No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Didn't Maui pull the sun into Earth's orbit or something with his hook? I really don't remember

Avatar image for saiyatoniansage
SaiyatonianSage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thoromdil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mauis best onscreen feat is cutting a boulder in half. Mr. Incredible threw around thousands of tons worth of robot so he should win.

BUT if there's any truth in what maui claimed to have done in the past like pulling islands out of ocean he stomps

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KanyeCosby

Mr. Incredible stomps by on screen and consistent feats.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saiyatoniansage: @trust_this_786: Yeah, but this is never shown on screen, and Maui never shows anywhere near the amount of power he claims to have. He was like street level in the actual movie.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

mauis best onscreen feat is cutting a boulder in half. Mr. Incredible threw around thousands of tons worth of robot so he should win.

BUT if there's any truth in what maui claimed to have done in the past like pulling islands out of ocean he stomps

I think this is false. Maui best on screen feat is the force and impact of this blow easy.

Loading Video...

Well above the Robot IMO. WAAAAAAY above it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saiyatoniansage: @trust_this_786: Yeah, but this is never shown on screen, and Maui never shows anywhere near the amount of power he claims to have. He was like street level in the actual movie.

Biceps dont lie.

Also I guess it can be chalked up to he was rusty lol. It was his hook that did all the lifting. His hook can cut boulders in half. I don't remember impressive piercing resistance from Mr. Incredible

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#9 higherpower  Moderator

Mr. Incredible oneshots.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maui claws him then says "You're welcome!"

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely Maui. Not only was he arguably as strong, but he has a massive fishook for a weapon, can shapeshift, and has thousands of years of combat experience.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@kanyecosby said:

Bull shit lmao.

https://youtu.be/88_Ailmf8Z4?t=3s

Lifts a ton easy.

https://youtu.be/93lrosBEW-Q?t=1m41s

Crab is over dozen tons in weight and size. maybe more than 20 tons. slams Maui around the whole fight and maui is fine.

https://youtu.be/Utk_2KVj4UA?t=34s

Able to walk on lava and bite lava as a shark. Stands on lava with normal feat with shark head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=158&v=U6xs48XS6Xs

Blocks a blow that generates a mini tidal wave and shock wave that forces back the giant Lava foe.

Street level? Really? Try to lowball harder lmao.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kanyecosby said:

Bull shit lmao.

https://youtu.be/88_Ailmf8Z4?t=3s

Lifts a ton easy.

https://youtu.be/93lrosBEW-Q?t=1m41s

Crab is over dozen tons in weight and size. maybe more than 20 tons. slams Maui around the whole fight and maui is fine.

https://youtu.be/Utk_2KVj4UA?t=34s

Able to walk on lava and bite lava as a shark. Stands on lava with normal feat with shark head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=158&v=U6xs48XS6Xs

Blocks a blow that generates a mini tidal wave and shock wave that forces back the giant Lava foe.

Street level? Really? Try to lowball harder lmao.

That last one is acct really impressive considering all he did was put his hook up

Avatar image for saiyatoniansage
SaiyatonianSage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not to mention that Maui himself is a demi-god in Hawaiian mythology, so I view Maui's bicep is telling the truth lol. On a serious note, pretty much all of Greek/Norse/any culture's myths are prone to the same design as Maui's bicep: they're stated and/or implied but given the divine nature, none of the humans are gonna disagree with a god.

YOU'RE WELCOME!

Lol, in any case you can view Maui's hook as similar to Harry Potter's wand: a focal point for the power instead of it being the power itself. However Maui does describe that when the gods rescued him from the ocean, they gave him the hook hence how he got his... powers. Hm...

Now looking at Mr. Incredible, we don't know the precise nature of how powerful the Supers are in that universe as a whole since we only follow Mr. Incredible and Frozone and Mrs. Incredible. We know that Mr. Incredible is ranked as a threat level 9.1, but what does that entail? There's a massive amount of missing information in relation to the Incredible's universe compared to the more mystical mythology presented in Moana.

Thoromdil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Thoromdil

@sirfizzwhizz: blocking the force of the impact says nothing about strenght if you have a magic object to block it, especially if objects absorbs the force and gets destroyed in the process.

