Master Daruma (Samurai 8) vs Post-TS Zoro (OP)

• 174 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for westwood_trevor
#1 Edited by Westwood_Trevor (2028 posts) - - Show Bio

Master Daruma & Steed Holder
Master Daruma & Steed Holder

No Caption Provided
Pre-Dressrosa Zoro
Pre-Dressrosa Zoro

RULES:

• no knowledge
  • canon feats
  • speed equalized
  • no preparation
  • win by death or K.O.

If you need Daruma's feats or anything else --->https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/titles/100059 . . . chapter 5 shows the most (so far)

#2 Posted by Djoss (700 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5d065fa72d466
#3 Posted by deactivated-5d065fa72d466 (2222 posts) - - Show Bio

Daruma stomps

#4 Posted by Westwood_Trevor (2028 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by deactivated-5d065fa72d466 (2222 posts) - - Show Bio

@westwood_trevor: Could go either way, leaning towards Daruma.

I just re-read the chapter, Daruma wins low - mid diff.

#6 Posted by Djoss (700 posts) - - Show Bio

@westwood_trevor: still isn't enough. Hachimaru cut a tank with a no name attack before the training, Zoro in this time was still learning to cut steel, Daruma probably clears PTS Zoro we just need more speed feats.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7ba2bb87d2e
#7 Posted by deactivated-5d7ba2bb87d2e (1532 posts) - - Show Bio

Daruma has speed feats greater than cutting a tank on half with a casual attack. But he has no speed feats.

#8 Posted by Westwood_Trevor (2028 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_stark: @weebbicboi: @djoss:

Actually we can assume that Master Daruma could be faster than Hachimaru (who was able to react to cannonballs from around 10-12 feet of distance). Also him being able to effortlesly react and destroy missiles. . .

However I agree with you. Let's wait the new chapter(s)!

#9 Edited by deactivated-5d065fa72d466 (2222 posts) - - Show Bio

@westwood_trevor: I'm more hyped for Boruto tbh

I mean, what the frick Jigen.. These monthly releases are killing me.

Samurai 8 is dope as hell tho

#10 Posted by Westwood_Trevor (2028 posts) - - Show Bio

@westwood_trevor: I'm more hyped for Boruto tbh

I mean, what the frick Jigen.. These monthly releases are killing me.

Samurai 8 is dope as hell tho

Ahaha, same here.

No Caption Provided

#11 Posted by zxc6 (743 posts) - - Show Bio

Zoro

#12 Edited by deactivated-5d7ba2bb87d2e (1532 posts) - - Show Bio

@westwood_trevor: @weebbicboi: S8 is good I'm liking it.

Also Hachimarui didn't react to the tank round wasn't it the other guy he become friends with whi did that? Because Hachimarui grabbed the wrong sword and he couldn't draw it out.

#13 Posted by Wot_m8 (2392 posts) - - Show Bio

Daruma should stomp once he gets speed feats.

Hachimaru casually sliced a giant tank made of reinforced steel but easn't able to put a scratch on the giant holders that Daruma sliced apart.

So in that sense, he is much more proficient than Zoro who could at best barely cut steel at this point.

#14 Posted by Wot_m8 (2392 posts) - - Show Bio

@westwood_trevor: @weebbicboi: S8 is good I'm liking it.

Also Hachimarui didn't react to the tank round wasn't it the other guy he become friends with whi did that? Because Hachimarui grabbed the wrong sword and he couldn't draw it out.

Nanashi is physically very weak. He has never even been outside in his life and when he did, he was visibly trembling by just walking alone. That feat is entirely Hachimaru's, the only thing Nanashi did was unsheathe the sword since it required his finger prints.

#15 Posted by Token1300 (892 posts) - - Show Bio

Technically he did blitz giant stone robots the size of small hills, and most likely dodged their missles. He also seems to be able to have very high senses, being blind n all. Plus the cat has guns and armor he can switch to in a heartbeat.

The samurai seem to be very versatile, they kind of remind me of DC’s green Lanterns since the form of their weapons and tech aren’t static and can change.

#16 Posted by deactivated-5d7ba2bb87d2e (1532 posts) - - Show Bio

@wot_m8: Nanashi ran from behind a fence at least 3 meters away and unsheathed it before the bullet arrived that's a very good speed for him.

#17 Posted by Wot_m8 (2392 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_stark: Indeed he did. I misread your comment, I thought you said it was Nanashi who cut the canon balls. Yes, Nanashi is fast now that I think about it.

Hachimaru also quite easily was perceiving the canon balls but was merely unable to defend himself without a sword.

Speaking of, Hachimaru tanked a canon shot and a fall from hundreds of meters without even a scratch.

Add to that, Samurai cannot be hurt via regular weapons since Hachimaru couldn't even scratch a holder or Ronin yet was able to cut steel tanks.

Yup, Zoro gets stomped here.

#18 Posted by Westwood_Trevor (2028 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_stark:

@wot_m8 said:

@mister_stark: Indeed he did. I misread your comment, I thought you said it was Nanashi who cut the canon balls. Yes, Nanashi is fast now that I think about it.

Hachimaru also quite easily was perceiving the canon balls but was merely unable to defend himself without a sword.

Speaking of, Hachimaru tanked a canon shot and a fall from hundreds of meters without even a scratch.

Add to that, Samurai cannot be hurt via regular weapons since Hachimaru couldn't even scratch a holder or Ronin yet was able to cut steel tanks.

Yup, Zoro gets stomped here.

Yup, seems like humans (can we call 'em humans?) in Samurai 8 'verse are pretty fast. Indeed, Hachi was the one who cut in half the Butank.

I'll wait other Daruma's feats before changing Zoro again. . . even if "Silent Slash" seems like a tricky and darn hard-to-avoid power. I mean. . . you swing your blade in a direction and the thing you aimed gets slashed after a definite amount of time.

#20 Posted by Adi_Frost (1054 posts) - - Show Bio

@westwood_trevor: Hachimaru was able to cut tanks with easy but he couldn't even scratch the giants in the previous chapter. But Daruma casually cut those giants. The giants were big but it's skin was also way more harder than entire tanks.
Also, like you said, the time slash. I think Daruma takes it.

#21 Posted by Wot_m8 (2392 posts) - - Show Bio

@westwood_trevor: Hachimaru was able to cut tanks with easy but he couldn't even scratch the giants in the previous chapter. But Daruma casually cut those giants. The giants were big but it's skin was also way more harder than entire tanks.

Also, like you said, the time slash. I think Daruma takes it.

Add to that the fact that A regular Katana cannot harm a Samurai armor. Hachimaru who was able to slice steel casually was unable to scratch the Ronin's armor, the same one Daruma wears now.

What the hell is Zoro gonna do against that when his best feat is barely cutting steel?

#22 Edited by keiser994 (516 posts) - - Show Bio

Daruma stomps. Also precognition gives him a huge advantage.

Trevor, you should change Alabasta Zoro with a version above.

#23 Posted by BrainDrain (1278 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea.....Daruma is near EoS Sasuke level with Scaling from Ata, this is a mismatch.

#24 Posted by LitGen (149 posts) - - Show Bio

It is way too early for this. I'd say give them a year before you start using S8 Characters.

#25 Edited by Westwood_Trevor (2028 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by TOPAZZZ (2035 posts) - - Show Bio

smells like spite

#27 Posted by Westwood_Trevor (2028 posts) - - Show Bio

@topazzz said:

smells like spite

Could you please tell me against which one of 'em? It's been a while since I've read Pre-TS arcs and I can't remember well certain Zoro's feats.

Thanks in advance.

#28 Posted by JuzaCloud (3862 posts) - - Show Bio

Daruma da cat master is MFTL with continental cutting force. He clashed swords with a blitzing Ata. Get ya logic together. If you have any questions about Samurai 8 ask me. I am the most knowledgeable on its very extensive and collection of history.

No Caption Provided

#29 Posted by Wot_m8 (2392 posts) - - Show Bio

@westwood_trevor: Daruma is still above Zoro by a huge margin. Being able to cut Hill sized statues harder than steel and all.

#30 Posted by keiser994 (516 posts) - - Show Bio

@wot_m8: I think it's a bit closer than this. Zoro fought against Oars, even if he was helped and with high diff. sure Oars is not as hard as those Guardian Holders...but at least Zoro injured a bit Bartholomew.

I think the worst part for Zoro is Daruma's precognition.

#31 Posted by Wot_m8 (2392 posts) - - Show Bio

@keiser994: Nah, I don't think Zoro has any chance at all. Daruma wins this low-mid diff and it's only gonna get worse for Zoro in the coming chapters.

#32 Posted by keiser994 (516 posts) - - Show Bio

@wot_m8: Hmmm yeah, this Zoro still can't effortlesly cut something far harder than steel like the Guardians, like Daruma did...and besides his precognition once Master uses the Samurai Armor + all his flying shields...it's over. At least against chapter 5 Daruma.

@westwood_trevor In my opinion this Zoro should be changed with Post Timeskip Sabaody Zoro, where he can finally cut with ease Pacifista and has learned Haki.

#33 Posted by TOPAZZZ (2035 posts) - - Show Bio

@westwood_trevor: daruma has precog and quantifiably more powerful strikes (cutting constructs stronger than steel)

#34 Posted by Westwood_Trevor (2028 posts) - - Show Bio

@wot_m8: @keiser994: @topazzz:

Got it. I'll change this Zoro with Post-TS Zoro (Pre-Dressrosa) and see how it goes.

Thanks, guys.

#35 Posted by Token1300 (892 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly think S8 tiers are gonna be massively above EOS Naruto. I recall someone saying Daruma’s human nickname was “Starbreaker Dog” so he may have been much more impressive in his human form.

#36 Edited by Adi_Frost (1054 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that a different version of zoro is being used, the outcome changes imo.

Well, I honestly think Daruma in the next few chapters is going to scale to Ata which will make him above any one piece character by a margin.

But if we go by current feats, without using any kind of scaling from Ata or using the hype that Daruma has, Daruma should be above Hachimaru who could react to canon balls at extremely close range. But that's still below Zoro's speed. But the speed is equalised so that's moot.

Daruma bisected those small hill sized holders whose mere upper skin is harder than entire tanks made out of material harder than normal tanks. I think this feat should be above Zoro's feat of cutting a ship or defeating a pacifista with the help of sanji.

Daruma also blocked Ata in the latest chapter. That should put his blocking fairly above anything this version of Zoro can dish.

Not to mentions Daruma has precog and some other ability that is unknown to us right now. So yeah.
Daruma takes it. Though this will probably turn into a stomp by Daruma as the next chapter of Samurai 8 releases.

#37 Posted by keiser994 (516 posts) - - Show Bio

What @Adi_Frost said.

I'm curious to see what Daruma at his peak can do. He was called the Star Breaker Samurai at his prime.

#38 Posted by Kalebsmarty156 (4140 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by Westwood_Trevor (2028 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by Kalebsmarty156 (4140 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by Wot_m8 (2392 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by Kalebsmarty156 (4140 posts) - - Show Bio

@wot_m8: Lol I can't wait to get flooded with more insults :)

#43 Posted by Westwood_Trevor (2028 posts) - - Show Bio

@westwood_trevor said:
@kalebsmarty156 said:

@braindrain: Hi hope :)

He was banned like 3 days ago, I guess. . . insults in multiple threads.

Smh... even after being warned? No wonder he's not raging at me.

Some people never change.

Anyway, what do you think about this battle?

#44 Edited by Kalebsmarty156 (4140 posts) - - Show Bio

@westwood_trevor: Daruma. Didn't he cut an object thats harder than steel or was that hachimaru? Him intercepting ATA is impressive. No one but him was able to react to ATA surprise Attack.

Edit: didn't know speed was equalized. Daruma still takes it.

#45 Posted by Wot_m8 (2392 posts) - - Show Bio

@kalebsmarty156: Zoro's best feat is like cutting a hill sized stone Pica. Impressive but Daruma himself stomped two hill sized harder than steel guardians.

Zoro cannot beat him. He has been rather lack luster since the time skip.

#46 Edited by Westwood_Trevor (2028 posts) - - Show Bio

@kalebsmarty156 said:

@westwood_trevor: Daruma. Didn't he cut an object thats harder than steel or was that hachimaru?

Both. . . well, in the last chapter Hachi just cut an arm of one of those Gurdian Holders.

No Caption Provided

Daruma btw was effortlesly able to cut in half one of 'em without even swinging his Soul Blade against him. . . and the other one got the same threatment.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

#47 Posted by Kalebsmarty156 (4140 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5d3b5ee4922c4
#48 Posted by deactivated-5d3b5ee4922c4 (917 posts) - - Show Bio

Daruma has speed feats greater than cutting a tank on half with a casual attack. But he has no speed feats.

#49 Posted by Westwood_Trevor (2028 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by Wot_m8 (2392 posts) - - Show Bio

Daruma one shots based on this.

No Caption Provided

Apparently according to the leaks, he only used a toothpick to create it. Whether that part is true or not, he still one shots.

Lock this.