Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bleidd
No Caption Provided

Vs.

No Caption Provided

Rules:

• Random encounter. No knowledge.
  • Derek is unarmed. Natasha gets her heels.
  • In character.
  • Win by KO/Incapacitation/Seduction/Death.

Scenario:

If Derek wins, he goes free and Clint dies.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, seduction is really the only way Nat doesn't get her head bashed in.

bleidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Up.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

The one who didn't get 3v1'd by Oliver.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edbb4007f071
deactivated-5edbb4007f071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She can't put him down - Sampson destroys her

bleidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bleidd:

• She's not as strong as Oliver
  • She doesnt have the feats of actually doing anything similar nor the quick thinking skills to imply she could come up with a strategy like that
  • She doesnt have knowledge on Sampson's abilities anyways per your thread rules
  • She doesnt have the feats of overwhelming people several times stronger than her like that or similar feats to imply she could.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not fair for Natasha.

bleidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_hellstorm: I'd love to debunk each of the claims you made but it may take time as I'm quite busy these days. Can you wait? However if you're not interested do let me know. In that case, I'll just say that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bleidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By TheSuperor

Sampson in a good fight

bleidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By bleidd

@king_hellstorm: I'm sorry. I completely forgot about this.

She's not as strong as Oliver

I disagree. In fact, I could make a case for her being stronger than Oliver, but that's not the point of this discussion. So let's just start with what I believe to be her best and also one of the most overlooked strength showings:

Infinity War
Infinity War

I don't think that I need to describe what's happening in the above GIF. We have a furious Proxima, who is far stronger than Nat and is a legit superhuman unlike Sampson, trying to stab her in the throat from a position which allows her to put her whole weight behind the attack, and then we have Natasha lying on her back, who is at an every possible disadvantage (physicals, position, gear), stopping Proxima's onslaught with her batons with absolutely no leverage.

And in case you have any doubts regarding Proxima's physicals:

Infinity War
Infinity War

In this scene from earlier in the film, we can clearly see Steve struggling (grimacing and shaking) to block Proxima's attack and he's not even at a disadvantageous position. So based on this, one can safely assume that Proxima's physicals are at the very least on par with Steve. Although one could argue that she's above him based on her durability showings, which include her walking away unscathed from being thrown into a flaming truck by Wanda, and by the virtue of her being a daughter of Thanos and a peer of Gamora and Nebula, both of whom have better showings than Steve in that respect.

Now, moving on to the next one:

Age of Ultron
Age of Ultron

Another one of her underrated showings. Here she dislodges the locked door of an armored vehicle with a kick and sends the HYDRA bot flying backwards against it's momentum, once again with no leverage.

And the next one:

Infinity War
Infinity War

Knocks down a near 8 feet tall Corvus (admittedly, after stabbing him with Proxima's spear), a legit mid-tier who tanked being run through stone buildings by Vision and easily overpowered Captain America during the Battle of Wakanda.

Now, one from a tie-in comics:

Marvel's The Avengers - Black Widow Strikes 01
Marvel's The Avengers - Black Widow Strikes 01

Sends an armored grown man flying across a room with a kick.

Edit: Forgot this one:

Civil War
Civil War

Here, Natasha can be seen phasing Bucky with her hits and as you can tell from his facial expressions, he's definitely feeling those. Keep in mind that Bucky, like Steve, is extremely durable against blunt force damage and even hurting him a little speaks volumes about Nat's striking prowess.

And in case you still need a reminder of Bucky's blunt force durability:

Civil War
Civil War

Need I say more?

Now, let's move on to durability which I think is an equally important factor in a fight:

Infinity War
Infinity War

Endures a kick right to the jaw from Proxima. This happens right before the action cuts to the Corvus/Vision/Steve fight and when we get back after a couple of seconds we see Natasha already on her feet ready to go another round.

Age of Ultron
Age of Ultron

This one's heavily underrated. Here Natasha tanks a near 100 feet high fall while she's riding (no pun intended) the Hulk. Now most people don't get why this is so impressive when it was the Hulk who actually hit the ground. I'll tell you why. As Jeremy Clarkson once famously said - "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." That's exactly what happened here. All that momentum from the 100 feet high free fall came to a sudden halt when the Hulk hit the ground. It doesn't matter if you were on the Hulk's back, a normal human wouldn't survive that shock to his internal organs, at least not without crippling injuries. And here she not only tanks the initial fall but she's also sent flying about 50 feet, as if she were in a high-speed car crash and wasn't wearing a seat belt, and she gets back up instantly without any apparent injuries.

No Caption Provided
The Avengers Prelude - Fury's Big Week 06
The Avengers Prelude - Fury's Big Week 06

Here Natasha is buried under a heap of rubble from a building destroyed by the Abomination. As can be clearly seen in the first panel of the second page, she's completely buried under with only her hand stretching out. Then in the very next panel, we see her getting out on her own without any outside help with only superficial injuries.