I can't see maui repeating the robot feats if he was bested by a crab of similar size

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maui takes this one. Versatility is key here.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trust_this_786: Mr Incredible’s suit is bullet proof to high caliber gunfire.

ODIN619360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Loading Video...

Mr incredible sends the droid flying with one punch.

He gets right up after being launch at a large tree, which upon impact chops it down.

he takes several more shots, each time getting right back up.

And he matches the much larger droid for strength, when he was being pushed towards lather.

Loading Video...

he casually picks up car, as if it was filled with helium. then casually places it on the floor. no effort what so ever.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mr. Incredible is stronger, but Maui may be able to pull something off with his hook. Just based off of my memory though I'll go with Mr. Incredible.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Sorry if it seemed like I was lowballing. It’s been a while since I have seen the movie, and I mainly just remember his actual feats being much less impressive than what he claimed to be capable of doing.

When I said street level, I didn’t mean like Batman. I meant more like Spiderman level. Most of the feats you showed would fit into that category. That last one is actually really impressive.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@thoromdil said:

@sirfizzwhizz: blocking the force of the impact says nothing about strenght if you have a magic object to block it, especially if objects absorbs the force and gets destroyed in the process.

I can't see maui repeating the robot feats if he was bested by a crab of similar size

Proof the hook is stated or shown to absorb impacts? I love to see you "prove" this empty assumption in a attempt to low ball.

Also the Hook being damage is still leagues above what Incredible shown strength wise with on blow as you are claiming.

Maui losing to the Crab was also Maui with no powers of his Hook. Even without his powers he took the beating fine. With his Hook he gave hell to the lava being. Nice try to lowball yet again lmao.

Just stop lowballing, you look silly trying to.

@kanyecosby said:

@trust_this_786: Mr Incredible’s suit is bullet proof to high caliber gunfire.

Did you know bullet proof armor does not work vs Knives. Kinda a well known science fact.

https://youtu.be/vq3xKnRan68?t=2s

Not to mention his skin provides little protection to stabs anyway.

@sirfizzwhizz: Sorry if it seemed like I was lowballing. It’s been a while since I have seen the movie, and I mainly just remember his actual feats being much less impressive than what he claimed to be capable of doing.

When I said street level, I didn’t mean like Batman. I meant more like Spiderman level. Most of the feats you showed would fit into that category. That last one is actually really impressive.

Fair enough. mid tier is more accurate for Spider Man overall too by high ends.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maui wins with his axe

Holyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The tattoos don't lie, he doesn't even draw them on, they appear when he does stuff. So, going by his feats of lassoing the sun he wins.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@holyy said:

The tattoos don't lie, he doesn't even draw them on, they appear when he does stuff. So, going by his feats of lassoing the sun he wins.

To be fair, the sun is only the size of a house with a face on it.

No Caption Provided

Tattoos dont lie right?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e59dd5190955
deactivated-5e59dd5190955

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How would Mr. Incredible fare against tamatoa?

Holyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: I'm pretty sure that it's not going to be the same size as the actual thing, I thought that would be obvious. Unless you're saying Maui is that short, which we both know isn't true and it wouldn't make sense to make a tattoo the size of Maui on Maui, therefore why would they do it with the sun?

Holyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Or trying to do it proportionally wouldn't work because we wouldn't be able to see the people or Maui, if you scaled the sun down and humans down to fit on his body.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@holyy said:

@sirfizzwhizz: I'm pretty sure that it's not going to be the same size as the actual thing, I thought that would be obvious. Unless you're saying Maui is that short, which we both know isn't true and it wouldn't make sense to make a tattoo the size of Maui on Maui, therefore why would they do it with the sun?

Your whole argument fails due to several reasons.

One, we have no context how he pulled this off. Was it special circumstances? Was it prep?

Two, if he can lasso a sun which is millions times more mass than the earth, then why was his hook nearly busted in one blow from the lava monster fist slamming which was at best a 1.0 earthquake in force?

Common sense mate.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can tell who has and hasn't seen Moana and yet believe their opinion is anything other than uneducated.....that's a shame.

Maui is the faster and better fighter/warrior of the two by far, not just based on his shape shifting, durability, striking capability and combat speed, he has a relatively large weapon that he can swing like a cane and can put enough magical energy behind it to amputate and block heavy blows from a living volcano much larger than the mall sized Omnidroid v10 which needed the full onslaught of 5 superheros to even threaten it .......... of course it's more durable than Teka, but a heavier hitter? That has yet to be argued. Maui's durability goes beyond blunt force or cut resistance since he got batted with molten jagged stone hands and not some metallic tenta-claws....as for strength, Bob hits harder with his fists and lifts more by far, but he ain't got that Maui swing and endurance....dude matched the force of Teka who is as big as a small mountain and even though Maui would lose his weapon, Bob would die from this kind of impact......

Loading Video...

As long as Maui remains calm and playful Bob has a decent chance, but this is Hercules vs Thor .....if he gets hit with that hammer at full force.....he's getting laid flat out, Maui already has decent physicals in comparison but that hook makes this less than winnable for Bob.

Maui wins.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a6e225c194f8
deactivated-5a6e225c194f8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maui could oneshot

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Maui can also turn into a hawk, dive down at sonic speeds and then turn into a whale and slam Mr. Incredible.

Mr. Incredible is one dimensional. Maui is a superhuman with shape-shifting abilities and can slice things like a lightsaber.

I don't think people are thinking this fight through enough.

Maui should win, although I like them both.

Holyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Holyy

@sirfizzwhizz: Special circumstances, we saw it on his tattoo, nothing seemed special about it to me. Prep? How does prep change the fact he had the strength to do it? What you think he put on his thinking cap and created a machine to do it Reed Richards style? As for the hook, there's several possible reasons for that. Maybe the hook got weaker after time, I don't recall it being said not to weaken, haven't watched it in a while. Maybe, the blow was powerful enough, and Disney didn't care about making equivalent collateral damage. After all, if you lasso the sun closer, the Earth probably would burn up, not to mention probably throw other planets out of orbit fucking up the entire solar system. I could probably go watch The Incredibles and find all the scientific, illogical mistakes, but I have the "common sense," to understand it's a fictional movie made by. . . Disney. If you want "context," then the best I can give you is this https://mauikayakadventures.com/maui/legends-of-maui/

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Mr Incredible is awesome. He's also a bit underrated in these kinds of threads. But Maui is a god man

Joesha_Thorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Firstly context. Tamatoa when he first saw Maui during the "SHINY", he was very afraid that Maui is back. Afterall Maui did defeat him in the past and broke the Decapod's leg. But Maui during "Shiny"has lost his touch after a thousand years without his Hook. Maui vs Te ka however was Maui having his mojo back and bringing is A game. Te ka was like the Queen of the Pantheon of some sort. She is like a low-level Skyfather. Maui is not even a full god, but a Demi-god. The impact with Te ka if calculated should be close to nuke level megatons, being able to cause tidal waves.

Joesha_Thorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That being said, Maui with his A game will completely bust THE Incredibles. Only Jack Jack will be able to stop him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6891767abb2
deactivated-5c6891767abb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With Hook beats Bob, but without i do not buy this lassoing sun or lifting skies with thumbs.

Maui's song is only showing that Maui is exactly analogy of Greek Hercules with his 12 labours.

lilcabbage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mr.incredible has better feats

JHG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say Maui. He's a demigod and son of the Earth.

Joesha_Thorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Understood, given that this is disneyverse and feats from a song, it's hard to take it seriously. However, at the end, Maui did get a new tattoo of "aiding Moana", shows that those feats are canon, off screen but canon.

With Hook beats Bob, but without i do not buy this lassoing sun or lifting skies with thumbs.

Maui's song is only showing that Maui is exactly analogy of Greek Hercules with his 12 labours.

Joesha_Thorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Joesha_Thorite

@lilcabbage:

Bob has more feats given that Incredibles ( I & II) are his family's story. Moana, however, is Moana story with Maui being part of it. Disney just have to do a Maui animated like they did with Big hero 6, Young Herc, Lilo & Stitch. That will open a wide array of Polynesian stories, myths and legends, monsters of Lalotai and the Mythic power of Mighty Maui.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maui

morgadc1887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mr. Incredible

ReaperTheGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhg: Hows maui a demigod. both his parents were humans.

Avatar image for deactivated-610bd31442771
deactivated-610bd31442771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the you're welcome guy

lil_cabbage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers