• 86 results
#1 Posted by sportjames23 (1110 posts) - - Show Bio

The two cinema super teams switch foes, with the Avengers taking on Steppenwolf and his parademons in Russia while the League takes on Loki and the Chitauri in NYC.

However, Superman is not present for the Chitauri fight, while the mightiest Avenger, the Hulk, isn’t there for the parademon fight.

Which team has an easier time?

Avatar image for supremegeneration
#2 Posted by SupremeGeneration (11922 posts) - - Show Bio

Both teams stomp. Steppenwolf was a joke and gets solo'd by MCU Thor while DCEU Wonder Woman carries, soloing Loki.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ace9ec1d0243
#3 Edited by deactivated-5ace9ec1d0243 (3439 posts) - - Show Bio

@supremegeneration: Steppenwolf fought a kryptonian doomsday, took blasts from prime Zeus who casually one shotted motherboxes, fought Diana and Arthur at the same time, and had to strength to leap quarter miles casually. Not a joke.

#4 Posted by AngelJax (11765 posts) - - Show Bio

Steppenwolf wasn't super impressive.

Vision, Wanda, Thor and probably Hulk could solo him. Hell Iron Man probably could too.

#5 Posted by Kevd4wg (12798 posts) - - Show Bio

Both clear, but Avengers have an easier time because of more members and not having to deal with Leviathans

#6 Posted by foxerdes (10263 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League can't really stop the invasion.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#7 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (7567 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think the Avengers could take on Steppenwolf without hulk they definitely cant Separate the mother boxes as Supes struggled to and none of them even remotely have similar strength as him

The league can easily defeat Loki and WW one shots him but they all die from the nuke

Avatar image for deactivated-5abbc73944668
#8 Posted by deactivated-5abbc73944668 (1400 posts) - - Show Bio

Steppenwolf with Parademons wrecks, that whole team combined isn't close to JL Superman level, which is what it took to stop him. Street levelers are taken out by Parademons while Steppy solos Thor.

JL even without Supes takes care of Loki and Chitauri easily, Wonder Woman solos Loki quickly and mercilessly. Aquaman and Flash decimate Chitauri fodder and Cyborg hacks the Leviathans.

#9 Posted by RR79 (6761 posts) - - Show Bio

@supremegeneration: Steppenwolf fought a kryptonian doomsday, took blasts from prime Zeus who casually one shotted motherboxes, fought Diana and Arthur at the same time, and had to strength to leap quarter miles casually. Not a joke.

When did Steppenwolf fight Doomsday?

#10 Posted by Amcu (16934 posts) - - Show Bio

Both teams win.

The Justice League will have a harder time with the Chitauri. Since they don't have Cap they won't have anyone to perfectly coordinate them so that they use there strengths more effectively. They also won't have Thor to bottleneck the portal which means more Chitauri get through and more civilians die.

The Avengers will defeat Steppenwolf and the Parademons with far greater ease than the Justice League. Honestly Thor could just spam lightning on Steppenwolf's head and than kill most all of the Parademons with lightning too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ace9ec1d0243
#11 Posted by deactivated-5ace9ec1d0243 (3439 posts) - - Show Bio

@rr79: It was revealed in his past.

#12 Edited by RR79 (6761 posts) - - Show Bio

@frankthetank40 said:

@rr79: It was revealed in his past.

I must have missed that part. Not saying it didn't happen, just that I don't remember it happening. When I have more time I will rewatch that scene.

Edit: Do you know roughly where the scene is in the movie? I don't really want to watch the whole movie over again right now.

#13 Posted by Paytience (5026 posts) - - Show Bio

Clear. Steppenwolf is probably an easier fight for the Avengers then he was for the league since their skillsets don't consist of: "harharrunpunchharhargetpunchhahhahar....hestoostrongz!!!"

The league has to contend with leviathans. Not sure how they pull that off...but I see no reason why you couldn't just have Flash grab the scepter, close the portal early, and that's the end of it.

#14 Edited by deactivated-5abbc73944668 (1400 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:

Both teams win.

The Justice League will have a harder time with the Chitauri. Since they don't have Cap they won't have anyone to perfectly coordinate them so that they use there strengths more effectively. They also won't have Thor to bottleneck the portal which means more Chitauri get through and more civilians die.

The Avengers will defeat Steppenwolf and the Parademons with far greater ease than the Justice League. Honestly Thor could just spam lightning on Steppenwolf's head and than kill most all of the Parademons with lightning too.

They have Batman.

I disagree.

#15 Posted by Paytience (5026 posts) - - Show Bio

@manonthemountain: Batman is an antisocial sociopath. He's kind of the opposite of a good leader. Remember he part where he tried to run off all cowboy at the final battle and the rest of the League saved him? The Avengers have far better unit leadership. Even Tony has better tactical command then anyone on the league team.

#16 Posted by Chris-Sama (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

How is the league supposed to kill the leviathans. Whats stopping loki from body doubling into aquaman then one shot diana from behind?

#17 Posted by Amcu (16934 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:

Both teams win.

They have Batman.

I disagree.

Does batman have any feats of strategizing in the same way or at a similar scale. I'm talking balancing all of the teams strengths so that they are as effective as possible.

Well I'm afraid I disagree with you. The Paradeoms are fodder they can't do anything to Thor, Hulk or Vision and they would have problems with Iron Man and the street levelers like Hawkeye Captain America and Falcon. Stppenwolf doesn't have the striking power to hurt any of the high tiers with his strikes. He also doesn't have the durability to deal with Thor's lightning. His feat of soloing the League isn't really impressive when you think about the fact that none of them have striking power or durability on the level of Thor or Hulk.

#18 Posted by tj849 (8569 posts) - - Show Bio

Both teams stomp. Steppenwolf was a joke and gets solo'd by MCU Thor while DCEU Wonder Woman carries, soloing Loki.

Lol you must be joking. Wolf has already shown resistance to lightning and he tanked everyone in the league (including Supes) attacks. MCU Avengers do beat him but Thor aint soloing lol

#19 Posted by tj849 (8569 posts) - - Show Bio

How is the league supposed to kill the leviathans. Whats stopping loki from body doubling into aquaman then one shot diana from behind?

Supes can solo the leviathans

#20 Posted by Chris-Sama (3624 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by tj849 (8569 posts) - - Show Bio

@chris-sama: Cyborg solos them then, the flying fox could

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
#22 Posted by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

??????

#23 Posted by Xerolot (2993 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16369 posts) - - Show Bio

#25 Posted by Chris-Sama (3624 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by tj849 (8569 posts) - - Show Bio

@chris-sama: ? Hes a technopath, he shuts them all off.

#27 Posted by Chris-Sama (3624 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by tj849 (8569 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for supremegeneration
#29 Posted by SupremeGeneration (11922 posts) - - Show Bio

@tj849 said:
@supremegeneration said:

Lol you must be joking. Wolf has already shown resistance to lightning and he tanked everyone in the league (including Supes) attacks. MCU Avengers do beat him but Thor aint soloing lol

Correct me if I'm wrong (I seriously don't remember), but Zeus's bolt the thing that put Steppen down, forced him to retreat?

#30 Posted by tj849 (8569 posts) - - Show Bio

@tj849 said:
@supremegeneration said:

Correct me if I'm wrong (I seriously don't remember), but Zeus's bolt the thing that put Steppen down, forced him to retreat?

Dude, he clearly was ready to fight back but he got pushed away, re watch the clip. And the lightning didnt retreat him lol, it was the excessive amount people in the heroes side.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
#31 Edited by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (4592 posts) - - Show Bio

@supremegeneration said:

#32 Posted by foxerdes (10263 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerolot: I wasn't sure how are they going to stop the portal without plot (nuke et cetera) but then again I haven't put much though into it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84a212043e5
#33 Posted by deactivated-5a84a212043e5 (2790 posts) - - Show Bio

Both teams wins pretty easy. JL has a harder time with Leviathans because only cyborg can fly and he's nearly f e a t l e s s . Steppenwolf goes down easily, Thor can solo him. Fodder in each movie is inconsequential.

#34 Posted by ANTHP2000 (27957 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanda solos Steppenwolf.

Diana solos Loki's invasion.

But no one else from either team is doing jack solo on either mission.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
#35 Posted by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

@tj849 said:

@chris-sama: ? Hes a technopath, he shuts them all off.

Ultron hacked Shield and an entire nation and also overpowered JARVIS in technopathy

#36 Posted by deactivated-5abbc73944668 (1400 posts) - - Show Bio

@paytience: Remember the part when he also convinced the other members to revive Superman against their wishes, or the when he literally devised the whole plan to save the world and stop Steppenwolf?

Yeah I want Batman as my team leader.

#37 Posted by mrmonster (15634 posts) - - Show Bio

Both teams win. Wonder Woman or Aquaman could easily handle Loki while the others repel the chitauri, and Thor could take out Steppenwolf while the others handle the parademons.

#38 Edited by deactivated-5abbc73944668 (1400 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:

Does batman have any feats of strategizing in the same way or at a similar scale. I'm talking balancing all of the teams strengths so that they are as effective as possible.

Well I'm afraid I disagree with you. The Paradeoms are fodder they can't do anything to Thor, Hulk or Vision and they would have problems with Iron Man and the street levelers like Hawkeye Captain America and Falcon. Stppenwolf doesn't have the striking power to hurt any of the high tiers with his strikes. He also doesn't have the durability to deal with Thor's lightning. His feat of soloing the League isn't really impressive when you think about the fact that none of them have striking power or durability on the level of Thor or Hulk.

Yes it was his plan to bring back JL Supes which arguably save the whole day, and it was his plan on how to fight Steppenwolf and save the world, and it was also his whole plan to form the Justice League anyways, Cap ripped apart the Avengers. Cap may have a better eye for small unit tactics, but Batman is a better strategist and end game player.

The Parademons are tougher fodder than anything the Avengers have yet seen. The street levelers are going to have legitimate problems with even one, even the high levelers will find them a good distraction. Steppenwolf has the Electroaxe, if he swipes someone they turn into Parademons. The Avengers do not have Hulk as per OP. He one shots all street levelers, but he'd most likely be fighting Thor anyways. He does have durability to deal with Thor's lightning. Wonder Woman is absolutely superior to both Thor or Hulk, I could make a case for Cyborg and Aquaman not being too far behind. And of course in all this you're forgetting Flash, who would vaporize Chitauri left and right.

Without Hulk, Steppenwolf stomps the Avengers.

Even without Superman, League can defeat Loki and Chitauri.

#39 Posted by Evil-Incarnate (7122 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by deltahuman (4985 posts) - - Show Bio

The Avengers can't defeat Steppenwolf without Hulk and Thor combined. Steppenwolf shrugged off Zues's lightning, Diana's sword strikes, Ares's axe, Heat vision among others. He's durable enough to be bullied by JL Superman and still continue fighting. He was taken out only when his Axe broke. Avengers can't defeat him. He will keep Thor busy untill one finishes off the other. I'm betting on Wolf winning eventually based on some of his feats mentioned above. Meanwhile, Parademons finish off Cap, Clint and Widow quickly. Cap could take out a few with extreme effort. Tony will probably be busy trying to figure out how to separate the mother boxes but he won't be able to do it since he can't interface with it. He'll probably take out a bunch of Parademons until his missiles run out or his power runs out. Outcome Steppenwolf kills all and transforms earth into Apokolips. I don't think nuking could stop the mother boxes.

Meanwhile, Without superman, the league's only hope is Cyborg. First of all, Thor did bottleneck the portal and stopped multiple Leviathans from even reaching down. Diana would kill Loki easily and Arthur will bully all the Chitauri. Flash will take out many. Batman takes out many with the Flying Fox and Batmobile. But main problem is the leviathan's. Cyborg would probabaly fly through them, do something. I just don't know how they take out a bunch of leviathan's. Cyborg is the best bet. His technopathy. With Loki out, closing the portal should be easy. JL will take quite some time destroying the leviathans. Diana's gauntlet blasts can probably be effective.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#41 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11946 posts) - - Show Bio

Without Superman, I don't see the league stopping the invasion. However, with Superman, this would a spite match up, he'd just fly through those Leviathans, kills them and then have Cyborg to shut the portal, problem solved "a nuke won't be required". The Avengers on the other hand will eventually defeat Steppenwolf with moderate difficultly and prevent him from turning the Earth into a shittier version of itself using the mother boxes.

#42 Edited by Khael (15331 posts) - - Show Bio
@thebestofthebest said:

Without Superman, I don't see the league stopping the invasion. However, with Superman, this would a spite match up, he'd just fly through those Leviathans, kills them and then have Cyborg to shut the Portal, problem solved. The Avengers on the other hand will eventually defeat Steppenwolf with moderate difficultly and prevent him from turning the Earth into a shittier version of itself using the mother boxes.

I do agree, though if things get out of hand for Justice League, they do have Flash's time travel and Cyborg's technopathy

#43 Posted by Amcu (16934 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes it was his plan to bring back JL Supes which arguably save the whole day, and it was his plan on how to fight Steppenwolf and save the world, and it was also his whole plan to form the Justice League anyways, Cap ripped apart the Avengers. Cap may have a better eye for small unit tactics, but Batman is a better strategist and end game player.

