Avatar image for princess_gambit
Princess Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Princess Gambit

I was just scrolling around and noticed some things. Is there really anyone here that loyally reads both comics because some of the battles I see here like a Marvel character vs a DC character some people would just say 'curbstomp' or say something else to prove a specific character's victory. But when the Marvel supporter says something negetive about the DC character, does that supporter of Marvel really know the arguments to spite the DC character. How about the DC supporters? When they say a DC character can beat a Marvel character, do they really know that marvel character enough to carry on a good argument for that DC character to win?

Becuase sometimes being a fan really gets in the way of a promising good debate.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Nighthunter

I read both companies

Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't think anyone reads "only DC" or "only Marvel."

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Slinger
The Man of Yesteryear said:
"I don't think anyone reads "only DC" or "only Marvel.""
Until this year I read only Marvel. I picked up Final Crisis and RIP, but as soon as they are over I think I'm done with DC, neither of those two stories are any good in my opinion.
Watch Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Watch Dog

I read both Marvel and DC about 10 titels from each and a lot of minnies from both

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By IcePrince_X

I read both comic companies and some more.
Sometimes liking a character can blind someone from seeing the character's limitations.
But really..i enjoy arguing in battles specially if I really like the characters used.

Rei-Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rei-Kai

I don't get DC any more. I used to, but I got tired. And that's not to say Marvel hasn't put out some craptacular work, since both companies are guilty of that. WWH and Red Hulk are the most recent idiocies of Marvel. Though WWH wasn't bad, it was made out almost to be like a bad joke. But Marvel seems to let the readers see for themselves what's happened in the scene while DC appears to explain absolutely everything through the Narrator and doesn't let the readers think for themselves. Both companies have their iconic characters, but DC just favors theirs way, way too much for it to be healthy.

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By speedlgt

I read both and love both equally. that being said marvel fans IMO have a major small man complex and seem to really really try hard to make thier heros look stronger than DC! I mean is it not enough that marvel sells more? makes more of everything?  So what if just about all of DC heros are more powerful does it really matter that much to the marvel zombies to prove how good thier heros are? I think its stupid I love marvel but that doesnt change which heros are more powerful.

When I first got to comicvine I thought man this is nothing but a Marvel Fan forums plus a DBZ hate club....and IMO thats not far from the truth way too many marvel zombies here and not enough DC representation. Most times cause of this I come off as a DC fan only but I am not I buy about 5-7 marvel books a month and 3-4 DC books

So MARVEL ZOMBIES chill the heck out and know your place!

Rei-Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Rei-Kai

Actually Marvel heroes tend to be more powerful than DC heroes. If you look at it, DC is the one trying harder to make their heroes look better, and that was made abundantly clear in the cross-overs. Pretty much why Marvel doesn't consider them canon. Most DC readers/fanboys/whathaveyou believe physical strength/speed is the only thing that matters in a battle. Really, it's not. I can name a dozen Marvel people who aren't as strong physically as Superman and still could kill him. But that's for another thread.

I do like Marvel, it has some of the best people without blatantly worshiping them. DC has had its moments. I still love the 80's JLI (Justice Leage International) when Batman knocked out Guy Gardner with one punch (ONE PUNCH!). The 80's and early 90's was probably the best time for DC stuff.

Daffy Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Daffy Duck

I like both companies, but there is a limitation. As far as Marvel Earth is concerned, I love it. As far as it spreads through out the Multiuniverse. I hate it. Why, because everything of science goes out the window from there. It's a love hate thing because I still like Thanos and Galactus but the other beings there are just way too many of them to comprehend.

The DC universe was great back in the old days. There were mainly 4 super heroes. Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Flash. Quite simple. And people loved them. Sure they were a bit over powered, but they where heroes so it's cool. But all of these stray away from Earth plots and Superman living in the sun for millions of years is being fruity. I like the old Superman and heroes. The DC guys I grew up with a long time ago.

Okay, now when it comes to DC hero vs Marvel hero. This is where I set the line. The DC characters are way to powerful and fast for "MOST" (not all) of the Marvel characters to defend against. Marvel Earth is the most suitible prey for most of all DC characters to beat up on.  (exept for the high abstracts/cosmics/high fathers of marvel)

When it comes to DC VS Marvel, I go for the weaker guys and bring up a case with statistcal in-character-logic! For instance Dr. Doom vs Superman Prime 100000. It is a simple pick... Superman! However, Doom can beat Superman with a little bit of this and little bit of that. Look, if Lex can handle Kent "sometimes" why can't Doom, right?

So when it comes to over powered heros, I will always make a case for the little man. Obama would do it. You should too. 

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By _Sojourn_

I have read A couple of DC, hides face in shame...
I wasn't that I don't like it, its just that its kind of like the inate rivalry.

