Maul vs Dooku

Restrictions : Force Lightning.

Both in primes. SOD maul and TCW Dooku

No Caption Provided

#3 Posted by WollfMyth209 (17536 posts) - - Show Bio

Dooku, but it'd be a great fight.

Avatar image for jackofalltrades2
#4 Posted by Jackofalltrades2 (531 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be really surprised if Rebels Maul doesn't turn out to be stronger than Dooku.

Avatar image for aiartificalintelligence
#5 Posted by AIartificalintelligence (180 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by i_like_swords (26359 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think it's fair to take away Dooku's only distinct edge in the fight. Maul should definitely win, now; just as powerful, just as skilled, just as smart, but much more capable physically with a fighting style capable of interrupting the flow of Makashi better than most others.

That's not to say we're not still splitting hairs between the two, but if Dooku had lightning to fall back on it'd be that much closer.

#7 Posted by nfactor1995 (13475 posts) - - Show Bio

Dooku for the majority.

#8 Posted by TheMan44 (3559 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't maul outclass dooku in the comics

Avatar image for deactivated-5c508820920c0
#9 Edited by deactivated-5c508820920c0 (887 posts) - - Show Bio

Dooku would win, though it will be a tough fight for him. Maul is just that little bit below the Count in skill and can match him in TK.

#10 Posted by i_like_swords (26359 posts) - - Show Bio

@theman44 said:

In a military sense, yes, he captured Dooku and Grievous by setting a trap for them (the comic is Son of Dathomir). They've never fought, though.

#11 Posted by TheMan44 (3559 posts) - - Show Bio
@theman44 said:

In a military sense, yes, he captured Dooku and Grievous by setting a trap for them (the comic is Son of Dathomir). They've never fought, though.

Got it thanks.

#12 Edited by Pharoh_Atem (44376 posts) - - Show Bio

>Best Star Wars guys

>Calls ouy my n00b brother Dboy, and not I

Damn, I really am washed up.

#13 Edited by LondonBFR (412 posts) - - Show Bio

I loled at Maul being as powerful or as masterful as Dooku.

Anyway, I've seen nothing from Maul to say he wouldn't get teleknictly magnetized at the tip Dooku's blade:

No Caption Provided

Looks like the fanatical(s) are trying to get away with as much as possible.

#14 Posted by RolandAlderas (1925 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think it's fair to take away Dooku's only distinct edge in the fight. Maul should definitely win, now; just as powerful, just as skilled, just as smart, but much more capable physically with a fighting style capable of interrupting the flow of Makashi better than most others.

That's not to say we're not still splitting hairs between the two, but if Dooku had lightning to fall back on it'd be that much closer.

#15 Posted by Ricey (50 posts) - - Show Bio

>Best Star Wars guys

>Calls ouy my n00b brother Dboy, and not I

Damn, I really am washed up.

Yes you are :)

#16 Posted by Pharoh_Atem (44376 posts) - - Show Bio

@ricey:

I've long accepted my inevitable decline from the top of the Star Wars hierarchy. (^_^)

#17 Posted by Pharoh_Atem (44376 posts) - - Show Bio

@londonbfr:

Maul bested the Black Sun - Dooku lost to a bunch of pirates; ur argument is invalid.

#18 Posted by DarthAznable (16937 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd still give it to Dooku.

#19 Posted by john_doe_0897 (3424 posts) - - Show Bio

Maul can win half. I'll say it's 50/50

#20 Edited by LondonBFR (412 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@londonbfr:

Maul bested the Black Sun - Dooku lost to a bunch of pirates;

I'll assume you intentions aren't truly serious on this matter ;-) But regarding the pirates, need I remind you that Dooku was disarmed for the interaction. Had Maul been under a similar circumstance against the Black Sun collective, he would have certainly lost via his inability to raise a barrier contra Mighella's lightning... I'll assume Sidious abandoned that feature as part of Maul's training to become One of the most skilled and deadly warriors in Sith history.

No Caption Provided

Similarly, he would have been taken out at upon the first Wave as the non-Force user Sinya, could react to his strikes wielding a pair of perpendicular-gripped, guard shotos.

#21 Posted by DarkDefender (4074 posts) - - Show Bio

Dooku is more skilled, speed is even, Maul is physically superior, Dooku is more powerful but Maul is close enough that he's not going to be overwhelmed.

It could really go either way though I'd still favor Dooku.

