Master Chief vs Ultimate Spider man (H2H)

• 68 results
sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By sirfizzwhizz
No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided

No Weapons for Chief, but he has his armor and Cortana.

No Webs for Peter, but has his other Spider Powers.

Battle to Death or KO.

Start 5 feet apart here.

No Caption Provided

Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Shot

Spider man with high difficulty. They basically have the same agility and durability, (Chief has been able to run on tiny wooden poles with his bulky armor on and dodge point blank) sorta on par with speed with spider man being faster.

Spider wins because of his strength advantage. Chief is used to be fighting with his weapons and not in h2h since he's very tactical, He wouldn't confront elites and brutes in close combat since they are very efficient and built for close combat.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How durable is Spider-Man?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually, never mind. Its hard to say who'll win. Spider-Man is clearly stronger in pure strength. Master Chief is more durable. Based on the respect thread, Spider-Man isn't very durable, but I can't recall any impressive damage output on Chief's behalf. He was able to wreck Mark I armour when he was 14 (outside of his suit), but other than that its in the air.

I'll say stalemate for now.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@monsterstomp: look up Ultimate Spider-Man Tribute Thread for a collection of durability feats.

Guy does tank car ripping tentacles of Dock Ock many times and keeps chugging, full blows of earth cratering Goblin, tanked free falling from sky scraper height through a building saying only ow, and has feats of withstanding full on car bomb at his back with no serious problems. He is pretty durable as the next Spider character. He even been slammed through the street head first by hulk, and was slight dazed.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By zaied

Spider-Man. He'll just outmanuever and outpunch Chief who struggles against weaker and slower opponenets. Chief has also never had a preference for H2H nor many feats.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man.

_Scythe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaied: We'll when he was 14 and without his armor he accidently killed 1 vs 13 ODST in h2h training. He's been able to crush an elites covenant helmet in a punch.

When two spartans were training in h2h in a ring, all the other people could see were blurs moving because they were too fast.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Some day, I would really like to see something that justifies Chief being able to fight hand to hand at an above average level, besides a feat when he was 14, and a few random occasions that aren't really that spectacular based on normal standards for any other character besides Chief. Also training =/= feats. Training helps justify feats, but it's not a replacement.

Prove me wrong, please.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: BEGONE, HATER!

Chief is the best and everyone knows it!

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: I don't hate Chief, the games are great. I just haven't seen anything that shows he can fight hand to hand. I'm sure he can, because other Spartans have a few nice feats, but Chief seems left out in the hand to hand. I'm fishing for someone to show me something really.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: A feat like what these Spartans are doing would be great to justify Chief's hand to hand. It just seems like no one can ever provide it though. :/

Loading Video...

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: You're right. Chief doesn't really have established feats in the H2H department. However, his training consisted of some serious special forces type sh*t. May not be much, but its still a starting point. His physicality usually helps him in most situations.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: I'm amazed that it's been this long, and we still haven't got to see Chief punch an elite's head off or something. Lol. It needs to happen.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@monsterstomp: I'm amazed that it's been this long, and we still haven't got to see Chief punch an elite's head off or something. Lol. It needs to happen.

In regards to your video, I don't know if its worth noting but Captain Keys was watching Spartans (not Chief) in hand-to-hand combat. He could barely track them. Their punches and blocks were moving at "rapid-fire blurs".

I heard that Chief was able to crush an Elite's skull, but I've never read about it.

This is based purely on what I know, but I'm sure there is someone more capable (@theacidskull, @yourneighborhoodcomicgeek, @frozen) to discuss this with.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

@tparks said:

In regards to your video, I don't know if its worth noting but Captain Keys was watching Spartans (not Chief) in hand-to-hand combat. He could barely track them. Their punches and blocks were moving at "rapid-fire blurs".

I heard that Chief was able to crush an Elite's skull, but I've never read about it.

This is based purely on what I know, but I'm sure there is someone more capable (@theacidskull, @yourneighborhoodcomicgeek, @frozen) to discuss this with.

What you too are forgetting is that sometimes we don't really need certain DEMONSTRATIONS, since there are instances where certain skills are implied. For example, Chief has faced armies of Flood, Covenant and Promethean's and has lived through all of it, what would that imply about his skills?
He also completely walked all over trained marines who intended to kill him, deflected a missile from a helicopter, and has pummeled an elite, all of which happened in Fall of Reach.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cfefdb3f097d
deactivated-5cfefdb3f097d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey wins.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CHIEF

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Yeah with Cortana Chief should take this without too much trouble.