The Parademons are tougher fodder than anything the Avengers have yet seen. The street levelers are going to have legitimate problems with even one, even the high levelers will find them a good distraction. Steppenwolf has the Electroaxe, if he swipes someone they turn into Parademons. The Avengers do not have Hulk as per OP. He one shots all street levelers, but he'd most likely be fighting Thor anyways. He does have durability to deal with Thor's lightning. Wonder Woman is absolutely superior to both Thor or Hulk, I could make a case for Cyborg and Aquaman not being too far behind. And of course in all this you're forgetting Flash, who would vaporize Chitauri left and right.

Without Hulk, Steppenwolf stomps the Avengers.

Even without Superman, League can defeat Loki and Chitauri.

1. I disagree. Could you show Batman specifically giving orders to the Justice League that would highlight their strengths?

2. I don't recall any good durability feats from them or any damage output feats. Batman was taking them down. None of the street levelers besides Black Widow would have an issue with them. Hawkeye would blow them up with explosive arrows. Why would the high levelers find them a good distraction?

3. When did he do that to a named characters. I see no reason to believe he could do that to someone with above human level durability.

4. I wholeheartedly disagree. I see no reason to believe that he can tank Bifrost busting lightning that is ten times as powerful as Mjolnir strikes form Pre Ragnarok Thor. Wonder Woman is superior to Hulk and Thor in terms of speed. Her durability doesn't compare and her striking power is many levels below theirs. Sure Flash could vaporize Chitauri but he can't really do anything to the Leviathans and he can't be everywhere at once.

5. I disagree. Infact I imagine Thor would solo.

6. I already said they could do it. I just said there would be more casualties.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
#44 Edited by deactivated-5b728068f211c (7069 posts) - - Show Bio

They won't beat Ultron.

Ultron will survive even if they destroy his body.

Edit: Oh wait, so it's Avengers 1 and JL? both clear then.

#45 Posted by deactivated-5abbc73944668 (1400 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:

1. I disagree. Could you show Batman specifically giving orders to the Justice League that would highlight their strengths?

2. I don't recall any good durability feats from them or any damage output feats. Batman was taking them down. None of the street levelers besides Black Widow would have an issue with them. Hawkeye would blow them up with explosive arrows. Why would the high levelers find them a good distraction?

3. When did he do that to a named characters. I see no reason to believe he could do that to someone with above human level durability.

4. I wholeheartedly disagree. I see no reason to believe that he can tank Bifrost busting lightning that is ten times as powerful as Mjolnir strikes form Pre Ragnarok Thor. Wonder Woman is superior to Hulk and Thor in terms of speed. Her durability doesn't compare and her striking power is many levels below theirs. Sure Flash could vaporize Chitauri but he can't really do anything to the Leviathans and he can't be everywhere at once.

5. I disagree. Infact I imagine Thor would solo.

6. I already said they could do it. I just said there would be more casualties.

1. He told the Flash to save one person using his speed. Superman explicitly asked him how he could help when he arrived. He assembled the JL, resurrected Superman and came up with the plan to stop Steppenwolf. He was essentially the mastermind behind all of them, I'm not sure how much more specific you need me to be. His tactics and strategy is what moved them all forward.

2. They were essentially depicted as Batman level, and they're certainly tougher and stronger than Chitauri fodder. One carried him away at one point, showing they have at least above average strength. In the flashback they were also fighting particularly well. In the opening scene Batman had a tough time capturing even one. The street levelers would get taken out by swarms, and Hulk was given a nose bleed by Chitauri rifle fire so they were obviously a decent distraction even for Hulk.

3. He didn't to any named characters, but you can clearly see in the flashback it does just that. It is one of his axes powers.

4. The reason is that Zeus Olympian level lightning merely angered him. Zeus one shotted Ares, and one shotted the planetary strength of unity. His lightning is obviously quite powerful, considering he is an Olympian god of lightning and not an advanced alien like Thor. WW is quite superior to Thor in strength as well. The other league members are more than a match for Chitauri fodder.

5. Lol.

6. Agreed.

#46 Posted by sportjames23 (1110 posts) - - Show Bio

@superentity: I considered using Ultron and his drones, but thought it might not be a challenge with Cyborg on the team.

#47 Edited by Amcu (16934 posts) - - Show Bio

@manonthemountain said:

1. He told the Flash to save one person using his speed. Superman explicitly asked him how he could help when he arrived. He assembled the JL, resurrected Superman and came up with the plan to stop Steppenwolf. He was essentially the mastermind behind all of them, I'm not sure how much more specific you need me to be. His tactics and strategy is what moved them all forward.

2. They were essentially depicted as Batman level, and they're certainly tougher and stronger than Chitauri fodder. One carried him away at one point, showing they have at least above average strength. In the flashback they were also fighting particularly well. In the opening scene Batman had a tough time capturing even one. The street levelers would get taken out by swarms, and Hulk was given a nose bleed by Chitauri rifle fire so they were obviously a decent distraction even for Hulk.

3. He didn't to any named characters, but you can clearly see in the flashback it does just that. It is one of his axes powers.

4. The reason is that Zeus Olympian level lightning merely angered him. Zeus one shotted Ares, and one shotted the planetary strength of unity. His lightning is obviously quite powerful, considering he is an Olympian god of lightning and not an advanced alien like Thor. WW is quite superior to Thor in strength as well. The other league members are more than a match for Chitauri fodder.

5. Lol.

6. Agreed.

1. That's not the same as what Steve did. Steve told Hawkeye to get on the roof of a building so that he could keep up a consistent barrage of arrows on the ships and inform them of any patterns he saw in the Chitauri and any stray ships that they would need to take care of. He had Iron Man go to the perimeter and keep any of the Chitauri from getting out of the city. He told Thor to bottleneck the portal stopping the Chitauri from getting through. I don't recall Batman doing anything like that. Telling flash to save a civilian and strategizing that they needed Superman isn't that good. I mean that was very obvious.

2. Batman level isn't tougher than Chitauri. The Chitauri made Cap strain a lot and had the durability to withstand falling so hard that they demolished Cars. The Avengers street levers did fine against Ultron bots that can causally lift the majority of a car with one hand and were bulletproof. Did the Paradeoms blasters have any feats on the level of the Chitauri ship's blasters? Thor has no sold small town sized explosions like this. Their blaster aren't doing anything to him.

Loading Video...

3. Sure but he didn't do it to any Superhumans which means only the street levelers would need to worry. If you want say he could do that to the high tiers than I could say that Kurse would suck the life out of Superman(and everyone else in the DCEU) like he did the Asgardian guards. But he has never done that to anyone close to Superman level and he didn't do it to Thor. Its like the exact same situation as Steppenwolf's ax.

4. Zeus being an Olympian doesn't make him more impressive than Thor. Thor was repeatedly called a god in Ragnarok as well. The Motherboxes were slowly transforming the planet. If you want to say that's planet level than I can say that Thor destroying the Bifrost is planet level because it was slowly destroying a planet. You could say Wonder Woman is stronger than Thor but only if you scale her to Doomsday and she really doesn't seem close to as strong as Doomsday to me. Her own strength feats aren't better than Thor's and her striking feats aren't that impressive either.

5. Okay

6. Than were agreed that the Justice League defeat the Chitauri. I personally think the Avengers would beat the Parademons and Steppenwolf too.

Avatar image for supermanforever
#48 Posted by Supermanforever (8541 posts) - - Show Bio

he isnt soloing steppenwolf

#49 Edited by deactivated-5abbc73944668 (1400 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu:

1. I just disagree. Bruce displayed a greater strategic mind the Steve, both in BvS and JL. He also has sound knowledge of tactics and his prep is legendary, he'd have the league in as good if not a better position than Cap.

2. I disagree, the Parademons are tougher and had better feats than Chitauri. They're both fodder to the high levelers like Thor, but they'd be more than a match in numbers for street levelers.

3. I can agree with this, the problem is the only two that fit your description are Thor and Vision. Everyone else would be susceptible to it, and thus in danger of getting one shotted.

4. Yes it does. He created DCEU humans and amazonians and has power of creation, and lol he is not a god. Huh? First of all, when was bifrost destroying a planet? And second, Earth is MUCH larger than Asgard, it's really not even comparable. I say Wonder Woman is stronger than Thor based off having better strength feats than Thor, simple, I don't have to scale her from Doomsday to come to that conclusion. Her striking feats include her sword which lol at not being impressive, it sliced Doomsday who tanked a nuke and got stronger.

5. Needless to say I disagree. Steppenwolf stomps Thor, and could arguably solo himself.

6. I can agree on 1/2 of that.

Avatar image for supermanforever
#50 Posted by Supermanforever (8541 posts) - - Show Bio

@foxerdes said:

Justice League can't really stop the invasion.

they will. Supes just take some coca cola and chills up there close to portals and everythings that enters trough gets killed at superspeed until chitauri army is finished.