Martian Manhunter Vs. Thor, Iron Man

• 125 results
Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@professorrespect: Thanks for that and the info. If he is biologically affected by it then do you think incendiary cluster bombing or missiles could also hurt or weaken him?

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

@noone1996: If a jobber villain who only had regular flamethrowers for weapons could kill J'onn, high tech stuff like that would definitely do the job if it got a good shot in.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Wow that's actually pretty pathetic. I love the DC fanboys who claim threads like these are mismatches that should be locked... Smh.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@watermelon47: I can see a toss up bit no way does Jonn out strike a mjolnir weilding Thor

watermelon47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@watermelon47: I can see a toss up bit no way does Jonn out strike a mjolnir weilding Thor

Punching Darkseid so hard it forges accidentally boomtube behind him sending straight to the source ( sth what even new gods cannot reach ) or with one punch striking shazam so hard ( i know he was weakened ) it made his face burning from friction forces. Or matching casually Spectre in hand to hand battle whom even Diana and Kal tried, struggled and failed to even lift him.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By destinyman75

@watermelon47: Thor has punched holes in reality but likely not consistent as those examples you gave of Jonn.. Mjolnir hits harder

I'm at work and will give better rebuttals later on

neonwombat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: yes his fire weakness was cited in the newest justice league comics 2018 to present when a gimped amazo ko'ed him with its heat vision.

JLA_Avengers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mmh

thebeyonder1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thebeyonder1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By thebeyonder1

@noone1996: he helped destroy the moon and tanked the explosion that resulted, so I think bombs will be a slight inconvenience to him.

watermelon47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@watermelon47: scan of the spectre feat please, bit curious.

I saw it for sure but must do research ( Maybe i will find it on readcomicsonline ) but tomorrow

mbatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Wow that's actually pretty pathetic. I love the DC fanboys who claim threads like these are mismatches that should be locked... Smh.

Ah I see your a fanboy, I don’t really consider myself a fan, I just debate for the side that should win.

First off Marvel was retconned the whole telepathic dampeners remains to be seen by the retconned 8th multiverse, or did you forget the events of secret wars II.

Thor isn’t touching MmH

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996: in that case he protects thor's mind and thor beats the bejesus out of the martian

mbatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_book_fan: Incorrect Ironmans telepathic dampeners from memory only protect himself and even then they’ve been overrided by Professor X, back then professor X needed Cerebro to TP on a world wide level. John has been doing world wide TP for years, I’m not trying to start a flame war I can already see the x-men fans by no means is John better than Charles, my argument is that John has superior telepathic power but Charles has superior telepathic technique which is why he could lock up the pheonix in Jeans mind, technique over power. But there is no reason the telepathic dampeners would hold when a pheonix amped iron man was almost taken out by a rouge with telepathic abilities.

No Caption Provided

And like I said to noone1996, current Ironman who is part of the 8th multiverse after the events of secret wars II retcon has yet to show he has telepathic dampening technology.

By default they lose to a being a fast, strong, durable and more versatile then superman. He’s too fast and intangible.

baph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol DC fanbase is silly as can be...Thor fan solo high difficulty...Jonn can win too depending..This auto mind rape is funny Given Jonn don't n Character...Iron Man offers distraction while Thor with supior striking wails on Jonnnis ad likely as any

flush down the percocets

bdelloidgrain2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Martian Manhunter wins.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mbatz: Alright keep spewing biased nonsense backed up by nothing. 8th multiverse? What the hell are you talking about? Meanwhile, in AXIS Iron Man consistently disrupted planetary level telepathy that affected high tiers. Also, genius, Rogue was using telekinesis in that scan and not telepathy. How about you learn to read before embarrassing yourself even more, okay champ?

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Noone1996

@comic_book_fan: Agreed. MMH gets dogpiled since his TP is useless and he has a fire weakness. Biased DC fanboys can’t change that fact.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996: thor is stronger and has a more effective power set manhunter is still faster but without telepathy he can't really do much to thor

mbatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By mbatz

@noone1996: It’s not biased I was telling the truth.

In the prelude to secret wars II the multiverse was destroyed by the beyonders killing molecule mans which caused a cascade effect with universes colliding with one another.

Most of the 616 universes characters were either killed or if they survived were brainwashed with exception of a select few.

Iron man died and when kid Franklin Richards with the help of Molecule Man helped rebuild the multiverse, it is now called the 8th multiverse and that’s where all current comics are taking place.

The 8th multiverse continuity was even mention in immortal hulk were the sentients of the 9th multiverse says hulk is like Galan a member of the previous multiverse and even calls it the 8th multiverse.

All stories you’ve mentioned occurred in the 7th multiverse, why do you think ironman’s feats have only declined in there impressiveness, because the secret wars and the 8th multiverse reset Ironman as a character the same way crisis on infinite earths reset DC.

Current Ironman doesn’t have telepathic dampening technology, that’s what I said above, and don’t try pull a fast one and say 7th and 8th multiverse ironmans are the same there not hence why marvel made a line of comics called all-new all-different.

Proof:

No Caption Provided

Any marvel comic currently out is a new continuity, the same way there is post-crisis superman and pre-crisis their is now pre-secret war II and Post-secret wars II or you can call it All-new, All-different characters. There’s also classic which has been retconned to be apart of main continuity and consistent.

Current Iron man and Thor will lose. I hate having to explain the above everytime.

Do you even know anything about marvel, just the other day you though King Thor in King Thor (2019) was the same as 1990s King Thor.

Dude there not the same study the marvel timeline or ask me for help I’m more then happy to explain this nonsense Marvel didn’t announce it properly enough it seems.

Martian Manhunter wins Thor and Ironman can’t do anything at all, no punches land, no hammer hitting MMH, no repulsors, no telepathic dampeners unless you use pre-secret wars II iron man, but even those have been destroyed by rouge with jeans powers absorbed and Ironman was the pheonix.

Martian Manhunter wins

Edit: MMH doesn’t even have a fire weakness anymore you noob.

Furthermore the telepathic dampeners of pre-secret wars II iron man only worked for himself so he can’t shield Thor, he has telepathic tasers which won’t work since he can phase and Emma bypassed them with pure telepathic power and technique.

Your actually misleading people. I just hope it’s unintentional.

MMH wins read the full thing or it won’t make sense.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Underfire47

Omg not this stupid argument again... Secret Wars 2015 was NOT a reboot.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/03/28/eccc-15-marvel-official-its-not-a-reboot/

Several different writers and editors have confirmed this.

All the characters are exactly the same, all their feats from before still apply, nothing got changed other than they moved from the 7th multiverse to the 8th one.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mbatz: Secret wars was NOT Reboot ...and don't call someone whose been around a long time a noob, when you are yourself wrong as you are here....just saying... saying noob when you are wrong..eh you get it don't be so quick to judge...

mbatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@destinyman75: I said Secret wars II basically rebooted the marvel multiverse. That is correct, the multiverse prior to that was destroyed by the beyonders, also correct.

So no I wasn‘t wrong.

Furthermore this is the same guy that said King Thor from King Thor (2018) was the same as King Thor from 1990s, another user and I had to explain the whole Thor timeline.

So yes I will stop calling him a noob and I’m not sure why your offended on CV so many people swear I don’t.

So are you gonna call the mods on noone1996 for swearing or did you subconsciously just call me out because I supporting a different side then you.

I mean come on man this is kinda mean noone1996 was swearing and all you can say is dont call him a noobl

Furthermore you even said what I said was incorrect when it was.

What do you want from me in reality?

I was correct and I said noob which is less offensive then swearing what is your true motive here?

Maybe I’m overthinking things but I’m still correct and MMH wins

Im just unhappy our quarrel is stopping people from seeing my previous post on secret wars II.

mbatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By mbatz

@underfire47:Hey mate your website vs your statements vs my statements is gonna confuse people.

The general consensus that both of us can agree with is that after secret wars II the 8th multiverse was made by Franklin and Molecule Man

If you agree say agree

The next thing we agree on is that whilst 616 was remade and the new multiverse was called the 8th cosmos not “MUCH” changed.

Your own website has statements from editors that even proves there were changes to the 8th cosmos the most obvious being the pact between the gods and celestials.

The change to how humans came to existence with it being due to dark celestial known as the progenitor I probably spelt it wrong.

They added the dark celestials race not to be confused with aspirants which are black celestials.

And this is just of the top of my head, you’d have to be extremely dense to believe every single character is the same as there 7th multiverse counterparts, I say counterparts because they are completely different beings and we have yet to see some perform feats 7th multiverse incarnations have done.

E.g. Thor and time travel and I’m not talking about King Thor I just mean normal thor.

Post-Secret wars II Tony whilst incredibly similar hasn’t used telepathic dampeners and even if he did (and he hasn’t) he’s only ever used it on himself he can’t share it.

As you can see I’m trying to end this in a sensible manor your Website says an I quote.

Marvel’s CB Cebulski stated that what Marvel readers are getting is “not going to be a reboot, not going to be a revamp, not like everything’s changing” while Captain Marvel writer Kelly Sue DeConnick reiterated about Marvel continuity saying “this is the longest running continuing narrative in human history” and it is not to be done away with. Writer Rick Remender emphasised that what would happen would dismiss the work they’d all done on the books, while editor Mike Marks said that pushing the reset button wouldn’t be that much fun…

And CB also emphasised that there would be a Fantastic Four comic after Secret Wars….

So… there. Whatever’s coming, whatever changes are made, whatever you get at the end of it… not a reboot. They said.

I think you know what I’m going to say, the authors said it’s not a reboot in the sense all the previous comics regarding characters won’t be immediately discarded and they will reference it just like they did in Thanos infinity ending but it has also said they will make changes and if you’ve read the Ironman comics you’ll notice Ironman’s armour has only become weaker or need I mention superior suits that Ironman used to use consistently.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Underfire47

@mbatz: TL;DR. Your statement that i disagree with is saying Thor and Tony and are not the same now as they were pre-2015 SW event, which is simply untrue.

There have been lots of changes to the Marvel multiverse as a whole, but the characters are the same ones, the most that got changed about them is some got a different redesign, but that happens constantly at Marvel.

You have to be touched in the head to think Thor in 2019 is a different being to the one from in 2012 or something, that's simply not true. And literally no one even believes such a nonsense. A few years back a few people tried to argue that the SW thing was a reboot like crisis or flashpoint but that got shut down by the marvel editors and writers pretty quickly and there is no piece of evidence saying that Marvel got rebooted. As one writer said

"this is the longest running continuing narrative in human history and it is not to be done away with"

So the character are still the same characters, they even still have constant references to things that happened way in their past.

watermelon47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MMH oneshots even without tp. His haxes are still above Thor, Surfer, Sentry together combined

mbatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By mbatz

@underfire47: My goodness

I meant that there were some slight changes to characters. Yes 2010 reborn JM Thor is basically the same as this Thor but he can’t time travel know can he it’s an ability that was retconned out.

Thats what I’m saying the writers said there would be some slight changes to the Marvel multiverse but it’s not a reboot. I agree I just meant that Ironman doesn’t have telepathic dampeners I could even ask you to find one instance of him using it.

The same way that Thor can’t time travel is the same way Ironman can no longer use telepathic dampeners.

Or in your own words “you’d have to be tapped in the head” to believe current tony has a superior armour to pre-secret wars II iron man that’s a lie.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mbatz: Your post is filled with nonsense and backpeddaling, Thor has used odd powers back in classic times that he has never used since, that's normal. And Tony's armors constantly change.

mbatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@underfire47: What you’ve just said counters arguments of other individuals.

This is ironman in standard armour and Thor

Saying he’s armours all vary is okay and all but other users say why wouldn’t ironmans other armours not have telepathic dampening if there more advanced.

So with your argument tony in he’s standard armour doesn’t have telepathic dampeners.

Since only a speccific armour has telepathic dampening according to you which know I think about it is kind of true I only ever did see one armour use telepathic dampening and it was only for himself Thor is still getting oneshotted or need I mention Prof X oneshotting the avengers.

I mean even with TP dampening on Iron man whats to stop MMH taking out IM in nanoseconds.

MMH wins man

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Buckwheat

@underfire47: @mbatz

Sorry to bug in your conversation. I personally don't have the knowledge some of you guys have, so what I'm saying I'm saying humbly: I can see how both of you have points in your arguments that are true.

1.) The creation of the 8th multiverse changed some characters.

2.) The creation of the 8th multiverse is not considered a reboot.

Both statements are not contradictory,so the real argument here would be if All New Ironmam and Thor are as powerful as they where,(not say they are or are not), and, of course, who would win out of this VS.

For the moment, lookin at the arguments presented, I'm leaning a bit towards MM, for his incredibly high stats and crazy hax seem to give him a chance against the duo.

However Ironman's intelligence should not be forgotten here, since almost without prep he is able to counter almost anyone. And Thor... Well he is Thor, so... Still not sure who wins here.

It's a good fight, that's for sure.

LukaDoncicmvp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By LukaDoncicmvp

@mbatz: I just remembered Emma Frost beating Thor. U're 100% correct. MM trashes them.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mbatz said:

@underfire47: What you’ve just said counters arguments of other individuals.

