#1 Edited by skywalker95 (4287 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
  • Purely a H2H Fight, No flight, lasers, bladed weapons
  • Bloodlusted
  • Win by KO or Death
#2 Posted by Sovngarde (536 posts) - - Show Bio

Abomination takes this.Iron Man was trashed by Cull Obsidian.

Avatar image for captainsweatpan
#3 Posted by CaptainSweatpan (307 posts) - - Show Bio

Only one of these two made Thanos bleed and took a meteor

#4 Posted by Subline (7024 posts) - - Show Bio

Only one of these two is in Infinity War.

#5 Posted by Subline (7024 posts) - - Show Bio

Abomination wins, it's a closer match if they are going all out.

#6 Posted by ANTHP2000 (25870 posts) - - Show Bio

@subline said:
@captainsweatpan said:

Only one of these two is in Infinity War.

Lmao

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#7 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (15445 posts) - - Show Bio

Abom

Avatar image for celestialknight
#8 Posted by CelestialKnight (1460 posts) - - Show Bio

Abomination

Avatar image for panda_emperorix
#9 Posted by panda_emperorix (3623 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony

#10 Posted by Amcu (16278 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony borderline if not outright stomps.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#11 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (10537 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:

#12 Edited by KingLouie (3004 posts) - - Show Bio

Abomination

lol @ Tony stomping

#13 Posted by CaptainSweatpan (307 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by APEX_pretador (19723 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony stomps

#15 Posted by GeorgeWBush (11593 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony

Abomination doesn’t have the damage output to win

#16 Posted by death4bunnies (751 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony, without much effort.

He held his own against thanos, abomination lost to a much earlier hulk.

Avatar image for primainterpares
#17 Posted by PrimaInterPares (90 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony didn't "hold his own"

#18 Posted by Jack_Hart (837 posts) - - Show Bio

Abomination smashes Tony.

#19 Edited by death4bunnies (751 posts) - - Show Bio

@primainterpares:

IW Ironman redirected at power stone blast, and more importantly 100% tanked a small meteor.

That meteor was flying at least fast enuf for it to catch fire.

IW Ironman was also undamaged by Cull, who matched the hulk-buster, and had weapons.

Given those feats how does Abomination put stark down??

#20 Posted by PrimaInterPares (90 posts) - - Show Bio

@death4bunnies: He had some impressive feats for sure, but "hold his own" implies Thanos couldn't pretty much crush him any time he wanted to.

#21 Posted by death4bunnies (751 posts) - - Show Bio

@primainterpares:

Let’s talk about tactics.

Ironman has fought 2 abomination style opponents, Hulk (with the hulk buster) and Cull.

The Hulk fight isn’t very combat applicable, because he used a suit specifically designed for the task.

The Cull fight actually shows how Stark will win. Tony ragdolled Cull with his nano tech repulsers, and Cull was only later able to redirect them with his shield. Abomination doesn’t have the luxury of those weapons here.

Ironman also kept his distance with Cull. Cull was only able to overcome this with his extendable grappling weapon. Another weapon adavange Abomination doesn’t have here.

If Tony fights Abomination the way he did Cull, then he wins 100% of the time, mid dif.

#22 Edited by death4bunnies (751 posts) - - Show Bio

@primainterpares:

He gained his respect.

I believe the key word Thanos used here was “gained”.

Edit: I just rewatched, thanos says “you ‘have’ my respect Stark”. I was wrong, but i think my point still stands.

#23 Posted by PrimaInterPares (90 posts) - - Show Bio

@death4bunnies: Not saying Tony doesn't win, but I think saying he held his own is misrepresentative of the context.

#24 Posted by PayneInTheAss (11199 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
#25 Edited by EternalDarkFury (400 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by CyberpunkCop (2971 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man Abomination isn't damaging his suite

#27 Posted by Hypnos0929 (6491 posts) - - Show Bio

Abomination, no question in my mind. Everyone acting like Hulk has had good fighting feats since that movie when all he's done is kill fodder, destroy something with the agility of an autistic worm, get nearly killed by Fenrir and get stomped by Thanos.

Abomination is a military trained hulk level being.

Also if this is really a slug fest you've gotta ask yourself how long is it gonna be before Iron man gets a concussion or ruptured organ in that suit. We know Abomination hits like Hulk, and even if Tony gets to ignore 95% of the damage he dishes out eventually that 5% will add up, and human bodies aren't meant to take that much force.

I don't like how in debates we ignore the obvious fact that plot protects heroes, throw physics and basic logic and Tony hasn't got a chance.

#28 Edited by CaptainSweatpan (307 posts) - - Show Bio

@hypnos0929: Tony survived a meteor that created a shock wave not Abom or hulk have ever created and Tony seemed to be able to take Thanos' hits just fine before he ran out of nanites, you bringing in real life physics ignores the whole fiction concept of "Ironman"

And a slug fest means you ignore things like training and if you don't want to, Ironmans suit analysed Steves fighting pattern in about 5 seconds then proceeded to out skill him so Aboms training doesn't amount to anything here

And current Hulk>Abom, the Hulk Abom fought never tanked being piledriven from the top of a skyscraper

Question, do you see Abom making thanos bleed?

#29 Edited by Lord_Titan_ (2562 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron man gets trashed, abominations strength is comparable to hulk, iron man relied solely on his blasters and nanotech to win that fight, not h2h

#30 Posted by CaptainSweatpan (307 posts) - - Show Bio

@lord_titan_: Do you see Abom making Thanos bleed with his punches?

#31 Posted by Jack_Hart (837 posts) - - Show Bio

@primainterpares:

The Cull fight actually shows how Stark will win. Tony ragdolled Cull with his nano tech repulsers, and Cull was only later able to redirect them with his shield. Abomination doesn’t have the luxury of those weapons here.

Ironman also kept his distance with Cull. Cull was only able to overcome this with his extendable grappling weapon. Another weapon adavange Abomination doesn’t have here.

If Tony fights Abomination the way he did Cull, then he wins 100% of the time, mid dif.

Tony can't fly or use repulsors against Abomination, and since blades are out too I'm assuming other CQC equipment such as the shield and piledrivers are also out and this is purely fisticuffs. I don't think Tony's winning such a scenario against Abomination anymore than he would against Cull.

#32 Posted by Lord_Titan_ (2562 posts) - - Show Bio

@lord_titan_: Do you see Abom making Thanos bleed with his punches?

Tony has a higher damage output but crappy durability, abomination has a lower damage output but has enough damage output to smash tony, tony cannot fly here, he gets smashed

#33 Posted by CaptainSweatpan (307 posts) - - Show Bio

@lord_titan_: Tony tanked a meteor that created an insane shock wave when it hit the ground, Tony actually has better durability feats than Abom

#34 Posted by Hypnos0929 (6491 posts) - - Show Bio

@hypnos0929: Tony survived a meteor that created a shock wave not Abom or hulk have ever created and Tony seemed to be able to take Thanos' hits just fine before he ran out of nanites, you bringing in real life physics ignores the whole fiction concept of "Ironman"

Tony surviving doesn't mean anything, the question is whether or not he can keep going. Abomination isn't a meteor that's gonna stop pushing him down, he's going to keep swinging.

And again with Thanos, he didn't even look like he was trying to kill anyone. I'd even argue that he purposefully avoided killing blows because of his ultra high sense of balance. And as you admit his nanites will run out, and nothing bar the hulk strangling him even slowed him down.

And bringing in real physics is what we do in every debate here, I'm just using it to a higher degree. Tony was K.Od after his fall in Avengers 1, which tells us the only thing that kept him from death is the plot.

And a slug fest means you ignore things like training and if you don't want to, Ironmans suit analysed Steves fighting pattern in about 5 seconds then proceeded to out skill him so Aboms training doesn't amount to anything here

Tony isn't overpowering Abomination at all in that case. And as for a style analysis that doesn't mean anything, Tony won't have his lasers here or repulsors while Abomination is use to hand to hand combat. Also don't compare Captain America to modern Americas elite military, if we're being completely honest Steve is a boxer, an average one at best, first and foremost. The only reason people act like Steve is good is because he's able to overpower all of his opponents easily, if he weren't a super human then I'd give him props but he isn't. His skills depend on his strength.

And current Hulk>Abom, the Hulk Abom fought never tanked being piledriven from the top of a skyscraper

There's no proof that the Hulk has gotten stronger since the 2008 movie. All we know is he has more feats in different areas, if you wanna talk strength his clap that put out the helicopter fire is one of his best feats to date. We saw Abomination prior to his transformation easily out maneuver the Hulk.

Question, do you see Abom making thanos bleed?

Absolutely. Thanos was not stronger than the Hulk, he was only able to out maneuver and out skill him similar to how Prime Mike Tyson could kill a body builder. On this site people overestimate the fact that skill is a huge part in any fight. And as the post says, no flight, we see Tony lose one of his best advantages over a stronger person.

#35 Edited by CaptainSweatpan (307 posts) - - Show Bio

@hypnos0929: whether abomination will keep going or not he isn't exceeding the damage output of that meteor, and if you disagree give me a striking feat that makes you say so

Saying Ironman will get a concussion or ruptured organ doesn't make any sense if you know the concept of Ironman, the suit protects him from that thats the whole concept of Ironman and if you disagree give me a time when this happened to Ironman, give me a time when Ironmans suit was fine but he got damaged inside, if you can't then that theory is just your own head canon and when was Tony koed in Avengers? I think you're referencing the time he ran out of power, he wasn't koed and regarding his nanites running out, his suit has to be damaged first so his healing factor can kick in which is what eventually runs them put, what feats does Abom have to make Tony need his healing factor?

Thanos overpowered the Hulk quiet clearly, Hulk had his hands on him grappling him and Thanos took them off showing superior strength and koed him in a few punches, he koed the same person that tanked being piledriven through a skyscraper, punches Tony tanked a good amount of, punches that exceed Abominations feats

Give me Abominations feats that make you think he wins or can make Thanos bleed, feats and not your opinion or head canon, if you scale him off of the Hulk give me feats for Hulk in The Incredible Hulk movie that make you say even that Hulk could win this fight against Tonys IW armor because as of the first Avengers movie Hulk had better feats than his solo movie and Abomination shouldn't scale to that. The proof that Hulk got stronger is that he got better feats, it's simple

#36 Edited by greenroost (805 posts) - - Show Bio

besides the mcu infinity war's outliers (that iron man was hit by a meteor and tony scratched thanos)

iron man wins anyone because all he has to do is shoot him from high in the sky where abomination cannot jump to hit him (even off a tall building) and eventually that'll take down abomination running wouldn't do abomination any good either because of iron man's blasts long-range

iron man takes this easily

#37 Posted by Amcu (16278 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebestofthebest said:
@amcu said:

Eh, how?

I'd argue its better in every relevant way.

Strength wise the Mark L was able to break out of restraints that could restrain one of Thanos's arms.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And able to block and resist blows from Thanos while his suit is horribly damaged and Thanos is trying to kill him.

No Caption Provided

For comparison I personally think Hulk in his first film was at his weakest and Mark Rufallo stated that he was much angrier in Ragnarok for a long time(Likely due to being Hulk for years). Yet even back in the first Hulk film he still managed to overpower Abomination once he got angry enough.

No Caption Provided

In IW Hulk on the other hand was overpowered by Thanos in a very similar fashion.

No Caption Provided

So with simple scaling Thanos>>Hulk=>Iron Man>Abomination.

Durability wise I don't think its even remotely close.
Tony could take blows from Cull Obsidian's hammer that sent him flying for at least a kilometer and through a building.

No Caption Provided

You can see that there are no buildings for him to slam into into for thousands of feet and no park is visible whatsoever.

No Caption Provided

So this blow sent him flying a ridiculous distance and yet he tanked it and continued to tank blows from Cull's hammer without so much as a visible scratch.

Than we have him tanking a meteor slamming into him at speeds so fast it was heating up just from moving through the air.

No Caption Provided

That's well beyond Abomination IMO.

To add to that is his nano tech which grants him a ridiculously fast healing factor that allowed him to heal back damage from Thanos.

No Caption Provided

And at his maximum reserve he should have quite a bit of extra nano-tech as he used it on a number of weapons throughout the film.

Than finally Mark L has the striking to harm Thanos.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Same Thanos who is seemingly more durable than Vibranium, could tank repeated blows from the Hulk with no problem and took a powerful direct blast of Thor's lightning.

No Caption Provided

When weaker lightning could daze the Hulk.

No Caption Provided

Basically Tony is notably stronger, has far better durability, a healing factor and far better striking. Just considering that Tony beats Abomination easily.

#38 Posted by death4bunnies (751 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack_hart:

Dam I really need to start reading OPs.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
#39 Posted by SupremeGeneration (11453 posts) - - Show Bio

@hypnos0929 said:

Abomination, no question in my mind. Everyone acting like Hulk has had good fighting feats since that movie when all he's done is kill fodder, destroy something with the agility of an autistic worm, get nearly killed by Fenrir and get stomped by Thanos.

Abomination is a military trained hulk level being.

Also if this is really a slug fest you've gotta ask yourself how long is it gonna be before Iron man gets a concussion or ruptured organ in that suit. We know Abomination hits like Hulk, and even if Tony gets to ignore 95% of the damage he dishes out eventually that 5% will add up, and human bodies aren't meant to take that much force.

I don't like how in debates we ignore the obvious fact that plot protects heroes, throw physics and basic logic and Tony hasn't got a chance.

First off, Abomination being military trained didn't help him against the Hulk.

No Caption Provided

With just a little bit of reach, the supposedly far better trained soldier got absolutely humiliated. His training means squat in most battles.

Secondly is your applying physics to comic book debates... Our physics don't apply to those of comic books. Just because something happens in our world one way doesn't mean it'll happen in a movie the same way. I do agree with you that internal damage will take place (such as when he was bleeding against Thanos, or those "multiple contusions" in Civil War), I just disagree with the way you're arguing for it.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
#40 Posted by SupremeGeneration (11453 posts) - - Show Bio

give me a time when Ironmans suit was fine but he got damaged inside

In Civil War, when Wanda dropped the cars on him. "Multiple contusions detected."

Want something for Infinity War?

No Caption Provided

It's slowed down, but a single punch from Thanos has him bleeding. He wasn't bleeding before this.

#41 Posted by Gaoron (8325 posts) - - Show Bio

H2h only? Abomination. Full gear? Tony.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#42 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (10537 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man one-shots.

#43 Edited by CaptainSweatpan (307 posts) - - Show Bio

@supremegeneration: okay so let's ignore all the times he took more powerful hits and was fine afterwards because the armor that got damaged by super soldiers didn't protect him properly

Never noticed the infinity war one but then again that's thanos and he spanks Abom and it's a feat for Thanos since Ironman took a meteor in the same fight

#44 Posted by Hypnos0929 (6491 posts) - - Show Bio

@supremegeneration:

That wasn't a little reach. That was half a car's length, also it's damn near impossible to dodge a punch from a glove that's a third the length of your body. If you watch the rest of the fight it's pretty clear Abomination has a tactical advantage. He beats Hulk pretty badly up until the pis ending where hulk is somehow strong enough to break the ground but not to the point the buildings basement caves. Also Abomination laughed at those hits.

@hypnos0929: whether abomination will keep going or not he isn't exceeding the damage output of that meteor, and if you disagree give me a striking feat that makes you say so

The simple fact of the matter is I don't need to, it's an outlier feat for Iron man. You can't prove that he can replicate that feat or show me any feat even close to it. Outlier feats are not counted for a very good reason, they often indicate plot armor

Saying Ironman will get a concussion or ruptured organ doesn't make any sense if you know the concept of Ironman, the suit protects him from that thats the whole concept of Ironman and if you disagree give me a time when this happened to Ironman, give me a time when Ironmans suit was fine but he got damaged inside, if you can't then that theory is just your own head canon and when was Tony koed in Avengers? I think you're referencing the time he ran out of power, he wasn't koed and regarding his nanites running out, his suit has to be damaged first so his healing factor can kick in which is what eventually runs them put, what feats does Abom have to make Tony need his healing factor?

