Death!

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Order and Chaos made In-Betweener, who made Death nothing more than a servant who he bossed around. Not hard to tell who wins.

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By cosmic_reign

DEATH or Stalemate

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DEATH or Stalemate

Death's inferior to In-Betweener, so she'd lose against his superiors.

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmic_reign said:

DEATH or Stalemate

?

Are you referring to when IB summoned Death back in Bronze/Modern Silver Surfer books?

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect said:
@cosmic_reign said:

DEATH or Stalemate

?

Are you referring to when IB summoned Death back in Bronze/Modern Silver Surfer books?

That, and being stated to be superior to her in retrospectives.

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cosmic_reign

@professorrespect:

Summoning an entity to do it's own function, or even to do one's bidding doesn't always mean that a summoner is greater than what it summons... IMO

IB also states that Galactus is his exact counterpart.

Would you put Galactus above Death?

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor Beat The Inbetweener Galen beat him in a good Fight why is he being mentioned here?

OT!- Death can't be beaten by anything less then The Beyonder who makes Abstracts like Chaos and order look like children .....Even abstracts can die ...Order and Chaos are just parts that can cause Death. Death is greater then both. The beam in which Chaos and order are balanced too

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect:

Summoning an entity to do it's own function, or even to do one's bidding doesn't always mean that a summoner is greater than what it summons... IMO

Actually it is, especially when Death didn't want to do what he was asking but was forced into it. That's direct cosmological superiority.

Which is more about both of them representing balance than in terms of power levels.

SirDragonFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect:

Galactus and Watcher summoned Eternity, doesn't mean they are stronger than him. Chaos War Hercules was implied to be able to summon the Living Tribunal, doesn't mean he is stronger than him.

Yes, and In-Betweener's power output was also matched by classic Thanos.

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cosmic_reign
@professorrespect said:

Actually it is, especially when Death didn't want to do what he was asking but was forced into it. That's direct cosmological superiority.

Which is more about both of them representing balance than in terms of power levels.

Agree to an extent, and disagree as well!

To fully agree would be for me to admit that someone like the Summoner(Apocs gson) is greater than every single Outer-Realm, Lovecraftian monster that he summoned during X of Swords. I think there's exceptions! *Also, the Vishanti summoning LT doesn't scale them above him!

Agree

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect said:

To fully agree would be for me to admit that someone like the Summoner(Apocs gson) is greater than every single Outer-Realm, Lovecraftian monster that he summoned during X of Swords

This is implying that I think the fact of summoning equals superiority. It doesn't, and my point was never that. It's the fact that he did summon Death, as well as commanding her to do his bidding despite Death not wanting to help out.

I think there's exceptions! *Also, the Vishanti summoning LT doesn't them above him!

Sure.

SirDragonFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SirDragonFly

Killemall debunked Professor's wank 8 years ago:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/death-of-the-endless-dc-vs-oblivion-marvel-1484905/?page=1#js-message-10070024

No Caption Provided

@cosmic_reign:

Impulse785

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thor Beat The Inbetweener Galen beat him in a good Fight why is he being mentioned here?

OT!- Death can't be beaten by anything less then The Beyonder who makes Abstracts like Chaos and order look like children .....Even abstracts can die ...Order and Chaos are just parts that can cause Death. Death is greater then both. The beam in which Chaos and order are balanced too

Post or Pre-Reton Beyonder?

You think Mistress Death is stronger than Molecule Man, Living Tribunal, Eternity and Infinity?

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impulse785: Not LT but yeah she should be a part of eternity Infinity so not stronger but yeah part of.

LT is different Hes the Whim of TOAA. Molecule Man isn't beyond death he too can die.

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cosmic_reign
@sirdragonfly said:
@cosmic_reign said:

@professorrespect:

Galactus and Watcher summoned Eternity, doesn't mean they are stronger than him. Chaos War Hercules was implied to be able to summon the Living Tribunal, doesn't mean he is stronger than him.

Yes, and In-Betweener's power output was also matched by classic Thanos.

^ Case in point EXACTLY!

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BreakOfDawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Death should stomp.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Death should stomp.

Death is directly inferior to her opponents, so not at all.

BreakOfDawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bob74h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Death just sends her boyfriend thanos to deal with these guys, No need to get her hands dirty

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bob74h said:

Death just sends her boyfriend thanos to deal with these guys, No need to get her hands dirty

Thanos needed In-Betweener depowered completely just to handle him in combat. He gets shit-stomped by these two very easily.

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By cosmic_reign
@professorrespect said:

@cosmic_reign: None of this contests any of my points.

How is a being that balances out Eternity(as a whole) less than a being that balances out functions within Eternitys inner functions?

The only way IB would stand a chance is if he were to upset the Cosmic balance in a different Abstracts favor. IMO

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect said:

@cosmic_reign: None of this contests any of my points.

How is a being that balances out Eternity(as a whole) less than a being that balances out functions within Eternitys inner functions?

By the fact that one commands the other with distinction, and the other can't do anything about it. Direct cosmological gaps displayed there.

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By cosmic_reign

@professorrespect:

I added to my post...

Either way, I think you're missing the obvious Cosmic hierarchy, power and authority of these beings!

Feat-wise, anything can happen with plot and context....

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect:

I added to my post...

Either way, I think you're missing the obvious Cosmic hierarchy, power and authority of these beings!

Plot and context aren't factors here, through. It's a battle between two subjects with morals potent enough to fight against each other. One has shown direct superiority to the other.

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmic_reign said:

@professorrespect:

I added to my post...

Plot and context aren't factors here, through. It's a battle between two subjects with morals potent enough to fight against each other. One has shown direct superiority to the other.

By summoning? 😆

If you believe the Vishanti are greater than LT or G and Watcher greater than Eternity or Summoner greater than anything it summons, then I'll agree to disagree!

Still going with DEATH here vs Order/Chaos

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ProfessorRespect
@cosmic_reign said:
@professorrespect said:
@cosmic_reign said:

@professorrespect:

I added to my post...

By summoning?

As stated above a few times over, that's not my point. You're just debating someone else in that case as we've already laid out my case just fine. So, not by "summoning" through you probably already know that.

If you believe the Vishanti are greater than LT or G

Again, this is not my point. Allow me to quote myself: "This is implying that I think the fact of summoning equals superiority. It doesn't, and my point was never that. It's the fact that he did summon Death, as well as commanding her to do his bidding despite Death not wanting to help out."

Unless you missed this, it's clear you aren't arguing with this point, just someone else that's not me. Fine enough in that case, but it doesn't particularly prove anything.

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By cosmic_reign

@professorrespect:

Hmmm...

Anyway, the context to IB summoning Death in the 1st place was bc IB could NOT defeat the other Elders, in which Death came and bailed him out! Why would IB summon Death to bail him out if he's more powerful than her? Lol

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect:

Hmmm...

Anyway, the context to IB summoning Death in the 1st place was bc IB could NOT defeat the other Elders

Because the Elders were immortal? That was why he got Death in to get her to get around the issue.

ElSpectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ElSpectrum

Should be close, nothing suggest that they are one above each other by feats and Death is not neccesary the most relevant of the abstract in power. I would side with Master Order and Lord Chaos for being two abstracts by themselves.

BreakOfDawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BreakOfDawn
@professorrespect said:
@breakofdawn said:
@professorrespect said:
@breakofdawn said:

Death should stomp.

How?

By the above discussion already had?

Which doesn't seem to stress enough that Death is well above them in the cosmic hierarchy.

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmic_reign said:

@professorrespect:

Hmmm...

Anyway, the context to IB summoning Death in the 1st place was bc IB could NOT defeat the other Elders

Because the Elders were immortal? That was why he got Death in to get her to get around the issue.

Fair

Did Death KILL the Elders for IB? Bc from what I remember, the Elders are Immortal bc of Death!

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect said:
@breakofdawn said:
@professorrespect said:
@breakofdawn said:

Death should stomp.

How?

By the above discussion already had?

Which doesn't seem to stress enough that Death is well above them in the cosmic hierarchy.

If she was above them, then she wouldn't be bossed around by their lesser construct. She can be wherever on the scale, but that factor into their power remains. She's stated to only "preserve" the natural forces, not be beyond them.

@professorrespect said:
@cosmic_reign said:

@professorrespect:

Hmmm...

Fair

Did Death KILL the Elders for IB? Bc from what I remember, the Elders are Immortal bc of Death!

She killed three of the lesser ones, but considering they've showed up in later comics, one can assume this wasn't the case forever as per the Elders' immortality.

BreakOfDawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: If she was above them, then she wouldn't be bossed around by their lesser construct. She can be wherever on the scale, but that factor into their power remains. She's stated to only "preserve" the natural forces, not be beyond them.

I see. So you think the duo could take Eternity?

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By cosmic_reign
@professorrespect

She killed three of the lesser ones, but considering they've showed up in later comics, one can assume this wasn't the case forever as per the Elders' immortality.

More accurately, as per Deaths allowance!

That particular story was a showcase for In-Betweener, so obviously per plot, he's gonna have good showings... but with context!

Again tho, In-Betweener is the balancer of an inner function(Order/Chaos) of ETERNITY, whom DEATH itself happens to be the balancer of. Note the levels...

OT

Death by hierarchy should scale above Order/Chaos... Tho I do believe lesser Abstracts can defeat Prime Abstracts by way of tilting balances!

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: If she was above them, then she wouldn't be bossed around by their lesser construct. She can be wherever on the scale, but that factor into their power remains. She's stated to only "preserve" the natural forces, not be beyond them.

I see. So you think the duo could take Eternity?

Eternity jobs endlessly, it's impossible to judge the poor guy.

@professorrespect

More accurately, as per Deaths allowance!

We don't know that. Death killed them definitively for a while and they showed up again later through some means. The most reasonable assumption would be that the Elders simply came back to life, as they've done before when being "destroyed" by threats who'd seek to eliminate them.

Again tho, In-Betweener is the balancer of an inner function(Order/Chaos) of ETERNITY, whom DEATH itself happens to be the balancer of

Death preserves the natural forces, but isn't above them.

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By cosmic_reign
@professorrespect said:

We don't know that. Death killed them definitively for a while and they showed up again later through some means. The most reasonable assumption would be that the Elders simply came back to life, as they've done before when being "destroyed" by threats who'd seek to eliminate them.

We do know that tho... I'm sure you know the Elders history/myths!?

Agree... BUT *Note the levels...

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect said:

We do know that tho... I'm sure you know the Elders history!?

Agree... BUT *Note the levels...

I do, but the Elders can and have returned from beings far stronger than them wiping them from existence. It's their unique immortality that allows them to show up again and again.

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By cosmic_reign
@professorrespect said:

I do, but the Elders can and have returned from beings far stronger than them wiping them from existence. It's their unique immortality that allows them to show up again and again.

Sure, the Elders can be destroyed and even erased.... but THEY CAN'T DIE due to Death blessing them with NO access/acceptance into her domain!-- out of respect though, since each Elder is the last survivor of its race.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tend to agree with Professor quite a bit, but..

Cmon, Death wins this, no contest.

Impulse785

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Quite Interesting I thought maybe she could beat one of them but both of them wow

@bob74h said:

I mean Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet would beat all 3 at the same time like he did in the Infinity Gauntlet comics lol

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By cosmic_reign

Yeah, Dookie should stick to RTs...

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:

That's not a argument. We've seen the tale of the tape and Chaos and Order have direct superiority over herself while the latter has not been shown to be the case.

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By dami24434

@professorrespect: wtf? in-betweener had to combined with elders of the universe to even challenge Shuma gorath

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/D6RzwkcWZdfZZ1RHoTT1LVqPHlgeP4McMxK4N-f6DywcTPv0pP6PiLx_Yqj3mcQ6D1JaB-oY0kpEQ1Sz2hpxyTzX0V27ZaSi36KxpdOqVFGBnAdpuJPYmwkh5-mXhwufHEAkcXaY1Q=s1600

who is stated to be a servant of mistress death on panel?

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/D6RzwkcWZdfZZ1RHoTT1LVqPHlgeP4McMxK4N-f6DywcTPv0pP6PiLx_Yqj3mcQ6D1JaB-oY0kpEQ1Sz2hpxyTzX0V27ZaSi36KxpdOqVFGBnAdpuJPYmwkh5-mXhwufHEAkcXaY1Q=s1600

Need i say more? Death in classic marvel doesn't and never does release he power or fight ... That's without counting death superior feats like giving Thanos enough power to clap multi eternity

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Death is way beyond order and chaos especially modern Comics Version.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@professorrespect: wtf? in-betweener had to combined with elders of the universe to even challenge Shuma gorath

That's cool, but erm, Order and Chaos are leagues beyond Betweener for obvious reasons. Shuma is a threat already so I can't imagine this being a anti-feat.

Need i say more? Death in classic marvel doesn't and never does release he power

Incorrect, Death's been outright outclassed by even Grandmaster back in the day when he was able to drain it of all of its energy thanks to a distraction.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:

That's not a argument. We've seen the tale of the tape and Chaos and Order have direct superiority over herself while the latter has not been shown to be the case.

She most certainly would stomp these fodders.