This is ironman in standard armour and Thor

Saying he’s armours all vary is okay and all but other users say why wouldn’t ironmans other armours not have telepathic dampening if there more advanced.

So with your argument tony in he’s standard armour doesn’t have telepathic dampeners.

Since only a speccific armour has telepathic dampening according to you which know I think about it is kind of true I only ever did see one armour use telepathic dampening and it was only for himself Thor is still getting oneshotted or need I mention Prof X oneshotting the avengers.

I mean even with TP dampening on Iron man whats to stop MMH taking out IM in nanoseconds.

MMH wins man

I don't care about other individuals, if something i said counters their arguments than they had bad arguments to begin with.

My only point is that these characters are the same characters.

I don't disagree that MMH wins, my initial argument has nothing to do with who wins or loses here.

My argument is you used a wiki article to argue that Marvel was rebooted and that characters prior to 2015 dont retain their feats any longer, which is untrue if you wanna argue Tony doesn't have those feats because he is in a different armor that's fine but don't argue that he is a different character.

Marvel writers and editors already shut down that idea.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@underfire47: @mbatz

Sorry to bug in your conversation. I personally don't have the knowledge some of you guys have, so what I'm saying I'm saying humbly: I can see how both of you have points in your arguments that are true.

1.) The creation of the 8th multiverse changed some characters.

2.) The creation of the 8th multiverse is not considered a reboot.

Both statements are not contradictory,so the real argument here would be if All New Ironmam and Thor are as powerful as they where,(not say they are or are not), and, of course, who would win out of this VS.

For the moment, lookin at the arguments presented, I'm leaning a bit towards MM, for his incredibly high stats and crazy hax seem to give him a chance against the duo.

However Ironman's intelligence should not be forgotten here, since almost without prep he is able to counter almost anyone. And Thor... Well he is Thor, so... Still not sure who wins here.

It's a good fight, that's for sure.

That's fine but characters have changed in Marvel all the time even without them going into a new multiverse.

The 8th multiverse is not a reboot it's a continuation that just happens in a new multiverse, the characters are the same, the mutliverse isn't.

mbatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@underfire47: My knowledge isn’t from a wiki article it’s from my Current knowledge of marvel which is better than most people in my OPINION not fact.

As you already know from the Mxy v toba hulk debate I’ve only recently started reading marvel.

I read the latest comics and a list of classic comics I won’t state which ones unless you ask.

Usually I’d argue but if you a marvel guru think MMH wins then I won’t argue even if I disagree with your arguments

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mbatz: The scan you posted above is taken from a wikipedia article. And it doesn't say that the Marvel was rebooted just that they re-branded it in 2015 to be all new all different, they did this because they started introducing a lot of new characters lately, especially diverse ones.

I don't know actually, i can't remember talking to you, not saying i didn't but i talk to a lot of people and i forget most.

You want to argue about MMH winning this? I don't understand this last part.

mbatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@underfire47: That scan was just to re-affirm what I knew

Fair enough if you don’t remember me

Nah I was just saying if you think Martian manhunter wins there is no point in me arguing with you about the circumstances

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@lukadoncicmvp: Emma Frost, enhanced by 1/5th of the Phoenix force beat Thor. Not by telepathy, mind you. She couldn't enter his mind because he was a god.

I could be wrong but I don't think she has beaten him otherwise.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mbatz: Secret Wars isn't a reboot like COIE or Flashpoint. The multiverse was rebuilt, but all characters and events were largely unchanged. Modern stories reference pre SW events all the time. Mark Waid's recent History of the Marvel Universe details everything that happened since classic times to 2019 -- all of which are canon.

I think underfire posted a link where they confirm its not a reboot.

mbatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By mbatz

@brucerogers: Yeah I agreed with him

I only said it was a reboot in the sense the multiverse was remade

I made it even more clear that the characters were more or less the same but some changed slightly

The editors from the link underfire posted confirmed this that they’re would be changes to xharacters and what occurred in main continuity

But we both ended up believing that MMH wins

Edit: some changes were also made to main continuity stories and I mentioned some to under fire also

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukadoncicmvp: That definitely wasn't normal Emma...Thor definitely can take Jonns onslaught, his durability is Insane and lighting is much hotter then the the fire that has KO'd Jonn before....

It could be a toss up really..But Thor certainly alone has what it takes to stop Jonn..much less has. Even silver surfer can attest to Thor's might

LukaDoncicmvp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@destinyman75: @brucerogers: That was da ridiculous part of it all.

Emma beating him telepathically makes sense cause she already was a highly skilled telepath now enhanced by a huge portion of phoenix.

What it doesn't make any sense is for her to emasculate Thor, a thousands year old warrior powerhouse, in a Fist fight, while wearing HIGH HEALS.

How many times have u seen Phoenix Jean brawling people? That's laughable, Phoenix is a psionic entity, it's not Cyttorak. Marvel people just wanted to shit on Thor & a Fist fight is more visceral than mind raping.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mbatz: Alright everything you said about Marvel rebooting has been debunked by others and you’re wrong yet again. How ironic that you accuse me of being misleading. If it was a reboot and none of the other events happened in the current Marvel universe then how come there are still constant references to the past comics pre-Secret Wars? I mean in Infamous Iron Man alone, Tony literally talks to Doom about how they traveled to Camelot together and that was a story written decades ago. You’re completely delusional and don’t know what the hell you are talking about. Have you even read a Marvel comic before or do you just get all of your information from 10 second google searches and Wikipedia? You can’t even properly read scans that you pawned off of random users before saving and using them against Iron Man. As for MMH not having a heat weakness, I trust the informed opinion of Professorrespect over someone who has been shown to be wrong and lying time and time again. You ARE biased and your wank for DC is a joke.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Noone1996

Does anybody have proof that current MMH is no longer vulnerable to fire? Some scans would be nice.

mbatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996: This is becoming quite cancerous

I’ve already told multiple users that I meant reboot in the sense of the multiverse was re-created.

So your clearly not reading anything and your not qualified to argue about things your not knowledgeable about your the same guy that said that there was no 8th multiverse so trying to make me sound like a fool is pointless.

@mbatz: Alright keep spewing biased nonsense backed up by nothing. 8th multiverse? What the hell are you talking about? Meanwhile, in AXIS Iron Man consistently disrupted planetary level telepathy that affected high tiers. Also, genius, Rogue was using telekinesis in that scan and not telepathy. How about you learn to read before embarrassing yourself even more, okay champ?

So yeah you fail as a marvel fan.

Whats even funnier was that in my first explanation concerning the 8th multiverse I never mentioned rebooting at all which was post 72, but for whatever reason underfire47 said that I said marvel was rebooted, in fact i need to ask why he said that I said marvel was rebooted. In my post 72 I only ever said the multiverse was re-created.

Furthermore your trolling at this point, you’re trying your best to derail me without answering the question of who wins. Such behaviour is not befitting a person in a debate but excusing this behaviour what do you bring to the table.

Also I never at any point said that all of the stories prior to secret wars II didn’t exist your just dense and assume the worst in in people.

I specifically said that there were ”some” changes to main continuity and multiple people agreed and i even referenced editors

Anyways I’m not gonna waste too much time on you

Not even my worst enemies have ever lied about me your a first.

Ask anyone who debated against me, when I’m wrong I submit and apologise, your just annoying and don’t offer any arguments, instead you’d rather lie about arguments I’ve had with other people whilst keeping quiet for several days just essentially stalking my arguments.

Get a life

I‘ll talk to you when your done ridiculing me like a 7 year old and bring a proper argument.

Your like a child.

If anyone wants to argue I’ll take you on just raise a proper argument based on facts.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukadoncicmvp: Thor may be an immortal warrior but that doesn't make him unbeatable. Emma was amped way beyond normal and was rapidly healing from everything he was throwing at her, so I honestly don't see what the big deal is.

Plenty of abstract entities use fistcuffs now and then. Emma with the 1/5th of the power of one is no exception.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Noone1996

@mbatz: Keep crying, insulting, and twisting your words to worm your way out of being wrong, a liar, and discredited. I mean you LITERALLY said that, due to Secret Wars II, we couldn’t use Iron Man’s feats from AXIS because it was the 7th multiverse and not the current even though it’s the exact same character and it wasn’t a rebooted version. Now all of a sudden you never said it was a reboot? Then why bring it up? How is his telepathic dampening tech not applicable here? You are literally the most intellectually dishonest user on this site that I’ve seen in awhile and breaking the rules by insulting me just because I call out your shitty logic and arguments doesn’t make me “a dense no life child”.

Avatar image for randybutternubs
RandyButterNubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MMH

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#100 morpheus_  Moderator

@mbatz: Temp ban. Think twice before insulting anyone's intelligence in this way again.

@mbatz: Keep crying, insulting, and twisting your words to worm your way out of being wrong, a liar, and discredited.

While you were provoked, refrain from telling any user that they are "crying."