User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jashro44

Black Panther (MCU)

No Caption Provided

Rules

• In character
  • No prep
  • Win by any means
  • 616 versions of all marvel characters aside from black panther who is obviously MCU version
  • This is not a gauntlet. So if T'challa fails one scenario he just moves on to the next. So no comments saying "wrong order". He also is fully healed between each scenario
  • Tie-in Comic feats and other tie-in sources are allowed for MCU Black Panther
  • Obviously Black Panther has the herb all rounds

Scenario One

Moon Knight

No Caption Provided

• Standard Gear for Black Panther
  • Moon Knight has his vengeance of moon knight era gear
  • No prep
  • Win by any means
  • They begin 10 ft apart in plain sight.
  • Fight takes place here:
No Caption Provided

Scenario Two

Bucky Barnes

No Caption Provided
  • Both combatants do not start visible
  • They begin 1000 ft apart in a city
  • Win by any means
  • Standard Gear for both
No Caption Provided

Scenario Three

Kingpin

No Caption Provided
  • This is modern Kingpin (Not classic kingpin)
  • Both combatants are unarmed and gym clothes (whatever they feel most comfortable with)
  • Win by any means
No Caption Provided

Scenario Four

Hawkeye

No Caption Provided
  • Hawkeye has regular arrows only
  • Black Panther has no weapons or armor
  • Win by any means
  • Begin on opposite sides
No Caption Provided

Scenario Five

Luke Cage

No Caption Provided
  • Black Panther has standard gear
  • In character
  • No prep
  • Win by any means
No Caption Provided

Scenario Six

Batroc

No Caption Provided
  • Black Panther has his ritual combat gear
  • Batroc is unarmed
  • Win by any means including knocking the other person off the poles
No Caption Provided

Scenario Seven

Karnak

No Caption Provided
  • Black Panther has his ritual combat gear
  • Karnak is unarmed
  • No prep
  • Both have knowledge on the other
  • Win by any means
No Caption Provided

What scenarios does MCU Black Panther win and lose?

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Oh boy.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wrong order.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49375365792
deactivated-5e49375365792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewatcherking:

• This is not a gauntlet. So if T'challa fails one scenario he just moves on to the next. So no comments saying "wrong order". He also is fully healed between each scenario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can maybe outskill Luke at best I think.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No idea on Cage, Karnak or Fisk. He beats everyone else, honestly without much hassle.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Fisk, Karnak, Luke and Bucky should have no trouble beating him at all (Even Marc for that matter). Not sure about Hawkeye and Batroc.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't know about Karnak but he beats the rest.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Would he really beat a kingpin with no weapons?

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 juiceboks  Moderator

Loses to Wilson, Karnak and probably Marc and Batroc. Depending on his gear Bucky may be able to beat him too

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Karnak, Batroc and Hawkeye should be able to do it in these setups. Not sure about Marc or Bucky. Cage and Fisk lose.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loses to Wilson, Karnak and probably Marc and Batroc. Depending on his gear Bucky may be able to beat him too

You seem a little hesitant with moon knight and batroc, out of curiosity why? What gear do you think Bucky would need to win? Also what makes you say he beats Cage & Hawkeye?

Would he really beat a kingpin with no weapons?

Well so far only one person has said Fisk would lose.

@sy8000 said:

Karnak, Batroc and Hawkeye should be able to do it in these setups. Not sure about Marc or Bucky. Cage and Fisk lose.

What makes you unsure of Marc and Bucky? And what makes you think Cage and Fisk lose?

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By socajunkie  Moderator  Online

I'm confused, reading these comments I'm thinking Cage is nerfed to normal stats, how the hell is T'Challa beating Cage? Someone explain what's going on.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm confused, reading these comments I'm thinking Cage is nerfed to normal stats, how the hell is T'Challa beating Cage? Someone explain what's going on.

He's not nerfed to normal stats. I put Cage in this thread to test T'challa's abilities as an anti-brick. Whether or not he can put Cage down is for everyone else to debate.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 socajunkie  Moderator  Online

@jashro44 said:
@socajunkie said:

He's not nerfed to normal stats. I put Cage in this thread to test T'challa's abilities as an anti-brick. Whether or not he can put Cage down is for everyone else to debate.

But T'Challa doesn't have his suit here? Just ritual gear? Was his ritual gear vibranium?

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cus muh 616 wank.

OT: Not sure about Bucky or Hawkeye, but everyone else beats Panther with difficulty ranging from mild workout to effortless stomp.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@socajunkie: No. He has the ritual gear in some scenarios, unarmed and unarmored in others, and has standard gear in some of the scenarios. Against Luke he has his suit.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 socajunkie  Moderator  Online

@jashro44 said:

@socajunkie: No. He has the ritual gear in some scenarios, unarmed and unarmored in others, and has standard gear in some of the scenarios. Against Luke he has his suit.

Oh I see.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 socajunkie  Moderator  Online

@socajunkie said:

Cus muh 616 wank.

OT: Not sure about Bucky or Hawkeye, but everyone else beats Panther with difficulty ranging from mild workout to effortless stomp.

You're lucky because they haven't targeted (or can't) Comic high tiers, the moment claims of live action characters beating Juggernaut pop up, you'll get triggered and rightly so.

OT: yeah I agree.

Avatar image for stalin-is-steel
Stalin-Is-Steel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Panther gets beat by Karnak, Batroc (he's more skilled, Panther doesn't have his suit) Cage would break something and incap him, Hawkeye incaps or KO's him, and Kingpin could arguably take him out.

He could get through the rest if he's careful.

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is tough.

I'll say wins against Moon Knight and Bucky due to gear. Suit is OP.

Probably beats Fisk based on skill.

Gets shot by Hawkeye. Yes, BP is a bullet timer but he's suitless and I think he gets hit eventually.

Luke's too strong, too durable. Unless this BP knows pressure points he's going down.

Batroc and Karnak unsure. Maybe Batroc due to location of the fight and he only has to knock him off the pole.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I don't know if Marc or Bucky can put him down. It depends on gear and how well they could choke or punch him out.

I don't think modern Kingpin is as strong as MCU Super Soldiers. I've seen arguments that point to Cage having questionable piercing durability (like getting diamond hard staves thrown through him by normal humans), T'Challa should be able to bleed him out at least.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000 said:

@jashro44: I don't know if Marc or Bucky can put him down. It depends on gear and how well they could choke or punch him out.

I don't think modern Kingpin is as strong as MCU Super Soldiers. I've seen arguments that point to Cage having questionable piercing durability (like getting diamond hard staves thrown through him by normal humans), T'Challa should be able to bleed him out at least.

What gear do you think they would need to get by the suit? Moon Knight has his vengeance era gear if that helps. I haven't really followed Bucky to know his gear.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Wrong order.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@g2_:

haoalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beats them all except Kingpin.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Marc's crescent darts, I think they were adamantium at one point and would be enough. With Bucky it would depend on explosives and if he could punch or shock T'Challa out with the arm.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vengeance era Moon Knight doesn't have the gear to take T'challa (I think there might have been a throw away line about it but they don't have the feats to phase T'challa given a vibranium knife couldn't do shit either), he can't hurt him at all and he's physically weaker (by a fairly wide margin) so BP is at roughly zero risk of being incapped by him.

Bucky is in the same boat except his physicals are worse (outside of the arm, which is weaker than the MCU iteration that BP has already been basically unphased by) and he doesn't carry any gear that'd be an issue. He has used the shock function on his arm roughly twice in his entire history so the odds of him going to it here before T'challa wrecks him are slim to none.

Even ignoring that his physicals are already better (speed is the closest, Marc might actually edge him there) the suit means he literally cannot lose to Marc or Bucky in any round here.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 juiceboks  Moderator

@jashro44:

You seem a little hesitant with moon knight and batroc, out of curiosity why? What gear do you think Bucky would need to win? Also what makes you say he beats Cage & Hawkeye?

I couldn't remember if the adamantium crescent darts and hypersonics he used to hurt Hulk were Vengeance of the Moon Knight era gear, but reread those instances and they were indeed of that time period so Marc should beat T'Challa.

Batroc I was kinda iffy about. His striking feats are much better than T'Challa's (kicking through brick walls, kicking Deadpool through several stories and knocking Steve away after blocking his kicks with the shield), and after looking through his fights he does seem to have better coordination and agility feats so he'd likely win that round too.

Bucky would probably need the luger he used to stun Ares, or some of his space gear like the sniper rifle that shoots vibranium rounds. Though now that I think about it, the EMP from his metal arm should be able to disable the suit and shock T'Challa into submission.

He beats Luke because Cage doesn't have any piercing durability feats to suggest he can't carve him up, and with T'Challa being faster and more skilled he makes for a good counter. I don't see Clint being that much of a threat with regular arrows, though I admittedly don't know too much about him to say for sure.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone tag me in 10min once I’m home to remember to post.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:
@supremegeneration said:

Someone tag me in 10min once I’m home to remember to post.

OK.

Working on it while I eat and read some old CaVs. Not too detailed, but I'll go round-by-round.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright let's do this. Now I know many will disagree with a lot of what I will say, and I'm open to small debates, but I have a lot of catching up with some tournies and CaVs. If we've debated some of these topics in the past, I'd rather not again, so let's agree to disagree.

First off we have to remember that his overrated kinetic suit can be overrided. A rhino did it with a smack and a grenade launcher did it point blank. Hell, re-watching the Civil War fights, Cap's shield throw managed to make him roll over. Cap's flip kick sent him flying too. He rolled over from Bucky's arm as well. Plus it's not like he can't feel pain. Bucky hit him twice in the chest with the normal arm and each time, T'Challa grunted. Hit him enough times, even with the kinetic suit, and he is going down. Remember that.

1. 616 Moon Knight vs MCU Panther (Vibranium Suit)
    1. I'm backing Moon Knight. I think he's got a good track record (as of Vengeance) against people like Deadpool. He's got that one iffy dodge against Shadowland Daredevil as well. IIRC he also sent him through a brick wall or something like that, so his striking is definitely going to affect Panther (though that's pretty high-end to be fair). He still has his Crescent Darts, but I'm uncertain whether the Vengeance ones were adamantium. He should be above T'Challa in terms of skills based on showings like in Infinity War, he's beat Black Cat, he's fought Hobgoblin, etc.
  2. 616 Winter Soldier vs MCU Panther (Vibranium Suit)
    1. My general rule of thumb is 616 Super Soldiers > MCU Super Soldiers. I've debated this particular one to death and I will hold my opinion that Winter Soldier beats MCU Panther. His arm's showings vs characters such as Burnside/50's Cap should prove he has what it takes to eventually KO T'Challa. Likewise, taking hits from 50s Cap is just as impressive a durability feat. They're pretty equal in speed but the skill isn't close imo. Bucky's feats vs people like Daredevil or that one simultaneous fight against Matt and Wolverine (I don't care that he was losing, T'Challa would get slaughtered), or even beating Widow (someone skillwise far above anyone in the MCU) should mean he beats Panther.
  3. 616 Kingpin vs MCU Panther (Unarmed)
    1. Not very well-versed on Modern Kingpin, can't comment.
  4. 616 Hawkeye vs MCU Panther (Unarmed)
    1. Ah, Hawkeye... He should have the accuracy to hit T'Challa at a range but I'm not going to say it's a given. That said, he has some great CQC feats that I think could even give him the win there. T'Challa might be a bit faster but it's not like Hawkeye can't keep up. I mean Hawkeye actually beat Captain America (someone who would also wreck T'Challa to kingdom come) where even if you argue Cap was holding back, Hawkeye was losing his vision. I actually don't think T'Challa can put Clint down, too. He has feats like taking a hit from Deadpool who was trying to end the fight quickly, Speed Demon, some multi-story falls, etc.
  5. 616 Luke Cage vs MCU Panther (Vibranium Suit)
    1. Luke is so inconsistent that saying Panther wins or loses is alright with me to be honest. I mean Cage is still a high-end street leveller who's beat people like Sabretooth and Tombstone, but I'm not sure if that's enough to say he can beat Panther given that Luke isn't the fastest guy out there. I'm pretty sure he's a bullet timer, but I'd imagine Panther is noticeably (though not that much) faster and decently more skilled. Either Luke gets a hit in and proceeds to finish the fight or Panther cuts him up. This is (imo) a fight that I imagine is very close if we look at Cage consistently. If I were forced to pick, I'd guess Luke gets that hit in like 501/1000 times.
  6. 616 Batroc vs MCU Panther (Ritual Gear)
    1. Batroc is also, like Luke, one of those iffy characters. Let me start with the obvious: Panther without the suit it not taking that many hits. This is a guy who's kicked down people like Cap (if only barely), decently thick metal vaults, and he's actually turned Deadpool's head around with one hit. Based on his fights against Cap where even if he's at a disadvantage he can keep up fine, and Cap is definitely faster than Panther. He's got feats like hitting and dodging attacks from Spider-tier characters, who are solidly above Panther. His blunt force durability is great, imo above anything Panther can dish out and IIRC he took an arrow from Hawkeye too. He's definitely more skilled though; between fighting Cap evenly for a bit, I think Iron Fist at one point (though that'd be high end), and Wolverine w/o healing (he lost, I'm pretty sure) among others, he should be able to take on T'Challa.
  7. 616 Karnak vs MCU Panther (Ritual Gear)
    1. Ah, Karnak. I'd imagine they're equally fast (both have sliced bullets) in terms of reactions but Karnak should be much faster combat-wise. Coupled with FTE feats and fights against fast characters, he should honestly probably dance around T'Challa. That's not even getting into the noticeable skill difference, too. He's beaten flying creatures faster decently faster than he is and he's wrecked Black Widow, someone who would also beat Panther (imo). Yet all of that doesn't get into his ability to find weakpoints! To be completely honest, I think Karnak one-shots.

Again, I might've said a lot of things that people will disagree with but I'll mostly maintain my stance. My memory is a bit foggy on some of these instances, so I don't mind someone shining a light on them, but I'd really rather not argue at this point in time. If someone wants to leave a counter post, I can come back in maybe a few days/weeks.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration:

My general rule of thumb is 616 Super Soldiers > MCU Super Soldiers.

And while this may apply for BP and Cap it certainly doesn't for Bucky. He has basically no regular strength feats (and those he does have are below MCU Daredevil) and his durability feats without the impact suit aren't very good, speed is a lot closer but T'challa is still better than him there. His arm is weaker than his MCU iteration by quite a bit, it gets basically no attention in his fights beyond hitting harder than his regular (and as we just established, unimpressive) arm. His gear is identical to what Bucky had on the bridge in most cases except he doesn't always carry heavier weapons. He has some extra tricks on his arm he never uses.

Basically the rule of thumb doesn't apply to 616 Winter Soldier, who really isn't a super soldier at all. The only area he surpasses his live-action version is skill and (probably) resistance to explosions.

I've debated this particular one to death and I will hold my opinion that Winter Soldier beats MCU Panther. His arm's showings vs characters such as Burnside/50's Cap should prove he has what it takes to eventually KO T'Challa.

He barely hurt him (meaningfully, i.e in a way that lasted more than a few moments) with a punch in conjunction with a shield throw. Burnside Cap was tough but even then he has absolutely nothing on T'challa in the durability department, and that's not even considering that Bucky can't hit T'challa without having it redistributed if that's what BP wants.

Likewise, taking hits from 50s Cap is just as impressive a durability feat.

It's really not. Again he was tough but compare his striking feats (knocking over a small chimney) or even scaled stuff (being stronger than Cap) to stuff that's only momentarily knocked T'challa down (Vibranium horn charge) and it should be pretty obvious that T'challa is far, far above. Ignoring that fact he uses claws and can amp his regular strikes to hurt people like Cull Obsidian, if he wants to one shot the Winter Soldier he can.

They're pretty equal in speed but the skill isn't close imo.

Obviously I disagree but even if this were true the fact he so far ahead everywhere else would make it basically irrelevant.

Bucky's feats vs people like Daredevil or that one simultaneous fight against Matt and Wolverine (I don't care that he was losing, T'Challa would get slaughtered),

They weren't trying to seriously hurt him and approached him one at a time, T'challa could do exactly what Buck did there and more. It's not as if he actually fought and held off Clint, Matt and Wolverine.

or even beating Widow (someone skillwise far above anyone in the MCU) should mean he beats Panther.

Again, disagree here but we should be able to agree it's not feasible for this to matter given how mismatched they are everywhere else.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration:

If we've debated some of these topics in the past, I'd rather not again, so let's agree to disagree.

Lol, my bad.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration: Just regarding batrocs fight against wolverine that was under Paul Cornell and the context is wolverine forgot how to fight due to relying on his healing factor.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Michaelbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only round he will win is 3, mcu feats are nowhere near 616 feats.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only round he will win is 3, mcu feats are nowhere near 616 feats.

What makes you say he wins round 3 but loses the rest?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

He could lose to anyone.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's winning the first round based on fighting ability, he's winning the second due to the suit's durability, he's losing round 3 since as far as I know Fisk is still that guy who laid out Spider-Man and Daredevil, he's losing round 4 due to being unarmed and at a distance against Hawkeye, he can't win round 5 unless we forget that Luke isn't a bad fighter or a slow one who can preform thunder claps, he doesn't have enough feats for me to say he can beat Batroc or Karnak without the suit and that ritual gear doesn't make up for how much his opponents can potentially outclass him in striking power, skill and speed ... so

Michaelbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

Comic logic and feats are way above everything that happens in a movie and bp have some fights in a movie, his own and some appearance in a busy movie. BP have a panther like fighting style and some Superhuman level of physical condition. Kingpin is still a human and the only times he had upper hand or trolled spidey, either spidey was joking around or kingpin had some advantage against him.

Moon Knight have vengeance era gear plus he have many impressive feats of combat.

Barnes? Maybe MCU ws get his butt kicked but 616 is far above him since the quality of his feats are much better.

Hawkeye, after west coast avengers became a badass with many feats of both unarmed and armed combat, even his regular arrows with the place you mentioned make his victory much easier.

Luke Cage, he doesn't have the combat feats of BP but his durability and endurance with his strength and the place (it's day time, right?) is a win for him, although panther make it hard.

Batroc, unlike his MCU, 616 is no joke and have good and considerable feats of combat and agility and the place is kind of the place he can gain upper hand, but due to panther gears and superpowers it's a tough fight.

Karnak, if it was 616 BP I would bet on him since he showed he can defeat him without much difficulty, but panther will land some strike because of Karnak overconfidence and kind of cocky personality.

Panther will put good fights in each round but he will lose all of it except round 3.