MCU Base Thanos vs MCU Thor And Hulk

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll MCU Base Thanos vs MCU Thor And Hulk (152 votes)

Thanos 67%
Duo 33%

Pre Ragnarok Feats, Thor has Mjolnir

Battle on Titan

Morals off, Bloodlusted

• 
MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@miekskywalker: The only way the film could contradict what I said is if we had feats of Thanos prior to wielding any Stones. Since we don't, there is no contradiction.

Stones specifically glow when used

If this is the conclusion you came to, you clearly don't understand what my point was. Read it again.

miekskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: gems do not amp when unused

We can only wait for the next movie

Hopefully he loses the gauntlet and we see him in base form ( which we already have against hulk )

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: gems do not amp when unused

We can only wait for the next movie

Hopefully he loses the gauntlet and we see him in base form ( which we already have against hulk )

It did for Malekith. We have a demonstrable occasion that it precisely does this. We don't need to wait for a next movie to conclude this. We already have others that show this.

Tenguswordsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Thanos, but can also see the team snatching some victories.

miekskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: Yeah but malekith does not know how to use it correctly. He couldn’t even control it correctly thus likely had it activated all the time.

Thanos knows how to use gems and was just as good as strange at using the time gem as soon as he got it.

HC03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By HC03

I think Team wins in a brutal fight, Hulk being the deciding factor.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos gets mobbed.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: Yeah but malekith does not know how to use it correctly. He couldn’t even control it correctly thus likely had it activated all the time.

Thanos knows how to use gems and was just as good as strange at using the time gem as soon as he got it.

Couldn't use it correctly? The guy almost engulfed the entire galaxy in darkness on the day of Convergence. Sure, Malekith's knowledge on what the Stone was was limited, but he clearly was using it to the full potential of what he was attempting to do, which means he knows how powerful it is at the least. That would've potentially been the greatest feat from a single Stone accomplished. Saying he would've had it activated the whole time is a cop-out and is up to you to prove.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@batman242: be mad at Disney for ignoring how those things worked and made new rules for thanos.

miekskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: Up to me to prove ? Without knowledge, practice or experience you don’t know how to use something effectively.

He had an infinity gem obviously it is going to be powerful(and one of the more OP ones) it’s like giving a kid nuke launch codes the destruction capability means nothing in this argument. We are talking about control and infinity gems have limitless potential.

You prove thanos was amped w/o the stone being activated

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@miekskywalker: The Soul Stone never glowed when Thanos used it to see who stark was. And the reality stone IIRC in Knowhere.

imsososorry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By imsososorry

Thanos curbs again

Thanos >>>> hulk >= phase 1 Thor

miekskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tonymartial: Thanos already knew stark he respected him

He was the one who destroyed part of his chitari fleet word does spread

And what part are you referring to about knowhere?

EcoBlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EcoBlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By EcoBlitz
Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@miekskywalker: No he never, he directly uses Red Skulls "Cursed with Knowledge" quote. He didnt know Stark destroyed the fleet.

When he walks in to reveal himself to Gamora ,that hes still alive and was just reality warping/creating illusions.

EcoBlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tonymartial: I just watched the scene, the stone was never shown during that sequence, but the next sequence when he used it to transmute mantis and drax it glowed again.

You guys are reaching asf.

miekskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tonymartial: So you are claiming a guy like thanos wouldn’t want to find out who destroyed his fleet?

The guy gives no 2nd chances (Ronan)

100% he knew Tony prior to them meeting and fighting

And how is using a quote indicating that he is using a gem?

I’ll need to watch knowhere scene when I can

kiddie_Disney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By kiddie_Disney

I'm assuming MCU (Mickey_Mouse Cinematic Universe) Thanos doesn't have the gemmed up fully working gauntlet on in this poll?

No Caption Provided

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@miekskywalker: Up to me to prove ? Without knowledge, practice or experience you don’t know how to use something effectively.

Both Malekith and Thanos had no practice or experience and only operated based off knowledge. Again, Malekith clearly knew pretty well how to use it effectively since he timed it well for it's power to span across the entire galaxy-- permanently. What proof do you have that he wasn't using it effectively for the purpose he had in mind?

He had an infinity gem obviously it is going to be powerful(and one of the more OP ones) it’s like giving a kid nuke launch codes the destruction capability means nothing in this argument. We are talking about control and infinity gems have limitless potential.

That's a statement that they have limitless potential. You can't even prove an absolute claim like that, because there's always something greater that would have yet to have been tested so I won't even waste either of our time asking you to prove that. By potential and feats, the strongest Stone would have been the Reality Stone if Malekith succeeded in his plan. Do any other Stones have something similar to what that was about to accomplish?

You prove thanos was amped w/o the stone being activated

I'm sorry, what? There's no way you thought that through and still asked me that. This is the entire reason I'm arguing against all of you; Thanos has NO on-screen feats without the Stones on him-- even as just a decoration. None, nada, zilch, zip. We have no way to measure his durability otherwise.

Your only argument against what I've been saying in actuality hinges on Malekith constantly having the Stone activated and you need to prove that. Until then, I'll continue saying that the amp would've been passive.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecoblitz said:

@batman242: you’re severely reaching lol.

When I've repeatedly given two demonstrations on the amps being passive?

miekskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: malekith the guy needed to use the stone at a perfect time for it to have full effect (someone who can actually use it to its full potential wouldn’t need to wait for nothing it’s the reality gem it does what the user wants)

And thanos does have full knowledge of the stones

He’s been planning his conquest for a long time and would have obviously learnt about the gems before seeking them. No one but thanos knew to break the artifacts to get the gem. Strange trained with the time gem and thanos could use it with ease as soon as he got it. He is obviously well versed with the gems

On topic thanos has been stated by the directors that is he stronger than the hulk. He beats hulk down without using a gem. You are just looking for little strings to pull and yet they add nothing to your argument

Conclusion thanos beats both Thor and hulk

Dc fans treat him as a mid tier it’s not like the directors did tons of research on him before creating the film and it doesn’t take a genius to realise thanos is very powerful and the brothers didn’t have trouble showcasing that against hulk.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

On topic thanos wins. He's already beat hulk and beat thor. Putting a weaker thor makes it a worse fight

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos stomps.

sportjames23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By sportjames23

The Avengers better have DCEU Wonder Woman on speed dial to bail them out. ?

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@miekskywalker: malekith the guy needed to use the stone at a perfect time for it to have full effect (someone who can actually use it to its full potential wouldn’t need to wait for nothing it’s the reality gem it does what the user wants)

And right there is where you make a statement without proving it. Thanos at best affected a football area each time he warped reality. At least, it would only be the exact area all characters involved were standing in. I don't recall Thanos doing anything remotely close to what Malekith was doing to shroud the galaxy in darkness. Can you provide with a feat near to this?

He’s been planning his conquest for a long time and would have obviously learnt about the gems before seeking them. No one but thanos knew to break the artifacts to get the gem. Strange trained with the time gem and thanos could use it with ease as soon as he got it. He is obviously well versed with the gems

And this shows us what exactly? Nothing beyond him having an obsession with the Stones. Again, by feats and potential, Malekith displayed the highest amount with the Reality Stone regardless of the Convergence event. Regardless of that event being a tremendous convenience bringing the worlds much closer for 5 minutes, the Aether still needed to span multiple worlds all at once to accomplish it's feat.

On topic thanos has been stated by the directors that is he stronger than the hulk. He beats hulk down without using a gem. You are just looking for little strings to pull and yet they add nothing to your argument

Okay, him being stronger than Hulk without the Stone proves that he didn't have an amp with the Stone involved, how exactly? If Taika said Thor was stronger and all around better than Hulk without his lightning amp, it wouldn't subtract from the fact that he beat Hulk with it on, it would just put the statement into question since he beat him after it was on. The same goes for Thanos. The directors can say what they want, but they clearly didn't have that much foresight when they had both Ronan and Malekith equipped with the Stones.

Conclusion thanos beats both Thor and hulk

You have yet to prove anything you've stated with something verifiable and are concluding he beats them without the Stones? That's jumping the gun.

Dc fans treat him as a mid tier it’s not like the directors did tons of research on him before creating the film and it doesn’t take a genius to realise thanos is very powerful and the brothers didn’t have trouble showcasing that against hulk.

This is a really inconsequential, irrelevant and quite frankly random thing to say. But, okay.

EcoBlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: and when literally everything in the movie where Thanos himself used it disagrees with you? Yes, you’re reaching asf

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecoblitz: I'm not wasting time debating someone that clearly hasn't read what I said and just decided to address me with a point I've already debunked and questioned. Suit yourself and your own wonky logic.

miekskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By miekskywalker

@batman242: Its not a random thing to say he is a high tier more than capable of beating the 2.

Malekith doesn’t even warp reality like thanos did. He doesn’t know how to use it properly

And thanos has warped more than a football pitch knowhere is massive

And finally all directors have different visions. Alan had a different vision compared the the brothers it’s not all going to piece together in a perfect line although much better than the X-Men which was all over the place.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By MethoKi

@miekskywalker: Because he's not warping reality the way Thanos has means he's not using it properly? You do realize that Thanos was making illusions mostly and Malekith was about to change the state of the galaxy permanently, right? For such an item that depends on your creativity, there's no real way to say someone isnt using it properly, they're using it as they see fit.

Even if we were to look at it from your perspective, Malekith was using it more efficiently than Thanos was.

Knowhere is as massive as the entire galaxy? Okay.

EcoBlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: I’ve read what you said, I understand your point. Your point is BULLSHIT. Plain and simple.

It’s funny how you dismiss anyone who doesn’t agree with you as having not “read what you have to say” multiple people have and the conclusion is it’s top tier reaching and BS simple.

EcoBlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: he used it to fire tendrils and actually never used the reality stone to you know, warp reality so yes Thanos has faaaar better knowledge and feats of usage than he does.

OneTwoThree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By OneTwoThree

Thanos defeated Post-Ragnarok Thor and Hulk and now you use Pre-Ragnarok, making it worse...

Thanos wins again.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecoblitz: Just saying that my point is bullshit without acknowledging the fact that both Ronan and Malekith seemingly got permanent amps while wielding the Stones is precisely why I'm not taking you seriously.

If you read what I said, you'd address those points first and foremost, then address how it relates to Thanos. All you've done is come at me and say I'm reaching because....I'm reaching. I'm dismissing you again.

Good day.

EcoBlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: so calling you out for the exact thing you’re doing that is wrong is why you’re dismissing me? Lol okay.

I mean I knew DCEU fans like yourself love to downplay mcu feats, but to go to this length is quite the spectacle.

Your argument and points are BS because they are exactly that, BS Plus reaching multiplied by Downplay raised to the power of 10.

None of your malekieth or Ronan examples matter in the slightest because of literally everything that happened in infinity war concerning the IG.

The whole freaking movie disagrees with you but you must still find a way to downplay. That’s fine tho, I’m pretty sure anyone not and biased and willing to downplay like you with reasoning skills can see what’s going on here

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecoblitz: Could you post anything more irrelevant to the discussion at hand?

Notice in your rambling you still haven't addressed why the Stones acted differently previously.... This is getting tedious.

thatduderox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with Thanos. He flat out beat the Hulk unconscious. And while Mjolnir might help, I'm not sure if it will be enough to be a deciding factor. Thor seemed pretty aware that without weapon to specifically kill Thanos, fighting him would be suicide.

miekskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: I never stated knowhere was as big as a galaxy you said the best he did was a football pitch something along those lines and I said much bigger. So there’s no need to mix up words when I never stated it was as big as a galaxy

Secondly thanos didn’t need a convergence to do so.

Thirdly he warped the surroundings he didn’t make illusions. If he did knowhere would have been destroyed and on fire. Mantis at least would have gotten burnt or someone would have fell down into a broken place. Also starlord shot a laser and it was warped if it was an illusion it would have hit thanos.

If malekith has galaxy feats he shouldn’t have lost to Thor and some poles

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@miekskywalker: Thanos feats of warping reality were temporary and only made to confuse his enemies for a short period of time. That is the textbook definition of an illusion. He blanketed Knowhere to make it look like the Collector was still alive and then revealed that the place was destroyed and that the Collector was dead. He then blanketed Titan while taking to Strange to show him how it looked before it was ruins. How are these not illusions? His only feats of true reality warping are on the gun, blade, and on Drax, Mantis and Peter. I'm not saying that Thanos cannot do better, but by feats it's the best he has done.

Malekith needed the Convergence to shroud all the 9 realms in darkness instantly. The Aether still needed to span each world entirely and Thanos has nothing near to this with the Reality Stone.

This discussion went off the rails, anyway. I'm still not convinced the Stones don't increase stats permanently.

miekskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: Yes the thread had derailed

We can only wait for iw2 thanos apparently has a blade so he must have lost the ig

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onetwothree: Difference is he didn’t defeat them Together

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Thanos, he's far more skilled. Hulk got stomped, and I assume Thor will get similar treatment to when he fought Kurse.

I'm assuming by Base Thanos, you refer to Thanos as of his fight with the Hulk.

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subline: yep that’s the one im referring to

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Cull_Obsidian

@batman242:

Right first off it's stated by the directors during the commentary on the digital release of infinity War that Thanos was not using the stone at all against the hulk or Thor so he has essentially stomped these two before

Although Thor has got mjolnir this won't make much difference considering that it was easily destroyed by hela

hulkuberstomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos stomps hard

He has kicked Hulk's ass so easely

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points