Posted by skywalker95 (3578 posts) 5 months, 22 days ago

Poll: MCU Base Thanos vs MCU Thor And Hulk (120 votes)

Thanos 64%
Duo 36%

Pre Ragnarok Feats, Thor has Mjolnir

Battle on Titan

Morals off, Bloodlusted

#1 Posted by omriamar (7068 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

Avatar image for larcadedragneel
#2 Posted by LarcadeDragneel (1355 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

#3 Posted by Batman242 (11258 posts) - - Show Bio

Team stomps.

Base Thanos has no feats. It's established that the Stone automatically gives it's user an amp, so Hulk was fighting a 2-3 Stone amped Thanos and lost. If someone can give proof that he wasn't amped, that'd be cool.

Until then, I say the team wins.

#4 Edited by Shaladue (552 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: It's weird. Ronan was amped by the power stone clearly but then it was said by directors or something that the power stone didn't amp Thanos.

Anyways team should win anyway. He focuses on one and the other will rush and stagger him then they just literally stomp him out.

#5 Posted by Batman242 (11258 posts) - - Show Bio

@shaladue said:

@batman242: It's weird. Ronan was amped by the power stone clearly but then it was said by directors or something that the power stone didn't amp Thanos.

Anyways team should win anyway. He focuses on one and the other will rush and stagger him then they just literally stomp him out.

That's called WIS if I'm not mistaken.

#6 Posted by jayc1324 (26293 posts) - - Show Bio

Team. I believe that the stones don't amp Thanos' physical stats, so he is still stronger than them and is very durable, but with Thor's flight and the striking power of Mjolnir, I think he and Hulk can take Thanos

#7 Posted by jashugan (6070 posts) - - Show Bio

Base Thanos has no feats. It's established that the Stone automatically gives it's user an amp

citation?

#8 Edited by PayneInTheAss (10787 posts) - - Show Bio

Mjolnir should be enough to give the team a win.

#9 Posted by Batvibe12 (5362 posts) - - Show Bio

Team.

#10 Posted by Chad_Duby (4636 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos.

#11 Posted by incursion2 (1800 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

#12 Edited by Gamer-Guy (3354 posts) - - Show Bio

thanos

#13 Posted by Batman242 (11258 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan said:
@batman242 said:

Base Thanos has no feats. It's established that the Stone automatically gives it's user an amp

citation?

Malekith getting beat up and hurt by Frigga, then getting his face burned by Thor to the point that he can't even stand up, then takes in the Aether and is durable enough to shrug off hits from Mjolnir, countering strikes from Mjolnir and being ragdolled.

Does the Power Stone need an explanation?

It shown that as long as a person is wielding the Stone, they are being permanently buffed by it. I mean, if they could just turn off it's effects, then that would've greatly helped those who'd die from simply wielding it.

#14 Posted by Jirou (531 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos still.

#15 Posted by Shaladue (552 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn people really think Thanos this good?

#16 Posted by Amcu (15429 posts) - - Show Bio

From a feat perspective Duo but I'd be surprised if this went down and Thanos lost.

#17 Posted by jashugan (6070 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: can you provide Thanos stats being boosted just by having any of the stones? Every time he used it within his gauntlet, each stone very clearly shined bright.

#18 Posted by xZone (9598 posts) - - Show Bio

Team wins. Thor is the deciding factor here.

#19 Posted by Batman242 (11258 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan said:

@batman242: can you provide Thanos stats being boosted just by having any of the stones? Every time he used it within his gauntlet, each stone very clearly shined bright.

By default with him wielding it. If we can agree that the Stone is constantly leeching life or whatever it may be to the point that someone with a weak mind and body can be destroyed in moments, why can't it be constantly increasing durability and strength?

Yes, every time he was actively using it it glowed, but it would make sense that the amps would be passive by just wielding it. Malekith wasn't actively using the Aether the entire fight with Thor, but was still tanking hits regardless.

Again, if it's effects could be turned on and off, that would've helped the 6-7 beings that wielded and eventually died due to the power.

#20 Posted by Kevd4wg (11773 posts) - - Show Bio

Team, but I feel like in a fight in a movie Thanos would win

Team stomps.

Base Thanos has no feats. It's established that the Stone automatically gives it's user an amp, so Hulk was fighting a 2-3 Stone amped Thanos and lost. If someone can give proof that he wasn't amped, that'd be cool.

I think this was retconned in Infinity War as I noticed when I watched the movie that the gems lit up whenever Thanos used them

#21 Posted by jashugan (6070 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242:

why can't it be constantly increasing durability and strength?

Because it is very clearly not shown doing so when Thanos puts it in his gauntlet.

but it would make sense that the amps would be passive by just wielding it.

It would "make sense", but it is not shown at all nor is it implied. The opposite is shown when many other stone users had a stone, Thanos & Strange for example.

Malekith wasn't actively using the Aether the entire fight with Thor

Malekith did not have an infinity gauntlet unlike Thanos. The Aether took a different form when Malekith had it compared to when it became the reality stone when Thanos put it in his gauntlet.

if it's effects could be turned on and off, that would've helped the 6-7 beings that wielded and eventually died due to the power.

6 - 7 beings that died? They weren't special enough to touch it like Thanos did. They did not have an Infinity Gauntlet.

#22 Edited by basicfan30 (1400 posts) - - Show Bio

Base Thanos has no feats however he assembled a very powerful team by being right and being very powerful with out the stones. team gets my vote but it'd be damn close in my book. Thor would likely be pushed to god of thunder mode.

#23 Posted by Batman242 (11258 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg said:

@batman242 said:

Team stomps.

I think this was retconned in Infinity War as I noticed when I watched the movie that the gems lit up whenever Thanos used them

Does it really need to light up when giving it's amp regardless of him only doing spectacular things when it does? I mean Thanos really has 0 feats without a Stone involved at all. That'd be the best way to gauge whether or not the Stone's passively do anything. Strength and durability aren't things you can show until the time presents itself and Thanos has only shown these things while wielding the Stone, so this makes it a problem.

When Malekith used the Aether, you can tell he was actively using it when the tendrils would whip out. Yet the weren't around him when he was taking hits from Thor and shrugging them off. I'm gonna need a clear citation that this was retconned, because it's quite hard to believe a being can just stop the Stone from potentially killing them with a thought.

#24 Posted by jashugan (6070 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: It obviously does since that is the new way that the infinity gems contradictory to the old way certain gems worked.

Did you completely ignore infinity where Strange tried to use the time stone and Ebony maw completely trapped him before he could use it? or when Thanos had to activate the time stone to rewind visions death? or when thanos activated the gems to rip the moon or swallow the mirror dimension? or when he activates it to portal out with the space stone? What about when Tony stops the gauntlet from closing with his nano construction so that thanos can't use it? or when strange wraps the gauntlet with his cape? Both directly showing he has to activate a stone by closing his hand or making a gesture?

What's hard to believe there when there's an in universe explanation for how a power works?

#25 Edited by Batman242 (11258 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan: Even before this retcon you guys are proposing, there were only 2 Stones that undoubtedly increased strength and durability and those are the Power and Reality. Pre-'retcon' the Time Stone never did anything, the Mind Stone didn't and neither did the Space Stone. We have actual feats of the first two increasing stats, the others, despite having appearances clearly did nothing in the realm of stats. With it being said that the Power Stone is one of the 2 that shows that it does increase stats and it being one of the Stones Thanos wields in his first on-screen fight, you're gonna be hard pressed to substantiate your argument by just saying "it obviously does".

It simply isn't obvious for the fact that you can't even give me some measurable proof beside saying that it glowed. You'd have a much better argument if you could do:

1. Show me feats of Thanos without any Stones involved and compare his durability then to where he happens to have one equipped.

2. Show me some other source where It's clear a character's durability increased only when the Stone glowed... Ya know, someone who has feats of durability without a Stone involved.

3. Make sense of why a person wielding a Stone that is always siphoning life isn't effecting them otherwise.

Since we only have ONE film that shows ONE character wielding the Stones the entire time Post-'retcon', I'm gonna say you don't have enough of a basis for your argument. Until you can prove undoubtedly to me that the Stones'effects can be switched off, I'm gonna say Thanos was still amped by the Power Stone just by wielding it.

#26 Posted by jashugan (6070 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242:

Is it ever stated that the power stone increases durability at all?

Which stone is always siphoning life?

#27 Posted by Batman242 (11258 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan: No, it hasn't been stated but it's quite clear in what it did Ronan and the same goes for the Reality with what it did to Malekith. These 2 characters have feats of durability prior to wielding their respective Stones and it's quite clear they get a status increase after coming into contact. Thanos is the only one with immeasurable stats otherwise and you would have me just simply accept that all because a Stone wasn't glowing when he wasn't using it.

As far as my understanding goes with the Stones, they all siphone life. It's stated that the wielders mind and body have to be strong enough to touch them to begin with, otherwise they'd die and as I recall from GotG, we witness exactly how that happens. You can even see that the more and more Stones Thanos equips, the more they take a toll, it's just that his body and mind are both more than strong enough to endure the abuse. Does this mean he has some high durability? Sure, I'm willing to agree to that, but the problem is we don't know just how to properly gauge it.

#28 Edited by jashugan (6070 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242:

Thanos is the only one with immeasurable stats otherwise and you would have me just simply accept that all because a Stone wasn't glowing when he wasn't using it.

The movie would have you accept that because they went out of their way to show it every single time he used a stone. Very very clear when Strange grabs thanos with all his clones and thanos activates the gauntlet and forces all the clones back to their main body. If the abilties of the stones we're passive, Thanos wouldn't need to do this. Strange wouldn't need to pull out the stone to see all the possible futures, he'd already know them.

time stone does not siphon life, strange has used it and grabbed it in infinity war to give to Thanos. None of the stones took a toll on Thanos body, but there was visual show of power everytime he put one in his gauntlet.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8a3b8a2f17f
#29 Posted by deactivated-5b8a3b8a2f17f (819 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg said:

@batman242 said:

Team stomps.

Does it really need to light up when giving it's amp regardless of him only doing spectacular things when it does? I mean Thanos really has 0 feats without a Stone involved at all. That'd be the best way to gauge whether or not the Stone's passively do anything. Strength and durability aren't things you can show until the time presents itself and Thanos has only shown these things while wielding the Stone, so this makes it a problem.

When Malekith used the Aether, you can tell he was actively using it when the tendrils would whip out. Yet the weren't around him when he was taking hits from Thor and shrugging them off. I'm gonna need a clear citation that this was retconned, because it's quite hard to believe a being can just stop the Stone from potentially killing them with a thought.

lol Iron Man beating him with his vibranium armor just to bring a single drop of blood is a feat literally without using infinity gauntlet ....Gauntlet is used for attacking feats and Base Thanos was wearing his armor which was more durable than vibranium (Thanos's armor=Corvius Glaive's Sword =same metal ) when Hulk was beating him as much as he can and there was nowhere written Stones getting involved without glowing.....

If i recall Thor used his mjolnir to bring down Cap and Cap used his shield as defensive weapon and thor couldn't bring down .Therefore Thanos's armor could also be as much durable as vibranium to sustain Thor's blow....

#30 Posted by AlexTheBoss (15787 posts) - - Show Bio

If we count what he did against Hulk as base Thanos, then Thanos wins. He beat Hulk pretty easily and Thor is only around the same level as Hulk pre Ragnarok.

#31 Posted by Richubs (2984 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos. The stones didn't amp Thanos at all. We never saw him getting amped by it and the stones worked quite differently in his hands when compared to Ronan or Malekith.

The Aether was acting way differently in the formation we saw in The Dark World. It was in Jane for so long and yet she didn't die when she should've.

It was clearly established in IW that the stones used to glow when he actually used them.

Thanos is handing both of them their asses. We saw how quickly he took Hulk down. He is clearly skilled enough to take both of them. After Hulk is down Thor is going to get his ass beat pretty bad.

#32 Posted by Snoppy_MoMo (764 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk is just gonna job again

#33 Posted by Lan_Fan (12666 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor can just put Mjolnir on his chest.

#34 Posted by Batman242 (11258 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan: I don't thinkyou understand entirely what I'm saying. I'm only referring to the increase in stats on durability and strength. Anything else that each Stone has as a unique ability would clearly need for it to be activated. Did Thanos use strength to send the clones back to the main body? No, he sent out a blast from the Power Stone to achieve this and sending out a blast from a Stone clearly requires activation. Stay increases do not need this. Strange being able to see the future is clearly use of the abilities of the Time Stone. Why would that be passive?

How do you know that the Time Stone doesn't? The medallion Strange wears could easily act as the Orb did for the Power Stone and dampen the effects of the Stone. Has Strange ever come into direct contact with the Stone itself?

A show of power for Thanos you say? You mean the same passive power I've been arguing?

#35 Posted by Batman242 (11258 posts) - - Show Bio

@biswaboxz: Oh look, another person arguing for Thanos not having a stat increases while actively wielding Infinity Stones.

Never talked about USING the Gauntlet or USING the Stones, I'm referring to him accomplishing ever named feat he has thus far while being in possession of at least 2 Stones. That's a simple fact. Now give me feats from Thanos without him having any Stones EQUIPPED.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8a3b8a2f17f
#36 Posted by deactivated-5b8a3b8a2f17f (819 posts) - - Show Bio

@biswaboxz: Oh look, another person arguing for Thanos not having a stat increases while actively wielding Infinity Stones.

Never talked about USING the Gauntlet or USING the Stones, I'm referring to him accomplishing ever named feat he has thus far while being in possession of at least 2 Stones. That's a simple fact. Now give me feats from Thanos without him having any Stones EQUIPPED.

Infinity Gauntlet is weapon that is used for controlling the stones by the user's manipulation otherwise any other person who is not omnipotent using the stones with his bare hands will turn him into pulp(for ref GOG). Equipping the stones doesn't change the fact that Thanos can use its on its own will .U are literally suggesting Thanos can use the Infinity stones without glowing which is a total contradiction to why the infinity gauntlet was made .

#37 Posted by miekskywalker (2021 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: Where’s all this head canon coming from

Directors made it clear in the film every time a stone glew then it was that one being used.

They also stated thanos is stronger than hulk so why would they put in powerstone amps when he doesn’t need them

#38 Posted by ANTHP2000 (23907 posts) - - Show Bio

The screenwriters already said Thanos would kick the Hulk's ass without the Power Stone.

Without Thor's showings in Ragnarok, I'm going with Thanos.

#39 Posted by Stormdriven (17385 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: Thanos started off the movie with only one stone...

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65
#40 Posted by deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65 (4972 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos should stomp.

#41 Posted by WhyZoSerious (1588 posts) - - Show Bio

team stomps. Mjolnir is just too much. Also with 2 opponents, he can't focus entirely on Hulk and the big guy is going to smash him. If he focuses on Hulk, thor will smash him. Anyway, he can't win. Not without prep time and you haven't given him any.

#42 Posted by jashugan (6070 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: there is no indication for anything you've been claiming or assuming in the MCU at this point.

#43 Posted by TheHierarchy (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos beats them up.

#44 Posted by Batman242 (11258 posts) - - Show Bio

@biswaboxz: Guy you clearly haven't read what I've been saying. Instead of going mad and explaining myself again, I suggest you read my other posts to understand my position.

#45 Posted by Batman242 (11258 posts) - - Show Bio

@miekskywalker: Headcannon? Are ANY of you reading what I've been saying in relation to past feats for the Stones? I've stressed my position on this, so read my past posts, all of them.

#46 Posted by Batman242 (11258 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan: Yup, let's just ignore the actual quantifiable feats of durability before and after coming into contact with the Stones I guess.....

#47 Edited by Batman242 (11258 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormdriven: My bad. He had ONE Stone from the very beginning of his very first on-screen fight. How does that subtract from the point I've been making? He still has 0 feats without having a Stone equipped. Regardless whether we agree or not that the Stone was doing anything, fact of the matter is, we've never seen him in an actual fight without a Stone on him. This makes it hard for me to think he's actually that durable and strong alone based on past feats of stats increase. Is this really that hard to understand?

#48 Posted by Aka_aka_aka_ak (2758 posts) - - Show Bio

Duo. Thanos was marginally stronger than Hulk, he won't be able to KO him as before when having to hold Thor off too.

#49 Posted by Helloman (26747 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos wins.

#50 Edited by miekskywalker (2021 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: I read all your posts they are just theories you made up.

They are not bad and have make some sense however the film contradicts all you said.

Stones specifically glow when used

Ask the other users of the infinity gems adds nothing to the points. Aside from strange and Ronan none of them even knew how to use their gem to its full potential.

Malekith had the reality gem and still lost due to his lack of knowledge

And finally we get to thanos who knew exactly how to use them and every time he used one the respective gem glowed.

Thanos’ stats are above Thor and hulk