Posted by BaneCapital (516 posts) 2 months, 29 days ago

Poll: Marvel VS DC Total Destuction (29 votes)

Magneto, Doctor Doom, Apocalypse, Nova, Ronan the Accuser and Ultron 38%
Wonder Woman, Swamp Thing, Doctor Fate, Black Adam, Gorilla Grodd and Trigon 62%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#1 Posted by somayareece (862 posts) - - Show Bio

Trigon solos everyone including his own team

#2 Posted by Soratoumiga (2503 posts) - - Show Bio

DC annihilates. Fate/Trigon can solo individually.

#3 Posted by Kingant27 (16907 posts) - - Show Bio

Trigon solo’s Mismatch.

Avatar image for madscientist224
#4 Posted by Madscientist224 (1460 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice bait thread.

My left buttcheek solos both teams and their verses.

Trigon solos. Luled at fate soloing.

#5 Posted by Soratoumiga (2503 posts) - - Show Bio

Fate solos.

#6 Posted by Lordflawlez (1289 posts) - - Show Bio

Full powered fate solos

Trigon solos

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#7 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (15821 posts) - - Show Bio

Trigon and Fate in one team while you also have to deal with Swamp Thing? Overkill

#8 Posted by Supermanthor (18779 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by chiq (3760 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 stomps

#10 Posted by biswaboxz (3642 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2.

#11 Posted by BaneCapital (516 posts) - - Show Bio

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/marvel-vs-dc-total-destruction-1999573/

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
#12 Edited by termiteone4ever (12795 posts) - - Show Bio

How is team 1 going to win?

#13 Posted by BaneCapital (516 posts) - - Show Bio

@termiteone4ever: I don't know. Ask the 44% of users who voted for team 1. The fight could go either way because DC team is better at tanking (Trigon, Black Adam and Wonder Woman) and disruption (Doctor Fate, Swamp Thing and Gorilla Grodd) while Marvel team has more speed (Nova, Magneto and Apocalypse) and offensive potential (Ultron, Ronan and Doctor Doom).

#14 Posted by Pierpat (5854 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is trigon even here, he's in a whole other tier compared to anyone on the marvel team (and on his own team, maybe fate aside)

#15 Edited by BaneCapital (516 posts) - - Show Bio

@pierpat: Doctor Doom, Apocalypse and Ultron may be weaker than Trigon but they are comparable. Trigon > Darkseid > Thanos > either Doctor Doom, Apocalypse or Ultron but a duo of these three dudes could slaughter trigon. And Magneto, Nova and Ronan are awesome team players despite being weaker than the other Marvel characters in my team. But Wonder Woman and Black Adam are powerhouses and Doctor Fate is between Trigon and the roughly equal level of Doctor Doom, Apocalypse and Ultron in terms of power. Gorilla Grodd is also a great team player. So if I am to give ratings it would be like: Trigon (16), Doctor Fate (14), Doctor Doom, Apocalypse and Ultron (each 13), Wonder Woman and Black Adam (each 9), Swamp Thing, Magneto, Ronan and Nova (each 7) and Gorilla Grodd (5). So if you do the math you get 16 + 14 + 9 x 2 + 7 + 5 = 30 + 18 + 12 = 48 + 12 = 60 for DC team and also 13 x 3 + 7 x 3 = 39 + 21 = 60 for Marvel team so in my opinion those two teams are equal. Versatility, synergy and weaknesses also play a role but this is what I had in mind when I chose these two teams for the fight.

#16 Posted by Pierpat (5854 posts) - - Show Bio

@pierpat: Doctor Doom, Apocalypse and Ultron may be weaker than Trigon but they are comparable. Trigon > Darkseid > Thanos > either Doctor Doom, Apocalypse or Ultron but a duo of these three dudes could slaughter trigon. And Magneto, Nova and Ronan are awesome team players despite being weaker than the other Marvel characters in my team. But Wonder Woman and Black Adam are powerhouses and Doctor Fate is between Trigon and the roughly equal level of Doctor Doom, Apocalypse and Ultron in terms of power. Gorilla Grodd is also a great team player. So if I am to give ratings it would be like: Trigon (16), Doctor Fate (14), Doctor Doom, Apocalypse and Ultron (each 13), Wonder Woman and Black Adam (each 9), Swamp Thing, Magneto, Ronan and Nova (each 7) and Gorilla Grodd (5). So if you do the math you get 16 + 14 + 9 x 2 + 7 + 5 = 30 + 18 + 12 = 48 + 12 = 60 for DC team and also 13 x 3 + 7 x 3 = 39 + 21 = 60 so in my opinion those two teams are equal. Versatility, synergy and weaknesses also play a role but this is what I had in mind when I chose these two teams for the fight.

Sadly the "ratings" stuff while creative and a nice way to visualize the fight honestly does not work. My point is that having 5 characters worth "1" often is not like having one worth "5" because they simply can't damage him, tag him etc, and the sum of their parts sadly does not even come close to matching the actual value of someone five times stronger than them.

That being said let's go into the specifics: I don't think that Doom, Apoc and ultron or in any way "comparable" to trigon, or at least, not in these versions without prep.

They have literally no way of damaging him and he one-shots them
He is a skyfather level being, even when lowballing him these guys don't stand a chance.

#17 Posted by Evil-Incarnate (7058 posts) - - Show Bio

Trigon kills everyone including his teammates

#18 Posted by BaneCapital (516 posts) - - Show Bio

@pierpat: Well in fact teams have a week of prep. You could see that in this thread:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/marvel-vs-dc-total-destruction-1999573/

#19 Posted by Pierpat (5854 posts) - - Show Bio

@pierpat: Well in fact teams have a week of prep. You could see that in this thread:

why are there two separate threads for the same fight?

#20 Posted by BaneCapital (516 posts) - - Show Bio

@pierpat: Because I made a typing error by naming the threat "total destuction" instead of "total destruction" missing an "r" because I was thinking about the deduction of the fight's result when creating it instead of the destruction it will cause. Plus I thought about the story later and until then this thread attracted much more votes and views than the other one so if the debate moves to the other thread and the other thread ends up with more votes and views than this thread, then I will eagerly delete this thread. So I challenge all comicvine users to move to this thread and put at least 20 more votes and 300 more views or destruction will always be written as destuction:

#21 Edited by ChosenOne1222 (353 posts) - - Show Bio

@soratoumiga: @pierpat: @undefined: this is unfair, you spited for DC! Even though fate is weaker than strange, he is still quite strong, and no matter how much trigon is overrated, he’s still strong as well. This isn’t biased since I like marvel more than DC and in fact I was about to choose the marvel team. Apoc or Ronan would give the most trouble to either or, but they would be taken down eventually. And on top of that, you added swamp thing🤦🏻‍♂️

Either you’re a marvel fanboy or you did this on purpose for DC spite!!😟😟

#22 Posted by Soratoumiga (2503 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for rampagethefirst
#23 Posted by RampageTheFirst (7544 posts) - - Show Bio

Trigon solos everyone including his own team

#24 Posted by ChosenOne1222 (353 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by PyroFN (6178 posts) - - Show Bio

The only chance that there would ever be a possibility of a win for Marvel is if Doom had prep, in which he’d probably end up stealing Trigons power or something. Either way, this is a mismatch in a random encounter.

#26 Posted by WollfMyth209 (16489 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by kasya_carey (5593 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 literally has swamp thing