Without Cortana Chief loses in a good fight.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#20  Edited By GraniteSoldier

Yeah with Cortana Chief should take this without too much trouble.

Without Cortana Chief loses in a good fight.

Can I ask why? It's not a jab at you or a pick on my part for a winner, but I see statements like this regularly with Chief. Like he's somehow inept without Cortana.

I've read all the books from Fall of Reach to Ghosts of Onyx, and played all the games except for ODST. Cortana helps in the abstract mechanics department (tracing energy signatures, locating weaknesses, navigation of environment, unconventional suit use like turning his suit into an EMP conduit, etc) but nothing to suggest he needs her for combat. She doesn't give him advice on the battlefield on how to do his job, because it's his job. I don't understand it.

It's like saying I couldn't fight a battle without some drone recon pilot in my ear, it just doesn't make sense. I don't see Cortana needed for Chief to have success/capability in combat, especially when Parker has no abstract powers besides spider-sense (which Cortana wouldn't be able to pick up on anyway).

Again I'm not saying who wins, or attacking your answer, I'm just genuinely curious why.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman should win based on having more concrete and conclusive feats but overall as a video-game character represented in his respective universe the Chief may be a close cotender or even equivalent.

While Spiderman is faster and more agile, MC can keep up and his instincts are more than impressive. Strength is very close but Spiderman probably has that one as well but MC definitely beats him when it comes to durability and damage sokage. MC also has the easy definiing edge in overall combat ability and experience which decently evens out the other disadvantages that deal directly with pure physicals. However, I think it will come down to Spidey`s Spider-Sense vs MC with the help of Cortana as those are extreme factors that may be severely overlooked and since its H2H, I think Spiderman with his Spider-Sense will try to avoid most of Chief`s hits but with Cortana Chief could expect an attack and formulate a countermeasure.

In the end I think it could go either way but with how the nature of a comic book character vs. a video game character works in others minds` it may seem that the fact is more facilitated and the evidence more evident that the comic book character should come out on top.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: Cortana actually boosts Chief's reaction time significantly. I remember something along the lines of Cortana processing something a million times over in a millisecond in First Strike. She can also analyze things in the battlefield and give John useful information on how to take down Spider-Man, as opposed to Chief having to slowly figure it out as the fight progresses (which, in turn, will also give Peter time to analyze and think of ways to take down John).

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cortana or no Cortana he isn't beating someone with arguably better reaction skill, pre-cog, strength, agility etc.

Spider-man wins 7-8/10

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: True but Chief's reaction in Fall of Reach were already off the charts without Cortana (I don't remember the exact numbers but outside of Mjolnir armor I think it was something like 5-10 times faster and with was 10 or 15 times faster, all without Cortana, since the armor links with Chief's brain). Still not on Peter's level perhaps, but he's also contending with spider-sense.

And while Cortana gives him an extra set of eyes to analyze the battlefield Chief is a trained and multiple decades experienced guerilla fighter, which is what most of his career is. The ability to multitask in combat is something every Special Operator, even ODST's, are trained to do. So I don't see how Chief wouldn't be able to analyze the surroundings while fighting, especially since that's what he made a career of doing against the Insurrection and the Covanent. Plus he's spent his entire life fighting alien life forms who the humans knew little about until they were already at war, so Chief was constantly learning and adapting on the battlefield. And again much of his early career was down without the help of Cortana.

So while I still am not siding with or against Chief, I've just never bought into the idea that Cortana is THAT pivotal for him except for when he's alone facing huge numbers and it helps to have the battle buddy give a second opinion.

Keikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Master Chief.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Id say Master Chief with difficulty.

Although SpiderMan has a clear advantage strength wise their speed is almost equal and John makes up for that in other areas.

He is no stranger to fighting physical superiors (he won a h2h fight with a Brute who exceeds him in strength and matches him in speed) with his own skill and Cortana's ability to anylize Spidey's moves and instantly relay thought to action through Chief's suit will give him a slight advantage and once Chief has a few well placed hits in the battles all but over.

Saying that Spidey's speed and agility would give him hell but Chief's durability should make up for that.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cortana or no Cortana he isn't beating someone with arguably better reaction skill, pre-cog, strength, agility etc.

Spider-man wins 7-8/10

^^^ this

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: Thing is, with Cortana, John would pretty much know Peter's weaknesses right off the bat. Without, the fight would have to actually play out. I just don't see Chief winning a prolonged fight against Peter who himself has genius intellect. I guess it's just how you see it.

@tparks said:

@monsterstomp: A feat like what these Spartans are doing would be great to justify Chief's hand to hand. It just seems like no one can ever provide it though. :/

Loading Video...

There isn't even that much hand-to-hand combat in that feat...not to mention Chief has done more impressive things against enemies with actual weapons and not spears.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#29 frozen  Moderator

Chief!

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jonez_

Chief is actually a very skilled combatant. This practically boils down to:

Durability/skill

vs

Strength/speed/agility/spidersense

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-man wins 7-8/10

Someone certainly thinks highly of Ultimate Spider-Man. Have you seen the dude's respect thread? Nothing in that thread suggest it'll be a 7-8/10 victory, in my opinion.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By Jestersmiles

spider man. This is ultimate Spider man.. nvm.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: How is Chief getting around spider sense? That sorta seals the deal for Peter's victory, imho.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here is some durability feats of Spider Man.

Spidey tanks a sniper round in the gut, and still fights, and beats the Sinister Six afterward that night.

No Caption Provided

Tanks car exploding at his back. Says "Ow, really!!" ]

No Caption Provided

Tanks grenades from Vulture at his feet just fine.

Free falls from Skycraper level height and through a building to the ground. Still fighting fit.

Tanks straight attacks from Electro who fries whole groups of people with his power.

Hulk crushes Peters head, and craters the ground with Peters body. Peter stays in the fight just fine.

Some feats of his.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Most impressive feat there is taking a hit from Hulk. Chief dwarfs him in the rest of those showings. It should also be noted that Hulk holds back on certain characters. Its why Captain America tanked a beating from Hulk also...

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: Oh I'm not saying Chief wins, or that Peter loses. Don't get me wrong. I just see the whole Cortana thing pop up a lot and decided to ask someone who I know is knowledgeable on the subject.

Anyway, yes Cortana analyses weaknesses but, Peter is just a guy in a cloth suit. It's not like Wolverine where Coratan could feed Chief biological scanning info about how his flesh is rapidly mending or him bones are coated in metal. It won't take long to see Peter is more than human, but considering Chief himself and the large part of the aliens he's battled I don't see him having trouble accepting the existence of a superhuman. The only wildcard I really see is spider-sense, which I doubt Cortana would pick up on anyway since it would be like being able to detect a sixth sense, there isn't any biological indicator of it nor is there any change in Peter to give it away. Unless he talks about it, which I suppose is possible haha.

Again, I'm just thinking with or without Cortana the fight will go relatively the same. As for who wins...I don't really know.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120 said:

@monsterstomp: How is Chief getting around spider sense? That sorta seals the deal for Peter's victory, imho.

Is Peter's spider-sense as effective in close quarters as it is against sensing danger from afar?

Avatar image for bullet_to_the_head
Bullet_to_the_Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120 said:

Is Peter's spider-sense as effective in close quarters as it is against sensing danger from afar?

Does it matter? it's h2h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: It's things like Peter shooting his webs that become his downfall from the way I see it. Cortana could analyze that in a nanosecond and give a lot of valuable information for Chief that would affect how he approaches Spidey.

@monsterstomp said:

@jonez120 said:

Does it matter? it's h2h

Spider-sense is not an instant "dodge everything" deal. Spider-Man has been tagged by other street-levelers far below Chief's level before.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@monsterstomp said:

@sirfizzwhizz: Most impressive feat there is taking a hit from Hulk. Chief dwarfs him in the rest of those showings. It should also be noted that Hulk holds back on certain characters. Its why Captain America tanked a beating from Hulk also...

That would be true, if not for the fact Ultimate Hulk murders people and eat them. He does not hold back, but this was Hulk first showings and he did kill people arleady in his first showings. So no way can ya say he holds back lol. It is impresive. spider Woman has a similar feat against a murdering Ultimate Hulk.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Spider Clone of Peter, so its consistent.

Also tanking a Siper Round through the gut, bleeding to death, and still physicaly fight off 5 super beings that can wreck small amies is Peters best Durability feat, not the Hulk one. IMO.

Then there is the numerous feats of peter tanking numerous murdering blows from Green Goblin and Doc Ock who are both in the 10 ton range as well.

I think Chief Durability is way better than his attack power, but Peter's strength and durability are balance with each other.

Just adding some feats though since I said i would.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

@tparks said:

What you too are forgetting is that sometimes we don't really need certain DEMONSTRATIONS, since there are instances where certain skills are implied. For example, Chief has faced armies of Flood, Covenant and Promethean's and has lived through all of it, what would that imply about his skills?

He also completely walked all over trained marines who intended to kill him, deflected a missile from a helicopter, and has pummeled an elite, all of which happened in Fall of Reach.

Putting aside that we allow double standards for Chief compared to other characters on here and do not care if he has feats to prove that he can do the things we say he does on here or not, how does any of that equate to him having skill in hand to hand?

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek:

There isn't even that much hand-to-hand combat in that feat...not to mention Chief has done more impressive things against enemies with actual weapons and not spears.

Like what? I've never seen anything to make me believe Chief has any sort of skill in hand to hand other then saying he's been trained, and a feat when he was 14 against some feat-less characters that we wouldn't even bring up if it was for any other character on here. At least these guys have done something. It makes me believe Chief should be capable of hand to hand skill, but there still is nothing to show it. I would just like to see something to back up his hand to hand skill one of these days, besides feats that we write off for every other character.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

@tparks said:

@theacidskull said:

@monsterstomp said:

@tparks said:

Putting aside that we allow double standards for Chief compared to other characters on here and do not care if he has feats to prove that he can do the things we say he does on here or not, how does any of that equate to him having skill in hand to hand?

Did you just ignore everything I said?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: If Ultimate Hulk doesn't hold back, then he's weak as sh*t or those showings are PIS. But if Spider-Man's best durability feat is taking a sniper round and keep fighting is more of a showing of endurance and pain tolerance than anything. I still say Chief is more durable.

SinnTek1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SinnTek1

Actually, never mind. Its hard to say who'll win. Spider-Man is clearly stronger in pure strength. Master Chief is more durable. Based on the respect thread, Spider-Man isn't very durable, but I can't recall any impressive damage output on Chief's behalf. He was able to wreck Mark I armour when he was 14 (outside of his suit), but other than that its in the air.

I'll say stalemate for now.

Pretty much how I feel about this match-up.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By tparks

@theacidskull: I don't see anything that would suggest hand to hand skill in your post at all, even through implied skill, which I still have never seen a single other battle thread accept for any character besides Chief. Implied skill is fine, but usually there is something a bit more substantial to help support it as well.

Chief has faced armies of Flood, Covenant and Promethean's and has lived through all of it, what would that imply about his skills?

Chief used guns for all of this. This would show implied skill with guns, but it doesn't suggest anything with hand to hand.

Besides a feat when he was 14 against characters that have nothing to show that it was even impressive beating them, none of this really implies much for skill in hand to hand. Deflecting a missile when being told to move is just showing that he can do things when told to do them. It had nothing to do with reaction time or skill, and certainly not anything to do with hand to hand skill, it was him just moving his arm when he heard the word "now".

Pummeled an elite also doesn't say anything for skill in hand to hand. Fodder Elite have been shown to be very low in skill levels. The get run over by everything in every canon scenario I've ever seen. In the video in the post above, a normal human has the reaction times to dodge an elite's attacks, an is strong enough to tackle it. I can't think of many street levelers who couldn't pummel an elite with ease. I would think most street levelers could take on a dozen or more at once and have no issues winning.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: lol don't hate. I am just pointing out Ultimate Hulk does not hold back. Same guy who fights Thor and two half power Hyperions and Iron Man and wins every time. Matched Ultimate Thing who is as strong as Ultimate Colossus.

Anyway I never tried to say Peter is more durable anyway, just showing his durability feat which you seem to think is not impressive. That's all.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: I made these points myself in the past on Elites, they are no impressive IMO.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: I just have yet to see a feat from any unnamed elites that warrant them being a serious threat. I mean, the old arbiter in the movie stomped an army of them with ease. This shows that the named ones can have some skill, but the run of the mill elites are just kind of...meh.

@nickzambuto: Lol.