When his suit lost power and he hit the ground? Power to a machine doesn't act as a product that would reduce the damage caused by a fall. Tony was the definition of a concussion and was out for almost 30 seconds in the first Avengers film.

Also watch the Thanos fight again, when the helmet is removed the first time from Tony's head he had no cuts, but after he was hit by Thanos, in the arms by the way, he had cuts and bruises on the face which means 1 of 3 things. 1) Thanos hits harder than a meteor, 2) There was an editing mistake or 3) Tony got hurt by the meteor.

Abomination has a healing factor of his own, which we saw was keeping him in league with the Hulk.

Thanos overpowered the Hulk quiet clearly, Hulk had his hands on him grappling him and Thanos took them off showing superior strength and koed him in a few punches, he koed the same person that tanked being piledriven through a skyscraper, punches Tony tanked a good amount of, punches that exceed Abominations feats

Thanos didn't overpower Hulk he out maneuvered him, watch the fight again. After Hulk lands his initial blow Thanos uses the weakest parts of Hulk's hands to push him back then proceeds to carefully dodge all the other hits. Hulk's hits were clearly the harder of the two but Thanos knew how to fight. Also there's no proof the nanite armor is superior in strength to the Hulk Buster armor. And you keep bringing up the skyscraper feat but forget that Abomination was taking face shots from the Hulk and shrugging them off. Abomination wasn't even beaten by Hulk's strength alone, he was caught wth his foot in the ground (which didn't make sense since they were on a building site So the foundation should've made him fall completely through) and choked out with a chain. The blunt force wasn't the thing that stopped Abomination it was the fact his airway got cut off.

Give me Abominations feats that make you think he wins or can make Thanos bleed, feats and not your opinion or head canon, if you scale him off of the Hulk give me feats for Hulk in The Incredible Hulk movie that make you say even that Hulk could win this fight against Tonys IW armor because as of the first Avengers movie Hulk had better feats than his solo movie and Abomination shouldn't scale to that. The proof that Hulk got stronger is that he got better feats, it's simple

The fact he stabbed Hulk, and beat him during 90% of the fight. The fact that Abomination has the ability to pierce Thanos' skin, also don't forget that when Thanos fought Hulk he had on armor, so he was both better protected and we never saw any under injuries like potential cuts or bruises. Also if you want to count feats Edward Norton's Hulk dented substance that appears to be adamantium, we know this via agents of shield (season 2 episode 15). And since that's the best hulk striking feat in movie canon it's clear that Abomination being able to take any angry hits from that hulk is a better feat.

Also better feats doesn't mean stronger, it's justa better feat. There's no evidence within the mcu canon that hulk gets stronger over time.

#45 Posted by CaptainSweatpan (307 posts) - - Show Bio

@hypnos0929: I literally disagree with everything you said but I just can't bring myself to reply to such a long post again so let's agree to disagree

#46 Posted by PayneInTheAss (11199 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu: Solid post, but I see a flaw here, that should be resolved by asking OP

Sure , Tony has great durability, but the one part I´m not sold is on his striking power. Since the gifs you posted, show Tony hitting Thanos with some kind of weaponary, meaning, it´s not pure H2H.

So , if those are aviable, sure, I´ll concede, most likely, but for now I´ll say that he lacks the striking power.

#47 Posted by mexcomics2078 (2414 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony take this

#48 Posted by Amcu (16278 posts) - - Show Bio

@payneintheass: I see your point but you could say his whole suit is weaponry.

Additionally Tony has scaling to Hulkbuster.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Cull was dazed for several seconds by one punch to the face from Iron Man. Yet he shrugged off a blow to the back of the head and repeated blows by Hulkbuster.

This Hulkbuster was implied to be on the same level as the previous one which matched an enraged Hulk's striking.

No Caption Provided

#49 Posted by GeorgeWBush (11593 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony clowns him

Blonsky would have a better shot against the symbiotes