Marvel Trio Easter Tournament FINALS - Magneto/Jean/Magik vs Binary/Xemnu/Vision [VOTE BY COMMENT]

• 65 results
marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By marvelfan1992

Magneto / Jean Grey/ Magik vs Binary / Xemnu / Vision

Magneto/Jean/Magik won against Hulk/Amora/Ironman

Binary/Xemnu/Vision won against Dr.Doom/BlackBolt/Sersi

Rules

• Morals on
  • NO BFR (magik cannot change the battlefield location to Limbo)
  • No Prep
  • team members are cooperating
  • Start at opposite ends of the location (see pic)
  • VOTE BY COMMENT
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By ProfessorRespect

Wrong picture smh

Mags gets fairly hard countered by Vision given his phasing is something he can't really do much of anything about: even his shields don't grant him the luxury of protection. Magik is next to useless against any of the heavy hitters here and wouldn't last very long against Binary. Jean is the only big shot here and ultimately she's going to be too busy with Xemnu regardless of positioning to help out everyone else, leaving them exposed.

Whatever way you spin it, the X-team just aren't fitted for this kind of trio.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to see comments before I make a decision.

Wrong picture smh

Mags gets fairly hard countered by Vision given his phasing is something he can't really do much of anything about: even his shields don't grant him the luxury of protection. Magik is next to useless against any of the heavy hitters here and wouldn't last very long against Binary. Jean is the only big shot here and ultimately she's going to be too busy with Xemnu regardless of positioning to help out everyone else, leaving them exposed.

Can Vision phase through electromagnetic manipulation? I ain't saying you are wrong. This just feels too specific for there to not be info on, so I am curious what Vision did for you to be confident about this scenario.

Kinda agree about Magik. The one thing I can say is that she can do the summoning thing again for this team as a distraction. For some reason, I thought I remembered Magik's sword nullifying telepathy, but I can't remember why......Sounds like a good excuse to reread stuff.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

I want to see comments before I make a decision.

@professorrespect said:

Wrong picture smh

Can Vision phase through electromagnetic manipulation? I ain't saying you are wrong. This just feels too specific for there to not be info on, so I am curious what Vision did for you to be confident about this scenario

He's never encountered it but considering Mags's only real defence to phasing was either to stop it before it happened or to shock the person if they attempted it (both methods wouldn't work here given Vision's durability is far more impressive than Shadowcat for obvious reasons) I can't see Mags being of much use against the move.

Kinda agree about Magik. The one thing I can say is that she can do the summoning thing again for this team as a distraction. For some reason, I thought I remembered Magik's sword nullifying telepathy, but I can't remember why......Sounds like a good excuse to reread stuff

This is also true, through the summoning might be more of a hindrance considering the demons don't discriminate between ally or enemy.

Avatar image for purplehairedni1
PurplehairedNi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wrong picture smh

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By chiq

how is Magik useless when she's the most versatile character here?

Magik just needs to cloak mags and herself and i don't see what binary and vision can do.

Magik already one shot vision while he was intangible. That would free up Mags vs binary and could double team her with spells. Don't see why binary would be immune to magic.

Only xenmu vs jean is interesting.

team 1 should win.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiq said:

how is Magik useless when she's the most versatile character here?

Magik just needs to cloak mags and herself and i don't see what binary and vision can do

She's more or less useless because a lot of her tool kit is anti-magic based, which no one is here.

Magik already one shot vision while he was intangible

This sounds overtly filled with context. Cite this example and the issue please.

That would free up Mags vs binary and could double team her with spells. Don't see why binary would be immune to magic

She doesn't need to do so when she can practically dodge everything Magik can throw pretty easily. She's not fast whatsoever.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect:

She's more or less useless because a lot of her tool kit is anti-magic based, which no one is here.

But she's a magic user and has hax and spells. She has cloaking spells, magical shields, energy manipulation spells, soul manip spells, hellfire spells, demons etc...

She's even affected beings who are supposedly immune to magic like when she used a spell to make Mercury explode. Unless Binary is anti-magic I don't see why she wouldn't be affected.

This sounds overtly filled with context. Cite this example and the issue please.

Sorry, I forgot the exact issue, it's in one of those tie-ines when Wanda was possessed by Chthon.

She doesn't need to do so when she can practically dodge everything Magik can throw pretty easily. She's not fast whatsoever.

Magik from a physical standpoint should be the hardest one to hit here due to her teleportation. She's teleported out of a ton of blasts, attacks, explosions, etc. She's blindsided a flying cosmic being in orbit.

No Caption Provided

She due to her portals she basically has unlimited range. She can attack anywhere on the battlefield.

No Caption Provided

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiq said:

@professorrespect:

But she's a magic user and has hax and spells. She has cloaking spells, magical shields, energy manipulation spells, soul manip spells, hellfire spells, demons etc

Let's just face it through, most of these aren't going to be useful here against these lads. It's stuff that can be dodged or powered through.

She's even affected beings who are supposedly immune to magic like when she used a spell to make Mercury explode

Because of Mercury's properties, not because of the general spell itself. Internal durability is a thing as well.

Sorry, I forgot the exact issue, it's in one of those tie-ines when Wanda was possessed by Chthon

Yep, full of context as expected. This was during Secret Invasion where Vision had been hacked and taken over by HYDRA forces, so he had no access to his usual memory banks and technique he had prior. Walking into her Soulsword is just general bad writing as well but that's a whole other thing.

Magik from a physical standpoint should be the hardest one to hit here due to her teleportation. She's teleported out of a ton of blasts, attacks, explosions, etc. She's blindsided a flying cosmic being in orbit

This "cosmic thing" is just some random alien through, with no suggestions of impressive speed or anything really notable to mention.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By chiq

@professorrespect:

Let's just face it through, most of these aren't going to be useful here against these lads. It's stuff that can be dodged or powered through.

How can you power through or dodge a cloaking spell or an energy manipulation spell? The counter for that would be magical resistance feats or sensing feats.

Because of Mercury's properties, not because of the general spell itself. Internal durability is a thing as well.

Mercury's properties made her less susceptible to magic, but she still got affected. If talking about durablity and strength, Magik's been able to restrain and lift Juggernaut in the air.

Yep, full of context as expected. This was during Secret Invasion where Vision had been hacked and taken over by HYDRA forces, so he had no access to his usual memory banks and technique he had prior. Walking into her Soulsword is just general bad writing as well but that's a whole other thing.

The point is the Soul Sword can put him down while intangible. A lot of opponents have "walked into the Soul Sword". Vision isn't a speedster who can't be hit. He does get hit quite often.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiq said:

@professorrespect:

How can you power through or dodge a cloaking spell or an energy manipulation spell? The counter for that would be magical resistance feats or sensing feats

I don't recall Magik ganking around with cloaking spells and there's like no energy to manipulate that is of use given what I've seen. The best is Binary and that's obviously not going to be able to be drained effectively.

Mercury's properties made her less susceptible to magic, but she still got affected. If talking about durablity and strength, Magik's been able to restrain and lift Juggernaut in the air

Lifting Juggs means very little here, no one is going to be effected by such a spell. Binary can still blast energy bolts that quite frankly she can't tank whatsoever and Vision's phasing makes that null and void.

The point is the Soul Sword can put him down while intangible. A lot of opponents have "walked into the Soul Sword". Vision isn't a speedster who can't be hit. He does get hit quite often

Oh yeah, he can be put down if he runs into it like a dumbass and forgoes all basic threat awareness. He doesn't also need to be a speedster when he's already way faster than Magik is given her limited speed and reaction.

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Moonstone affected Vision phasing form via gravity by making him heavy.

If Magneto can do the same this counters vision.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By chiq

@professorrespect:

I don't recall Magik ganking around with cloaking spells and there's like no energy to manipulate that is of use given what I've seen. The best is Binary and that's obviously not going to be able to be drained effectively.

She hid the x-men and gotg from the slaughter lords, she hid the x-men from the Avengers until Cthon sensed her. She hid sapna from normal people and she's hid the x-men and avengers on Caps orders in the Kulan Gath saga. but somehow here she's not able to use them? Magik manipulated the energy of a fleet of sentinels by manipulating their energies internally controlling them and causing them to blow up. While camping inside a magical shield she made. I would think this attack could be applied to Vision.

Lifting Juggs means very little here, no one is going to be effected by such a spell. Binary can still blast energy bolts that quite frankly she can't tank whatsoever and Vision's phasing makes that null and void.

Magik has teleported multiple blasts out of the way at the same time and has teleported out of AOE attacks. I agree lifting Juggs means very little here but restraining him should matter here. Magik was able to trap kitty and prevent her from phasing.

Oh yeah, he can be put down if he runs into it like a dumbass and forgoes all basic threat awareness. He doesn't also need to be a speedster when he's already way faster than Magik is given her limited speed and reaction.

Vision speed is irrelevant when she can nearly instantly teleport away from him or his attacks, and what reaction feats does he have that she can't handle? Magik also blindsides opponets with her sword from behind. She teleported all over place removing various inhumans from the battlefield by sneaking up on them. She can stab Vision from behind. She could teleport Vision into his teammates.

If Iron Man can get surprised by her teleportation I don't see why Vision can't be blindsided.

FireLordMagnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I favour Team 2 . Mags vs Vision could go either way , Vision's Phasing is something Mags can't counter however unless Vision starts the fight intangible , Erik will have no porblem ragdolling him before he goes intangible. Magik can't really do much of anything here , she's got hax but since BFR is restricted there's not really much she can do here. Jean can hold off Xemnu however she's going to get overwhelmed due to Magik losing her fight rather quickly and it becoming a 2v1 on Jean. (Needles to say Illyana is the weak link)

BoutaTakeAnL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Moonstone affected Vision phasing form via gravity by making him heavy.

If Magneto can do the same this counters vision.

Magneto can't manipulate gravity.

@chiq said:

@professorrespect:

She hid the x-men and gotg from the slaughter lords, she hid the x-men from the Avengers until Cthon sensed her. She hid sapna from normal people and she's hid the x-men and avengers on Caps orders in the Kulan Gath saga. but somehow here she's not able to use them

So she's done it four times in very large groups against major threats and supervillains, of which none of this applies here.

Magik manipulated the energy of a fleet of sentinels by manipulating their energies internally controlling them

Fodder Sentinels doesn't sound very impressive to me.

and causing them to blow up

I doubt she'd blow up a well-known hero for no real reason.

Magik has teleported multiple blasts out of the way at the same time and has teleported out of AOE attacks. I agree lifting Juggs means very little here but restraining him should matter here. Magik was able to trap kitty and prevent her from phasing

As stated, her speed is lacking in this field, I doubt she would be able to handle a full on assault.

Vision speed is irrelevant when she can nearly instantly teleport away from him or his attacks

That teleportation is still based on human reactions through. She's not particularly fast for someone who relies on stuff beyond speed for a lead and it would only take a singular mistake to lose thusly.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect:

So she's done it four times in very large groups against major threats and supervillains, of which none of this applies here.

Why wouldn't a team that has xenmu not be considered a major threat? She's also cloaked Sapna from civilians. She's also used illusions to fool Avengers who are heroes. People just want to ignore an ability the opponents have no counter for.

Just one of these Sentinels took almost out a team of x-men. She destroyed a whole fleet. The could cancel and adapt to mutant powers.

No reason? These opponents are attacking them. She blew up Mercury who is a young x-man. That same spell also allowed her to control the sentinels into attacking each other. She could turn vision into a teammate instead of an opponent.

As stated, her speed is lacking in this field, I doubt she would be able to handle a full on assault.

That teleportation is still based on human reactions through. She's not particularly fast for someone who relies on stuff beyond speed for a lead and it would only take a singular mistake to lose thusly.

Lack of speed vs vision and Xenmu? They get hit way more times than she does. Her powers are activated by thought. She doesn't need to move her limbs to move to another universe. She's erected shields to protect x-men and gotg from a moon destroying blast. That team had Nova and Carol on there. She was able to put up a magical shield before any of them could do anything. She's repeatedly teleported x-men out of blasts and explosions. She teleported Scott out of a lighting attack before the other x-men could react to it. She's teleported beams multiple beams coming on from different directions. She has teleported on to spaceships hopping from galaxy to galaxy. She's teleported out of a blitzing Canonball multiple times. She's tele-blitzed Magneto and took out an Inhuman before both Inhumans and x-men could get to him. A Vision flying around in atmosphere hardly seems like something impossible to hit.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiq said:

@professorrespect:

Why wouldn't a team that has xenmu not be considered a major threat?

Because it's not in her general vicinity.

Just one of these Sentinels took almost out a team of x-men.

With adaptive powers, but not their general potency, mind you.

No reason? These opponents are attacking them

This is poor reasoning. By your own logic any OOC action can be justified by "well they are being attacked through" which naturally isn't how that works. Some actions (including blowing up well known superheroes!) are generally off the table unless under very specific conditions.

That same spell also allowed her to control the sentinels into attacking each other. She could turn vision into a teammate instead of an opponent

No backing to suggest this can be the case given Vision's natural difference in structure to purely mechanical Sentinels.

Lack of speed vs vision and Xenmu?

Vision isn't a slowpoke and Xemnu's going to be naturally busy with the other telepath.

Also, the reason why they get hit more is because they can actually take a hit and keep going. Magik has human-level durability and has gotten one shot a LOT more than the pair.

They get hit way more times than she does. Her powers are activated by thought

"thought" as a speed is useless to measure anything. Daredevil, Spidey, Jean, they all move at the speed of thought despite all being different in actuality. This is silly.

Let's take a look at your examples!

She doesn't need to move her limbs to move to another universe

Travel speed.

She's erected shields to protect x-men and gotg from a moon destroying blast

I imagine this is stupidly contextual as well.

She's repeatedly teleported x-men out of blasts and explosions

Quantify any of those.

She teleported Scott out of a lighting attack before the other x-men could react to it

Decent but it's not helping outside of a defensive motion.

She's teleported beams multiple beams coming on from different directions

Quantify the beams?

She has teleported on to spaceships hopping from galaxy to galaxy

This isn't even really a speed feat if she's just picking a area and going to it.

She's teleported out of a blitzing Canonball multiple times

Cannonball sucks ass most of the time in general lol. His speed feats at best are sucker punching Classic Quicksilver when he was distracted.

She's tele-blitzed Magneto

Mags has ass speed, for one.

and took out an Inhuman before both Inhumans and x-men could get to him

Again, means next to nothing.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect:

I've already cited examples of her using these spells vs civilians and heroes.

This is poor reasoning. By your own logic any OOC action can be justified by "well they are being attacked through" which naturally isn't how that works. Some actions (including blowing up well known superheroes!) are generally off the table unless under very specific conditions.

Magik doesn't have regular morals. I've already said she blew up Mercury who is part of her own team.

No backing to suggest this can be the case given Vision's natural difference in structure to purely mechanical Sentinels.

So a spell of energy manipulation from the scrolls of Agamotto that she learned from Strange will somehow not affect Vision. Just because he's not built exactly like sentinels...

"thought" as a speed is useless to measure anything. Daredevil, Spidey, Jean, they all move at the speed of thought despite all being different in actuality. This is silly.

The idea that Magik gets statued in this fight is sillier.

Also, the reason why they get hit more is because they can actually take a hit and keep going. Magik has human-level durability and has gotten one shot a LOT more than the pair.

Except that I've showed Vision getting one shot by her. So it boils down to who get hits first. Also ignoring Magik's other defenses like magical shields, teleportation and cloaking. She's also more durable than most glass canons because she has magical armor that has feats of Tanking Sy'm, Canonball, Sunspot, etc. (but somehow writers have totally ignored that part of her powerset for the last decade)

Travel speed.

It shows she can be in a different place out of range from her opponent in an instant.

The Soul Sword Scan example was proof that the Sword can one-shot Vision while intangible.

Quantify any of those.

Quantify the speed of Vision's attacks

Decent but it's not helping outside of a defensive motion.

It's a reaction feat. It shows she can react to the opponents in this battle.

Quantify the beams?

Multiple. More than the amount of beams or attacks Vision is providing.

This isn't even really a speed feat if she's just picking a area and going to it.

Teleporting on top of ships capable of moving from galaxy to galaxy in a short amount of time shows she can land on top of anyone and blindside anyone in this fight.

Again, means next to nothing.

It shows she can get to an opponent quicker than a ton of other heroes.

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Half of the stuff mentioned Magik barley does anymore

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiq said:

@professorrespect:

I've already cited examples of her using these spells vs civilians and heroes

And? Xemnu's already busy here and she's most certainly not going to have the free time to do what is being discussed.

Magik doesn't have regular morals

Everyone kinda knows that, but we aren't saying she's blowing up random superheroes either. If yes, provide consistent examples not shrouded in context.

So a spell of energy manipulation from the scrolls of Agamotto that she learned from Strange will somehow not affect Vision

If it's effecting machines purely off them being machines then yes, it won't. Doesn't help there's no detail to your examples either to where they can be inquired further.

The idea that Magik gets statued in this fight is sillier

Did I say as such? I merely said she's not fast enough. This is basic deflection to get away from the vagueness of what "speed of thought" actually is so it's pretty simple to see through that.

Except that I've showed Vision getting one shot by her

When he literally floated to her sword while also re-programmed to act completely different then yes, of course.

So it boils down to who get hits first

Phasing shits all over what she can reliably do to him in the duration it would realistically take.

Travel speed.

It shows she can be in a different place out of range from her opponent in an instant

"at the speed of thought" tier vagueness again.

The Soul Sword Scan example was proof that the Sword can one-shot Vision while intangible

Again, contextual on the fact that she can one shot him......if he runs into the blade body-first. That's context.

Quantify any of those.

Quantify the speed of Vision's attacks

Asking a question to a question is poor reasoning. If you can't quantify your feats, there's no point giving them out if you can't justify why the feat is impressive.

Teleporting on top of ships capable of moving from galaxy to galaxy in a short amount of time shows she can land on top of anyone and blindside anyone in this fight

Again, if she's just picking the ship and then going to it, there's no speed involved in that given it's a static location. Otherwise what, this is intended to imply that she can bamf at galaxy-crossing speeds? That's a high-end that practically debunks itself.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What does she do these days then?

BoutaTakeAnL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: I fail to see how travel speed doesn't, in some way, equal combat speed. You have to be able to perceive where you're going, do you not?

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasya_carey said:

like 25% of the stuff she used to do in her classic days

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: I fail to see how travel speed doesn't, in some way, equal combat speed. You have to be able to perceive where you're going, do you not?

Umm, not how travel speed work...

You can react and fight with light speed and not be able to travel with light speed also. It can be used the other way around for travel speed.

BoutaTakeAnL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boutatakeanl said:

You can react and fight with light speed and not be able to travel with light speed also. It can be used the other way around for travel speed.

How is that not how it "work"? I can't exactly fly lightspeed without being able to perceive at that level. Most characters using travel speed don't travel in a straight line with no obstructions; they have to maneuver. If they do, they have to perceive where they're going. There's definitely a certain level of reactionary speed involved in travel speed.

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasya_carey said:
@boutatakeanl said:

How is that not how it "work"? I can't exactly fly lightspeed without being able to perceive at that level. Most characters using travel speed don't travel in a straight line with no obstructions; they have to maneuver. If they do, they have to perceive where they're going. There's definitely a certain level of reactionary speed involved in travel speed.

Perception has nothing to do with combat speeds. we can perceive a flash from a lightning bolt which is light speed but our reaction speed is far less.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By Zetsu-San

@professorrespect: Wait, but why would vibration/density based intangibility protect Vision against magnetism?

And Magik has multiple instances of hitting non-magical intangible enemies with her sword. The sword lost the “can’t harm non-magical stuff” a really loonnnnnggg time ago. In fact, it seems to have a fairly similar effect against cosmic energies as it does against magic, albeit less potent.

Also, not really any special context to her moon feat, it’s just a special spell she has, though I only foresee her casting it again if she knows an attack of that magnitude is coming.

That said, she has been pretty useless as far as recent comics go, so there is that.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Zetsu-San
@kasya_carey said:.

Perception has nothing to do with combat speeds. we can perceive a flash from a lightning bolt which is light speed but our reaction speed is far less.

Umm, what? The flash is light speed in the same way that everything we see is light speed. Light is literally what we see.That has nothing to do with perception speed.

We perceive lightning, because the flash lasts an entire .2 seconds (well, technically it’s a series of much shorter flashes,, but we don’t have the perception speed to process all that)...

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Zetsu-San

Are we really going to pretend comic writers care about speed, when writing fights?

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasya_carey said:.

Umm, what? The flash is light speed in the same way that everything we see is light speed. Light is literally what we see.That has nothing to do with perception speed.

We perceive lightning, because the flash lasts an entire .2 seconds (well, technically it’s a series of much shorter flashes,, but we don’t have the perception speed to process all that)...

Perception is what you see. So yess we can see a flash from the bolt which is light speed. we can also see the bolt itself which mach 1000. That doesn’t mean we have those reaction speeds. Travel speed and combat speeds do not go hand and hand.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasya_carey: No, no, no, no. That is not perception speed. Perception speed (in regards to vision) is the speed at which your brain can detect, process, and react to the light your eyes are picking up. It has nothing to do with the speed of the light itself, that’d be absurd.

All light is light speed. The flash of lightning is no more “light speed” than the light coming off your hand is, when you stare at it blankly.

I didn’t say anything about travel speed. I’m responding to your arguments about perception speed and reaction speed, which absolutely DO go hand in hand. Perception is quite literally a form of reaction, as it is quit literally the speed at which your brain is able to ”react” to a stimulus.

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasya_carey: No, no, no, no. That is not perception speed. Perception speed (in regards to vision) is the speed at which your brain can detect, process, and react to the light your eyes are picking up. It has nothing to do with the speed of the light itself, that’d be absurd.

All light is light speed. The flash of lightning is no more “light speed” than the light coming off your hand is, when you stare at it blankly.

I didn’t say anything about travel speed. I’m responding to your arguments about perception speed and reaction speed, which absolutely DO go hand in hand. Perception is quite literally a form of reaction, as it is quit literally the speed at which your brain is able to ”react” to a stimulus.

Perception regards to all your senses just not vision like I said you can hear sound but that mean you have super sonic reactions.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Binary, Xemnu, and Vision win in a good fight

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, these are some good arguments. No choices being made yet, but some things I have issue with:

@professorrespect said:
@kasya_carey said:

That is relevant, but not a limitation. This argument can only really be useful if one of the characters can exploit Magik’s……I don’t have a better word for it, so I’m using cis though I really just mean something along the lines of “Magik’s habits”. In essence, it’s similar to someone saying,

”Storm can conjure any weather she wants, but she usually defaults to lightning or wind, so the characters can predict and counter/avoid that.”

In that same vain, you could argue Magik is not gonna resort to her other spells and is more inclined to use her usual strategy, but only if team two has an actual counter for that and will expect that from Magik. Otherwise, Magik will just get more time on the field to rethink her strategy.

Just my two cents.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: most of the Magik stuff being posted here are from recent years, so I don't even get the excuse. The one shotting vision stuff was relatively recent, the shielding and masking the Xmen from a moon buster was in all new xmen which is pretty much recent for Magik.

The scans being used are recent ones, so saying Magik won't do it, because.... Doesn't add up

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And? Xemnu's already busy here and she's most certainly not going to have the free time to do what is being discussed.

She won't be to busy to cloak, port around or put up a magical shield. If anything team vision is going to be the ones who are busy since Magik can flood the battlefield with demons.

Everyone kinda knows that, but we aren't saying she's blowing up random superheroes either. If yes, provide consistent examples not shrouded in context.

She casually kills 3 members of Shiar death comandos in one move. She could port Xemu's head right off. Vision is an android has survived being sliced in half IIRC correctly. The only person I see safe from teledismemberment is Carol.

If it's effecting machines purely off them being machines then yes, it won't. Doesn't help there's no detail to your examples either to where they can be inquired further.

Here is the example. She puts up a magical shield, summons an energy demon, takes control of the Sentinels, makes them attack each other. How Vision stops an energy demon, tearing through self repairing sentinel armor I don't know.

Did I say as such? I merely said she's not fast enough. This is basic deflection to get away from the vagueness of what "speed of thought" actually is so it's pretty simple to see through that.

You keep saying she's not fast enough, when she's actually the quickest person in this battle who can get from point A and B and she has the reaction feats to contend with the people in this battle. If someone drops a world destroying bomb in this battle, Magik has the best chance of avoiding it.

When he literally floated to her sword while also re-programmed to act completely different then yes, of course.

Except he didn't act completely different, he saw an attack coming and he phased and unfortunately for him his phasing didn't protect him from it.

Phasing shits all over what she can reliably do to him in the duration it would realistically take.

As seen above phasing offers no protection watsoever. What duration? She blindsided an opponent in orbit from behind something she can do to Vision.

This speed of though vagueness also extends to team vision. You're the one assuming Magik is too slow for this battle.

Again, contextual on the fact that she can one shot him......if he runs into the blade body-first. That's context.

He can run into the blade again, a lot of people have "run into the blade".

Asking a question to a question is poor reasoning. If you can't quantify your feats, there's no point giving them out if you can't justify why the feat is impressive.

You're the one saying she's too slow for this battle, I have yet to see any scans showing Vision being too fast for team 1.

Again, if she's just picking the ship and then going to it, there's no speed involved in that given it's a static location. Otherwise what, this is intended to imply that she can bamf at galaxy-crossing speeds? That's a high-end that practically debunks itself.

It's not a static location since the ship is fairly small and it's moving at insane speeds. She also has avoided a blitz from a simulation of Spectrum stated to be going at light speed and has teleported x-men away from Iron-man before he could do anything about it. I'm fine it you consider it outliers but it certainly shouldn't contribute to this narrative that Magik is too slow for this battle.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect said:
@kasya_carey said:

What is her classic days? What is this random 25% number? Can you give a time frame of when feats expire?

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect said:

She won't be to busy to cloak, port around or put up a magical shield

The issue is that those actions are defensive by nature and don't give her any advantage here beyond more time to sit around and get sniped by the faster characters here.

If anything team vision is going to be the ones who are busy since Magik can flood the battlefield with demons

Pyro already made this point and it's pretty well debunked by the fact that these demons aren't going to discriminate between allies and others. They won't attack Magik for obvious reasons, but everyone else is fair game so it's pretty risky unless she's going to protect them as well.

She casually kills 3 members of Shiar death comandos in one move

You notice how I ask for "superheroes" and not "random bad guys"? That's because your example was referring to doing so to Vision and whatnot. She literally asks if they are human or not as a referral to do what she then does.

Here is the example. She puts up a magical shield, summons an energy demon, takes control of the Sentinels

Ok, but is the spell based on mechanics, enchantments, like what is the nature of the spell itself and how does it function? Your scans show a slow moving dragon making some of them explode: cool, but that's not very effective to individuals that don't function quite the same way.

You keep saying she's not fast enough, when she's actually the quickest person in this battle who can get from point A and B

That's teleportation, which isn't necessary speed in itself, it's just fast travel. It being as "fast as thought" doesn't help either given there's no consistency to what that actually means given it seems to be used for virtually everyone at some point or another.

Except he didn't act completely different

....apart from the fact he was a bad Vision that had his entire memory banks erased and reprogrammed then yes, of course, he was the exact same character, just minus all of his experience, technique, and intellect.

As seen above phasing offers no protection watsoever. What duration? She blindsided an opponent in orbit from behind something she can do to Vision

As seen above your examples are too generic and your "speed" is practically non-existent bar some dodgy examples.

This speed of though vagueness also extends to team vision

I haven't made any claim that they are the "speed of thought" so this is just basic deflection once again.

He can run into the blade again, a lot of people have "run into the blade"

If Magik's only actual tangible way of winning is for Vision to forgo all common-sense and run into a blade and bodycheck it, sure, that's a way to win that encounter. Anyone can look at this and see it's not very likely through.

You're the one saying she's too slow for this battle

She's too slow for Vision and Binary, yes. She's not moving at their speeds and she's always been defined tiers below what they encounter.

It's not a static location since the ship is fairly small

Again, if she was just picking the ship to teleport to in the first place, the size or speed of the ship means

and it's moving at insane speeds. She also has avoided a blitz from a simulation of Spectrum

Everyone and their mother has dodged the supposedly "light-speed" Spectrum. This includes Carol FAR more times than the singular instance of Magik, so I'd imagine you'd take that on as a more consistent feat etc.

stated to be going at light speed and has teleported x-men away from Iron-man before he could do anything about it

Iron Man's speed is mostly non-existent as a thing unless he's fighting Living Laser or whatnot. Every null-speed tank has had a fair crack on him, hell half of his rogues gallery are all slowpokes that still manage to tag him numerous times.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By chiq

@professorrespect:

The issue is that those actions are defensive by nature and don't give her any advantage here beyond more time to sit around and get sniped by the faster characters here.

How do they snipe someone they can't see or someone who can teleport blasts aways or can put up magical shields. Magik can cast illusions, what if she makes herself look like Carol and make Carol look like her? Again, it's not going to be "in character to use that move" cause apparently in this battle Magik is only allowed to wave her sword and stand there till she's hit.

Pyro already made this point and it's pretty well debunked by the fact that these demons aren't going to discriminate between allies and others. They won't attack Magik for obvious reasons, but everyone else is fair game so it's pretty risky unless she's going to protect them as well.

Not really, there are lot of instances Magik has summoned demons even when she's around teammates.

You notice how I ask for "superheroes" and not "random bad guys"? That's because your example was referring to doing so to Vision and whatnot. She literally asks if they are human or not as a referral to do what she then does.

I've said she already has blown up Mercury a fellow teammate. She's also lit Iceman with hellfire just for laughs. She can and will blow up people she knows can take a hit. Vision not being human qualifies him for these attacks imo.

Ok, but is the spell based on mechanics, enchantments, like what is the nature of the spell itself and how does it function? Your scans show a slow moving dragon making some of them explode: cool, but that's not very effective to individuals that don't function quite the same way.

Her spell was able to control multiple sentinels at the same time. The dragon was tearing through their armor but the spell made them attack each other. Similar to TP i have no idea how Vision avoids that.

That's teleportation, which isn't necessary speed in itself, it's just fast travel. It being as "fast as thought" doesn't help either given there's no consistency to what that actually means given it seems to be used for virtually everyone at some point or another.

It's still an advantage and in battle and Magik abuses it more than most Marvel characters. This fast travel allows her to stab someone in orbit almost instantly. She also doesn't need to accelerate, she doesn't need to twist and turn, she doesn't need to slow down. She can technically stab you from behind even if you're in another galaxy.

...apart from the fact he was a bad Vision that had his entire memory banks erased and reprogrammed then yes, of course, he was the exact same character, just minus all of his experience, technique, and intellect.

What was he doing that was so out of character that all this lack of experience and intellect provided? He was in front of Magik just like he's in front of Thor or Wonderman he saw an attack coming and he tries to phase out of it. The only difference is this attack in particular can one-shot him while phased.

As seen above your examples are too generic and your "speed" is practically non-existent bar some dodgy examples.

I have yet to see example of the opponents speed that can't be countered by her teleportation. She teleports out of Thor's Aoe blast or mjolnir throw, She blocks human toches blast with her sword, teleports out of Spectrums blitz etc..the counter is so many characters have evaded these said attacks, ok fine, what makes Vision's attacks so much faster than said characters?

If Magik's only actual tangible way of winning is for Vision to forgo all common-sense and run into a blade and bodycheck it, sure, that's a way to win that encounter. Anyone can look at this and see it's not very likely through.

Actually I've stated other examples like cloaking and magical spells that have been countered by "she doesn't use it enough"

She's too slow for Vision and Binary, yes. She's not moving at their speeds and she's always been defined tiers below what they encounter.

Binary maybe, but given this battle is on earth in an atmosphere I doubt Binary is going lightspeed etc..nothing I see puts Vision way above her reaction wise.

Again, if she was just picking the ship to teleport to in the first place, the size or speed of the ship means

What's the difference between porting into a small ship traveling from galaxy to galaxy and vision flying through the atmosphere? She can port right behind him and stab him.

Iron Man's speed is mostly non-existent as a thing unless he's fighting Living Laser or whatnot. Every null-speed tank has had a fair crack on him, hell half of his rogues gallery are all slowpokes that still manage to tag him numerous times.

What makes Vision so much faster than Iron-man? This notion that Vision is too fast to get hit in this battle is really a reach imo.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiq said:

@professorrespect:

How do they snipe someone they can't see or someone who can teleport blasts aways or can put up magical shields. Magik can cast illusions

There's only so much that Magik can feasibly do in the time she has, through. You seem to have her be doing more than a dozen things at once and then some.

what if she makes herself look like Carol and make Carol look like her? Again, it's not going to be "in character to use that move" cause apparently in this battle Magik is only allowed to wave her sword and stand there till she's hit.

Not really, there are lot of instances Magik has summoned demons even when she's around teammates

So where's the proof that they don't attack just everyone around them?

I've said she already has blown up Mercury a fellow teammate

Mercury was contextual in the first place, hence why I asked for tangible examples. There doesn't seem to be any.

She's also lit Iceman with hellfire just for laughs

Which is as you say was basically a prank.

Her spell was able to control multiple sentinels at the same time. The dragon was tearing through their armor but the spell made them attack each other. Similar to TP i have no idea how Vision avoids that

Similar to before, is the spell focused on controlling their mechanics or a enchantment?

It's still an advantage and in battle and Magik abuses it more than most Marvel characters

It doesn't help given there's no speed behind this teleportation, making it very easy to telegraph and counter.

...apart from the fact he was a bad Vision that had his entire memory banks erased and reprogrammed then yes, of course, he was the exact same character, just minus all of his experience, technique, and intellect.

What was he doing that was so out of character that all this lack of experience and intellect provided?

Running head-first into a weapon seems pretty silly barring the fact that Vision literally had nothing of his typical tendencies.

I have yet to see example of the opponents speed that can't be countered by her teleportation. She teleports out of Thor's Aoe blast or mjolnir throw She blocks human toches blast with her sword, teleports out of Spectrums blitz

Quantify any of these to a proper level?

Binary maybe, but given this battle is on earth in an atmosphere I doubt Binary is going lightspeed

She doesn't need to go lightspeed to tag someone like this lol. Let's not start pushing up the goalposts from what they were before.

What's the difference between porting into a small ship traveling from galaxy to galaxy and vision flying through the atmosphere?

Because the actual teleporting being tangible to a singular location would mean that the speed of a object wouldn't actually matter if it simply tracked and teleported to it in the first place. It's not up to her in that case.

What makes Vision so much faster than Iron-man?

Namely because of his ablity to react and dodge tangible foes with his phasing and whatnot. The act of enabling phasing in itself gives him immensely fast reflexes and his computerised mind means that he's also processing variables a lot faster than most humans.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: @firelordmagnus: -_-

Magneto has literally unphased Kitty who unlike vision has always been stated as phasing at an atomic level.

He's one shot phased vision twice before.

He's infamously located and brought a phased object back from several solar systems away.

Visions gets trashed here.

Stop.

As far as the rest of the battle....idk. because Binary shenanigans...

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Magneto has literally unphased Kitty who unlike vision has always been stated as phasing at an atomic level.

He's infamously located and brought a phased object back from several solar systems away.

Stop.

Is there any real difference between the way Vision phases vs how Kitty phases?

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ProfessorRespect
@pyrofn said:
@koays said:

Stop.

They both function significantly different when it comes to how they function as a whole. Mags typically has to use feedback loops or other tricks to get around phasing in the first place with the latter.

Using his biggest meme high-end when current Mags hasn't been on that level for a very long while due to a mix of anti-hero nerfing and actual nerfs post depowering is dodgy reasoning etc. He got a nice Mars feat but he still has a long way to go until he's doing Breakworld bullet stuff.

Vision most certainly doesn't get "trashed" here given the info already provided.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:
@koays said:

Stop.

They both function significantly different when it comes to how they function as a whole. Mags typically has to use feedback loops or other tricks to get around phasing in the first place with the latter.

Using his biggest meme high-end when current Mags hasn't been on that level for a very long while due to a mix of anti-hero nerfing and actual nerfs post depowering is dodgy reasoning etc. He got a nice Mars feat but he still has a long way to go until he's doing Breakworld bullet stuff.

Vision most certainly doesn't get "trashed" here given the info already provided.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@koays: That's Vision's original body, which was destroyed and then reconstructed from pieces. He doesn't seem to have actual blood anymore given he's been sliced up and damaged and no such thing has been found (even all the way up to that old body showing up in Avengers Disassembled) so that old method of countering phasing (which was blood manip by the way, not magnetism) wouldn't work.

Given he can't seem to counter it without having that factor (Shadowcat, for example, he can't seem to handle without feedbacking shocks to knock her out or restricting access) I don't see the relevance of the example.