MCU Black Panther vs MCU Iron Man (Grounded)

• 59 results
kalder_ridley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kalder_ridley

Iron man is in his mark 3 suit but can't fly; Panther is in his upgraded suit

the fight takes place in the same area Iron man fought Cap & Bucky, so movement is a bit restricted for both guys

random encounter, who wins?

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

T'Challa stomps

Avatar image for deactivated-5c830d4e319e6
deactivated-5c830d4e319e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man stomps.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If T'Challa can dodge the tank missiles than he could win.

SupahJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T'Challa in what is a brutal stomp.

Iron Man stomps.

How so?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supahjd said:

T'Challa in what is a brutal stomp.

@originalcaptain said:

Iron Man stomps.

How so?

Superior in every way, except for speed.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By krisbishop  Moderator

Does Tony still have his weapons? (Repulsor rays, missiles, etc.)

SupahJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@originalcaptain: Disagree. I believe the vibranium suit has durability. Strength? Of course Iron Man has it but he's not hitting T'Challa.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supahjd said:

@originalcaptain: Disagree. I believe the vibranium suit has durability. Strength? Of course Iron Man has it but he's not hitting T'Challa.

Tony is definitely more durable. Black Panther was dazed after he got hit by a grenade launcher round.
He is not tanking something like this.

T'Challa is not too fast for Tony either. He could keep up with 2 other super soldiers which are on par with Black Panther speed-wise.

SupahJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@originalcaptain: Hmm. I'm going off logic here. That Grenade Launcher nor should that really affect the vibranium. He basically should be just as durable as Cap's shield. He was dazed though. Not downed.

I'm still giving the advantage to Black Panther. No flight, I see him using that suit's kinetic store up against Iron Man .m

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could go either way.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supahjd said:

@originalcaptain: Hmm. I'm going off logic here. That Grenade Launcher nor should that really affect the vibranium. He basically should be just as durable as Cap's shield. He was dazed though. Not downed.

I'm still giving the advantage to Black Panther. No flight, I see him using that suit's kinetic store up against Iron Man .m

Black Panther's suit is not as thick as Captains shield and its directly connected to his body unlike Caps shield. The grenade launcher hit put him out of the fight for a few seconds. I would say a tank missle would likely KO him if not kill him.

He has also his repulsors which he could spam to keep him at distance or knock him off his only to follow up with a tank missle.

kalder_ridley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SupahJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@originalcaptain: Can you help me out and post a spoiler to where a grenade launcher took him out? I'm desperatly trying to remember. I think I do. Saw it twice.

I think the tank missle would KO him. It would still take a bit to hit it on him. The repulsors would still only feed the kinetic outblast which would if I recall correctly, out Tony's suit down.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supahjd said:

@originalcaptain: Can you help me out and post a spoiler to where a grenade launcher took him out? I'm desperatly trying to remember. I think I do. Saw it twice.

I think the tank missle would KO him. It would still take a bit to hit it on him. The repulsors would still only feed the kinetic outblast which would if I recall correctly, out Tony's suit down.

When Killmonger came to rescue claw.

SupahJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SupahJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supahjd said:

@originalcaptain: Wasn't he our of the suit?

He was wearing it.

Was it when he was chasing him in the van? I vaguely remember that part.

Wasn't he also distracted during that scene though because they made an emphasis on him looking at the ring around his chain?

Avatar image for thanos_thebadas
thanos_thebadas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The tank buster might put T'Challa down, but I'd still back him.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Normally I’d give the majority to Stark if this was morals off due his heavy weapons (Repulsors missiles) which would drop T’Challa even in his Vibranium suit. Morals on, I don’t see Stark going all out so T’Challa could capitalize with the combo of his superior speed, H2H and his Vib suit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ace9ec1d0243
deactivated-5ace9ec1d0243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron man stomps. This suit has too much power.

Laiks Stake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IM stomps.

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man stomps.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man 1 suit was beastly, T'Challa will have trouble with that. I'd back Tony but BP has a chance due to speed and skill and claws. If he lands some key strikes he can win

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Iron Man 1 suit was beastly, T'Challa will have trouble with that. I'd back Tony but BP has a chance due to speed and skill and claws. If he lands some key strikes he can win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanos_thebadas: Nobody is lowballing. He was definitely dazed and on the ground hurt by the grenade launcher round

thanos_thebadas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@OriginalCaptain How? When he was literally spriting for Killmonger and Klawe... He was dazed from looking at the ring Killmonger had...

SupahJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@originalcaptain: He also completely lost focus and was on the ground with his mind on that ring.

Iron Man in no way stomps.

thanos_thebadas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanos_thebadas: Nobody is lowballing. He was definitely dazed and on the ground hurt by the grenade launcher round

Literally look up Black Panther on putlocker, look for the interrogation grenade scene and see for yourself. If anything, its feat for how fast he saw it. Face the facts, he wasn't dazed...

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Iron Man can get a hit, then he has a good chance. This suit is VERY durable though and it won't be as easy to tear it apart.

Also, does grounded mean no thursters at all? Because he sometimes uses them to dash and dodge while in the ground.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supahjd: No he didint. He got hit by the grenade launcher round which put him out of the fight for a few seconds and while he was lying on the ground he looked at Killmonger and saw the ring. Before that he didint even notice he had a ring on .. stop inventing your own story just because it's fits your argument

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanos_thebadas: He was definitely dazed. I don't have to look it up again. I already saw the movie twice in the cinema. Once the scene gets uploaded on YouTube we can look it up together.

SupahJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supahjd: No he didint. He got hit by the grenade launcher round which put him out of the fight for a few seconds and while he was lying on the ground he looked at Killmonger and saw the ring. Before that he didint even notice he had a ring on .. stop inventing your own story just because it's fits your argument

I'll have to rewatch it but I also saw it twice. Pretty sure the main reason he lost focus was two reasons:

One, he was desperate and enraged that he was about to lose Klaw again. Don't know if you remember, but there were multiple factors in that scene that probably took T'Challa's focus away. Since... literally in the car chase before hand in Japan, we see his reaction time to be much better. If you want to be technical. That big factor being said: he was focused on Ross going down, his people in danger, capturing Klaw for multiple reasons and then the ring as well. There was much to be had there.

Iron Man isn't some guy in a van. Black Panther will be focused in this fight. We saw him focused when we saw him dodging much bigger things in the end game fighting such as that flying vehicle in the climax, reacting to the Rhinos, the train, and Killmonger's moves.

Black Panther is taking the fight.

No one has convinced me that the mark three suit will be able to match up with the suit Black Panther has in the new movie. It will eat most of the mark 3's normal weaponry up. And it will blast even stronger energy back at Tony.

If that was a stronger suit or he'd have flight [even then], maybe Iron Man would have an advantage. But while the Mark 3 was great, Wakandan technology and the Panther suit beat it out.

Thoromdil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vibranium ex machina makes Tchalla a PIS machine. Yeah he wins this but he can probably win against Thor and Hulk and anyone else too, because he is just covered head to toe in a metal that can take anything so I'm not really impressed. His actual skills and capabilities are below average. Anyone in this suit can do that much. Hell give it to cap and he can go right through Thanos, probably.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supahjd: Yes you definitely have to rewatch the scene. It seems like 80% of your comment are just excuses. The ring had still nothing to do with the fact that he got hit &; claw getting away should motivate him more ... not give him a disadvantage because of his lack of focus. Wtf

About the convincing part ... I am not trying to convince you at all. You were the one who tagged me and Explained to you why I think Tony wins this fight & I still do. In fact I still think this is a stomp in Iron Mans favor.

SupahJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supahjd: Yes you definitely have to rewatch the scene. It seems like 80% of your comment are just excuses. The ring had still nothing to do with the fact that he got hit &; claw getting away should motivate him more ... not give him a disadvantage because of his lack of focus. Wtf

About the convincing part ... I am not trying to convince you at all. You were the one who tagged me and Explained to you why I think Tony wins this fight & I still do. In fact I still think this is a stomp in Iron Mans favor.

Sigh. "just excuses" is you literally writing off logic.

No, it's not an excuse for multiple reasons. I say he lost focus because: collected Panther was literally holding onto a car, leaping off said car onto other objects, reacting to that is killer, was dodging must faster strikes from the flying Wakandan vehicle [which fired faster than anything Iron Man has in the Mark 3], while also dodging rhinos, reacted fast enough to time the train, dodging Klaw's blows and timed all of that perfectly.

Of course I'm going to say the reason he was blasted by such a lowball grenade was for multiple reasons. Because he wasn't focused. His mind was clouded and it's even suggested in the movie that he's going through a ton by that scene.

You can think this is a stomp in Iron Man's favor. That's fine. However, there's no logical way with everything we've seen in Civil War and Black Panther that he can't speed through that Mark 3 suit that's grounded. No way in hell.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supahjd:

How do Black Panthers agility & I aim dodging feats prove that he is fast enough to dodge a grenade launcher round from point blank range ?

None of the feats/instances you mentioned are even comparable in the slightest. Complete different scenarios. Also no his mind was fine even better after he caught Claw. You are just inventing some bs up because you don't wanna accept what happened that's all.

What do you mean with what happened in civil war ? You mean when a holding back Iron man still almost beat 2 super Soldiers on the same physical level as T'Challa with a weaker armor ? Yeah this is definitely proving your point.

TheBeardOfZues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony Stomps.

SupahJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supahjd: How do Black Panther agility &I aim dodging feats prove that he is fast enough to dodge a grenade launcher round from point blank range ?

None of the feats/instances you mentioned are even comparable in the slightest. Complete different scenarios. Also no his mind was fine even better after he caught Claw. You are just inventing some bs up because you don't wanna accept what happened that's all.

what do you mean with what happened in civil war ? You mean when a holding back Iron man still almost beat 2 super Soldiers on the same physical level as T'Challa with a weaker armor ?

...Because it would make sense that he's fast enough to dodge a grenade launcher at point blank range. If the guy was dodging Klaw's weapon while on a car, reacting perfectly and timing his jumping on the building to avoid it while catching up to said car, and then proceeding to time his jump back on the car, that's a feat that I have issues with the same character being caught "off guard" while "focused" by a sloppy grenade launcher shot.

This is the same character who was dodging Hawkeye's arrows point blank in Civil War, at one point even grabbing them as he closed in on his target.

These aren't completely different scenarios. This is me using logic. If he was able to do everything I mentioned while focused, something was clearly wrong when he accidental allowed a slower grenade launcher shot to catch him off.

And no, the suit was not weaker than the mark 3. And there was multiple factors that allowed him to beat those Super Soldiers. One was Bucky at first not trying to fight Tony and only trying to escape with his life, the second was Cap was beating him down with pure fists until Iron Man's new tech allowed him to scan Cap's fighting movements.

He's not getting that lucky with Panther, nor is he going to have that time. Panther isn't going to just jab at Iron Man. He's going to use the claws to dig into him and tear his Mark 3 apart.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supahjd said:
@originalcaptain said:

@supahjd: How do Black Panther agility &I aim dodging feats prove that he is fast enough to dodge a grenade launcher round from point blank range ?

what do you mean with what happened in civil war ? You mean when a holding back Iron man still almost beat 2 super Soldiers on the same physical level as T'Challa with a weaker armor ?

...Because it would make sense that he's fast enough to dodge a grenade launcher at point blank range. If the guy was dodging Klaw's weapon while on a car, reacting perfectly and timing his jumping on the building to avoid it while catching up to said car, and then proceeding to time his jump back on the car, that's a feat that I have issues with the same character being caught "off guard" while "focused" by a sloppy grenade launcher shot.

This is the same character who was dodging Hawkeye's arrows point blank in Civil War, at one point even grabbing them as he closed in on his target.

These aren't completely different scenarios. This is me using logic. If he was able to do everything I mentioned while focused, something was clearly wrong when he accidental allowed a slower grenade launcher shot to catch him off.

And no, the suit was not weaker than the mark 3. And there was multiple factors that allowed him to beat those Super Soldiers. One was Bucky at first not trying to fight Tony and only trying to escape with his life, the second was Cap was beating him down with pure fists until Iron Man's new tech allowed him to scan Cap's fighting movements.

He's not getting that lucky with Panther, nor is he going to have that time. Panther isn't going to just jab at Iron Man. He's going to use the claws to dig into him and tear his Mark 3 apart.

He did not dodge Claws attack. Claw hit the car which launched Black Panther at the near building. He used the building to jum onto Claws car and pop the tire. Claw used his gun twice at T'Challa and both times connected directly. He didin't dodge anything.

