Avatar image for capitolpunishment
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CapitolPunishment

Ironman and the Flash are both found dead on the dark side of the moon from unknown causes. The Sentry is sent to look for Tony and The Martian is sent to look for the flash. The two arrive at the same time 100 feet apart and find there friends dead. At the same time they see each other they then try to probe each others mins to get answers for the deaths of there friends, both take it as an act of aggression and battle begins.Two round battle, both take place on the dark side of the moon, both start 50 feat apart.

Round one:

- Both in character but angry at one another
- No prep, random encounter
- No BFR
- Sentry is stable, no Void. 
- Win by knock out, surrender or containment 
- No fire

Sentry
Sentry
vs
    Martian Manhunter
 Martian Manhunter
Round Two:

Things get heated after the first round and the Void takes over the mind of the Sentry. He attempts to enter the mind of the Martian to overpower him and end it quick but instead unleashes Fernus the burning, the Void is then confronted by a beast that rivals his own power.

- Both Blood lusted
- Battle to the death, no BFR.

Void
Void
vs
 Fernus
Fernus
 Who will win each round and why?
jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jashro44

Normally I say martian manhunter wins because of intangibility and telepathy but sentry is also a pretty impressive telepath. I hope people provide reasoning for martian manhunter it would be nice to know what his top speed and strength level is.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Round 1: MM

Round 2: Void since he is immortal and the fight is to the death.

Avatar image for enzeru--defunct
Enzeru--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Enzeru--defunct

Round 1) 
Sentry wins, since Martian Manhunter has nothing which is superior to the Sentry. 

Round 2)
It's interesting, since Fernus has some high quality feats, but since it's a fight 'til death I would give it to the Void, since it debatable if Fernus could resist such powerful matter manipulation and the Void is immortal after all if he doesn't wish to die. 

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PikminMania

@Enzeru: Sentry telepathy feat?

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By czarny_samael666

1.If MM will use TP - he will end like Emma.  If no - he wins, he is stronger and faster.
2.As above, but here Void's mm will give him win for sure.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

1/3 of a planet vs helicarrier sounds equal to me.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By MrDirector786

@Enzeru said:

Round 1) Sentry wins, since Martian Manhunter has nothing which is superior to the Sentry.

MM's strength and speed are above Sentry's.

Enzeru--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Enzeru--defunct
@PikminMania said:

He erased the memories of all people on the Earth including people like Emma Frost, Professor X, Dr. Doom, Thor, Dr. Strange (which would be Classic Strange) and so on, more then once. 
He was able to telepathically and empathically overpower Savage Hulk who was supposed to be immune to telepathy because of his brute nature. 
People need his permission to enter his mind.
Emma Frost got the permission once at the beginning of the New Avengers and created a white room there. Later on when the Dark Avengers fought against the X-Men she needed the help of Xavier to even enter the white room again, where the Void attacked her and forced her to stay in her crystal form to avoid a takeover by the Void.
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just a note: 

Although it may look the same, Martian vision is not quite the same as heat vision lets say from Superman. It actually atomizes its target, in other words it will not just break molecules apart from one another it will break them down to there basic sub-atomic building blocks.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jashro44

@Enzeru said:

@PikminMania said:

He erased the memories of all people on the Earth including people like Emma Frost, Professor X, Dr. Doom, Thor, Dr. Strange (which would be Classic Strange) and so on, more then once. He was able to telepathically and empathically overpower Savage Hulk who was supposed to be immune to telepathy because of his brute nature. People need his permission to enter his mind. Emma Frost got the permission once at the beginning of the New Avengers and created a white room there. Later on when the Dark Avengers fought against the X-Men she needed the help of Xavier to even enter the white room again, where the Void attacked her and forced her to stay in her crystal form to avoid a takeover by the Void.

Didn't sentry come out in the early 2000's?

Enzeru--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Enzeru--defunct
@MrDirector786 said:

No, not really.
Sentry's strenght and speed scale with his mental stability. If he is stable or stressed, then he can tap into limitless amounts of strenght and speed. And in this fight he is stable.

When you saw him fighting against World War Hulk he was very unstable, therefore very weak and he was still kicking Hulk's butt. 
When you saw a Void-juiced Sentry overwhelming Thor easily he was going in the right direction of his strenght level. 

Sentry has lightspeed for sure and even more. 
During the Dark Avengers VS X-Men he flew off with lightspeed into the orbit, after he realized what he was doing. And that's not even his best speed feat.
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MrDirector786

@jashro44 said:

@Enzeru said:

@PikminMania said:

He erased the memories of all people on the Earth including people like Emma Frost, Professor X, Dr. Doom, Thor, Dr. Strange (which would be Classic Strange) and so on, more then once. He was able to telepathically and empathically overpower Savage Hulk who was supposed to be immune to telepathy because of his brute nature. People need his permission to enter his mind. Emma Frost got the permission once at the beginning of the New Avengers and created a white room there. Later on when the Dark Avengers fought against the X-Men she needed the help of Xavier to even enter the white room again, where the Void attacked her and forced her to stay in her crystal form to avoid a takeover by the Void.

Yeah, but he was introduced as a lost Silver Age character.

Enzeru--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Enzeru--defunct
@MrDirector786 said:

And he had adventures during the Golden Age. 
He is like the "first" superhero in Marvel after all. At least the first costumed fighter, who was fighting for justice.
Captain America was before him there, but Captain America was a soldier, fighting in the war, while the Sentry concentrated on protecting his city / the entire world.
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MrDirector786

@Enzeru said:

@MrDirector786 said:

No, not really. Sentry's strenght and speed scale with his mental stability. If he is stable or stressed, then he can tap into limitless amounts of strenght and speed. And in this fight he is stable. When you saw him fighting against World War Hulk he was very unstable, therefore very weak and he was still kicking Hulk's butt. When you saw a Void-juiced Sentry overwhelming Thor easily he was going in the right direction of his strenght level. Sentry has lightspeed for sure and even more. During the Dark Avengers VS X-Men he flew off with lightspeed into the orbit, after he realized what he was doing. And that's not even his best speed feat.

When did he easily overwhelm Thor? I've seen some scans of him giving Thor trouble but I've heard they were non-canon. However, I also remember Thor once literally took him out with one punch and it was canon.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jashro44

@MrDirector786 said:

@jashro44 said:

@Enzeru said:

@PikminMania said:

Well true but the term classic strange and classic thor usually applies to when the feat was performed (60's,70's,80's,and what ever other comic is really old) at least thats always what I thought people meant by classic strange and classic thor.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By slimj87d

@MrDirector786 said:

@jashro44 said:

@Enzeru said:

@PikminMania said:

That's a little sticky... It's more like a modern rectcon than it is considered a Silver Age.

Enzeru--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Enzeru--defunct
@MrDirector786 said:

When did he easily overwhelm Thor? I've seen some scans of him giving Thor trouble but I've heard they were non-canon. However, I also remember Thor once literally took him out with one punch and it was canon.

That was a What If? yeah, where they fought and even there Sentry was beating the crap out of him. Thor stated that he could be the best of them all and broke Sentry's neck.
In a different What If? Sentry easily cut off Thor's hammer wielding hand and killed him off.

During the Siege the Sentry (started being Void-juiced through Siege) bullrushed Thor from the place and faced him, but got BFR'd by a strike. I would say he simply got caught off guard, since it's often not hard to remove a character who weights around 180-200 pounds from the spot.
Later on where the Sentry faced him again he easily took Thor's blows and didn't care all too much about them. He was sheding Thor's blood with punches and when the Void finally started taking over he was holding Thor in his grip, where Thor lost even more blood - he was basically chanceless.
Voidsentry bullrushed through Asgard and brought the city down, while Thor could only whisper: "No".

So no, Martian Manhunter does not outclass Sentry in terms of strenght and probably also not in terms of speed.
jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jashro44

@MrDirector786 said:

@Enzeru said:

@MrDirector786 said:

No, not really. Sentry's strenght and speed scale with his mental stability. If he is stable or stressed, then he can tap into limitless amounts of strenght and speed. And in this fight he is stable. When you saw him fighting against World War Hulk he was very unstable, therefore very weak and he was still kicking Hulk's butt. When you saw a Void-juiced Sentry overwhelming Thor easily he was going in the right direction of his strenght level. Sentry has lightspeed for sure and even more. During the Dark Avengers VS X-Men he flew off with lightspeed into the orbit, after he realized what he was doing. And that's not even his best speed feat.

The 1 punch thing was from siege and he was fine. He just got BFR'd I believe. It was in Jenkins run the void came and attacked the heros of marvel and pretty well was soloing everyone until the sentry stopped him I believe. I am not 100% on this but I believe the void and sentry were equal when Jenkins was writing. However Bendis made several retcons to the character also and seemingly depowered sentry.

Edit: When I say pretty well soloing everyone I mean he was fighting everyone and doing quite well. He wasn't stomping everyone or anything.

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PikminMania

@Enzeru said:

@PikminMania said:

...I hate Sentry

Enzeru--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Enzeru--defunct
@jashro44 said:

The 1 punch thing was from siege and he was fine. He just got BFR'd I believe. It was in Jenkins run the void came and attacked the heros of marvel and pretty well was soloing everyone until the sentry stopped him I believe. I am not 100% on this but I believe the void and sentry were equal when Jenkins was writing. However Bendis made several retcons to the character also and seemingly depowered sentry.

He never depowered  the Sentry and that's what most of the readers fail to realize.
He simply made Sentry's mental issues more of a problem. 

If Sentry has to deal with mental issues, he loses the control over his powers and they even start sinking (his fight against World War Hulk was the perfect example).
Then the Void starts taking over.

Back then when Jenkins was writing the Sentry - the Sentry and the Void were two separate entities and the Sentry was so over the top - so stable, that the Void didn't have a chance to take over, so he got fabricated as an own entity.
Later on when the Sentry started losing the control he was often not a huge threat and the Void had an easy game. He simply started taking over Sentry's body. 

It's the reason why during Sentry's beginning the Void had an own body and later on Sentry changed into the Void, when he lost control.
And it's the reason why his wife was so scared of him and even tried to kill him, since I can imagine the Sentry sometimes simply standing there and looking at her with deep black eyes. 

@PikminMania said:

...I hate Sentry

But you love me and that's what makes your life so interesting.
You should write a book about it. Name it "Enzeru - The Angel of Darkness"
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Enzeru said:
In a different What If? Sentry easily cut off Thor's hammer wielding hand and killed him off. 
It was canon, since this was what will happen on Earth according to Uatu (he was talking about it with Atau, thier Watcher). It was probably first time, when What If? was clearley a part of something that is considered a canon. 
But again - it was Void, not Sentry. 

Void has much better feats than Sentry, but it isn't suprising because since he acknowledged that what he is doing is molecular manipulation, he always using it to boost his own stats (there is always this black power around him). 
Besides, Void one-shotted whole Avengers team:
Void one-shooting Avengers - including Thor
Void one-shooting Avengers - including Thor
Void's energy is going through Thor's body and Cap's shields
Void's energy is going through Thor's body and Cap's shields
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By czarny_samael666
@jashro44 said:

@MrDirector786 said:

@Enzeru said:

@MrDirector786 said:

Edit: When I say pretty well soloing everyone I mean he was fighting everyone and doing quite well. He wasn't stomping everyone or anything.

Slott pretty much de-rectonned it in one comic in which he has shown that in whole time Sentry with long hair had Void and Sentry inside him. Both were looking like in old days. Which means that if we want to use Sentry after Secret Invasion - we're using Sentry with all Void's and Sentry's powers. 
But I belive it wasn't a point of first round.
jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jashro44

@Enzeru: The point is he their is a power difference between Jenkins sentry and bendis sentry and it showed. Regardless of the the reason he seemed to have gotten weaker even if it was only because Bendis decided to make the thing that powers sentry less stable.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#25  Edited By ReVamp
@god_spawn said:

Win.
jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jashro44

@czarny_samael666:Really?

Enzeru--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Enzeru--defunct
@czarny_samael666 said:
It was canon, since this was what will happen on Earth according to Uatu (he was talking about it with Atau, thier Watcher). It was probably first time, when What If? was clearley a part of something that is considered a canon. 
But again - it was Void, not Sentry. 

I was never thinking someone could consider Marvel What If? #200 as canon, because that was the pure overkill.
But yeah, I get where you're coming from and I agree completely, since it really makes sense. 

And I personally would say that a stable Sentry and the Void are equals in power. We would have long debates about that one, since I could show you more then often that the Sentry was always the only one who was able to go toe on toe with the Void, but you could counter it easily with the screenshots where the Void kisses the Sentry and says to him that he loves him. 

And about the matter manipulation.
We should both agree that Sentry has also matter manipulative powers. He just wasn't using them so offensivly, because he didn't want the people to think about him as a God. He didn't want to take the responsibility on such a high scale.
He still had his matter manipulation moments and there were many. 

One thing more I would like to say.
In his second mini the Hulk confronted the Void and got nearly all of his bones broken. The Void would have been able to easily kill him off - at least I would say so (but the Void was pretty much over the top in that moment, since it was in the Negative Zone).
In his first mini though Sentry knew that the Void was coming and he protected the Hulk with his golden essence which protected the Hulk from the Void and saved his life.

So yeah, the Sentry = Void in my opinion.

@jashro44 said:

@Enzeru: The point is he their is a power difference between Jenkins sentry and bendis sentry and it showed. Regardless of the the reason he seemed to have gotten weaker even if it was only because Bendis decided to make the thing that powers sentry less stable.

That's the mistake in your logic. 

Jenkins Sentry = stable, super powerful and not letting the Void take over
Bendis Sentry = unstable, can't control his powers and the Void has an easy game 

In both scenarios Martian Manhunter has a huge problem.
VS the Jenkins Sentry he has major problems, since that Sentry is over the top.
VS the Bendis Sentry he starts beating the crap out of the Sentry, who is too unstable to tap into his real powers. He starts doubting, the Void takes over and finishes off MM.

If someone creates a thread and has Sentry in the fight - and says that he does not have the Void. That automatically means that the Void can't take over, since Sentry is not letting him. And that Sentry is more then capable of doing everything the Void could do.
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By czarny_samael666
@jashro44 said:

@czarny_samael666:Really?

In Mighty Avengers issue, in which Absorbing Man had Cosmic Cube, Sentry attacked him. Creel used his reality warping to "split Sentry in half" in some way (not literally of course). Two people came from him: masked Sentry with short hair and black Void with his hat and everything. 
This Sentry, Sentry after SI, is Sentry with powers of both. 
You should read it by Yourself, since it is much more clear when You see it in front of You. 
Sentry is complicated ;)
And acctually, Slott with one comic made much more sense then Bendis with all his comics about Sentry. 
But I belive that OP in first round was about this masked Sentry without Void's powers.
jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jashro44

@Enzeru: I see your point...

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Enzeru said:
And about the matter manipulation.
We should both agree that Sentry has also matter manipulative powers. He just wasn't using them so offensivly, because he didn't want the people to think about him as a God. He didn't want to take the responsibility on such a high scale.
He still had his matter manipulation moments and there were many. 

One thing more I would like to say.
In his second mini the Hulk confronted the Void and got nearly all of his bones broken. The Void would have been able to easily kill him off - at least I would say so (but the Void was pretty much over the top in that moment, since it was in the Negative Zone).
In his first mini though Sentry knew that the Void was coming and he protected the Hulk with his golden essence which protected the Hulk from the Void and saved his life.

So yeah, the Sentry = Void in my opinion.

