icecream1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By icecream1991

WHy?????? 

GIVE ME REASONS WHy DC aRES IS MORE POWERFUL PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By the creator
@icecream1991 said:
"
WHy?????? 

GIVE ME REASONS WHy DC aRES IS MORE POWERFUL PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

Firstly he has shown to be of at least similar strength to Wonder Woman, who is vastly stronger and faster than Marvels Ares. 
Secondly he has significant matter / energy / reality manipulation powers.
capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By capall

dc
BIackFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BIackFlash
@Kentaxx said:
" DC Ares with a simple hand wave "
Yup, Marvel Ares is a tomato can

DC a Skyfather
Ziro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ziro

DC Ares rather easily.
The_Warlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By The_Warlord

DC ARES STOMPS!

"Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By "Colossus"

DC ares with god wave is pretty much Rune King Thor

shatterstar408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By shatterstar408

Hmmm...Ares of the Marvel Universe vs Ares of the DC Universe...Hands down Ares from the DCU takes the cake in this encounter, if ever they were to meet. Ares of the DCU has all the power to be worthy of the title "God of War". Ares of the MU uses more conventional tactics, which would not make him really the (GOW), but more like his subordinate Achilles, just with more UMPH to him., because he is the son of  ZEUS...Well both characters father's are ZEUS I take it. Anyway s, without all the power that Ares of the DCU has, as well as fighting ablities. I think that Ares of the MU has more heart. He knew very well that he may die at the battle of The Siege. He never could really best his brother Hercules, and really couldn't out match Thor in hand to hand combat and might wise. Although I feel for all his short cummings, he recently died going against a schizophrenic poweder keg "The Sentry", trying to do what was right, and take Norman Osborn a.k.a (The Green Goblin) a.k.a (The Iron Patriot) out for lying about why he wanted to get Asgard out of the U.S. hemisphere. I guess what I am trying to say and all of you may think different, is that this act of his bravery and sacrifice in battle earned him the right to be called the "God of War". You can't really say "HEART" with the DCU version of Ares, with all his awesome power, cool and terrifying as he is as well.

All B.S aside...Ares wins either way ;^P

stoneo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By stoneo

DCU Ares would destroy Marvel Ares. They are both pretty powerfull in strenth, stamainia, and speed but DC Ares is way smarter than Marvel Ares. He is a master stratigest and manipulator. He would be able to trick Marvel Ares into surrendering in the first 5 min of the battle. Not to mention he is also a better fighter. DC Ares was able to take out most of the amazons (save for one in a skimpy bikini who we all love) while Marvel Ares cant even take out a Demigod, and he is full blooded (disgracefull). DC Ares also has his indestructible Armor, Energy production, and limited reality warping abilities. Marvel Ares either runs away or is brutally killedlim from lim and sent to tarturus in the first 5 min.
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By OmegaDynasty

DC Ares FTW, as he has a much cooler looking armor. 

No Caption Provided
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sherlock

Universe Explodes the end

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Nighthunter

DC's

hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By hdorman1

too much awesome between these two characters
universe cannot take it
but dc survives longer

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By SevanGrim
@the creator said:
" @icecream1991 said:
"
WHy?????? 

Firstly he has shown to be of at least similar strength to Wonder Woman, who is vastly stronger and faster than Marvels Ares. Secondly he has significant matter / energy / reality manipulation powers. "
i think their about the same, WW and Marvel Ares. I think DC Ares wins bcause he's really a god, where as Marvel's is more or less a hal-god. He has knowledge of war and such, but he cant be much more powerful(if he is) than WW, who CANNOT beat ANY of the greek gods (you know, considering they gave her life and all...oh. and cuz their gods).
 While DC's Ares can loose a hand to hand fight and bleed, he has tons of other powers at his disposal as a very basic reincarnation of the actual greek god. 
although, if Marvel's ares recovers from his latest 'condition', we may have to rethink all of this...
Neon_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Neon_Nemesis
@Grim said:
" @the creator said:
" @icecream1991 said:
"
WHy?????? 

Firstly he has shown to be of at least similar strength to Wonder Woman, who is vastly stronger and faster than Marvels Ares. Secondly he has significant matter / energy / reality manipulation powers. "
i think their about the same, WW and Marvel Ares. I think DC Ares wins bcause he's really a god, where as Marvel's is more or less a hal-god. He has knowledge of war and such, but he cant be much more powerful(if he is) than WW, who CANNOT beat ANY of the greek gods (you know, considering they gave her life and all...oh. and cuz their gods).  While DC's Ares can loose a hand to hand fight and bleed, he has tons of other powers at his disposal as a very basic reincarnation of the actual greek god.  although, if Marvel's ares recovers from his latest 'condition', we may have to rethink all of this... "
Marvel Ares is only a class 75, Diana is only a notch below Superman's level and has moved 1/3 of the entire planet, Marvel Ares is no where close fo her level. 
Avatar image for thejuggernautpunch
TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC Ares in a one hell of a curbstomp .

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SevanGrim
@Neon_Nemesis: DC doesnt have class systems, so that doesnt work. and we dont know how much she moved. For all you know it was 2/10ths of the planet she was moving, which makes more sense considering Superman and MM are around the same strength, and every fight they have ever made between her and Superman had him beating him in combat and not pure strength. 
  WW is combat, not strength.
Neon_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Neon_Nemesis
@Grim said:

" @Neon_Nemesis: DC doesnt have class systems, so that doesnt work. and we dont know how much she moved. For all you know it was 2/10ths of the planet she was moving, which makes more sense considering Superman and MM are around the same strength, and every fight they have ever made between her and Superman had him beating him in combat and not pure strength.    WW is combat, not strength. "

Even if she was only moving 1% of the Earth's mass, she would still be moving 1% of 
tons

which would be

65,850,000,000,000,000,000 tons.  Compare it to Ares 75 tons, your theory of them being equal in strenght was flat out wrong 

WW is combat and strenght
SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SevanGrim
@Neon_Nemesis said:

" @Grim said:

" @Neon_Nemesis: DC doesnt have class systems, so that doesnt work. and we dont know how much she moved. For all you know it was 2/10ths of the planet she was moving, which makes more sense considering Superman and MM are around the same strength, and every fight they have ever made between her and Superman had him beating him in combat and not pure strength.    WW is combat, not strength. "

Even if she was only moving 1% of the Earth's mass, she would still be moving 1% of 
tons  which would be  65,850,000,000,000,000,000 tons.  Compare it to Ares 75 tons, your theory of them being equal in strenght was flat out wrong   WW is combat and strenght "
once again, we have no clue how much she was actually pulling. she has been portrayed as nowhere near superman level more often than not. and what did i say to you about magic? what if the lasso lessened the weight or something stupid like that? i say again: power comparison between the two companies isnt so simple. 
and her profile says she can lift over 100tons. That isnt enough to make her as overly powerful as you want her to be, and  if you wanna even it  out: Ares is immortal. so even with WW's little bit of strength, Ares cant die unless someone obliterates him, and that aint in WW's move set. their still about the same.
Neon_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Neon_Nemesis
@Grim said:

" @Neon_Nemesis said:

" @Grim said:

tons  which would be  65,850,000,000,000,000,000 tons.  Compare it to Ares 75 tons, your theory of them being equal in strenght was flat out wrong   WW is combat and strenght "
once again, we have no clue how much she was actually pulling. she has been portrayed as nowhere near superman level more often than not. and what did i say to you about magic? what if the lasso lessened the weight or something stupid like that? i say again: power comparison between the two companies isnt so simple.  and her profile says she can lift over 100tons. That isnt enough to make her as overly powerful as you want her to be, and  if you wanna even it  out: Ares is immortal. so even with WW's little bit of strength, Ares cant die unless someone obliterates him, and that aint in WW's move set. their still about the same. "
Wonder Woman is in the same strenght class as Superman

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Both are A-1 class which means Superman isn't that much stronger then she is

And I already explained that even if she was only moving 1% of the Earth's mass, she would still be moving 

65,850,000,000,000,000,000 tons, and if Martian and Superman did all the pulling, one of them would have to be pulling at least 1/2 of the Earth which would make them at least 5x stronger then she is, neither Martian or Superman are 5x stronger then Wonder Woman is so we can assume that Wonder Woman was moving her fair share of it. 

Actually it is simple, we are using feats, tons in Marvel weigh the same as tons in DC so please stop using the different power excuse

You haven't provided any legit points of Ares being anywhere close to her level

Also Ares isnt immortal, the last time we saw him he got ripped in half by Sentry [who is also weaker then Wonder Woman is]
SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SevanGrim
@Neon_Nemesis: ...and what is A-1 exactly? all it suggests in this pic is that superman and WW are in the same classification, but it doesnt say what the classification means. This is the OMAC program were talking about. For all you know, A-1 the Omac's shouldn't try to overpower them. 

you know what bugs me about that picture of them moving a planet? Its that there are 20+ years post crisis of examples of their powers. hundreds of comics showing what they can and cannot do rather consistently. And then, one comic comes out and shows 3 superheroes of unspecified strength pulling a planet with a magic lasso that has never really been explained, and thats all everyone sees. 
 you know what i see? i see WW needing Aquamans help to do what superman could do alone in "Our Worlds At War". I see her failing to hold up a single midsized building in "Justice". Getting the snot beat out of her by Bizzaro in "Trinity"(Matt Wagner's story from '04).
h\the same goes for Superman, and Aquaman, and MM, and everyone else who's  been around that long. Years and years, issues and issues, of stories that portray them as one thing, but one story gives the possibility of something more, and thats fact? no.
  Standard DC history post crisis puts WW at  a medium strength. Shes strong, but not superman strong. shes fast, but not Flash fast. Shes a fighter and a thinker, but not as skilled in either as Batman. And her invulnerability is low, thus the bracelets that deflect anything. 

Read Ares' powers. he can regenerate and be revived. the point i was making is WW couldnt do enough damage to put him down.
Neon_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Neon_Nemesis
@Grim said:
" @Neon_Nemesis: ...and what is A-1 exactly? all it suggests in this pic is that superman and WW are in the same classification, but it doesnt say what the classification means. This is the OMAC program were talking about. For all you know, A-1 the Omac's shouldn't try to overpower them.    you know what bugs me about that picture of them moving a planet? Its that there are 20+ years post crisis of examples of their powers. hundreds of comics showing what they can and cannot do rather consistently. And then, one comic comes out and shows 3 superheroes of unspecified strength pulling a planet with a magic lasso that has never really been explained, and thats all everyone sees.   you know what i see? i see WW needing Aquamans help to do what superman could do alone in "Our Worlds At War". I see her failing to hold up a single midsized building in "Justice". Getting the snot beat out of her by Bizzaro in "Trinity"(Matt Wagner's story from '04). h\the same goes for Superman, and Aquaman, and MM, and everyone else who's  been around that long. Years and years, issues and issues, of stories that portray them as one thing, but one story gives the possibility of something more, and thats fact? no.   Standard DC history post crisis puts WW at  a medium strength. Shes strong, but not superman strong. shes fast, but not Flash fast. Shes a fighter and a thinker, but not as skilled in either as Batman. And her invulnerability is low, thus the bracelets that deflect anything.   Read Ares' powers. he can regenerate and be revived. the point i was making is WW couldnt do enough damage to put him down. "
A-1 is the highest class of physical strenght, Wonder Woman is in the same class as Superman  

Please don't complain about inconsistency either, because Diana has hung with Superman and Captain Marvel consistently.  How are their strenght levels unspecified? They are at the highest level.  

Basically you are using a bunch of low end feats and low showings to make her look bad, she has consistently shown herself to be a top tier character in Superman and Captain Marvels league.

As far as her invulnerability goes,  the only things that really harm her are sharp weapons, she has been shot with bullets before without any injury, she has taken mass explosions, and even the full brunt of Supermans heat vision without any injury.  

She's fast, not Flash fast but she doesn't have to be, she doesn't have to be as smart as Batman is either, Ares isn't even a class 100 character

Basically, you saying they are equal in strenght is flat out wrong

Ares is dead right now, even if he could be revived their is no one to do so, Wonder Woman would just do the exact same thing that Sentry did, rip Ares in half. Fights over
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AtPhantom
@Grim: Justice deals with silver age version of the characters and it isn't canon.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29  Edited By Matezoide2

DC Ares rips Marvel's in two ala Sentry

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By spidey 15
@Matezoide said:
"DC Ares rips Marvel's in two ala Sentry "

LOL.... Agree!
"Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By "Colossus"

DC ares is pretty much skyfather level.

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Matezoide2

even if Wonder Woman could only move 0,01% of earth,she would still be vastly stronger than Ares

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Static Shock

Did someone really say that Wonder Woman is equal to Marvel Ares? I'm sorry, but the woman fights DC Ares, Big Barda, Superman, Captain Marvel, and several beings on par with Superman. The woman has helped pull the Earth's weight, the Moon, and several other things that are several times heavier than Ares can lift. Ares isn't even close to class 100, anyway...

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Static Shock
@Grim: The Lasso was just enchanted to encompass the Earth as a harness. Nothing more. Even if we don't really know what she pulled, it's still greater than anything Ares could lift of pull. Her profile states she can lift over 100 tons, because that's where the measurement stops. Doesn't mean that can't lift things much heavier, and even then, the profile you read is probably a Wiki. Her official profiles states that she as just as strong as Superman, Martian Manhunter, and Captain Marvel.  The OMAC scan you looked is just another example of where she stands in strength. A-1 means she's on Superman's level or close. Also, the OMAC was developed by Batman, so I think he would know that Wonder Woman is stronger than you believe her to be. This was taken from her handbook, based on her volume 2 run, which IS Post-Crisis.

No Caption Provided

The Justice story you're referring to is out of continuity to Post-Crisis Wonder Woman, and it only showcases Pre-Crisis Wonder Woman, who was weaker than that her Post-Crisis version. Trinity was also out of continuity to Post-Crisis Wonder Woman, and it took place in an alternate reality. Wonder Woman isn't medium strength as you're suggesting, and I'm pretty sure DC Post-Crisis continuity disagrees with you greatly. She doesn't have to be as skilled as Batman (who admitted that she was the most dangerous melee fighter in the world). She doesn't have to be as fast as the Flash, even though she's kept up with him before, as well as Jesse Quick (who's top speed is half-light speed), not to mention the time Jesse broke light speed using the Speed Force equation and Wonder Woman also broke light speed under her own power to catch up with her to catch a speedster that was powered up by Hermes' scroll. 

@Grim

said:

" but he cant be much more powerful(if he is) than WW, who CANNOT beat ANY of the greek gods

That's funny. She defeated Ares in one shot.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Surge2477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Surge2477

everyone knows that dc characters are as strong & as fast as they need to be. not much different from marvel, but it's more frequent in dc. doesn't make these fights between companies intriuging as often as most would like due to 3 people pulling a planet. how does one argue when there's a scan of someone moving a planet just because he or she needs to 

in any case, dc ares is much more powerful across the scale then his marvel counterpart.
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#36  Edited By Decoy Elite

DC Ares.

Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Grim said:
" @the creator said:
" @icecream1991 said:
"
WHy?????? 

i think their about the same, WW and Marvel Ares. I think DC Ares wins bcause he's really a god, where as Marvel's is more or less a hal-god. He has knowledge of war and such, but he cant be much more powerful(if he is) than WW, who CANNOT beat ANY of the greek gods (you know, considering they gave her life and all...oh. and cuz their gods).  While DC's Ares can loose a hand to hand fight and bleed, he has tons of other powers at his disposal as a very basic reincarnation of the actual greek god.  although, if Marvel's ares recovers from his latest 'condition', we may have to rethink all of this... "

They're not even close to being equals
SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SevanGrim
@Neon_Nemesis: no. not low end. adverage.
and as i said, it goes for all of them.  random jumps in power dont suddenly trump years of struggling against much weaker weights.
Either Superman can move planets and therefor knock Thor out in one punch (something we have seen he cant do thanks to skans in the Superman vs Thor threads), or they are both of the same strength and therefore Thor can move planets too. it doesnt make sense for Superman to have THAT much trouble with someone he has soooomuch more power than, and thats exactly what we saw in the cross over. Superman and Thor going toe to toe. 
and that would mean Sentry is at lest as strong as Superman(plus all the extra powers). And Hulk is about the same. and Solomun Grundy, Juggernaut, Thing. All of them suddenly become powerful enough to move a moon.

once again, DC has never set up a proper ranking system. so while we know A-1 means their strong, we have no clue exactly HOW strong. for example: who else is an A-1? If Darkseid is an A-1, it means A-1 is just upwards past a certain point. If Geo-Force is an A-1, then it might be set too low. and seeing as to how supermans powers have never been tested fully in DC, perhaps A-1 is a guess by Btaman.
 DC doesnt want to rank their heroes. It helps defend them from consistency issues. They like it better when fans just ball-park the situation based on YEARS OF COMICS, not one instance. so until the day DC makes one of those stupid power grids that marvel has been using (and constantly changing) for 10 years, you really cant really gauge any of their power levels past what their capable of a majority of the time.
 thats the reason why, even with your scans and compared feats, a majority of people still look at Superman vs Thor and say Thor. and why i look at Ares and WW, two characters who use combat over strength (but have both), and have been considered in the same bakllpark as the biggest guns (though neither would actually win) and say their about even.
EmperorVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By EmperorVulcan

This is why I don't read DC.

CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By CosmicSpiral
@Grim said:

" @Neon_Nemesis: no. not low end. adverage. and as i said, it goes for all of them.  random jumps in power dont suddenly trump years of struggling against much weaker weights.Either Superman can move planets and therefor knock Thor out in one punch (something we have seen he cant do thanks to skans in the Superman vs Thor threads), or they are both of the same strength and therefore Thor can move planets too. it doesnt make sense for Superman to have THAT much trouble with someone he has soooomuch more power than, and thats exactly what we saw in the cross over. Superman and Thor going toe to toe.  and that would mean Sentry is at lest as strong as Superman(plus all the extra powers). And Hulk is about the same. and Solomun Grundy, Juggernaut, Thing. All of them suddenly become powerful enough to move a moon. once again, DC has never set up a proper ranking system. so while we know A-1 means their strong, we have no clue exactly HOW strong. for example: who else is an A-1? If Darkseid is an A-1, it means A-1 is just upwards past a certain point. If Geo-Force is an A-1, then it might be set too low. and seeing as to how supermans powers have never been tested fully in DC, perhaps A-1 is a guess by Btaman.  DC doesnt want to rank their heroes. It helps defend them from consistency issues. They like it better when fans just ball-park the situation based on YEARS OF COMICS, not one instance. so until the day DC makes one of those stupid power grids that marvel has been using (and constantly changing) for 10 years, you really cant really gauge any of their power levels past what their capable of a majority of the time.  thats the reason why, even with your scans and compared feats, a majority of people still look at Superman vs Thor and say Thor. and why i look at Ares and WW, two characters who use combat over strength (but have both), and have been considered in the same bakllpark as the biggest guns (though neither would actually win) and say their about even. "

Wow, look at that toilet reasoning. Superman moving planets on his own is all Pre-Crisis stuff, and scans from crossovers are non-canon. Just because Superman can't push planets on his own does not make him the same level as Thor. 

