Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Vertigo (Sandman) Odin vs Marvel Odin

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Marvel Odin fights his counterpart in DC/Vertigo Comics Sandman.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#2  Edited By Supermanthor

@sungsam: I don't think DC Odin and vertigo Odin are same

Even then what are vertigo's Odin's feats ?

Sungsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sungsam

@supermanthor:

Vertigo Odin's best feat was creating an Artificial Universe which is where the ENTIRE story of the Last Days of The Justice Society comic took place in. He is Universe level by creating that Universe, the problem is that I don't know how he did it, or if he has combat feats. Or durability feats. Or if he is capable of applying Universe level power as an attack.

I thought that Vertigo Odin's lack of serious combat feats would even out with Odin's lack of attack potency at that Universe level since Odin has a lot of Herald stuff. So it balances out.

Here is the scan. He shows up to Dream and offers him the Universe/Dimension he created.

No Caption Provided

It's also worth noting that Vertigo Odin is a non-physical being, a non-corporeal being made of the thoughts of the people who worship him.

----------------------

Yeah, DC Odin and Vertigo Odin are not the same in the same sense that the Lucifer that Etrigan served in the N52 Demon Knights flasbacks is not the same character as Lucifer Morningstar from Vertigo.

I always say that DC and Vertigo's lore consistency separates from one another, then occasionally bounces back (like Dark Knights Metal) then pretends the other doesn't exist anymore again.

@bdelloidgrain2@rijehu@wollfmyth You three guys are fellow Sandman Pros. So you might be interested.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#4  Edited By Supermanthor

@sungsam: thanks for the information

Also indeed DC and vertigo are meant to be to different universes

bdelloidgrain2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sungsam Thanks for the callout. I did a bit of research to see what I could find regarding Vertigo Odin. Unfortunately, not much. I think this one is going to have to be an undecided match simply due to lack of feats. I remember this scan from when I read the Sandman series, but I don't remember seeing him after.

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6 Soratoumiga  Online

Vertigo Odin should win this, imo.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm backing Vertigo Odin, tbh.

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does Marvel Odin have universal range? I know by feats alone, he should win since Vertigo Odin is basically featless, but then again, Vertigo pantheons do seem to be way more abstract than Marvel and apparently operate higher on the Spectrum...IDK

Overvoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vertigo Odin stomps

Gokuisthebest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-6108c6c162ecc
deactivated-6108c6c162ecc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly surprised no marvel wank is here

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc63aec061e5
deactivated-5fc63aec061e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel Odin stomps.

He has already wiped out a non corporeal skyfather level entity (that was consuming the universe) out of existence

Read Thor 183-188.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc63aec061e5
deactivated-5fc63aec061e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu:

Does Marvel Odin have universal range? I know by feats alone, he should win since Vertigo Odin is basically featless, but then again, Vertigo pantheons do seem to be way more abstract than Marvel and apparently operate higher on the Spectrum...IDK

Marvel Odin wiped Infinity out of existence (Infinity; who was a non corporeal entity made in Odin's image that contained a fraction/sliver of Abstract Infinity's infinite power and was consuming the universe)

Other than that Odin has affected the entire multiverse in a clash with another Death God( who had the power of an entire pantheon) and Odin can fight in all planes of existence simultaneously (done it twice), which means his divinity transcends dimensions.

He's stopped time on a dimensional level (pocket dimensional level probably) and has forcefully separated an entire universe from the World Tree.

Wouldn't this suffice?

Death8Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vertigo Odin would win

RobertMiles1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feats by the Vertigo version aren't feats, because he's just a figment of people's imagination. The same canon had the Egyptian cat goddess Bast (I think that was the one) getting really weak because pretty much nobody remembered her anymore, due to how ancient Egypt was and how long it had been gone, whereas IIRC Marvel pantheons aren't, at least in the sense of ability, affected by whether people believe in them. Vertigo gods don't have "power", they're just concepts/ideas given physical bodies, but nothing more. Considering how they're limited by the ancients' ignorance about scientific fact, well if you gave Vertigo Odin a physical body, chances are the Marvel one would kick his ass into the next star system with the flick of a pinky. I forget what happened in the book version of The Neverending Story, but at least in the great 80s movie (let's not get into the awful sequels) the Gmork pointed out that Fantasia is no more than the hopes and dreams of Mankind. It may sometimes spill into our world, but it actually has no more solidity than our belief gives it. It can't exist without that, but the Marvel Allfather's power is subject to no one. In the sense of how his setting works, he simply is.

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin wins no matter what! =P

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers