• 106 results
#101 Edited by DarthAnt66 (2560 posts) - - Show Bio

@dawn_of_ages said:

Granted, Vader died as well, but the fact remains that even in an extremely weakened state, including the loss of one hand, Vader tanks through Sidious' most lethal lightning and then picks him up and tosses him aside like yesterday's trash.

Well, let's not forget Vader . . .

A.) focuses for multiple minutes every fiber of his being into the attack,

B.) is imbued with light side "super energy" per George Lucas and Fact Files,

C.) is being hit with lightning that is indiscriminately firing everywhere including back at Sidious himself,

D.) has armor specifically insulated to handle Starkiller's Force lightning and extreme heat.

The fact Vader still dies despite all these factors is consistent with his equal - ROTJ Luke - being nigh-instantly downed by Sidious.

Not that "full force" can mean "full impact" just as easily as "full power" regardless, though.

#102 Posted by Soup95 (277 posts) - - Show Bio

Maul poops all over Snoke

#103 Edited by Dawn_of_Ages (2527 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthant66: I assume you meant to tag @redheathen since that was her post that you quoted and I'm the one contesting against Vader being able to tank Sidious' lightning without any of the said circumstances present.

#105 Edited by RedHeathen (2241 posts) - - Show Bio

@dawn_of_ages said:

Granted, Vader died as well, but the fact remains that even in an extremely weakened state, including the loss of one hand, Vader tanks through Sidious' most lethal lightning and then picks him up and tosses him aside like yesterday's trash.

Well, let's not forget Vader . . .

A.) focuses for multiple minutes every fiber of his being into the attack,

B.) is imbued with light side "super energy" per George Lucas and Fact Files,

C.) is being hit with lightning that is indiscriminately firing everywhere including back at Sidious himself,

D.) has armor specifically insulated to handle Starkiller's Force lightning and extreme heat.

e) The fact Vader still dies despite all these factors is consistent with his equal - ROTJ Luke - being nigh-instantly downed by Sidious.

f) Not that "full force" can mean "full impact" just as easily as "full power" regardless, though.

b. thanks for sharing. i'm not familiar with this. which ff is it found in?

c. & d. rotj novel specifically states that it also affected vader's heart:

Palpatine struggled in the grip of Vader's unfeeling embrace, his hands still shooting bolts of malign energy out in all directions. In his wild flailing, the lightning ripped across the room, tearing into Vader. The Dark Lord fell again, electric currents crackling down his helmet, over his cape, into his heart.

and it obviously went through his entire body:

No Caption Provided

e. & f. RE: "full impact", vader = luke: it looked to me as though vader received a heck of a lot more voltage than luke considering we never saw luke's skeleton ^^^, even after sidious amped up his lightning and told luke that he would "now...die." it seemed to me as though the lethal dose sidious had begun to use on luke was amped up after vader grabbed sidious.

we also have the quote that dawn of ages gave previously from DE endnotes to help:

No Caption Provided

#106 Edited by Dawn_of_Ages (2527 posts) - - Show Bio

@redheathen: The quote doesn't really disprove the circumstances mentioned though.

#107 Posted by RedHeathen (2241 posts) - - Show Bio

@redheathen: The quote doesn't really disprove the circumstances mentioned though.

yeah. it's just there. it is what it is.