Marvel doesn't have a proper ranking system. Class 100 is the upper limit; guess how many times Marvel characters blatantly exceed that? All the damn time. Hercules get knocked around by his brother, a class 75 brick, but can pull Manhattan? Marvel can't even get its own power grids right half of the time.   

The writers don't care about power levels, they care about writing stories. You don't need power levels to determine strength levels, just common sense and comic book knowledge. 

Come back to me with scans of Marvel Ares catching chunks of the Moon or moving faster than the speed of light. 
Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

DC Ares is also lord of the dead

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By SevanGrim
@CosmicSpiral: ur kinda proving my point. 
the whole point i was trying to make is that the powers are inconsistent, and so you cant single out the one or two times a hero has 1/3rd planet moving strength and call that their power cap. in the cross over (that everyone uses as an arguing point in all of the Superman vs thor threads) they are near equal.
 and maybe Marvel's power ranking system isnt accurate, but they have still officially made one. DC never will, which was the point i was arguing when i brought up power grids.
in a fight. WW and Ares would be abut even. Thats all im trying to get across. shes a little stronger and faster. He can probably fight like deathstroke, and he regenerates. im just saying its not a one sided fight.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#43  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Grim said:
" @CosmicSpiral: ur kinda proving my point.  the whole point i was trying to make is that the powers are inconsistent, and so you cant single out the one or two times a hero has 1/3rd planet moving strength and call that their power cap. in the cross over (that everyone uses as an arguing point in all of the Superman vs thor threads) they are near equal.  and maybe Marvel's power ranking system isnt accurate, but they have still officially made one. DC never will, which was the point i was arguing when i brought up power grids. in a fight. WW and Ares would be abut even. Thats all im trying to get across. shes a little stronger and faster. He can probably fight like deathstroke, and he regenerates. im just saying its not a one sided fight. "
The crossovers aren't cannon. The fights were fan voted anyway, and most of them weren't based off of a characters actual abilities. Do you really think Venom can beat both Spider-Man and Superman? Or that Spider-Man can beat a telekinetic that can more mountains? or any other of the crazy crossovers they have?
SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SevanGrim
@Lance Uppercut:  only a couple of the fight were fan voted. the others where decide by actual comics writers, and Thor beat Captain Marvel in one of those pro-decided bouts. And, there are several other crossovers with no fan voted fights. one of those(Avenger/JLA) has the Superman and Thor fighting and then working together. That one was written by Kurt Busiek, a guy who has had long runs on both Avengers and JLA. if anyone knows how to mix DC/Marvel characters accurately, its him. and im pretty sure at some point he said you could totally use his crossover work to argue a power level point. but what does he know right? hes only so respected that he got to write for both companies biggest team comics, as well as a million other jobs for them and everyone else. 

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/superman-vs-thor-and-what-really-went-down/535881/

