Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Starkin
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Rules
  • Fight takes place in the colloseum. The crowd is completely split in support of these two men.
  • Each man is armed with a single blade and the strongest armour they used in the arena
  • For this fight imagine that Maxiumus believes Spartacus killed his wife and child, while Spartacus believes Maximus killed Sura.
  • Each man has went through rigorous training before this match, fully aware of what they are fighting from stories.
  • They are both at full health.
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By OmegaDynasty

I have only seen some of Spartacus, so I might be a little biased. Maximus was a General of the Roman Legion.

LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LT1085

Is this comic related?

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@LT1085 said:
" Is this comic related? "
The rules state that but I have seen Mcguyver vs threads on here.
ckal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ckal
@LT1085:  I think the rules state battles can be off topic as well, but I'm not sure. I'd have to look at it again.
LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LT1085
@OmegaDynasty said:
" @LT1085 said:
" Is this comic related? "
The rules state that but I have seen Mcguyver vs threads on here. "
MacGuyver/Chuck Norris/etc... threads need to die. 
ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By ChaosBlazer

With their toughest armor on, Spartacus won't be able to go for the regular chest/belly slashes to weaken his enemy.

However, Maximus seems to be less durable than Spartacus and weakens faster.

I would say Maximus is more skilled and strategical, while Spartacus has a large physical advantage, in strength and durability.

I will also say that Spartacus may underestimate Maximus. I can imagine him trying to kick Maximus and getting his foot stabbed through.

It also seems that Spartacus receives more PIS than does Maximus, as he defeats groups of opponents on 2 occasions only after a mid-fight 'revelation' or something, after which he goes into god mode and kills all his opponents. Maximus seems to be at a constant level of skill through the movie.

This is pretty evenly matched so I kinda want to see what others have to say on the matter first.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By onilordasmodeus

This^^

Maximus just seems more logical and level headed in his battles while Spartacus is more animalistic and full of blood lust. I can see Spartacus getting the upper hand early, and maybe even controling the fight the majortiy of the time, but Maximus would out smart him and win in the end.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Maximus wins in a close fight.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12 said:

This^^

Maximus just seems more logical and level headed in his battles while Spartacus is more animalistic and full of blood lust. I can see Spartacus getting the upper hand early, and maybe even controling the fight the majortiy of the time, but Maximus would out smart him and win in the end.

How do y'all figure that Maximus wins this at all??? Spartacus is faster and more acrobatic than Maximus and if we are allowed to use season 2 and season 3 feats, he became more tactical in battle as well. EoS (End of Season) season 1 Spartacus could beat him in a close fight. End of Series Spartacus would win in a stomp.

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By homicidalmaniac

Sparatcus

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12 said:

@onilordasmodeus said:

This^^

How do y'all figure that Maximus wins this at all??? Spartacus is faster and more acrobatic than Maximus and if we are allowed to use season 2 and season 3 feats, he became more tactical in battle as well. EoS (End of Season) season 1 Spartacus could beat him in a close fight. End of Series Spartacus would win in a stomp.

To be fair, I've only seen seasons 1 and 2.

DatSwampertAzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you used andy whitefield good man

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have only seen some of Spartacus, so I might be a little biased. Maximus was a General of the Roman Legion.

But Spartacus stomped every single general of Rome

NervesInvicta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NervesInvicta

I think first we have to normalize the characters into a single world. For instance, Spartacus lives in a world where you can jump 30 feet in the air with ease, be stabbed through the cut with a sword without dying and knock someone back several feet by hitting their shield with two swords. This would obviously wouldn't work in the world Maximus lives in, so we either need to upscale Maximus' strength and durability for this fight or downscale Spartacus'. Now that that's out of the way, let's compare strengths/feats/weaknesses

Spatacus strengths/feats

- Defeated the greatest Gladiator in the republic (Theokoles)

- Demonstrates an ability to take on several challengers at once with ease

- Excellent gladiator and champion of capua

Spartacus weaknesses

- headstrong, overly impulsive. Gets into fights he can't win because he believes pulling it off will advance his cause (see: first Crixus fight)

- Not the best fighter in his world (Oenomaus, The Egyptian, Theokoles and possibly Ganncius are better)

- Needed Crixus' help and a cheat to defeat Theokoles and still barely won.

Maximus strengths/feats

- Known as the best general of the republic. He's tactical and brilliant.

- Excellent horseman

- Defeated the greatest, and only undefeated, gladiator in Roman history (Tigris of Gaul) without any help and at a severe disadvantage created by Commodus mind you.

- Also demonstrated an ability to fight multiple opponents simultaneously

- Completely outclasses everyone he fights. Not a single person in the movie could be argued better. Only Tigris could even keep up with a healthy Max.

Maximus weaknesses

- I honestly can't think of any.

Maximus stomps. Hell I could have put one single point (Max is by far the best fighter in his world and Spartacus might not even be top 3) and that probably would have been enough for me to say Maximus stomps, but I wanted to express it this way.

NervesInvicta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omegadynasty said:

I have only seen some of Spartacus, so I might be a little biased. Maximus was a General of the Roman Legion.

You mean the guy whose moniker was "the fool" Glaber and those others who Crassus repeatedly called morons and outmaneuvered with hilarious ease? Face it, the only respectable general he fought was Crassus and Crassus absolutely stomped him.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spartacus is ridiculous, he stomps

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Wolfrazer

@nervesoftin: Crassus didn't stomp him in their fight. They were actually fighting well against one another, but Spartacus soon got the upperhand until that thing happened which I won't mention cause of spoilers.

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marlboroman said:

@omegadynasty said:

You mean the guy whose moniker was "the fool" Glaber and those others who Crassus repeatedly called morons and outmaneuvered with hilarious ease? Face it, the only respectable general he fought was Crassus and Crassus absolutely stomped him.

Crassus absolutely stomped him really? Man you are so biased i am not even going answer that i just hope you watch the episode again sometime.

Darkbiscuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Darkbiscuit
NervesInvicta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By NervesInvicta

@wolfrazer said:

@nervesoftin: Crassus didn't stomp him in their fight. They were actually fighting well against one another, but Spartacus soon got the upperhand until that thing happened which I won't mention cause of spoilers.

@marlboroman said:

@nervesoftin said:
@marlboroman said:

@omegadynasty said:

Crassus absolutely stomped him really? Man you are so biased i am not even going answer that i just hope you watch the episode again sometime.

I was referring to the fact that Crassus stomped him tactically with his guile and with his armies (ie he stomped Spartacus as a general), not that he almost fought Spartacus to a draw one-on-one. Why would Spartacus beating Crassus in a sword fight be worth noting at all? His only feat was barely defeating a 60+ (yes that guy was over 60) former gladiator who he'd fought one-on-one enough to learn his weaknesses and trick his way to victory. Honestly Spartacus should have wrecked Crassus in that fight in 1/2 a second flat . If anything the fact that a middle-aged Crassus managed to keep up with him for so long speaks very poorly of Spartacus as a warrior. Also I just watched the entire series again last week.

NervesInvicta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By NervesInvicta

And I'd also like to take this time to complain that making Crassus a mid-upper tier swordsman was just awful and obnoxious writing. He should had a champion who did his hand to hand fighting while he out maneuvered Spartacus as a general instead (kind of like what they did with Glaber and Ashur's men) only less stupid than Glaber.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Spartacus.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nervesoftin: Well beating him strategically with armies isn't exactly a factor in this, considering this is a 1 on 1 fight. So....

NervesInvicta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nervesoftin: Well beating him strategically with armies isn't exactly a factor in this, considering this is a 1 on 1 fight. So....

It's an indication of intelligence and patience which actually is a factor in a fight, but admittedly far less of a factor than skill and technique obviously. It's also a hell of a lot more of a factor than than Spartacus' ability to beat cupcakes in sword fights. Hey guys, Spartacus beat Glaber! He was a Roman general therefore he can take Maximus!

NO

MrSlate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

The match goes to Spartacus. His durability, strength, power, and speed will trump Maximus' strategical thinking. He proved to be lethal with wooden swords, decapitated 2 men simultaneously, and was still alive after being impaled by 3 spears. If Maximus were to believe that Spartacus killed his family he probably wouldn't think as clearly as he usually did, thus giving away his one advantage. Both men were great leaders but in terms of physical abilities, attributes, and skill it's clear that Spartacus wins. Maximus wasn't that imposing of a fighter and would probably be an Ashur/Agron type gladiator physically in the Spartacus realm, good but not great. Strategy wise(in the context of one vs one, not Military battles) he's like Crixus, great but not well enough for a defeat over Spartacus.The only challenges Spartacus had once he improved from auxiliary soldier to champion gladiator were Theokoles (his better), Gannicus (his physical equal), and Crassus (His military equal). The only way Maximus could win would be if he embodied the best qualities of the three. Theokoles (Strength, size, durability, and superhuman stamina); Gannicus (Agility, athleticism, cunning, dual sword mastery, unpredictability, and speed); Crassus (Confidence, commitment to defeating Spartacus, anticipation, and sportmanship). Unfortunately he doesn't meet enough of that criteria to best Spartacus. Oenomaeous/Doctore(during Vengeance) is a better match-up for Maximus.

----------

In the second video there is a continuity error where the placement of one of the Roman's body is but it's a production flaw, not a flaw on the part of Spartacus.

LionsoLara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By LionsoLara

This is a good match up :)

Maximus a general of Rome. Has slaughtered I'm sure many armies. When he fought in a arena(nothing big like the Colosseum) the first couple times the gladiators he killed were like childs play. Now even though that's to be expected I'm sure those gladiators he killed had made some type of name for themselves and there ludas. 1 scene Maximus goes in alone and kills every gladiator in the arena. Maximus even lead the gladiators from the same ludas into victory in the colosseum. Then Maximus is put against the best gladiator of Rome Tigris the Gaul. And against all odds the emperor adds tigers in favor of killing Maximus not Tigris. Maximus wins that fight.

Spartacus has fought in wars as well. Before he became a gladiator and then in the war for freedom. A madman at first but after years of training and years of experience in the arena he became a fearsome champion. I find it lame to give him all the credit in killing Theokules becuase if it weren't for Crixus blinding the giant then Spartacus would've died. Hell if it were just Spartacus vs Theokules then I'm sure we all know Theokules would've parted Spartacus neck from body.

In all honesty I'd like to see this fight with Spartacus duel swords and Maximus sword and shield. The clash of legends no doubt. Imo though, I think Maximus will be victorious.

I'd also like to point out that the colosseum was for the best gladiators in general. Capua's gladiators aren't on that level. I'm sure majority if not all the gladiators from the house of Batiatus would've died when those gladiators on there chariots appeared including Spartacus, Crixus and even Gannicus. There all good but only good enough for Capua entertainment. And the only way to have won against those gladiators on chariots was through teamwork and a hell of good strategy.

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By azrael1973
Loading Video...

Maximus stomps!

Noxifer626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maximus beat his two greatest adversaries (Tigris and Commodus) with heavy handicaps.

He also curbstomped everyone else he ever fought.

On the other hand, Spartacus has failed to defeat opponents equal to himself without trickery. Hard fight, but Maximusat takes it.

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By pastepotpete1

spartucus would win

@noxifer626 said:

Maximus beat his two greatest adversaries (Tigris and Commodus) with heavy handicaps.

He also curbstomped everyone else he ever fought.

On the other hand, Spartacus has failed to defeat opponents equal to himself without trickery. Hard fight, but Maximusat takes it.

lol @ this Commodus being adversary he was a gladiator and he gave his opponent a dull sword and he had a sharp one .. beating commodus is not a feat commodus is a mommas boy.. also in the end he asked for another sword and his own people told him " no"

as far as Tigris.. Commodus didn't poision Maximuses food and he had to make it look like it wasn't a severe handicap plus Tigris is a fellow gladiator considers his other gladiators as brothers

Spartacus , crixcus and gannicus had to spend the night out in the freezing cold they probably got frost bite and to top it off they went for days without food and water yet they were taking out 5 or 6 roman soliders who had heavy armor where as Spartacus and gannicus didn't really have any armor .. they had to climb mountians and they walked in their bare feet for hundreds of miles ..

Spartacus didn't want to go any further … he and crixcus they spilt up .. Spartacus didn't want to invade rome and harm innocent people crixcus didn't care .. his fellow slave friends were like family to him .. maximus was given food room and board but in a prisoner sort of way .. Spartacus went several days without food

Inside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nervesinvicta: C'mon man, Spartacus stomped The Egyptian in about 2 hits.

I'd go as far to say Spartacus might beat Theokoles alone later in the series, while I never really saw Oenomaus grow in skill, on the contrary he seemed to decrease tremendously. The Oenomaus we see at the beginning of the series probably would've won against The Egyptian, not nearly stomped as he was originally.

The point is, at some point in the series, Spartacus became the best fighter in the series, he seemed to be doing better in the fight against Gannicus, you can say they were even, but Spartacus was winning, and Gannicus even admits Spartacus is better then him with a spear.

Rustlingjimmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By destinyman75

Maximus he's far superior a fighter. He killed similar fighters like they were nothing.. Spartacus is stronger faster but that won't save him. Maximus will use his brains to end Spartacus who is reckless by comparison

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e792b21485
deactivated-5d1e792b21485

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spartacus blitzes Maximus. Before Maximus can react.

Six-Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spartacus is top or tied at top fighter in a world of superhuman comic-style fighters. Maximus, while unquestionably the best in his verse is limited by realism. Spartacus wins 10/10, especially since they are both bloodlusted and Spartacus fights better that way while Maximus does not.

Nausea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Nausea

Armor are level Hollywood, any weapon surpasses or is level real world where armor de fact are very durable  

???

Anyway Spartacus should win it seems to be fictitious human above the real man.
MZP92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump, great fight!

I think Spartacus has better feats, he defeated all Crassus centurions and even wounded and tired he defeated Crassus who was trained by a gladiator champion (who was defeated by Crassus by the way), he also taked down the Egyptianm who was a match for the best gladiators. That said i think Spartacus wins 7,5/10

I think Maximus it's close to Agron level.