• 189 results
Avatar image for deactivated-6052e8e44cb84
deactivated-6052e8e44cb84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@rajjarsalt: What do you mean when he fell?

Sure but Thanos sword has already shown it can cut through vibranium

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: What do you mean when he fell?

Sure but Thanos sword has already shown it can cut through vibranium

Like he's about to fall, but then Power stone punches her.

True which makes it uncertain since it's also stated Thanos's sword is above vibranium as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-6052e8e44cb84
deactivated-6052e8e44cb84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: Idk. All we see if Thanos take the power stone then seems to BFR her from with the punch.

His sword is definitely stronger than vibranium since it was made by Etri and Etri made weapons >>>>>>>

Although you could say CM is stronger than vibranium too so it might just be a stalemate

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: When rain fire rounds were stated to be the best in MCU? I really don't understand why tanking these makes Carol more durable than Vibranium when it:

- did less damage to Leviathan than Thor's lightning blast in A1,

- didn't break sorcerers shields while Thanos could do that with a kick.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nn5 said:

@rajjarsalt: When rain fire rounds were stated to be the best in MCU? I really don't understand why tanking these makes Carol more durable than Vibranium when it:

Nah but they do have that one feat of vibranium.

Didn't Rain Fire kill the Leviathan on impact tho

Maybe Thanos scales.

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: The feat is that one Wakandan ship in the background? If so I' d say it's not consistent with rest of rain fire's feats. Maybe rain fire killed that Leviathan but Thor's blast exploded two of them or so.

I wouldn't say Thanos scales. Russos said that Thanos sword is the greatest weapon because it can destroy the shield so I doubt he was going to do anything to vibranium without it (I know concept arts with Thanos one-shotting the shield but that idea seems to be abandoned before production).

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator

@rajjarsalt said:
@nn5 said:

Nah but they do have that one feat of vibranium.

Didn't Rain Fire kill the Leviathan on impact tho

Maybe Thanos scales.

Didnt rain fire bust Wandas shield (that held Thanos by the blade)

And oneshot leviathans and wakandan ships.

No Caption Provided

That seems above vibrainum to be..(I think wakandan ships are vibrainum.)

-------

I guess I dont see any real antifeat for rain fire that would dispute its vibrainum ship bust.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By rajjarsalt

@nn5: IIRC there's a statement from the Ryan Meinerding who drew that art, and pretty much everything else since he's the visuals head or something saying that Cap's shield shattered bc too much energy. That way we can wank Thanos's hits since raw power would be his, the blade just focuses it.

The shattering is different from the piercing and IIRC Thanos accomplishes both (pierces through the shield, then hacks it apart).

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies:

I know its not the same kinda portal but Strange is kinda the BFR king.

Hmmm yeah I originally thought that was just him slamming people into the ground but I can see he is BFRing them to who knows where. I would assume Thanos would be too strong to do that to since it need tendrils to grab the person.

(in the Movies I guess Ive always thought that BFRing Thanos may just delay the inevitable.. like even it was years later Thanos would come back more prepared and Strange knew it?.. not really a CV battle applicable BFR counter, but plot wise one day he’d come back.)

That's definitely possible.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By alextheboss

@rajjarsalt said:
@darthvaderrocks said:

@rajjarsalt: He's not stopping at CM. She can't put him down and I have much more faith in Thanos being able to put her down than the other way around. No MCU character is beating Thanos in a pure slugfest.

Also WoG? What did the Russo's say?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

That more or less implies she is too powerful to quickly deal with, not that she can't be dealt with at all. And that statement also says the scene is supposed to show how powerful Thanos is as well by taking her out. So I would call the statement inconclusive. And Thanos no longer had his sword at that point.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt said:
@darthvaderrocks said:

@rajjarsalt: He's not stopping at CM. She can't put him down and I have much more faith in Thanos being able to put her down than the other way around. No MCU character is beating Thanos in a pure slugfest.

Also WoG? What did the Russo's say?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

That more or less implies she is too powerful to quickly deal with, not that she can't be dealt with at all. And that statement also says the scene is supposed to show how powerful Thanos is as well by taking her out. So I would call the statement inconclusive. And Thanos no longer had his sword at that point.

"There's no way to do it" is referring to "sideline Captain Marvel" and there wouldn't be a realistic way for Thanos to do it if she keeps no-selling his blows.

Yes, how powerful Power Stone Thanos is, since he was the one who took her out.

Plus there's the script that says he was about to fall before he pulled the Power Stone out.

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: IMO it looks like it didn't hit Wanda's shield (though she was protecting herself with it) but instead hit the ground next to her, and she got launched into air and KO'd by the shockwave.

I disagree there are no anti-feats for rain fire. Unless pre-Ragbarok Thor can bust Vibranium with his lightning (as he did more damage than rain fire blast - completely exploded two Leviathans, not just pierced through it's armor) or Thanos can break Vibranium with a kick (like he did with Strange's shield), it's not consistent.

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: It indeed looks like Thanos was hacking/breaking the shield but Russos' WoG implies it's due to sword IMO (though obviously Thanos' strength was necessary too). Also they call the sword 'the greatest weapon which would mean it scales above even Stormbreaker. SB can cut through Thanos' body like knife through butter, while Thanos didn't cut as deeply into the shield with his first strike. I'd assume that Vibranium is just better in piercing/blunt force durability than his body tbh.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt:

"There's no way to do it" is referring to "sideline Captain Marvel" and there wouldn't be a realistic way for Thanos to do it if she keeps no-selling his blows.

Whoever won, it would be an extended fight, so there is no way to just sideline Captain Marvel. And it wouldn't just be CM vs Thanos, everyone else would join in. Thanos has no way to beat her before help comes. At least not without his sword, which was gone at that point.

Yes, how powerful Power Stone Thanos is, since he was the one who took her out.

They said the power of Thanos, not the stone, and I don't think the power of the stone changes between users.

Plus there's the script that says he was about to fall before he pulled the Power Stone out.

What is the definition of fall there though? Lose, or just literally fall over? Not to mention Thanos should logically be way more tired than CM at that point and was also only using one hand.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By rajjarsalt

@alextheboss:

Hmm, so you think CM beats Base Thanos then?

I mean he says "raw power stone" etc. Ig you can argue that there is no difference but he hit her with it, which should be different from regular blows. Consider how amped Ronan got etc

Could be both tbh. But he did sink to his knee. And CM was using one hand too.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: If it's just base Thanos with no weapon, then Captain Marvel should probably win. If it's Thanos with his blade I would side with him, considering his blade should be able to severely damage if not kill CM if it lands.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: If it's just base Thanos with no weapon, then Captain Marvel should probably win. If it's Thanos with his blade I would side with him, considering his blade should be able to severely damage if not kill CM if it lands.

What about her no-selling the railgun rounds that damaged vibranium

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By rajjarsalt
@nn5 said:

@rajjarsalt: It indeed looks like Thanos was hacking/breaking the shield but Russos' WoG implies it's due to sword IMO (though obviously Thanos' strength was necessary too). Also they call the sword 'the greatest weapon which would mean it scales above even Stormbreaker. SB can cut through Thanos' body like knife through butter, while Thanos didn't cut as deeply into the shield with his first strike. I'd assume that Vibranium is just better in piercing/blunt force durability than his body tbh.

Do you think Thor imbuing SB with lightning would help it cut better

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: Thanos should tank those just fine. He ordered his ship to fire on himself, so he didn’t seem to fear the blasts. Also even that one side villain in Black Panther Klaw had a hand canon that one shot a vibranium car. Their vibranium vehicles don’t seem to be as strong as cap’s shield.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: Thanos should tank those just fine. He ordered his ship to fire on himself, so he didn’t seem to fear the blasts. Also even that one side villain in Black Panther Klaw had a hand canon that one shot a vibranium car. Their vibranium vehicles don’t seem to be as strong as cap’s shield.

Sonic cannon would blow up Cap's shield imo

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: Theoretically yes as Thor's lightning could melt Vibranium a little during triple attack in AoU (I'll give that feat mostly to Thor given he has much better feats than Vision/Phase 2 Iron Man). Plus SB seems sharper than Thanos' sword even if they're from same metal. Still Russos' WoG is hard to debate with.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By rajjarsalt

@nn5 said:

@rajjarsalt: Theoretically yes as Thor's lightning could melt Vibranium a little during triple attack in AoU (I'll give that feat mostly to Thor given he has much better feats than Vision/Phase 2 Iron Man). Plus SB seems sharper than Thanos' sword even if they're from same metal. Still Russos' WoG is hard to debate with.

Scaling from combined blasts is pretty hard to do tbh. I'd prefer just scaling it off the max power unibeam which can heat vibranium. I doubt that vibranium is actually heating to blue here (most certainly heating to white/orange and red at the tip).

No Caption Provided

but if so, then Thor is capable of heating vibranium with his own feats.

No Caption Provided

Thor has heated uru to red-hot with his base strikes, though.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nn5: Here's the compilation for Thor.