• Marvel vs DC
  • Redskins vs Cowboys
  • East coast vs West coast
  • Boy vs Girl
  • Democrat vs Republican
  • Black vs White
Watch Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Watch Dog

I love both companies but I do have to say that I do love marvel a little more because on averige there world is more "reallistic " than DC and because of that reason I think there heros are phiscly les powerful but when it comes to intelect fighing skill and hart thay are on par and higher in some cases also you must rimember when it comes to any hero thay have chance I mean searusly thats what thay do thay fight agenst foes that are statistkly better and thay win for instence caton america beat the red skull when he was in postion of the cosmi cube witch gave him god like abillitys so if that can be done why not a win on supes

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By geraldthesloth

LOVE both

they have amazing characters and amazing stories

haven't been reading dc as long though i thought it was just a whatever company until i read the sinestro corps war wich took me

Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daffy Duck said:
"I like both companies, but there is a limitation. As far as Marvel Earth is concerned, I love it. As far as it spreads through out the Multiuniverse. I hate it. Why, because everything of science goes out the window from there.
lol

Daffy Duck cares about physics?
cly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By cly

I read both.

TheDrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16  Edited By TheDrifter

I read Marvel mainly......

Final Crisis is the only DC I read

Kimikirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Kimikirai

I read a lot of Marvel. I read whatever DC comic is recommended to me or gets good reviews.

Wheres the love for Top Cow? Rising Stars anyone? lol

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#18  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I will pretty much read anything but I don't put anything above Marvel.I have been reading alot of Manga lately so I can't say so much I am a Marvel reader.I will pretty much read anything that is recommended to me or I think will be cool.I just tried to read Hell blazer..I think that is a Vertigo comic..I was thoroughly unimpressed with it.I had a better experience reading Topp's Caddillacs & Dinosaurs.I have been unimpressed with DC lately as well.Besides Trinity,they aren't really making anything right now I feel like I must read.Final Crisis is lame so far,Countdown\52 were ok but nothing happened that made me really want to read more.

TheDrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheDrifter

About Hellblazer.....

Right now is a really bad jumping on point, Vance. Try to get a TPB, like "Hellblazer: Original Sins"

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#20  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
TheDrifter said:
"About Hellblazer.....

Right now is a really bad jumping on point, Vance. Try to get a TPB, like "Hellblazer: Original Sins""
Ok.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#21  Edited By The_Martian

I try to read as much of both as I can.

SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SeSAW
Princess Gambit said:
"I was just scrolling around and noticed some things. Is there really anyone here that loyally reads both comics because some of the battles I see here like a Marvel character vs a DC character some people would just say 'curbstomp' or say something else to prove a specific character's victory. But when the Marvel supporter says something negetive about the DC character, does that supporter of Marvel really know the arguments to spite the DC character. How about the DC supporters? When they say a DC character can beat a Marvel character, do they really know that marvel character enough to carry on a good argument for that DC character to win?

Becuase sometimes being a fan really gets in the way of a promising good debate.

"
Very good point sis.

I read both companies I started out strickly DC but when I got a whole of Marvel I took it and ran with it. Dc for the longest has not been into developing there characters past certain ones and that hurts them, but I still read there stuff though and the majority of it, actually i read majority of both campanies stuff espesially marvel. i might not get to it when it first comes out but ill eventually get to it.
Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By Supreme Marvel

I read both. Obviously more DC, but I do like some to read a lot of Marvel though.

My Marvel at the moment

• Astonishing X-Men
  • Captain Marvel
  • Daredevil
  • Deadpool
  • New Avengers
  • Runaways
  • The Immortal Iron Fist
  • Thor
  • X-Force

My DC at the moment

to numerous to list. Some titles.
  • Batman
  • Final Crisis
  • Green Lantern
  • Green Lantern Corps
  • JSA
  • JLA
  • Reign in Hell
  • Robin
  • Teen Titans (Since Johns left, not that good)
  • Legion of Super Heroes

• Superman, I read a looooooad of them.
TheDrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheDrifter
Vance Astro said:
"TheDrifter said:
"About Hellblazer.....

Right now is a really bad jumping on point, Vance. Try to get a TPB, like "Hellblazer: Original Sins""
Ok."
Thats what Methos told me atleast LOL
HalJordan1986x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By HalJordan1986x

I collect both But im more of  DC fan
DC seems to care more about the quality of there work then Marvel does
Marvel is becoming Like EA games

They release loads of half assed story lines like world war hulk and civil war

dc released good story lines like SCW and the current GLC line is fantastic

Overall DC products are of higher quality

Marvel has there moment but theyre only a shadow of there former selves when they kicked ass in the 90's

TheDrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TheDrifter

Marvel is better in my opinion

Rei-Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Rei-Kai

I wouldn't call DC's works higher quality. They still lean more towards their favorite characters while Marvel has branched out more. And Civil War was pretty good. WWH was kind of a joke, but Planet Hulk was great.