Marvel vs the Flood

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By onilordasmodeus

Covenant ships crash lands on various point across the globe carrying Flood spores. A full scale infestation is underway in mere hours. With zero prep, can the Marvel heroes of Earth coordinate and find a way to defeat the flood before earth is lost?

For this thread, except for those characters who have shown an immunity to being taken over by alien spores, the flood can take super human hosts and use there powers against them

Edit: Morals are on

Edit: A gravemind is hidden somewhere on Earth and it is rapidly maturing. For the purposes of this thread, we'll say it is immune to psychic assaults. 

Edit:  Time alteration is allowed but only delays the inevitable.  The Flood will come and the spore will spread. 

Edit:  No win buttons allowed.  Mass transmutation and other globe enveloping reality warping abilities are out.  
SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By SpidermanWins

Marvel

Nessy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nessy

Earth has about 50 different characters who can solo.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This "invasion" would last all of about an hour.

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By onilordasmodeus

Any body care to list a few characters who would be completely immune to the Flood spores?

Do I need to set some more stipulations like saying some particular heroes have already "defected" to the Flood's control?

Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

Thor could solo. Magneto could solo. Iron Man could solo. Hulk, if determined and focused, could solo. Care for more?

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By onilordasmodeus

Magneto could fall easily, and so could Iron man given he goes against a flooded Magnus. Thor and Hulk are definitely immune though. Of those 4, a 2v2 situation could easily break out, and since morals apply (I'll add that in the OP), Thor and Hulk most likely won't kill their "allies" instead of finding a cure or something else heroic.

Hairy_Octopus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hairy_Octopus

@onilordasmodeus: Man-Thing for one, Ghost rider, I'm sure there are others

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By ShootingNova

There's so many people who can solo. All of Marvel would pimp-slap all of the Flood.

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By onilordasmodeus
@ShootingNova: But that is the thing. There are plenty of character who can ripe through the ranks of the flood fighters, but there are also a lot of Marvel characters who would fall in a flood invasion fairly simply.  The x-men?  Spiderman?  fantastic 4?  If the flood took these guys and was able to use those powers and amass all that intel that they hold, Marvel would be in trouble.   

The only way to "kill" the flood is to destroy every single spore and the Flood have no known exploitable weakness.  Ghost rider can do that?  Hulk can do that?  Thor might be able to with Mjolnir, IDK, but how would he?  I don't think anyone is really thinking this through.
ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ShootingNova

@onilordasmodeus: There's still Zeus, Gaia can make Heracles like in the Chaos War, there's WW Hulk, Mikaboshi, Classic Strange would own. There's a lot more.

toby5678910

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By toby5678910

All it would take is a few nukes...

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By onilordasmodeus

Lol! All it would take is the destruction of all life on the planet and the flood are history!  I can see Shield giving themselves a pat on the back for a job well done.  The human race is eradicated but the the planet is safe.  Lol !  I guess that's an option.  But with morals on, how would the super heroes take it?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ShootingNova

@onilordasmodeus: Seriously? You have ignored Classic Strange, Gaia, Neptune, Thor, Mikaboshi, WW Hulk, Zeus, Silver Surfer, Luke Cage etc.

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By onilordasmodeus
@ShootingNova: Luke cage would be immune to the flood spores? DR. strange too?   Hulk wouldn't be taken over, and would definitely play his part, but you think WW Hulk can contain the flood alone? 

Thor, Zeus, Silver Surfer...  If those "gods" came to Earth's defense then yes the playing field will be vastly different, but I was thinking more earth heroes, not galactic heralds or sky-fathers.
Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

For a second there I thought the title was Man Vs Food,I was like what?

clemj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By clemj

marvel wins,they won against annihilation wave, so they can take it

The_Thunderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By The_Thunderer

All the heroes need to do is buy their brilliant minds some time for prep. Reed with 1 week of prep could easily sort those jokers out.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AngryHulks

Scarlet Witch, Mr. M, and Franklin Richards can blinks the spores away.

GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By GhostRider29

@Hairy_Octopus said:

@onilordasmodeus: Man-Thing for one, Ghost rider, I'm sure there are others

Ghost Rider might be able to be infected. The brood infected him once.

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By onilordasmodeus

After doing some more research, I'm thinking Marvel will be devastated by the Flood.  The general populace will definitely be ravaged by the Flood, and while some of the heroes and villains would be immune to its advances, I think the majority of the heroes would fall as well.  From the super powered biomass that is created, enough flood pure forms could be forged that would contend with even some of the higher tier Marvel superheroes.    

Just to be clear, infection can happen in a variety of ways including alien-style chest implantation, inhalation of spores, or ingestion.  The Flood cells isolate the brain and take over/mutate all other cells in the body.  The transformation takes place in moments.  Of the Character presented so far, a bunch are definitely suseptable to assimilation, but there are a few that I'm not so sure about.

Ghost rider being infected is a question mark to me, as is Dr Strange, due to their mystical connections with the universe.  I'm still leaning towards them being able to be infected due of their "human" bodies though.  Having read that even Logan and Hulk succumbed to the Zombie outbreak in Marvel leads me to think that even they are susceptible to infection, and thus they would be great weapons for the flood to use.  Having not read the Marvel Zombie comics though, I'm not sure of the similarities, if any, with the infection in those comics and the flood.  I do know, however, that all scientific attempts to stop the Flood by the Forerunners proved futile in the end, so I'm pretty confident that the only chance Marvel would have would be to destroy every last spore on earth, which may prove to be an impossible tack given the scenario.   

I guess it's worth saying as well that there is some form of mysticism associated with the Flood, their intentions, and their purpose.  I'm not sure if that gives anyone any ideas though about ways to deal with the Flood.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ShootingNova

@onilordasmodeus said:

After doing some more research, I'm thinking Marvel will be devastated by the Flood. The general populace will definitely be ravaged by the Flood, and while some of the heroes and villains would be immune to its advances, I think the majority of the heroes would fall as well. From the super powered biomass that is created, enough flood pure forms could be forged that would contend with even some of the higher tier Marvel superheroes. Just to be clear, infection can happen in a variety of ways including alien-style chest implantation, inhalation of spores, or ingestion. The Flood cells isolate the brain and take over/mutate all other cells in the body. The transformation takes place in moments. Of the Character presented so far, a bunch are definitely suseptable to assimilation, but there are a few that I'm not so sure about. Ghost rider being infected is a question mark to me, as is Dr Strange, due to their mystical connections with the universe. I'm still leaning towards them being able to be infected due of their "human" bodies though. Having read that even Logan and Hulk succumbed to the Zombie outbreak in Marvel leads me to think that even they are susceptible to infection, and thus they would be great weapons for the flood to use. Having not read the Marvel Zombie comics though, I'm not sure of the similarities, if any, with the infection in those comics and the flood. I do know, however, that all scientific attempts to stop the Flood by the Forerunners proved futile in the end, so I'm pretty confident that the only chance Marvel would have would be to destroy every last spore on earth, which may prove to be an impossible tack given the scenario. I guess it's worth saying as well that there is some form of mysticism associated with the Flood, their intentions, and their purpose. I'm not sure if that gives anyone any ideas though about ways to deal with the Flood.

Classic Doctor Strange soloes with time freeze/reverse, can reanimate the dead, etc. Ghost Rider probably won't be infected.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ShootingNova

@SuperNovaDroid said:

Sorry guys but i don't see how marvel going to win against the floods. Before people start saying marvel going to win let's look at the situation first. So onilordasmodeus said gravemind is hiding somewhere on Earth and it is rapidly maturing. gravemind is the final stage in the life cycle of the Flood and is the leading intelligence of the Flood. Gravemind is a near-omniscient creature with complete control over all Flood forms and since onilordasmodeus said he is hidden somewhere in the earth. then that means he gaining knowledge out of the infected human, so it knows what it's facing. Now let's move on to the spores, spores can be airborn making it easier to infect people and Flood Launcher (halo wars) can fire clouds of Flood spores into the air and can also be used as an anti-air defense. And finally you can't never get rid of the flood, it is imposible to do because they reproduce and grow fast. the Forerunners couldn't do it and they were a very advanced civilization. In halo 3 we only got rid of the floods in our galaxy. there still more in other galaxys and would come back someday. no, they won't come back in halo 4. it been confirmed that they will not be in halo 4. I do love marvel but I just don't see them winning against the flood

Yes, you can. You can send them back in time so they never existed.

Gritterr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Gritterr

Whats to Stop Any Reality Warper From Soloing the Flood out of existence?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ShootingNova

@Gritterr said:

Ask the OP.

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ms__omega

Nitro could solo.

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

@onilordasmodeus said:

After doing some more research, I'm thinking Marvel will be devastated by the Flood. The general populace will definitely be ravaged by the Flood, and while some of the heroes and villains would be immune to its advances, I think the majority of the heroes would fall as well. From the super powered biomass that is created, enough flood pure forms could be forged that would contend with even some of the higher tier Marvel superheroes. Just to be clear, infection can happen in a variety of ways including alien-style chest implantation, inhalation of spores, or ingestion. The Flood cells isolate the brain and take over/mutate all other cells in the body. The transformation takes place in moments. Of the Character presented so far, a bunch are definitely suseptable to assimilation, but there are a few that I'm not so sure about. Ghost rider being infected is a question mark to me, as is Dr Strange, due to their mystical connections with the universe. I'm still leaning towards them being able to be infected due of their "human" bodies though. Having read that even Logan and Hulk succumbed to the Zombie outbreak in Marvel leads me to think that even they are susceptible to infection, and thus they would be great weapons for the flood to use. Having not read the Marvel Zombie comics though, I'm not sure of the similarities, if any, with the infection in those comics and the flood. I do know, however, that all scientific attempts to stop the Flood by the Forerunners proved futile in the end, so I'm pretty confident that the only chance Marvel would have would be to destroy every last spore on earth, which may prove to be an impossible tack given the scenario. I guess it's worth saying as well that there is some form of mysticism associated with the Flood, their intentions, and their purpose. I'm not sure if that gives anyone any ideas though about ways to deal with the Flood.

Zombie-verse is a separate universe. Just because a character got infected in the zombie-verse doesn't mean that their 616 counterpart would/could.

And Doctor Strange (at least if we are going with the classic version here) is insanely powerful. There would be no reason he couldn't just manipulate time and reverse the flood invasion before it began.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ShootingNova

@Moonchilde said:

@onilordasmodeus said:

Zombie-verse is a separate universe. Just because a character got infected in the zombie-verse doesn't mean that their 616 counterpart would/could.

And Doctor Strange (at least if we are going with the classic version here) is insanely powerful. There would be no reason he couldn't just manipulate time and reverse the flood invasion before it began.

This. Just what I said before anyways.

SpideyPresence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SpideyPresence

TOAA solos? Reed Richards 3 day prep solos.

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By onilordasmodeus
@ShootingNova said:

@Gritterr said:

Ask the OP.

I don't know if the Gravemind is omnipresent or not, but I'm learning towards it isn't.  In the Halo games the Gravemind knew the fate of the Flood who came before, 100's of thousands if not millions of years ago, but i'm unclear as to if it just remembered, or if it learned it's history at some point in that timeline.  Anyway, I bring this up just to say that the Flood is a very old species whose ways and origins are shrouded in much mystery.   

How far back can Strange travel through time?  The tiny bit of research that I did showed him going back only hundreds of years.  Can Strange go back to the "beginning" and erase an entire intergalactic species who for all intents and purposes could be as old as time itself?   

For the purposes of thread I'm going to say time manipulation is legal, but will only postpone the inevitable.  The Flood will come and the spores will spread.    

On that note, I'll say transmutation and other reality warping is out.  No easy win buttons here.
TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

@onilordasmodeus said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Gritterr said:

Ask the OP.

I don't know if the Gravemind is omnipresent or not, but I'm learning towards it isn't. In the Halo games the Gravemind knew the fate of the Flood who came before, 100's of thousands if not millions of years ago, but i'm unclear as to if it just remembered, or if it learned it's history at some point in that timeline. Anyway, I bring this up just to say that the Flood is a very old species whose ways and origins are shrouded in much mystery. How far back can Strange travel through time? The tiny bit of research that I did showed him going back only hundreds of years. Can Strange go back to the "beginning" and erase an entire intergalactic species who for all intents and purposes could be as old as time itself? For the purposes of thread I'm going to say time manipulation is legal, but will only postpone the inevitable. The Flood will come and the spores will spread. On that note, I'll say transmutation and other reality warping is out. No easy win buttons here.

He can go back to the dawn of time. Classic Strange use to chill with abstracts. With Strange it was really more of a question of what can he not do?

Avatar image for onevision_onepurpose
OneVision_OnePurpose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange only needs to go back in time far enough to give himself, Reed, Tony, T'Challa prep time. Hell even Doom would take part if all of Earth is on the line. Thor and a bunch of others could head into space to slow its arrival even further.

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By greenteaforme

Franklin turns the spores into candies and chocolates, and the entire world has a weekend sugar binge.

World saved.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Bo88gdan

Marvel Stomps this 

The_Thunderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#37  Edited By The_Thunderer

Ok Human Torch ftw or Thor

iNeedaHorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onilordasmodeus: yea im pretty sure the gravemind is close to omnipresent it seemed to know everything that was going on in Halo 2 except where the index was and it was also able to teleport Chief and the arbiter without the assistance of any machines

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nessy said:

Earth has about 50 different characters who can solo.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel

Juliusz2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this should be silentium flood

miekskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Human torch easily solos

JujceBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By JujceBox

Do not forget this though, whilst all those hero's may be very good at fighting the flood, considering there is a gravemind on earth and that within 1 or 2 hours more than 200-300k people would be infected there would definitely be flood spores producing and many many infection form.

What makes the flood so powerfull is that it can infect anything that still has a functioning nervous system.

The flood however is like any bacteria or Virus. It is very easy to kill with heat or radiation. The Halo rings fire off a gamma radiation that is fine tuned to kill every biological thing. (Contrary to popular belief, the halo rings do not remove biomass, they just kill it, so flood litterally become dormant after the rings fire... unless they starve to death before they wake.)

So all up, they would all have to wear bio suits in order to stop spores getting inside them or need to have a body temperature above 60 degree's C.

I forgot to mention also, Flood grave minds are incredibly smart. Every time a flood infection form gets a victum it inherits said victums knowledge, and thats where graveminds come into play. The gravemind starts off as a proto-gravemind(Halo Combat Evolved), multiple biomasses merged into one, this will bring the flood out of the feral stage and begin the coordinated stage. Flood proto-graveminds then gain mass when infected combat forms bring biomass to it. the gravemind will evolve into the grave mind that you know from Halo 2 and Halo 3. If the gravemind is upto that stage and is on earth than it is probably in the intergalactic stage, where it will look to create more mass for itself to get it into the universal where it will jump from galaxy to galaxy then out of this known universe (or try to). The graveminds are also able to apply a tactic called the LogicPlague, where it litterally corrupts the mind of the AI or living being until it turns against whomever it was allied with, then the flood will consume it. AI constucts can be corrupted into rampancy and there knowledge will go to the gravemind.

In conclusion, it would be a very hard battle. The flood would wipe 90% of the population out by the time Marvels superhero's finish there fight. Just think, The flood wiped out an almost god like civilization, and killed off countless before that.

My opinion: The Hero's finish the fight but the flood win the war.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd6fe3f211bb
deactivated-5cd6fe3f211bb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scarlet Witch, Mr. M, and Franklin Richards can blinks the spores away.

Frosty1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kind of like what JujceBox said:

The Floods greatest threat is in the speed of which it can assimilate a life form, and also the fact that it gains all of the victims knowledge. The gravemind's greatest weapon is information and strategy. Just think about this: imagine how much information the average educated 616 New Yorker has in their brain. Everything they have thought about or forgotten in their lifetimes. A single educated person consumed would give the Gravemind a vast amount of information on just about everything that person has experienced in their life. The function and workings of the military, pop culture, who is who, living superheroes, villains, world history, current events, what their favorite toy was as a child. That's just one person. With that knowledge, they would possess knowledge about who to target next for assimilation. Whose knowledge does it want next? A U.S. general, white house staffer? Tony Stark? Just one superhero consumed, and it now has intimate knowledge of most of the superhero world. Imagine if the flood consumed Hank McCoy. It would know nearly everything it needed about its potential enemies. It would know who to attack, who the "hard targets" are, who it can quickly rush, etc. The Flood will probably also capitalize on all of Earth's military forces in their war. So not only do Earth's defenders have to fight against the Flood and fellow super beings, but also against the world's airforces, tanks, nuclear missiles, etc. The flood also can control their victims, and use them against their friends. So it can assimilate, say, Captain America, Collossus, etc., and then use Captain America and Collossus to fight for the Flood. Now one point I'm not 100% certain about, but I'm pretty sure the flood has access to full genetic potential of its victims, and can use those genes. It only needs to assimilate one Scott Summers, and now all of its combat forms can have optic blasts. It takes nightcrawler, and now all flood can teleport, etc. So the Gravemind would know after one knowledgable assimilation, who to immediately assimilate, and who it needs to prep for. So when it comes to heroes like Thor, Doc Strange, etc. the Flood would probably use existing Marvel superhumans to fight them. I'm sure having people like Spiderman, Wolverine, multiple Xmen, Avengers, FF members and more, plus all the normal human cannon fodder, would be useful in the Flood's war against the remaining top tier Marvel characters.

kell_saloks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the sort of stuff that Doctor Strange and Ironman can deal with.

The Flood is pathetic in comic book terms, it's speed of infestation heavily reliant on the transportation on a setting.

Meaning NYC will be screwed but not the planet since there aren't much convenient methods if spreading unless the flood gets to the ocean

Frosty1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Frosty1234

@kell_saloks:

First off, the Flood can infect, birds, insects, dogs, sharks, whales, etc and use them. The Flood can exist underwater. But if I were the gravemind, I would head down to several airforce bases, and infect several C-130 Hercules pilots and fly hundreds of those planes everywhere, plus all other sorts of aircraft.

Secondly, the OP stated that the Flood have landed several ships all across the Earth, so they already have a major headstart. This speeds up the rate of infection by several orders of magnitude. All the infecting that would be going on, with all the targets it would be infecting, would be happening simultaneously. So the Flood can win the whole planet pretty fast. I would guess that the Flood could assimilate the entire planet in less than week, if it spread its infection spores fast enough. If someone wants to put on a biohazard suit? Well the flood combat forms can just tear those off.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Dozens of characters solo. Any genius can come up with a cure or counter to the infection within the week.

Frosty1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kell_saloks:

So noone in the 616 Universe has ever stalemated Dr. Strange or Iron Man? If so, the Flood will have knowledge of this, and then do it again. Plus with the entire weight of the rest of the 616 Universe against them.