CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@byondeon said:

Kuvira should beat McGonagall..

Curious, why do you end some of your sentences with two periods?

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Intresting, I generally regard high tier wizards to versatile and hax for avatar characters, but Minerva is low on feats and Kuvira is wicked fast. I could see either taking this, though leaning Kuviras way due to her ability to mess with minervas footing.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By eslay03

Okay, Preface: I am a casual Harry Potter fan, and don’t know much about the battle side of the fandom. I am open to any correction whatsoever in regards to the franchise.

With that said, I do believe that the average Avatar character is generally better in physicals than the average Harry Potter character. We’ve seen several Avatar characters move at incredible speeds, jump significant distances, and tank hits and/or falls that would severely injure the average human. Harry Potter characters do seem to have good reaction speed feats, but other than that, I don’t recall them being exceptional in any other area as far as physicals go.

I bring that up because I don’t think McGonagall would be quick enough to deal with Kuvira. Not only is Kuvira much faster (unless I’m forgetting something), but she also has a plentiful amount of metal at her advantage on both offense and defense.

McGonagall would have the power advantage, but it’s Kuvira’s speed that makes me lean her way.

Again, I’m a casual Harry Potter fan and am open to correction.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:

Kuvira should beat McGonagall..

Curious, why do you end some of your sentences with two periods?

Don't really know..

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03: To give a rough reference on Harry Potter characters, the vast majority have IRL peak human-tier strength and durability with superhuman speed. Umbridge, a super fat woman who does political work rather than battle stuff and literally failed to properly teach the Defense class, reacted to arrows point blank, easily, which is Avatar-tier reactions. Harry is an above average sports player who keeps in shape and taught a whole group of people Defense better than Umbridge did. McGonagall can fight evenly with people that casually destroy Harry in combat and (supposedly) can teambust 4~ Aurors. There's context for why Umbridge was terrible, of course, but I think this should offer a good enough idea where McGonagall is in the non-magical side of things.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cpt_nice

I don't remember Kuvira's reaction feats but just based on her performance vs Korra she should be equal to or above Zuko, who super casually swiped arrows out of the sky shot at his back. So she should be able to easily react to spells. And earthbending is the best in-universe counter to magic (besides bloodbending) since most spells aren't destructive enough to go through huge pieces of rock.

Kuvira should win easily.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cpt_nice

@cocacolaman: It was hardly point blank. Also she never beat any aurors. Madam Pomfrey stated she wouldn't have been stunned and one shot like she was in a straight up fight. That doesn't mean she would have won a 4 v 1.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cpt_nice: The shot itself wasn't point blank, but her reacting to it was.

Loading Video...

1:20 she easily shoots the arrow out of the air despite it being close to Harry and Hermione before she even begins moving her arm. However, there are more speed feats regardless.

I know she didn't, that's why I said "supposedly." Though it appears I did get the quote wrong, so that's totally my bad, Pomfrey said this:

'I don't wonder you're shocked, Potter,' said Madam Pomfrey, with a kind of fierce approval in her face. 'As if one of them could have Stunned Minerva McGonagall face-on by daylight! Cowardice, that's what it was . . . despicable cowardice . . . if I wasn't worried what would happen to you students without me, I'd resign in protest. '

To me, this implies McGonagall would have been well capable of holding her own if she had been prepared.

Viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Minerva if she uses Apparition really well, Kuvira otherwise. Minerva has all the means to put down Kuvira and vice versa , but her problem would be speed.

chloros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This comes down to who is faster (which I'm not sure of). I do think it's easier for McGonagall to deflect a metal strip than it would be for Kuvria to block a spell (which I don't think she can?) if it's something like stupefy. But if Kuvira is faster she can easily incapacitate her.

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Theoretically, Minerva could just turn her to a teapot. But Kuvira could trap her in earth just as easily.

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Minerva has to act fast and at least stun Kuvira right off the bat, or she's more likely to be tagged. Kuvira won't be able to deal with magic as easily if she isn't given time to react.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kuvira speed blitz. She is too fast and she would be able to actually block Minerva's spells.

ShadowMewto425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:

Kuvira speed blitz. She is too fast and she would be able to actually block Minerva's spells.

But the wizards also have defensive spells that block both physical and magical attacks

ShadowMewto425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Minerva has to act fast and at least stun Kuvira right off the bat, or she's more likely to be tagged. Kuvira won't be able to deal with magic as easily if she isn't given time to react.

You also have Petrificus Totalus which would freeze people not trained to combat it for several hours

ShadowMewto425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: The difference is that McGonagall has been shown to cast seven patronus at once, and most wizards struggle to cast one. She could easily burst through stone like a hot knife through butter.

ShadowMewto425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chloros said:

This comes down to who is faster (which I'm not sure of). I do think it's easier for McGonagall to deflect a metal strip than it would be for Kuvria to block a spell (which I don't think she can?) if it's something like stupefy. But if Kuvira is faster she can easily incapacitate her.

But she can use Petrificus Totalus and freeze her for several hours