• Starting 20 Feet Away
CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By CitizenSentry

I'm getting real tired of this crap, Can't people just wait until the movie comes out everywhere? Also based off the trailer feats alone Black Panther absolutely annihilates CW Deathstroke, so congratulations you made a mismatch.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@citizensentry:

Understand, not everyone is American.

It's already out in a lot of countries.

And yes, Panther stomps.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buildhare: I'm not American.....

Sorry for my assumption, that's usually who are talking about it not being out.

Regardless it is out in places, the thread is fine.

GXrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Panther wins but it's nowhere near a stomp.

Slade and Panther are similar in stats but the viranium body suit gives T’challah the edge.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GXrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GXrevolution

@buildhare said:

@gxrevolution:

How does Slade put him down/hurt him?

By punching him. Panther is not immune from harm. Also, I never said Slade would win. That said, he does have comparable H2H and strength feats to Panther

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buildhare said:

@gxrevolution:

How does Slade put him down/hurt him?

By punching him. Panther is not immune from harm. Also, I never said Slade would win. That said, he does have comparable H2H and strength feats to Panther

I know you didn't. But the fact his armor renders all of Slade's equipment useless isn't doing him any favors. Obviously we don't have a whole lot of feats for it right now but it seemed like T'challa had edges in both of the areas you mentioned in addition to the more obvious ones (durability, agility etc.).

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T'Challa has edges in basically every category, plus the Vibranium defence/offence combo means he wins.

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stomp

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn Panther is good enough to stomp Slade?

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@samjackson: Well see come may 6th. For all we know, it's just the typical Arrowverse lowballing.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@leo-343: yes panther wins.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By mickey-mouse

@samjackson said:

Damn Panther is good enough to stomp Slade?

Yes. He destroys him. Only due to gear though...Slade is still more skilled. If they fought H2H no armor/no gear Slade would win.

With gear obvious is obvious. Eventually enough claw scratches his gonna tear through Slade's suit. And Slades gear & punches isn't doing jack **** to panther's armor.

Avatar image for thesilentripper
TheSilentRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Panther

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lunacyde  Moderator

Panther wins but it's nowhere near a stomp.

Slade and Panther are similar in stats but the viranium body suit gives T’challah the edge.

They're similar in strength and durability. I'd say T'Challa is handily faster and more agile, not to mention an obviously superior H2H fighter. The vibranium suit is the nail in the coffin.

Panther 10/10 though Slade will hang in for a very tough fight each time.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Winning fights solely based on gear? Lame

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: The only reason I'm not sure T'Challa can take Slade H2H without gear is because of his fighting style. A lot of his strikes are claws and slashes and I'm not sure how well that'll translate if he doesn't have any claws.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Slade is more skilled based on what? T'Challa was beating Bucky for the majority of their fights, and managed to fight evenly with Steve.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lunacyde  Moderator

Even without his suit Slade's only advantages are raw strength and durability.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: ah, i havent seen the movie yet. (Hopefully tonight). I was joking though. Almost all my favorite characters win via gear advantage.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: I actually think Slade is the better fighter. I think his skills are fleshed out more, The only H2H scene with no armor we see him in was vs WS. WS in round 1 of that fight was beating him and in round 2, his Dad's ring seemed to have some sort of powers or something, maybe magnetic or something. I've only seen the movie once so far, but I've seen the gif multiple times.

@samjackson: Yeah, and I think the only reason he gave WS trouble in that scene is it seems like his Dad ring has some powers or something.

You mad bro. :D

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: ah, i havent seen the movie yet. (Hopefully tonight). I was joking though. Almost all my favorite characters win via gear advantage.

Oh :D

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Lunacyde  Moderator

Ahh okay. Yeah I won't ruin anything for you then :P

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Slade is more skilled based on what? T'Challa was beating Bucky for the majority of their fights, and managed to fight evenly with Steve.

I think his skills are more fleshed out. He is able to contend with Season 2 Ollie in melee combat. He also beat Billy Winter Green. His armor & claws gives him advantages over Bucky, so those fights so I'm gonna skip analyzing them for this fight in terms of skill. In the scene inside the building in Germany Bucky is beating Panther, and then in round 2 when he gets up the stairs Panther beats Bucky a bit, but he seems to use his Dad's ring to help a good bit.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Lunacyde  Moderator

@lukehero: Hmm, maybe. I don't see there being a significant difference in skill, but if I had to give an edge I thought that T'Challa displayed more fighting prowess against better opponents. He fought to what seemed to me as a stalemate with both Cap and Bucky. Who exactly has Slade faced in order to prove his skill level? Everyone he beat after Mirakuru seemed to lose because he obviously outclassed them physically.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Why is beating Billy impressive? Billy is, for all intents and purposes, featless. Fighting Oliver is fine, but why would doing that give him better combat ability than someone like Steve? Steve has been able to contend with opponents above his pay grade through his fighting ability alone. Neither Oliver nor Slade can say the same. For T'Challa to match or surpass guys who can do that says a lot.