She doesnt have the feats of actually doing anything similar nor the quick thinking skills to imply she could come up with a strategy like that.

This is actually funny. First, I don't think it required any quick thinking or special strategy on Oliver's part to subdue Sampson. He was simply more skilled than Sampson and so is Natasha. Second, I'm amused that you are not aware of her "quick thinking" feats which, IMO, puts Oliver's to shame.

Civil War
Civil War

In Lagos, Crossbones traps Natasha inside an armored truck with a live grenade. This entire scene spans for about 8 seconds from the moment Rumlow pulls the pin on the grenade to the explosion. In the span of 8 seconds, Natasha one-shots a mercenary through his bullet-proof helmet (striking feat), manages to disarm another mercenary and use him as a human shield to partially protect herself from the explosion. I say partially because there's no way that could've fully shielded her from a point blank explosion powerful enough to blow off the doors of the armored vehicle. So this feat not only highlights her quick thinking and presence of mind, it also doubles up as a durability feat.

The Winter Soldier
The Winter Soldier

This one is basically a copy/paste of one of my earlier posts on CV with slight modifications. While I consider this to be mainly a "combat speed" feat, it also involves quick thinking on Natasha's part. In the above GIF, one can clearly see that while Natasha, along with the other councilmen, is surrounded by three armed STRIKE operatives, Alexander Pierce has his gun already pointed towards one of the councilman with his finger ready to pull the trigger. Now what happens next is nothing short of crazy. Natasha not only kicks the councilman out of the line of fire, but also closes in on Pierce, disarms him, punches him in the face, takes out one STRIKE operative with a BW's bite and the rest two in raw H2H in such blitzing speed that none of them get a chance to get a single shot off or even realize what had happened until after the fight was already over. Now how fast we see it all happen on-screen is limited by the physical capabilities of the actress and/or her stunt double, but I think the implication is quite clear here that Black Widow is was one of the fastest combatants in the MCU. She has other similar feats like taking down seven of Crossbones' mercenaries in CQC in Lagos in a matter of seconds which further solidifies her status as the fastest non-enhanced fighter in the MCU.

Now if this is not enough "quick thinking" for you, then I don't know what is.

I think the feats given above are more than enough to get my point across regarding her strength/striking, durability and quick thinking skills, so I don't think there's any need to post more feats as the only purpose it'd serve is make this post unnecessarily longer.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sampson destroys her.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a
deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SAMPSON DESTROYS HER.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Sampson. Nat's more skilled for sure, but Sampson is very hard to put down.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SAMPSON DESTROYS HER.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

Natasha destroys him but I'm on mobile so I can't use these bait settings.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cfefdb3f097d
deactivated-5cfefdb3f097d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That long ass post actually convinced me this is closer than I initially thought.

Knowledge is still a huge problem against someone like Samspon though, so still feel inclined to say Natasha still loses.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Knowledge is still a huge problem against someone like Samspon though, so still feel inclined to say Natasha still loses.

This is basically my thoughts as well. Nat has a pretty significant skill/agility edge, but knowledge of Sampson's durability and how to bypass it is pretty much necessary to beat him.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@thehunter:

Sampson isn't as impressive as Ultron Bots physically, and Natasha repeatedly grappled with them and put them in submission holds. We can also agree he's not touching her any time soon. I think she hits hard enough to eventually put him down.

Or she can use her heels to gauge his eyes out apparently lel.

bleidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edited post #13: Added another striking feat, if anybody cares.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bleidd: That's a detailed and thought out post, but technically you shouldn't be debating in your own thread

bleidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smh at long posts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bleidd: That's a detailed and thought out post, but technically you shouldn't be debating in your own thread

Why not?

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The_Hajduk  Online

@bleidd: I really appreciate your BW feats and agree with everything you said. However Green Arrow used advanced jiu jitsu skills in order to physically subdue the metahuman Sampson. BW has shown very limited skills in that style. She can kick and punch Sampson in the face all she wants but Sampson has the feats to take peak human striking all day. Sampson is also a good fighter and would touch BW eventually, at which point he overwhelms and crushes her quickly which is his style.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bleidd: I really appreciate your BW feats and agree with everything you said. However Green Arrow used advanced jiu jitsu skills in order to physically subdue the metahuman Sampson. BW has shown very limited skills in that style. She can kick and punch Sampson in the face all she wants but Sampson has the feats to take peak human striking all day. Sampson is also a good fighter and would touch BW eventually, at which point he overwhelms and crushes her quickly which is his style.

Only one person really has access to those skills and you know who it is.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thehunter said:

This is basically my thoughts as well. Nat has a pretty significant skill/agility edge, but knowledge of Sampson's durability and how to bypass it is pretty much necessary to beat him.

I agree with these assessments. Good fight, Natasha definitely doesn't get curbstomped, but can't see her ever dishing out enough damage to put Sampson down before he puts her down, given he's also a somewhat skilled fighter in his own right.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lubub55 said:
@the_magister said:

Why not?

Smh. Lubub pushing his agenda here.