t make him OP IMO. I don’t recall the Spider-Men having any super powered punches. They lift and pull like titans, but that doesn’t mean they’re elite strikers. John Cena can probably lift a car, but I don’t think he’s hitting harder than a lightweight boxer that can barely lift his own weight potentially. So Pete’s bloodlusted strikes don’t mean much if they’re aren’t any crazy feats to show he’s hitting like a freight train either. And regarding the lightning timing, I get they did it in NWH, and Goblin reacting means he’s up there with them…but…I don’t know. All of the Spiders have been tagged by slower than lightning. ALL of them in ALL of their movies. Hell, didn’t Tobey get hit by slow-ass Sandman? I don’t know. This part just irks my soul, lol. I get Norman is psycho, has amazing tech, high durability, and is definitely strong af. But that scaling bit that (if his name isn’t mentioned) would make him sound like Wonder Woman or Thor), I just think it’s too much. I think he’s just the right combo of twisted and strong that makes him unpredictable and deadly. Not that he’s this lightning timing, baby Thanos that he’s made out to be.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@dre_savage: It is reasonable to assume that lifting and pulling strength translates to striking. People continually try to separate the two, but I've never once bought it. It's the same arms and hands being used. The John Cena example definitely doesn't do anything to convince me otherwise, especially with you saying he can "probably" do so, indicating its not even clear. That, and countless people on the Vine treat things like arrow dodging or bullet deflecting as indicative of combat speed, even though such agility feats never do actually seem to make the characters faster than their opponent. Yet there's still supposedly a difference between lifting and striking. There isn't. When Superman lifts up a train, I don't need him to punch anything to confirm that he's stronger than someone who's best feat is driving their hand through a wall.

And actually, the Spiders do have good striking feats. Tobey Spider-Man early in his career could already drive his fist through a car roof. Garfield Spider-Man launched Electro through a building.

Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dre_Savage

@shroudofsorrow:

Fair and respectful rebuttal.

1) I figured they had some feats, just couldn’t remember them. But even with that, that’s Andrew and Tobey. Does Tom have any good striking feats? We go, “Goblin took being wailed on by Tom, he’s hella OP!” but… what has Tom done with striking that makes his hits like Mjolnir hits? (I exaggerate, but still).

2) The Cena bit may not have been the best example, but I stand by just because you can lift heavy, doesn’t mean you can hit hard. On the flip-side of that, why not showcase characters like Black Widow doing some OP lifting/pulling/pushing given what her hits can do? Her strikes were downing Ultron-bots, which everyone goes to “they’re strong/durable enough to swim through concrete,” yet Widow is never shown to be overly strong. My guess? Because what she brings is H2H, stealth, and gadgets to the fight. Her striking, while harder than the average Joe, doesn’t equate to her having super strength because she doesn’t possess it. That’s not her skill set. The Spiders are agile, strong, and have their Spider-Man Sense. I’m not saying they can’t hit hard…clearly they do…but a bloodlusted (movie) Spider-Man hit (and Tom for that matter) doesn’t overly wow me because that’s not what we see them doing on screen. We see them being fast af, durable, smart, and strong, yes, but until he does something great, bloodlusted Spider-Man hits don’t have a 10.0 on the Richter scale for me. Especially Tom’s.

You used the Superman example, but we know Clark’s punching because that’s his thing. Fly- heat vision- strength- punch. That’s 98% of what Superman does in all his fights, including his DCEU ones, so you can gauge them. Spider-Man 7/8 times out of 10 is using webs, the environment/prep, and kicks. We rarely see him punching.

ANDDDD…almost all of Spider-Man’s villains survive their physical attacks until the movie finale/prep is involved. I don’t remember Ock’s deal, if he’s on some kinda of ‘ish that makes him superhuman, but Spider-Man has punched/kicked Ock, Lizard, Shocker, Vulture, and Mysterio. None of these were one shot deals. Especially for someone who has the strength to restrain trains and hold up towers; why aren’t those hits converted into haymaker punchers with the same strength behind it. He hits hard, sent some people flying at times, but we rarely, if ever see his hits as “DAMN, HE AIN’T GETTING UP FROM THAT!” Hell, we see Bucky and Cap’s punches as (cinematically) being more superhuman. Cap kicked a parked car and ragdolled Ultron into a pillar, whilst Buck punched through Tony’s armor- the same armor that survived a car crashing down on it. So when I think STRIKING, I’m thinking these guys before I’m thinking Pete.

Peter being a lightning timer and a striking beassstt means in his movies, especially any upcoming ones, he should be dodging everything (ESPECIALLY from human threats) because he’s a lightning timer, and then should merely flick them for the KO, because he’s got multi-ton hit strength. If someone like MCU Kingpin touches Spider-Man, I’m going to be hella baffled. He should time those hits like Mayweather fighting a sloth, and should be able to return the wrath because he’s hitting like a Mack truck for an instant KO.

SpiderMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SpiderMe

Only one person here can suplex someone through a 5-story building. That's a pretty hard gap to overcome.

Krishnyak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goblin solos

Avatar image for deactivated-64173259e84e1
deactivated-64173259e84e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderme said:

Only one person here can suplex someone through a 5-story building. That's a pretty hard gap to overcome.

But Captain can do this all day! :)

Aristeaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is everyone saying goblin solos?

Like... you do know that BP suit is basically immune to everything he can do, right? And everything he does just gets thrown back at him via kinetic discharge?

lazerbeak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goblin or BP solos

Kal_El_Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goblin solos

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

I would be curious to know what the arguments would be to challenge the notion that GG can't take Black Panther down, since it seems to be the second most popular position here behind the Green Team winning handily.

SonOfMadara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SonOfMadara

Goblin solos but BP might be a problem

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sonofmadara: How do you think GG would beat Black Panther? I only ask because (again), BP winning is the second most popular view I've seen here.

I guess we all agree that no matter what, the Blue Team doesn't win XD

Avatar image for deactivated-64a6a0f766a79
deactivated-64a6a0f766a79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goblin solos.

SonOfMadara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points