No Caption Provided

Arrows are not as fast as grenade launcher warheads & T'Challa was also not running at Hawkeye when he was dodging them which would have increased the difficulty.

And yes this are complete different scenarios. You are using a feat out of context to prove that he can dodge something as fast as a grenade launcher round even tho he never dodge anything as fast as this.

" leaping off said car onto other objects, reacting to that is killer, was dodging must faster strikes from the flying Wakandan vehicle [which fired faster than anything Iron Man has in the Mark 3], while also dodging rhinos, reacted fast enough to time the train"

It clearly was weaker but no surprise you don't wanna admit that either because you are beyond ignorant throughout the whole debate. Everything from Striking power to durabiltiy was inferior to his mark 3 armor. Unless you wanna tell me that his Civil War armor could withstand tank shell attacks even tho Tony was injured after 3 cars fell on top of him or that he could hit as hard as this.

He is not gonna do any of that when Tony nukes him right from the start of the fight. Even if T'Challa gets close Tony would hurt him badly with 1 single hit. This is not Civil War Iron Man.

Also I don't see Black Panhter getting completely through the armor. His claws are too short.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
ProteusXManRxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Iron Man.

SupahJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@originalcaptain: You're either going to stop with the "ignorant" or "choosing to ignore" statements or you're going to be arguing with yourself. I'm not getting warned. If we get permission to be sarcastic and just plain asses to each other? I'll take part. Until then, relax.

You did only reply to two examples, but those two examples are enough. The bullets he took from Klaw, if I recall were on purpose because it was only going to build up the kinetic response. He did indeed dodge a kinetic blast. He could've stayed on the car and taken it, he didn't. He jumped off the car and timed where he was going to move back onto the car perfectly. That required precision and timing.

T'Challa was not running but he was still moving forward. I never one claimed he was running. Though, I don't think I fully agree that he wouldn't be able to pull off the same feat while running.

Why would it not be stronger? Could the thing you mentioned just be an inconsistent feat? You're arguing for durability, not raw power here. The Mark XLVI would also be better off in this fight since it's more durable to energy damage. Which has been listed on the site. The Mark 3 is not. If the Mark 3 was hit with an EMP, it would be shut down. It's also weaker to energy attacks. I definitely wouldn't call the tankier armor "stronger" just because it took more hits. The stronger armor to me is the more versatile one. I will admit though. I continously forget just how durable the Mark 3 was and how screwy the logic is that the Mark 3 could tank that but the Mark XLVI couldn't tank cars. Kinda weird.

Tony isn't nuking him from the start. And T'Challa doesn't need to get close. He takes damage, blasts back kinetic energy, suit is down and Tony is out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supahjd:

You did only reply to two examples, but those two examples are enough. The bullets he took from Klaw, if I recall were on purpose because it was only going to build up the kinetic response. He did indeed dodge a kinetic blast. He could've stayed on the car and taken it, he didn't. He jumped off the car and timed where he was going to move back onto the car perfectly. That required precision and timing.

No he did not tank it purpose. First of all Claw hit him the first time, when Black Panther was not even wearing the suit which debunks your whole "were on purpose" bs. T'Challa used a table to shield himself but got still kncoked down a story in that restaurant. The second time was here. I highly doubt he let himself hit, because he was not trying to use the kinetic blast against Claw, because he wanted him alive. Redirecting his own gun would have killed Claw.

No Caption Provided

T'Challa was not running but he was still moving forward. I never one claimed he was running. Though, I don't think I fully agree that he wouldn't be able to pull off the same feat while running.

He was running towards the van when Erik hit him with the grenade launcher.

Why would it not be stronger? Could the thing you mentioned just be an inconsistent feat? You're arguing for durability, not raw power here. The Mark XLVI would also be better off in this fight since it's more durable to energy damage. Which has been listed on the site. The Mark 3 is not. If the Mark 3 was hit with an EMP, it would be shut down. It's also weaker to energy attacks. I definitely wouldn't call the tankier armor "stronger" just because it took more hits. The stronger armor to me is the more versatile one. I will admit though. I continously forget just how durable the Mark 3 was and how screwy the logic is that the Mark 3 could tank that but the Mark XLVI couldn't tank cars. Kinda weird.

It should have been more powerful but it wasn't. Call it inconsistency or whatever but one look at their feats and you can tell that it was weaker. Here are some feats in comparision to his other suits.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In comparison to the mark 3 durability

Tony isn't nuking him from the start. And T'Challa doesn't need to get close. He takes damage, blasts back kinetic energy, suit is down and Tony is out.

He is not tanking a Anti Tank missle from Tony so no he won't redirect anything back at him, when he lies unconscious or dead at the ground. Tony is just in a different tier just face it ...

SupahJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SupahJD

@originalcaptain: Forgot that he hit him during the casino. Wasn't thinking of that scene in general, since...I'm considering suit feats here. I mistook the grunts shooting him in the car and Panther allowing those shots to hit due to the kinetic build up to be Klaw shooting at him as well. That was my mistake.

As for the van? I'm fully aware. I still have doubts thinking the feat of him dodging the arrows would have been done much more differently.

As for the durability of Mark 3? Yeah, no. It definitely allowed him to take some blunt trauma. I do consider it inconsistency at it's highest degree, but that's not a knock at you. I still don't think it would be able to stop Black Panther's claws.

Also, still disagree. I'm still fully under the idea that everything Black Panther was dodging from bullets in the finale in Black Panther, [if I recall, correct me again, they also shot explosives at him from that same air vehicle], and the arrow feat shows that he can dodge bullets. I'm still giving it to Black Panther. Not in a stomp. But I don't think the missile is hitting him head's on. If it hits around him, he takes the damage and uses it against the Mark 3. The suit gets shut down.

LeeHaralsonjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony wins med difficulty.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supahjd:

As for the van? I'm fully aware. I still have doubts thinking the feat of him dodging the arrows would have been done much more differently.

The arrows are still not as fast as the grenade launcher round. Telling me he dodged slower projectiles before is not proving your point that he can dodge faster ones.

As for the durability of Mark 3? Yeah, no. It definitely allowed him to take some blunt trauma. I do consider it inconsistency at it's highest degree, but that's not a knock at you. I still don't think it would be able to stop Black Panther's claws.

Again Black Panther claws are too short. He would need to hit Iron Man multiple times to do crictical dmg to his suit. His first hits would only do superficial dmg. And Iron Man could still just body/overpower him & restrain him.

Also, still disagree. I'm still fully under the idea that everything Black Panther was dodging from bullets in the finale in Black Panther, [if I recall, correct me again, they also shot explosives at him from that same air vehicle], and the arrow feat shows that he can dodge bullets. I'm still giving it to Black Panther. Not in a stomp. But I don't think the missile is hitting him head's on. If it hits around him, he takes the damage and uses it against the Mark 3. The suit gets shut down.

Agree to disagree. I still think Iron Man stomps. Even if you add Killmonger Id say he beats them both at the same time without too much trouble. Black Panther is no where near at the same level as Tony.

SupahJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supahjd:

The arrows are still not as fast as the grenade launcher round. Telling me he dodged slower projectiles before is not proving your point that he can dodge faster ones.

Again Black Panther claws are too short. He would need to hit Iron Man multiple times to do crictical dmg to his suit. His first hits would only do superficial dmg. And Iron Man could still just body/overpower him & restrain him.

Agree to disagree. I still think Iron Man stomps. Even if you add Killmonger Id say he beats them both at the same time without too much trouble. Black Panther is no where near at the same level as Tony.

I'm not even talking about just the arrows. Though, I'm sure if we really wanted to string this along more: we can look up the speed of Hawkeye's shooting and the type of launcher Killmonger used and so on, so forth. If we really want to dig that deep.

His claws are short in the gif you posted, but I'm not under this impression it becomes a wrestling match. That, and I believe Black Panther would be able to out power the Mark 3 and push his claws through even if it came to that. However, I'm also very confused now because I keep having this idea that the Mark 47 or whatever would be stronger in power than Mark 3. Then again, if it's anything like it's durability. Who knows.

I would agree if Iron Man had the newer suit and the ability to fly. With the Mark 3 and flight disabled? Nah. Agree to disagree if you would like to though. Good debate.

TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BP was grunting from trading punches with Killmonger and stunned by a rhino. Neither possess the force of even a fraction of MKIII's punches.

Stark bodies him

thanos_thebadas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By thanos_thebadas

@thetruthiii No, he tackled down a rhino actually. Also Tony grunts when fighting too, cut the bs.