#22 Posted by ForklifterMatt (487 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Edited by LondonBFR (412 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkdefender All of Maul's physicality traits are circumvented by Dooku's superior Force augmentation.

Avatar image for serpinethegreen
#24 Posted by serpinethegreen (5164 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Erkan12 (9497 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkdefender All of Maul's physicality traits are circumvented by Dooku's superior Force augmentation.

Like this right ?

No Caption Provided

#26 Posted by Erkan12 (9497 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like the fanatical(s) are trying to get away with as much as possible.

The only fanaticism here is your Dooku bias :/

#27 Edited by LondonBFR (412 posts) - - Show Bio

@erkan12 said:
@londonbfr said:

Like this right ?

That's to believe that Maul can amass the strength required to imitate that showing, which I belive he can not.

#28 Edited by AlexTheBoss (19662 posts) - - Show Bio

@londonbfr: How does Dooku doing that to a jedi who is basically fodder mean anything? While Dooku was doing that, Maul was taking Mace and Aayla on at the same time, lol. Also if Dooku could of done that to Maul he would of, but when they were working together for a short time they were clearly represented as equals. That being said, Dooku would still take a majority.

#29 Posted by Erkan12 (9497 posts) - - Show Bio

@londonbfr:

I loled at Maul being as powerful or as masterful as Dooku.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Maul > Exar Kun *cough* Dooku confirmed. :/

@erkan12 said:
@londonbfr said:

Like this right ?

That's to believe that Maul can amass the strength required to imitate that showing, which I belive he can not.

Then you've to learn Darth Maul's feats.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4a9a7745a28
#30 Posted by deactivated-5a4a9a7745a28 (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would Dooku be the superior lightsaber duelist? Arguments would be nice.

#31 Posted by Vierus10 (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Maul takes the majority

#32 Edited by noobsnowman (3763 posts) - - Show Bio

Dooku 7/10, close fights in all encounters.

#33 Posted by ShootingNova (25691 posts) - - Show Bio

You really think Lightning is making much of a difference here? Interesting.

It might grant Tyranus a bit of reprieve at best, but I don't think it'll influence the outcome of any rounds.

#34 Posted by i_like_swords (26359 posts) - - Show Bio

@shootingnova: I view it as Tyranus' counter to Maul as Maul's aggression is his counter to Tyranus. Maul wants to interrupt Dooku's footwork and leverage by dragging him into an intense, head to head duel. Dooku wants to interrupt Maul's assault by hitting him with lightning which, unlike telekinesis, can't be blocked efficiently by just raising a barrier of TK energy; you need to raise your lightsaber or use tutaminis to circumvent it.

Not sure how much of a difference it makes currently but, I don't see the use in taking away anything from either of their arsenals.

#35 Posted by DarthAnt66 (2560 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm siding with Dooku but it's obviously close.

#36 Posted by Silver2467 (16759 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm siding with Dooku but it's obviously close.

Same.

#37 Posted by MasterKungFu (20773 posts) - - Show Bio

maul slightly

#38 Posted by MasterKungFu (20773 posts) - - Show Bio

actually it could go either way

#39 Edited by ShootingNova (25691 posts) - - Show Bio

I view it as Tyranus' counter to Maul as Maul's aggression is his counter to Tyranus. Maul wants to interrupt Dooku's footwork and leverage by dragging him into an intense, head to head duel. Dooku wants to interrupt Maul's assault by hitting him with lightning which, unlike telekinesis, can't be blocked efficiently by just raising a barrier of TK energy; you need to raise your lightsaber or use tutaminis to circumvent it.

If he does hit Maul with Lightning, then I agree, it could be useful. Otherwise, though, and I see this happening for the vast majority of times, Maul will just repel it on his blade, and the Lightning will only (potentially) serve to break a relentless flurry from Maul or something along those lines. It's not quite useless but I don't think its presence provides the Count with more than one or two additional rounds at absolute best.

Not sure how much of a difference it makes currently but, I don't see the use in taking away anything from either of their arsenals.

Fair enough.

#40 Posted by LlehDevil (7259 posts) - - Show Bio

Dooku every single time.

#41 Posted by Chubbs (965 posts) - - Show Bio

So Canon sources for both characters, right? I'd definitely say Dooku. I just don't see anything to suggest that Maul could best Dooku, even if Dooku is unable to use force lightning.