No Caption Provided

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: IMO we can scale from that blast because Thor by statements has strongest attack potency of the three (IIRC Ultron said only he can stop his plan from suceeding, so only he could destroy Sokovia). IM's unibeam was calced to be around 3 kt, which is small part of energy needed to bust the whole landmass, rest would need to come from Thor. And Vision's Mind Stone beam also lacks good feats in comparison to lightning (Corvus Glaive blocked it effortlessly with his weapon while Thanos was initially pushed back by lightning-powered repulsors in EG). So I'd say Thor did the heavy lifting in melting Ultron.

About Thor hitting the shield, I see the blue flash and looking at both it and IM heating the spire I think it might be vibranium getting heated here imo. The spire also seems to glow blue rather than white in its upper part.

Interesting catch with Uru, never noticed that. It's just Gungir though and AFAIK it never happened with Mjolnir/SB so not sure how consistent it is.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss said:

They were blocked by wizard shields, which Thanos could one shot.

SheevSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheevsmacker said:
@extreme_pickle said:

@sheevsmacker: that wasn't my main point anyways dumbass, my point was strange beats thanos, if you have a problem with that, argue that, not some mistake i made earlier on lmao

Your point was that Strange beats four stoned Thanos, which you later changed to Strange competed with Thanos after literal on screen evidence disproved that. Regardless, Strange's performance against Thanos with four stones has no bearing on how he would perform against Base Thanos given that Thanos was holding back and could have easily destroyed the group on Titan if he actually tried. So your only argument for Strange beating Base Thanos is that he contended with four stoned Thanos, when in actuality, he was thrashed by a considerably holding back Thanos. Your point is rendered null.

SheevSmacker: 1

Extreme_pickle: 1

You are lose

Strange was contending with a holding back 4 stone thanos, Base Thanos has no counter to a bfr or the mirror dimension, Base Thanos loses easily gg.

Base Thanos one shots the fodder Strange. Sub Maw fodder smh.

Yes holding back thanos. 4 stone thanos be stomp they all if he are trying.

extreme_pickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheevsmacker: Maw is a hard counter to strange, strange could just bfr base thanos

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt said:
@alextheboss said:

They were blocked by wizard shields, which Thanos could one shot.

? when did sonic cannon attack wizards?

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: Wait what is the sonic canon? I thought we were talking about the canons on Thanos' ship? If not, I'm pretty sure those destroyed Wakandan ships as well, and were blocked by the wizards.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By rajjarsalt

@alextheboss said:

@rajjarsalt: Wait what is the sonic canon? I thought we were talking about the canons on Thanos' ship? If not, I'm pretty sure those destroyed Wakandan ships as well, and were blocked by the wizards.

Klaue's sonic cannon you mentioned in post 170

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 death4bunnies  Moderator

@alextheboss said:

A very specific sonic frequency renders Vibranium inert.

Like on suris train.

"Sonic stabilizers."

"Sonic what?"

"In its raw form, Vibranium is too dangerous to be transported at that speed, so I developed a way to temporarily deactivate it.
——

I think this is directly from the ultimate comics.

Avatar image for deactivated-602c7ad8beeed
deactivated-602c7ad8beeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ancient One and Strange can win against Thanos because of astral projection. Otherwise, clears imo.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By rajjarsalt

@death4bunnies said:
@rajjarsalt said:
@alextheboss said:

A very specific sonic frequency renders Vibranium inert.

Like on suris train.

"Sonic stabilizers."

"Sonic what?"

"In its raw form, Vibranium is too dangerous to be transported at that speed, so I developed a way to temporarily deactivate it.

——

I think this is directly from the ultimate comics.

Good catch. Vibranium (tho the car isn't solid vibranium, nor is the Panther habit) can easily be rendered unstable via sonics etc

Rain Fire busted it tho etc

Avatar image for deactivated-60ee206c1e31a
deactivated-60ee206c1e31a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos clears. He has the most difficulty with Captain Marvel but could win with his blade. Dr Strange and Ancient One can't be him since he can dodge their slings rings and gateways to the mirror dimension and Ancient One wont be able to push his soul out because she can't get close enough and Thanos is too durable for them to take him down.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: You think that canon is stronger than Thanos' ship canons?

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By rajjarsalt

@alextheboss said:

@rajjarsalt: You think that canon is stronger than Thanos' ship canons?

No but it's funny to entertain that notion. Seems more of vibranium being made unstable etc

Avatar image for deactivated-60d22a069f2ea
deactivated-60d22a069f2ea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stops at 3

Iron_Hand_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers