Master Chief vs Wolverine

Avatar image for thegentlemanrogue
thegentlemanrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No way in hell MC is faster than Wolverine. In Weapon X First class Wolverine combat reaction time was listed as .038, which is around 6-7 faster than the Average human finger tip reaction. That means if you were taking a reaction speed test where your respond by pressing a botton after you witness a light, that inbetween the time it takes for your mind to register the light and for you to press the button... Wolverine could punch you full boar six to seven times in the face.

And the idea that Master Chief is a better fighter than Wolverine is laughable, he isn't even on the same page... hell Master Chief isn't even reading the right book.

mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By mattek
@progenitor said:

" Depending on the situation, the weapons involved, the environment.  I don't see why Wolverine wouldn't have H2H combat over Chief, even if Logan's been shamed before in H2H.  If it were H2H, I think Wolverine would have a good chance of piercing the armor with his adamantium claws and tag Chief with a critical shot.  I go with Wolverine on this, unless conditions in OP change. "

When John first started really noticing his augmentations taking a noticeable effect, time literally slowed down for him. He felt as if the universe suddenly came to a crawl and he was moving a super speed. He accidentally killed a marine in a 3v1 sparring match simply by punching him and crushed the other guys arm and bones into dust. He had to train in 10x gravity or so for things to feel normal. With his armor, all of his abilities are multiplied. 
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#53  Edited By Erik

Not sure how that gives him the win. 

mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By mattek
@erik said:

" Not sure how that gives him the win.  "

Well, if you haven't read the book then that's why you're not sure. =)
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Erik
@mattek said:
" @erik said:

Well, if you haven't read the book then that's why you're not sure. =) "
You are clearly missing my point. That is okay, I will explain it for you. The abilities you listed are unimpressive by super hero standards and nothing that Wolverine has not had to deal with many many times before. 
mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By mattek
@erik said:

" @mattek said:

" @erik said:

You are clearly missing my point. That is okay, I will explain it for you. The abilities you listed are unimpressive by super hero standards and nothing that Wolverine has not had to deal with many many times before.  "
No, you're missing my point. Read the books. 

The magnitude of the feats are far greater than whay I've made them out to be. Unfortunately, I don't remember exactly how the author laid it out so I can't explain it very well, but I will get my book when I get home tonight and lay it out for you step by step if that's what you require.  =)
Avatar image for thegentlemanrogue
thegentlemanrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:
" @mattek said:
" @erik said:

You are clearly missing my point. That is okay, I will explain it for you. The abilities you listed are unimpressive by super hero standards and nothing that Wolverine has not had to deal with many many times before.  "
Not to mention that aside from than the gravity thing Wolverine has actually done both the things mentioned in that post. He has accidently killed some Hyrda goons while holding back his punches, and crushed bones and metal with his grip. On the gravity matter, Wolverine has fought in increased gravity as far as I could remember, but Leland increased his mass so much that the building actually gave out under him before Wolverine stopped.
Edgehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Edgehunter

Wolverine for the easy win.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Erik
@mattek said: 
No, you're missing my point. Read the books.   The magnitude of the feats are far greater than whay I've made them out to be. Unfortunately, I don't remember exactly how the author laid it out so I can't explain it very well, but I will get my book when I get home tonight and lay it out for you step by step if that's what you require.  =) "
I understand your point. How about you provide the information to someone who readily admits he has only a rudimentary knowledge on a character? I am not going to digest several novels just to tool you in a thread. If they were comic books sure, but it is a general consensus that his comic books are lackluster at best. I am actually requesting information from you even though that is one slippery slope to scale. 
-Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60  Edited By -Eclipse-
@mattek: Learn how to debate. All you're doing is treating everyone else like an idiot because they haven't "read the books". Maybe YOU should read some Wolverine comics?
mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By mattek
@-Eclipse- said:

" @mattek: Learn how to debate. All you're doing is treating everyone else like an idiot because they haven't "read the books". Maybe YOU should read some Wolverine comics? "

I've read almost all of Logan's comics. He's by far one of my favorite comic characters. There is no debate here. MC simply wins a H2H fight to the knock out. To the Death, I'd give it to Logan.

@erik said:

" @mattek said: 

No, you're missing my point. Read the books.   The magnitude of the feats are far greater than whay I've made them out to be. Unfortunately, I don't remember exactly how the author laid it out so I can't explain it very well, but I will get my book when I get home tonight and lay it out for you step by step if that's what you require.  =) "
I understand your point. How about you provide the information to someone who readily admits he has only a rudimentary knowledge on a character? I am not going to digest several novels just to tool you in a thread. If they were comic books sure, but it is a general consensus that his comic books are lackluster at best. I am actually requesting information from you even though that is one slippery slope to scale.  "

What sort of information are you requesting? Strength feats? Speed feats? You haven't aimed a single question in my direction yet. I'll be glad to provide, though.
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#62  Edited By geraldthesloth

Logan shoes Master Cheif the real animal.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Erik
@mattek said:   
@erik said: 
I understand your point. How about you provide the information to someone who readily admits he has only a rudimentary knowledge on a character? I am not going to digest several novels just to tool you in a thread. If they were comic books sure, but it is a general consensus that his comic books are lackluster at best. I am actually requesting information from you even though that is one slippery slope to scale.  "
What sort of information are you requesting? Strength feats? Speed feats? You haven't aimed a single question in my direction yet. I'll be glad to provide, though. "
You have to be the most irritating user active on the vine right now. You either are not reading my posts or are failing to understand them. Provide accurate information on the character. 
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@erik said:
" @mattek said: 
I mean, its gonna be tough for you to provide information, considering most of his feats are in the novel. Haha, do you want scanned sentences?
mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By mattek
@erik said:
" @mattek said:   
@erik said: 
What sort of information are you requesting? Strength feats? Speed feats? You haven't aimed a single question in my direction yet. I'll be glad to provide, though. "
You have to be the most irritating user active on the vine right now. You either are not reading my posts or are failing to understand them. Provide accurate information on the character.  "
I'm annoying? Dude, look at yourself for a moment. lmfao. My information is 100% accurate taken right from the Halo Novels. What are you not understanding about that?
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Erik
@texasdeathmatch:  
No. I would be completely happy with described accounts of events, though referencing the exact source would be preferred. 
mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By mattek
@erik said:

" @texasdeathmatch:  No. I would be completely happy with described accounts of events, though referencing the exact source would be preferred.  "

Source : Halo : The Fall of Reach

Page number : Wait till I get home.

Happy? Sheesh dude.
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@erik said:

" @texasdeathmatch:  No. I would be completely happy with described accounts of events, though referencing the exact source would be preferred.  "

I mean, like a works cited page? It's not exactly the same thing as comic panel scans. Do you want Mattek to flip through the novels again and get you exact page numbers?
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Erik
@mattek said: 
Book : Halo Reach   Page number : Wait till I get home.  Happy? Sheesh dude. "
That is a start. Now if you would start actually providing feats, that would be awesome. 
mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By mattek
@erik said:

" @mattek said: 

That is a start. Now if you would start actually providing feats, that would be awesome.  "
MJOLNIR alone weighs 1 ton. A Fully equipped Warthog can weigh from 5 tons up to 9 tons. Chief can toss a Warthog easily. I've provided you with several other feats so far as well, but you seem to ignore them and jump on my back about irrelevant issues. I don't even see a point in trying to convince you.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Erik
@mattek said:
" @erik said:
" @mattek said: 
That is a start. Now if you would start actually providing feats, that would be awesome.  "
MJOLNIR alone weighs 1 ton. A Fully equipped Warthog can weigh from 5 tons up to 9 tons. Chief can toss a Warthog easily. I've provided you with several other feats so far as well, but you seem to ignore them and jump on my back about irrelevant issues. "
What other "relevant" issues and feats have you provided? Furthermore, you said that the armor enhances the users stats, meaning that the weight of the armor is useless as it is likely countered by the strength boost given from wearing the damned thing. Same thing goes for your other listed feats. 
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By FinalStar86

Wolverine would have a better chance then Cap would

mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By mattek
@erik said:

" @mattek said:

" @erik said:
" @mattek said: 
MJOLNIR alone weighs 1 ton. A Fully equipped Warthog can weigh from 5 tons up to 9 tons. Chief can toss a Warthog easily. I've provided you with several other feats so far as well, but you seem to ignore them and jump on my back about irrelevant issues. "
What other "relevant" issues and feats have you provided? Furthermore, you said that the armor enhances the users stats, meaning that the weight of the armor is useless as it is likely countered by the strength boost given from wearing the damned thing. Same thing goes for your other listed feats.  "
*smacks forehead.*

Dude...I'm sorry but it's really pointless talking to someone as unreasonable as you.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Erik
@mattek:  
Yes I know. Logic is impossible for you to compute. 
mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By mattek
@erik said:

" @mattek:  Yes I know. Logic is impossible for you to compute.  "

Logic has nothing to with understanding plain English. Multiple people have cited feats directly from the books and you still refuse to accept them.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Erik
@mattek said: 
Logic has nothing to with understanding plain English. Multiple people have cited feats directly from the books and you still refuse to accept them. "
Where are these multiple people? Where are their posts? Quote them.
mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By mattek

Read through the pages yourself. They are there. We all seem to be able to seem them. I'm not doing the dirty work for you if you're just going to discredit the feats anyway.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Erik
@mattek said:
" Read through the pages yourself. They are there. We all seem to be able to seem them. I'm not doing the dirty work for you if you're just going to discredit the feats anyway. "
In other words: "I know that no such posts exist but dare not admit to it because it would be an admission of failure to provide".
mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By mattek
@erik said:
" @mattek said:
" Read through the pages yourself. They are there. We all seem to be able to seem them. I'm not doing the dirty work for you if you're just going to discredit the feats anyway. "
In other words: "I know that no such posts exist but dare not admit to it because it would be an admission of failure to provide". "
No, not in other words. Go to the Fan-Fiction forum if you're going to make stuff up. Thanks.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Erik
@mattek said:
" @erik said:
" @mattek said:
In other words: "I know that no such posts exist but dare not admit to it because it would be an admission of failure to provide". "
No, not in other words. Go to the Fan-Fiction forum if you're going to make stuff up. Thanks. "
So far, I have not made up anything. I have spent an entire page trying to get you to provide information though. Where are my scans? You said you would provide them. I expect them now. 
mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By mattek
@erik said:
" @mattek said:
" @erik said:
" @mattek said:
No, not in other words. Go to the Fan-Fiction forum if you're going to make stuff up. Thanks. "
So far, I have not made up anything. I have spent an entire page trying to get you to provide information though. Where are my scans? You said you would provide them. I expect them now.  "
hahahahahaaaa. You get when I want to give. I'm at work right now so you'll have to wait.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Erik
@mattek said: 
hahahahahaaaa. You get when I want to give. I'm at work right now so you'll have to wait. "
So I can just save my time and call you out right now as a liar and just forget about getting them posted?
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#83  Edited By Matezoide2

Wolverine won a long time ago

mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By mattek
@erik said:

" @mattek said: 

hahahahahaaaa. You get when I want to give. I'm at work right now so you'll have to wait. "

So I can just save my time and call you out right now as a liar and just forget about getting them posted? "
Nope. You'll have em. Be patient my fan-fiction writing pal. =) I told you I was at work the first time I offered the scans. Please, like I've said, read the posts.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Erik
@mattek said: 
Nope. You'll have em. Be patient my fan-fiction writing pal. =) "
I love how you think you are insulting me by saying I write fan-fiction. My you ARE clever. 
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#86  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Matezoide said:
" Wolverine won a long time ago "
I'd say it depends on the weapons Chief gets. I can see him winning with some alien weapons or a rocket launcher.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Matezoide2
@Decoy Elite said:
" @Matezoide said:
I'd say it depends on the weapons Chief gets. I can see him winning with some alien weapons or a rocket launcher. "
well,since the OP said nothing regarding his arsenal,i am assuming Chief gets more ''common'' weapons,like guns,instead of some badass alien device
mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By mattek
@erik said:
" @mattek said: 
Nope. You'll have em. Be patient my fan-fiction writing pal. =) "
I love how you think you are insulting me by saying I write fan-fiction. My you ARE clever.  "
I don't think I'm insulting you. I couldn't care less if you were insulted or not. You make stuff up and that's fact. If you're insulted by that, my apologies. 

I've come to the conclusion that you are too stubborn to change your opinion, even with multiple people posting feats and such. Straight up question - are you willing to reason with and accept the scans I take when I get home or will I be wasting my time?
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Matezoide said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
" @Matezoide said:
I'd say it depends on the weapons Chief gets. I can see him winning with some alien weapons or a rocket launcher. "
well,since the OP said nothing regarding his arsenal,i am assuming Chief gets more ''common'' weapons,like guns,instead of some badass alien device "
The OP didn't say crap. I actually prefer the thread that was made after this one that got locked. I can make an argument based off the Plasma Sword, but I agree that an AR isn't going to cut it. 

Oh quick question, has Wolverine ever cut through a force field?
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Erik
@mattek:  
Since you are the only one who thinks I "make stuff up" then that is fine with me. Seeing as how you are considered by most to be one of the worst debaters here, it only makes your opinion of me that much less... valued. Of course by contrast, one would think that being considered among the worst would cause some sort of self reflection. I think it is safe to say that such things are beyond you. 
Aceofcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Aceofcard

it's time for piss off halo fanboys  Wolverine  stabs Master Cheif  in back when He jacking off his ai girl friend "Cortana"
mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By mattek
@erik said:

" @mattek:  Since you are the only one who thinks I "make stuff up" then that is fine with me. Seeing as how you are considered by most to be one of the worst debaters here, it only makes your opinion of me that much less... valued. Of course by contrast, one would think that being considered among the worst would cause some sort of self reflection. I think it is safe to say that such things are beyond you.  "

And the opinion of people on the internet means exactly what to me? lmfao. Check yourself, dude. On most other comics sites, every single one of these people who rate me as a weak debater would be laughed at, hysterically, for their absurd arguments and bias. Nice try dude. =)
Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, how Wolverine won this, Wolverine is created with 20 century technology and chief with technology of the 23 century?
He is stronger that Wolverine, faster, better in h2h, i mean i like Wolverine, but he can not beat everybody, i mean is hard to sayy it, but Wolverine is not at an "Omnipotent" level.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Erik
@mattek said: 
And the opinion of people on the internet means exactly what to me? lmfao. Check yourself, dude. On most other comics sites, every single one of these people who rate me as a weak debater would be laughed at, hysterically. Nice try dude. =) "
I seriously doubt that.  

I have no doubt that you do not care about your status here on the vine and that is just fine. What you should care about is that no one really wants to even bother with you in the first place. You are labeled a troll for a reason.  

Again, I am not your dude, your bro, or your friend. To quote an awesome movie, "I am your complete stranger". Address me as erik or sir if you must address me at all.  
mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By mattek
@erik said:
" @mattek said: 
And the opinion of people on the internet means exactly what to me? lmfao. Check yourself, dude. On most other comics sites, every single one of these people who rate me as a weak debater would be laughed at, hysterically. Nice try dude. =) "
I seriously doubt that.   I have no doubt that you do not care about your status here on the vine and that is just fine. What you should care about is that no one really wants to even bother with you in the first place. You are labeled a troll for a reason.   Again, I am not your dude, your bro, or your friend. To quote an awesome movie, "I am your complete stranger". Address me as erik or sir if you must address me at all.   "
Alright, bro. I'll make sure to comply with your requests from here on out, dude. Later, friend!
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Decoy Elite
@DeathpooltheT1000 said:
" Ok, how Wolverine won this, Wolverine is created with 20 century technology and chief with technology of the 23 century? He is stronger that Wolverine, faster, better in h2h, i mean i like Wolverine, but he can not beat everybody, i mean is hard to sayy it, but Wolverine is not at an "Omnipotent" level. "
He doesn't need to be that strong to beat Chief. The era of the tech doesn't matter either when you factor in the fact that Earth 616 isn't exactly at normal Earth levels. Wolverine's adamantium claws give him the possibility to get through MC's armor, and outside of his armor MC has normal human durability(despite his enhancements). Personally, I think it depends on weapons, but given "standard" equipment(AR, BR, and grenade) I'd say Wolverine actually takes a majority.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Erik
@mattek:  
Why am I not surprised by your followup post. All I had to do was picture a response that was not funny, not intelligent, and not witty and I had something very similar to what you actually posted. 
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By progenitorigin
@mattek said:
" @progenitor said:

" Depending on the situation, the weapons involved, the environment.  I don't see why Wolverine wouldn't have H2H combat over Chief, even if Logan's been shamed before in H2H.  If it were H2H, I think Wolverine would have a good chance of piercing the armor with his adamantium claws and tag Chief with a critical shot.  I go with Wolverine on this, unless conditions in OP change. "

When John first started really noticing his augmentations taking a noticeable effect, time literally slowed down for him. He felt as if the universe suddenly came to a crawl and he was moving a super speed. He accidentally killed a marine in a 3v1 sparring match simply by punching him and crushed the other guys arm and bones into dust. He had to train in 10x gravity or so for things to feel normal. With his armor, all of his abilities are multiplied.  "

That's interesting, I didn't know that Master Chief had trained in harsh gravity, very Vegeta of him, Lol.  I've actually been debating on another thread about Master Chief, I have no doubt that he's excellent in combat, I mean, most of his great feats come from his usage of weapons in tactical combat.  Otherwise, i've played the games and watched Halo: Legends, and it's hard to really bring up any notable mentions of H2H feats, aside from what you said about him and the marine.  Personally, although I never read all the novels, I was a big fan of Sam (later retconned to Jorge in Reach).
mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By mattek
@erik said:
" @mattek:  Why am I not surprised by your followup post. All I had to do was picture a response that was not funny, not intelligent, and not witty and I had something very similar to what you actually posted.  "
Don't lie. You laughed, you loved it and you lost a smidgen of grumpiness for the day. All is well.
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Decoy Elite
@progenitor: Yeah, all of Chief's best feats are in the Fall of Reach novel, real shame too seeing as that's the one thing no one can actually provide showing from. :(