Before Anakin started to use his anger against him, Dooku had the edge against both Anakin and Obi Wan.

He tossed Obi Wan across the room like a ragdoll with what looked like little effort and he's one of the best fighters in the Jedi Order.

He also ragdolled Ventress, force pulled her lightsabers out of her hands, and shocked her with force lightning while she was still suspended in midair. (IIRC, isn't Ventress pretty strong with the force? After all, Sidious did order Dooku to kill her because he thought Dooku might betray him one day using Ventress to fight alongside him).

I'm not sure what would stop Dooku from doing the same thing with Maul. Yeah, I think Maul is a little bit stronger than Obi Wan and Ventress, but Dooku didn't look like he was using much effort against either of them and Maul's fighting style is supposedly weak against force attacks, so I'd think that would close the gap.

Also, I personally haven't seen anything to suggest that a Makashi duelist would be the underdog when fighting against a Juyo duelist. Maybe that would be the case if neither duelist could use force attacks, but the only restriction in this fight is force lightning.

#42 Posted by TG_54 (544 posts) - - Show Bio

Maul definitely wins this one

Avatar image for master_of_all_fantasy
#43 Posted by Master_of_All_Fantasy (30 posts) - - Show Bio

@erkan12: still bashing Dooku are we? You were doing this on YouTube as well. If you weren't biased you would notice how he deflected savages strikes. Or how in ROTS he took on the powerful strikes of Anakin.

#44 Posted by Master_of_All_Fantasy (30 posts) - - Show Bio

My take on this fight is that Dooku is a superior force weilder and has an edge in sabers. His feats in both categories show he is supper to maul. While he doesn't stomp a nice 7-8/10 victory goes to the count.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
#45 Posted by linsanel_Doctor (8707 posts) - - Show Bio

Dooku should win

#46 Edited by ZiggyStardust (375 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthduelist9 said:

They're pretty much dead even as duelists.

Some will say Maul would exhaust Dooku, others say that Dooku will find an opening, pierce something vital. He'd better. anything less than a disabling stab will only serve to fuel Maul's anger.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4a9a7745a28
#47 Posted by deactivated-5a4a9a7745a28 (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthduelist9 said:

They're pretty much dead even as duelists.

Maul just has the capacity to last longer based on his physicality alone.

Agreed

#48 Edited by ZiggyStardust (375 posts) - - Show Bio

It's worth noting that Dooku does not want to piss off Maul for any reason. A pissed Maul will batter Dooku. Dun Moch is a big no no. If he tries to taunt Maul on how he was replaced, it's lights out.

#49 Edited by Erkan12 (9497 posts) - - Show Bio

@master_of_all_fantasy said:

@erkan12: still bashing Dooku are we? You were doing this on YouTube as well. If you weren't biased you would notice how he deflected savages strikes. Or how in ROTS he took on the powerful strikes of Anakin.

I was only answering London's extremely biased posts in a same way. It's just obvious that Maul has strength and unpredictability advantage over Dooku. I am not ''bashing'' Dooku at all, not like I am suggesting Dooku would lose to Kenobi or Ventress, he has advantages over those guys, but not against Maul.

#50 Posted by Master_of_All_Fantasy (30 posts) - - Show Bio

@erkan12: why is it that everyone who goes against you, and they defend someone who isn't maul you call them biased? To me and apparently others here you are in fact biased. "he(Dooku)has advantages over these guys, but not maul? How do you figure? Dooku is much more powerful, experienced and knowledgable with the force. We see this in his feats. Canon to canon only, maul has nothing that can compare to Dooku. Legends to legends. Same thing as well. Everything to everything still Dooku has the edge in the force. His TK is better than Mauls.

Saber skill-Dooku is more versatile, has better better feats. The notion that he as an unpredictability advantage over Dooku is confusing. Just because he focuses on Juyo which is "randomized"? Dooku has studied every style and knows all of them, their strenghts and their weakness. Dooku has also repealed hard physical strikes which is something you love to not point out. Dooku has tanked the meteor like strikes of Anakin Skywalker(hyperbole but still shows the strength he has) deflected the shots of Savage Opress, disamred Anakin Skywalker on numerous occasions, taken Obi Wan Kenobi's strikes, and has physically dominated Obi wan Kenobi. Dooku is perfectly cpnale of handling mauls strength if he can take Anakins force rage amped cybernetic strikes.