Neon_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Neon_Nemesis
@Grim said:
" WW and Ares would be abut even. Thats all im trying to get across. shes a little stronger and faster. He can probably fight like deathstroke, and he regenerates. im just saying its not a one sided fight. "
No they aren't and you have been proven wrong numerous times now
SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SevanGrim
@Neon_Nemesis: ...no. not really. 
sigh... heres the thing. comics are inconsistent. you can agree with that, cant you? one guy writes one thing with one effect, another writes something else. yes? yes.
 now, with that in mind, do you see the difference between what has been done a few times, and what is consistent? WW has moved weights of planetary fraction a couple of times. But she has buckled under tonnage of man made items consistently. She has failed where superman easily succeeded strength wise multiple times. She has been effected as if punched in the face by lasers. shes been winded and bloodied fighting other, normal amazons.  
 WW doesnt have power houses and super-duper scientist as villains like Superman. and shes not the idiot he is either. if she was consistently written as strong and as fast as superman, not a one of her villains would ever get anything done. Cheetah would never be an issue if WW could just light speed in and light speed carry her like a baby to jail. Her individual stories all attest to the fact that she is not superman. people randomly write her as capable of more than she is, but 90% of her appearances make her out to be far less than superman, with her own unique abilities.
Neon_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Neon_Nemesis
@Grim said:
" @Neon_Nemesis: ...no. not really.  sigh... heres the thing. comics are inconsistent. you can agree with that, cant you? one guy writes one thing with one effect, another writes something else. yes? yes.  now, with that in mind, do you see the difference between what has been done a few times, and what is consistent? WW has moved weights of planetary fraction a couple of times. But she has buckled under tonnage of man made items consistently. She has failed where superman easily succeeded strength wise multiple times. She has been effected as if punched in the face by lasers. shes been winded and bloodied fighting other, normal amazons.    WW doesnt have power houses and super-duper scientist as villains like Superman. and shes not the idiot he is either. if she was consistently written as strong and as fast as superman, not a one of her villains would ever get anything done. Cheetah would never be an issue if WW could just light speed in and light speed carry her like a baby to jail. Her individual stories all attest to the fact that she is not superman. people randomly write her as capable of more than she is, but 90% of her appearances make her out to be far less than superman, with her own unique abilities. "
She has been consistently shown to be near Superman's level, her powerset is different in the sense that she isn't as fast or as durable as Superman is ei she can be cut by blades so she has to deflect attacks with her braceletts

So you are basing her entire powerset on one of her rouges? No offense but that is a very weak argument, 

Superman doesn't light speed in and light speed out his rogues to jail either, its called PLOT and if they did this it would kill the entire purpose of a comic book

Basically, the only argument you are providing is using her lowest showings and ignoring her higher consistent one's

You keep saying Ares is equal to her in physical power, yet you have failed to prove it numerous times now

Basically, provide evidence, or stop wasting everyones time
Neon_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Neon_Nemesis
@Grim said:
" @Lance Uppercut:  only a couple of the fight were fan voted. the others where decide by actual comics writers, and Thor beat Captain Marvel in one of those pro-decided bouts. And, there are several other crossovers with no fan voted fights. one of those(Avenger/JLA) has the Superman and Thor fighting and then working together. That one was written by Kurt Busiek, a guy who has had long runs on both Avengers and JLA. if anyone knows how to mix DC/Marvel characters accurately, its him. and im pretty sure at some point he said you could totally use his crossover work to argue a power level point. but what does he know right? hes only so respected that he got to write for both companies biggest team comics, as well as a million other jobs for them and everyone else. 

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/superman-vs-thor-and-what-really-went-down/535881/

"
Really? You're using a crossover now? You had a very weak argument before but this is just sad
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By xan84

DC Ares stomps
SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By SevanGrim
@Neon_Nemesis said:
" @Grim said:
" @Lance Uppercut:  only a couple of the fight were fan voted. the others where decide by actual comics writers, and Thor beat Captain Marvel in one of those pro-decided bouts. And, there are several other crossovers with no fan voted fights. one of those(Avenger/JLA) has the Superman and Thor fighting and then working together. That one was written by Kurt Busiek, a guy who has had long runs on both Avengers and JLA. if anyone knows how to mix DC/Marvel characters accurately, its him. and im pretty sure at some point he said you could totally use his crossover work to argue a power level point. but what does he know right? hes only so respected that he got to write for both companies biggest team comics, as well as a million other jobs for them and everyone else. 

"
Really? You're using a crossover now? You had a very weak argument before but this is just sad "
yep. Kurt Busiek sure is an idiot, right Neon? yeah...
i think i figured out the problem here: you dont comprehend. you glaze over the writing, and then you react  without even trying to actually understand whats being said. 
 it also just occurred to me that you followed me here from another thread to argue something small i said, all the while ignoring the actual topic.