Marvel Spider-man (2018) Vs Alex Mercer (Prototype)

Woodward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Conditions: Both characters by end of the game.

Juggerman40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do you want peter to get ripped to shreds

Avatar image for deactivated-5d5789e65ebaa
deactivated-5d5789e65ebaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

op why do you hate spiderman

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4 socajunkie  Moderator

Mismatch.

Woodward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Mercer literally rips him apart limb from limb

Juggerman40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@woodward said:

@juggerman40: How does Mercer win?

One slice from Mercer and peter will be cut into 2. he can throw tanks into the sky. Peter wouldn't even be able to hurt him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d065fa72d466
deactivated-5d065fa72d466

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayskee said:

Mercer literally rips him apart limb from limb

Woodward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juggerman40: You’re acting like Spider-man just stands there doing nothing. He’s got lightning timer reflexes based on his fight with Electro, whereas Alex is only supersonic. I don’t see how Mercer is hitting Spider-man.

What does throwing tanks have anything to do?

Juggerman40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@woodward said:

@juggerman40: You’re acting like Spider-man just stands there doing nothing. He’s got lightning timer reflexes based on his fight with Electro, whereas Alex is only supersonic. I don’t see how Mercer is hitting Spider-man.

What does throwing tanks have anything to do?

Mercer is way too strong too durable Peter isn't dodging him forever

Woodward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juggerman40: That doesn’t prove anything. That devastator is only supersonic, maybe low hypersonic; Spider-Man operates at speeds close to Mach 300, scaling his feats against Electro. Alex isn’t touching Spider-Man.

Physical strength and durability? Sure. Spider-man defeated brutes like Tombstone and Rhino, so I fail to see why he can’t do the same here.

LyonKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LyonKnight

Mercer obliterates him.

SpiderMan does not move at Mach 300 speeds. His senses help him out to dodge the incoming attacks before it's fired. He is not actually timing electricity after it's fired. That's why he gets hit by his other slower villains like Kingpin too. SpiderMan is like an ant for Mercer. Mercer squashes him.

Juggerman40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@woodward said:

@juggerman40: That doesn’t prove anything. That devastator is only supersonic, maybe low hypersonic; Spider-Man operates at speeds close to Mach 300, scaling his feats against Electro. Alex isn’t touching Spider-Man.

Physical strength and durability? Sure. Spider-man defeated brutes like Tombstone and Rhino, so I fail to see why he can’t do the same here.

Tombstone and Rhino are literal fodder to Mercer

Avatar image for deactivated-5d5789e65ebaa
deactivated-5d5789e65ebaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lmao mach 300 Spiderman and I thought infinite speed Kratos was bad

Avatar image for deactivated-610bd31442771
deactivated-610bd31442771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mercer deathstomp, either game or comics version

JadeDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mercer, casually. Only thing Spidey can bring on the table is his spider-sense which shouldn't be too much of a problem for Alex.

Woodward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lyonknight: I never said his movement speed is Mach 300, I was talking about his reflexes which is Mach lightning and literally shown when he dodges to Electro's attacks. Spider-Sensing counts as part of his reaction time. Mercer, on the other hand, gets tagged by missiles and bullets which Spider-Man casually dodges.

Woodward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juggerman40: I mean, a bullet made a hole in Mercer's face on the aircraft mission, the said bullet couldn't get put a scratch on Tombstone's head.

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mercer tears him apart. Mismatch.

We need a new Prototype game.

assemblesquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By assemblesquad

This is a stomp. Spider Man is only a Building level tier, whereas Mercer is at least Large Building or City Block level tier which makes him easily surpass Peter, and don't forget about his regeneration and his evolved form.

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh no...Alex Mercer will absorb him and gain spidey powers to kill everybody from new york city.

LyonKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By LyonKnight

@woodward said:

@lyonknight: I never said his movement speed is Mach 300, I was talking about his reflexes which is Mach lightning and literally shown when he dodges to Electro's attacks. Spider-Sensing counts as part of his reaction time. Mercer, on the other hand, gets tagged by missiles and bullets which Spider-Man casually dodges.

I mean it's not but sure. Someone who has lightning speed reflexes doesn't get hit by Kingpin level characters.

Woodward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Woodward

@lyonknight: What you're doing is using low-end feats, and by that Mercer gets hit by dirty scrubs like Cross. Now you tell me, getting hit by Kingpin or getting hit by Cross?

LyonKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By LyonKnight

@woodward said:

@lyonknight: What you're doing is using low-end feats, and by that Mercer gets hit by dirty scrubs like Cross. Now you tell me, getting hit by Kingpin or getting hit by Cross?

What I am doing is giving you an example not a low-showing. Kingpin, Silver Sable, Tombstone, Shocker, Taskmaster;.. I could go on. Sounds consistent to me. Do they all have lightning level combat speed ?

Gameplay feats aren't valid proof of video game characters because it's not consistent. Mercer does not get hit by random scrubs.

That is not a low-end feat for Spider-Man. That is a established SpiderMan villain from his rogue gallery. Nobody from his rogue gallery moves anywhere close at lightning speeds but Electro which is not even certain because it's not natural lightning. It is not quantifiable. The feat sounds more like an outlier unless you want to show me how every villain that tags him is that fast. You can't even show me a 2nd one. It's an outlier or he moves before Electro fires the projectiles thanks to his spider sense. I'd go with the latter.

How is SpiderMan even gonna injure Mercer ? A nuclear bomb could not completely wipe him out. He tanks a barrage of missles to the face and gets back up in a second. SpiderMan can not hope to win here so why do you even bother. Mercer would obliterate 100 Parkers.

Woodward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Woodward

@lyonknight: It's funny how you want to discredit Mercer getting tagged by Cross in the name of ''gameplay'', even though their fight is actual canon and part of the storyline, but you cling on Spider-Man getting tagged by those you've mentioned. Smells hypocrisy.

Even if we discredit the Mercer vs Cross fight (which is canon fight) and go by cutscenes, Mercer has been tagged by pre-infection Heller and by Elizabeth Greene whom has never displayed any speed feats whatsoever.

Electro is literally an electrical capacitor; his power is to mimic lightning and his goal is to become pure energy. Saying his lightning isn't real is like saying Mercer isn't biomass. It's plain denial.

By combat speed feats, Spider-Man was tagged by people with superhuman stats, unlike Mercer who was tagged by people who are only peak-human in stats. By high-end showings, Spider-Man can dodge lightning-based attacks while Mercer gets tagged by bullets and missiles. Mercer was never bullet-timer until Comics made him, prior to that his speed was only comparable to Apache Helicopter.

I'll let the pictures do the talk:

Mercer gets tagged by rocket missile (Mach 2) at close-range:

No Caption Provided

Spider-Man dodges lightning at mid-range while tied (Mach 290):

No Caption Provided

Mercer gets tagged by Greene's shockwave (Mach 1 ):

No Caption Provided

Spider-Man casually dodging rifle bullets at point-blank (bullet-timing >>> supersonic):

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Spider-Man has other speed feats like dodging point-blank explosions, Mercer couldn't react to the explosion inside his apartment. The list goes on but you get the picture.

Mercer's core strength is his regeneration, speed was never amongst them. Spider-Man beats Mercer in the speed department by unquantifiable amounts.

Avatar image for theserbianempire
TheSerbianEmpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@woodward: You've never played Prototype, you outrun thoes same shockwaves later in the boss fight.

LyonKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By LyonKnight

@woodward:

It's actually astonishing how much you are willing to reach to make it look like you got a solid point even though everyone here knows you are flat out wrong.

• Posts a gif of Mercer not even bothering to dodge a RPG projectile. He stands there and blocks it effortlessly with as little movement as possible = He got tagged
  • Show gameplay of Mercer getting tagged by a shockwave which you can literally outran a couple seconds later = He got tagged
  • Show 1 feat of Parker dodging unquantifable lightning, at the same time ignores all the other instances I brought up in which he gets tagged by slower opponents = Consistent Mach 290 Speed

Then you continue to show basic aim-dodging feats in which Parker obviously moves before the mercs start ot fire and call it bullet-timing. Yes Insomniac SpiderMan is a casual bullet timer but in none of the gifs you posted is he actually clear-cut bullet-timing. You don't even know the difference between aim dodging and bullet-timing.

You are a blatant fanboy that got salty over the responses in his own mismatch thread. There is no point in continuing the debate. Go learn the basics first and then come back again with a different attitude then we'll talk again.

Woodward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lyonknight: I've got no idea why you turned this debate personal. It was civil. You need to chill, bro. And you haven't refuted anything, so I'll accept your concession.

Thiagl156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@woodward: Mercer didn't get tagged by the missile in the first gif, he blocked it but that wasn't actually a missile either, I think it was a grenade launcher.

Also, if we use the comics (which I think are canon), Spidey's got 2 lightning timing feats, one where he's fighting the Sinister Six,and one where he's fighting Electro and Vulture.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dca1aab81054
deactivated-5dca1aab81054

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mismatch.