Off-topic though, can we give Hawkeye a little bit of love? He was badass.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: Well he only has 2 fights after Mirakuru. When he was depowered it seemed to weaken him and he was going toe to toe with Ollie anyway. Plus Ollie still had the better gear due to trick arrows. The other fight on the island vs Thea & Ollie he was in prison and seemed weak as well. And he at least did a decent job fighting them. Although the infamous Thea moment happened to him...

I think the fact that he was able to train Ollie in 10 days and still be on par with Season 2 ollie(who had beaten/fought with) a number of main character fighters says a lot about his skill. And for me I would still maintain he is in fact a more established fighter than Panther.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mickey-mouse

@stormdriven:

@lukehero: Why is beating Billy impressive? Billy is, for all intents and purposes, featless. Fighting Oliver is fine, but why would doing that give him better combat ability than someone like Steve? Steve has been able to contend with opponents above his pay grade through his fighting ability alone. Neither Oliver nor Slade can say the same. For T'Challa to match or surpass guys who can do that says a lot.

Off-topic though, can we give Hawkeye a little bit of love? He was badass.

When he fought steve panther had his armor and claws which ones again adds to his overall abilities. That doesn't necessarily come from pure skill, those are built in advantages. What I am talking about is if Panther vs Slade(On Mirkuru) no armor no gear who would win, and I believe the winner would be Slade. And a large part of that would be do to skill.

Oliver actually was able to figure out how to beat Grundy in season 2. But, that point strays way too far away from the main subject line: Panther vs Slade(No Armor, No Gear). Slade wins, he would be better suited for a win in that fashion. Panther doesn't have the same fighting ability without his armor.

@stormdriven:Oh and Billy fought yao fei and did a excellent job. In fact in the rematch he beats him.

Many of these characters are established through the: this guy fought this guy system...

Khaji-Da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T'Challa has edges in basically every category, plus the Vibranium defence/offence combo means he wins.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Stormdriven

@lukehero: Claws are really the only thing that affects how he fights. His suit increases his durability, yes, but it's not like he was taking a bunch of needless hits a la Wolverine style. And you are basing T'Challa losing on the fact that Bucky gave him trouble without the suit. In all honesty, Bucky would beat Slade as well, so I fail to see how T'Challa having a pretty even fight with him means he'd lose to Slade.

As for Oliver vs Grundy, he managed an exchange about 10 seconds against Grundy before he blew up the centrifuge. Someone like Steve on the other hand managed a prolonged fight against both Ultron and Iron Man.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@lukehero said:

@lunacyde: Well he only has 2 fights after Mirakuru. When he was depowered it seemed to weaken him and he was going toe to toe with Ollie anyway. Plus Ollie still had the better gear due to trick arrows. The other fight on the island vs Thea & Ollie he was in prison and seemed weak as well. And he at least did a decent job fighting them. Although the infamous Thea moment happened to him...

I think the fact that he was able to train Ollie in 10 days and still be on par with Season 2 ollie(who had beaten/fought with) a number of main character fighters says a lot about his skill. And for me I would still maintain he is in fact a more established fighter than Panther.

I guess it will just have to stand as a disagreement then my friend. I believe that essentially stalemating Cap and Bucky, two very established fighters (the best in the MCU) in skill establishes him as a top tier fighter. Slade has never beaten a top tier fighter without holding a huge physical advantage over them (to my recollection), so I don't see how he is more established. If anything I think his skill level is highly ambiguous and under-established as just about every fight he's been in had the context of him being either A.) Significantly superior physically or B.) Weakened. Training Oliver is all good and well, but I don't think there is any world where that is logically a better feat than stalemating or doing better than the two most established fighters in your Universe.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: NICK HELP ME!!!! He's beating me with superior LOGIC!!! MARTHA!!!

Ok. I guess BP is better...cries tears...

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By mickey-mouse

@lunacyde: Nah, that negro stormdriven got me. I give.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@stormdriven: NICK HELP ME!!!! He's beating me with superior LOGIC!!! MARTHA!!!

Ok. I guess BP is better...cries tears...

LOL

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: I take it you've seen the movie. There was no amount of extra clothes that could prepare you for it right????

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samjackson: HELL NO THERE WASN'T. I LOST CONTROL OF PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SamJackson

@stormdriven: I went back thinking I'd better prepare myself a second time but nope... Same effect.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samjackson: I'm going to see it again tomorrow in 3D. I think it's going to be much messier this time around lmao

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: I saw it in Big D 3D: 80 footwide wall to wall screen. WORTH IT. Then I'm going to see it in Imax 3D. Then I wanna find a nearby XD screen.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: I'd probably pass out if I saw it in those. It would be too epic

Usha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T'Challa should win this. His skill and matching capabilities with Cap and Bucky are enough to put Slade down.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: Shockingly freaking Alabama has all three: Imax, Big D, and XD....

Reno117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke wins.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: You get to watch the epic showdown 4 different ways lmao

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: The next time I go see it I'm packing swimming trunks and googles

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samjackson: I have to notify the movie theater that they'll have to be cleaning up a massive mess