anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 anthp2000  Moderator

Team 1 should win in a close one.

I consider Minerva a tiny little tad more impressive than Fillius in the sense that her magical abilities in duel were more impressive overall. Flitwick defeated Dolohov, which is a top notch victory considering what Dolohov's done, but winning against Harry, Ron, Hermione and Neville is something I consider viable to her. Harry stated McGonagall was moving unbelievably fast in her duel with Snape or something along those lines (can't recall the exact quote atm) so even if we assume Flitwick is faster, it should be close. Furthermore, she faught Tom alongside the other 2.

P.S. That could very easily go to Flitwick too, his duelling skills were exceptional, I just find Mags and Severus a little bit more impressive.

Moody and Kingsley are logically close. Moody was stated to be the most powerful auror of his time, but he is way past his physical prime and Kingsley has officially replaced him on that position I believe. Maybe an edge to Shacklebolt given Alastor's poor performence in the ministry of magic.

Neither Remus or Slughorn have great feats, Slughorn faught alongside McGonagall and Shacklebolt whreas Remus was in the Order so he must be pretty good himself. I'd say this is more or less even too.

PenguinLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PenguinLover

@anthp2000 said:

Team 1 should win in a close one.

I consider Minerva a tiny little tad more impressive than Fillius in the sense that her magical abilities in duel were more impressive overall. Flitwick defeated Dolohov, which is a top notch victory considering what Dolohov's done, but winning against Harry, Ron, Hermione and Neville is something I consider viable to her. Harry stated McGonagall was moving unbelievably fast in her duel with Snape or something along those lines (can't recall the exact quote atm) so even if we assume Flitwick is faster, it should be close. Furthermore, she faught Tom alongside the other 2.

P.S. That could very easily go to Flitwick too, his duelling skills were exceptional, I just find Mags and Severus a little bit more impressive.

Moody and Kingsley are logically close. Moody was stated to be the most powerful auror of his time, but he is way past his physical prime and Kingsley has officially replaced him on that position I believe. Maybe an edge to Shacklebolt given Alastor's poor performence in the ministry of magic.

Neither Remus or Slughorn have great feats, Slughorn faught alongside McGonagall and Shacklebolt whreas Remus was in the Order so he must be pretty good himself. I'd say this is more or less even too.

Pretty much this. Remus is considered to be pretty powerful, but the only real combat feats for him happen outside of Harry's narrative during the Battle of Hogwarts, where he is killed.

On another note, I'd put Minerva and Snape around the same level more or less, as they were fighting to a near stalemate in book 7 until the intervention of Flitwick, Sprout and Slughorn.

It's a shame we didn't get to see Moody in his physical prime. I might be inclined to put him on the same level as Minerva, Flitwick and Snape if we had. Unfortunately, his age and injuries (specifically his prosthetic leg) would slow him down against the considerably faster duellists on team 1, leading to his downfall.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 anthp2000  Moderator
thejulkkis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1. Filius and Minerva make for the biggest competition.

The rest of team 1 have greater feats than the rest of team 2.

anakon4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By anakon4

Alastar Moody has the most experience. Not sure who wins though, but I would bet on team two. Flitwick and Mcgonagall are the same level and similar can be told about Remus and Kingsley. Horace is a weak link in my opinion, he was never stated to be a good duelist. Not sure why you add him.

Avatar image for deactivated-6249a821a8c64
deactivated-6249a821a8c64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penguinlover: @anthp2000: Interesting, thanks for the reasoning. Was it stated how the Remus vs Dolohov played out, btw?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 anthp2000  Moderator

@penguinlover: @anthp2000: Interesting, thanks for the reasoning. Was it stated how the Remus vs Dolohov played out, btw?

*Flitwick* vs Dolohov

We only know that Dolohov lost to him. Not any specific info on the duel itself, sadly.

Still, Rowling has released some mini books since 2015 I think, where she talks more about the Battle of Hogwarts in one part (could be more in depth in the battles). Not sure if anyone's read any of them, but I'd certanily get them if I could.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anakon4: I added him as Slughorn fought along with Kingsley & Minerva against Tom, and I think of him as a wizard on a similar level to the others (though I think Minerva & Filius are decently above the rest).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: I actually meant Remus getting killed. I looked on Pottermore, and it stated: "Months of inactivity, using mostly spells of concealment and protection, had blunted his duelling capabilities, and when he ran up against a dueller of Dolohov’s skill, now battle-hardened after months of killing and maiming, his reactions were too slow."

Sorry for the formatting btw, CV on mobile sucks.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 anthp2000  Moderator

@anthp2000: I actually meant Remus getting killed. I looked on Pottermore, and it stated: "Months of inactivity, using mostly spells of concealment and protection, had blunted his duelling capabilities, and when he ran up against a dueller of Dolohov’s skill, now battle-hardened after months of killing and maiming, his reactions were too slow."

Sorry for the formatting btw, CV on mobile sucks.

Oh lol Kind of confused this with my own comments ont he battle.

Unfortunetely, it's the very same reply. We only know he was killed by Dolohov.

Nymphadora Tonks: "Have you seen Remus?"

Aberforth Dumbledore: "He was duelling Dolohov, haven't seen him since!"

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team one wins.

PenguinLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfallax: That's pretty much the gist of it. I love Remus as a character (he's probably my third favourite), but he'd probably lose to Dolohov at his best. After being on the run for so long and draining his magic so much, he probably only held his own for a while before going down.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, at least we know that Dolohov won in a fair fight lol. That being said, it seems to imply that Prime! Lupin would be a closer match for Dolohov. it really looks like Bellatrix was the heavy hitter among the Deatheaters, while even the second best (Dolohov) had various match in the Order of the Phoenix.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

Well, at least we know that Dolohov won in a fair fight lol. That being said, it seems to imply that Prime! Lupin would be a closer match for Dolohov. it really looks like Bellatrix was the heavy hitter among the Deatheaters, while even the second best (Dolohov) had various match in the Order of the Phoenix.

Pretty much.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a98875cd0f94
deactivated-5a98875cd0f94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfallax:

Version of Moody? That makes the difference here.

Avatar image for zordon_of_eltar
Zordon_of_Eltar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Zordon_of_Eltar

It's very close. McGonagall and Flitwick are fairly close. I'd give a slight advantage to McGonagall, though. Kingsley and Moody should be close, but Kingsley is a bit faster, since he doesn't have prosthetics like Moody does. Slughorn and Lupin should be close, but Lupin should be a tad, he was a DADA teacher (one of the best) while Slughorn is a Potions teacher. McGonagall's team 7.5/10