@jashro44 said:

That's the mistake in your logic.  Jenkins Sentry = stable, super powerful and not letting the Void take over Bendis Sentry = unstable, can't control his powers and the Void has an easy game   In both scenarios Martian Manhunter has a huge problem. VS the Jenkins Sentry he has major problems, since that Sentry is over the top. VS the Bendis Sentry he starts beating the crap out of the Sentry, who is too unstable to tap into his real powers. He starts doubting, the Void takes over and finishes off MM.  If someone creates a thread and has Sentry in the fight - and says that he does not have the Void. That automatically means that the Void can't take over, since Sentry is not letting him. And that Sentry is more then capable of doing everything the Void could do.
0.In battle forums I go only by feats. Only what happened matters - just to be clear, that assumptions won't change my mind (I belive that they also won't change other people minds)
1.Matter manipulation.
Exaclty, Sentry never used it offensively. Sentry nor Void evre knew that they could use mm. Void - after his fight with MM - understood that. Sentry didn't, or at least he was to affraid to try. The same with telepathy. What does it mean in battle forum? That matter manipulation would work on them, but Void would reform, while Sentry wouldn't (he never shown us that he can) and that they can't use TP in offensive way, but if someone will attack them - loses if isn't above both: Prof X and Emma combined. I would say that Surfer (thanks to orgin of his powers) and X-Man are, so they wouldn't lose in such a battle. 
2.Normal Hulk isn't as strong as Martian.
3.Sentry without any part of Void in himself, still can't use TP nor mm offensively, so if Martian would try to fight physiacally - he would win it. Martian has close to planet level strength and close to speed of light (in fight, travel speed completly doesn't matter) reaction speed (close to nanosecond reaction speed). Sentry is stronger than Hulk, but not than WWHulk or Thor (unless You can post scans that says something opposite). His best feats also says that he has microsecond reaction speed at best.
It means that he will lose battle like that. Also Martian is high level shapeshifter and can be intangible, which gives him win here for sure.
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn said:

Insightful.
Enzeru--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Enzeru--defunct
@czarny_samael666 said:
0. In battle forums I go only by feats. Only what happened matters - just to be clear, that assumptions won't change my mind (I belive that they also won't change other people minds)

Opinions, opinions.
I always thought it would be clear that the Sentry and the Void are equals in power. Or that the Sentry is even stronger judging by their earlier fights. Sentry always had the upper hand, until he started losing control, which turned into a different story, since then they were basically not fighting against each other anymore - the Void was actually helping the Sentry out.

1. Matter manipulation. Exaclty, Sentry never used it offensively. Sentry nor Void evre knew that they could use mm. Void - after his fight with MM - understood that. Sentry didn't, or at least he was to affraid to try. The same with telepathy. What does it mean in battle forum? That matter manipulation would work on them, but Void would reform, while Sentry wouldn't (he never shown us that he can) and that they can't use TP in offensive way, but if someone will attack them - loses if isn't above both: Prof X and Emma combined. I would say that Surfer (thanks to orgin of his powers) and X-Man are, so they wouldn't lose in such a battle.  

Sentry using his healing powers ... I consider that as matter manipulation. He was also re-changing things on a pretty interesting scale.
Even though he maybe didn't know it was matter manipulation (which I doubt, when I consider that the Sentry is supposed to be a genius), he still knew what he was doing. He simply didn't want to do it and he stated it in his second mini.

And both Sentry and the Void used their telepathy offensivly.
Erasing the minds of all people on the Earth, including powerful telepaths and people like Thor and Strange ...
Mindraping the Savage Hulk as the Void, or calming him down as the Sentry ... also empathy / telepathy ...
And the Sentry mindraped the Super Adaptoid horribly.
He also insert his memories into the mind of a comic book writer, who was then writing comic books about the Sentry. (The interesting thing is that Reed then was reading these comic books to his son, which could consider The Age Of Sentry also as canon).

2. Normal Hulk isn't as strong as Martian. 

As I mentioned it before. It was an unstable Sentry who went toe on toe with World War Hulk and had the upper hand. No matter how much PIS there was during the entire World War Hulk arc he was still pretty damn powerful. In a matter of fact ... During the fight an unstable Sentry was releasing passivly probably the same amount of energy which Hulk was releasing when he became the World Breaker Hulk after their fight.
However... A stable Sentry was easily tanking Savage Hulk's blows and then overpowered him telepathically, and probably also would have been able to go toe on toe more then well with Thor. 
Norman Hulk isn't as strong as the Sentry.

3. Sentry without any part of Void in himself, still can't use TP nor MM offensively, so if Martian would try to fight physiacally - he would win it. Martian has close to planet level strength and close to speed of light (in fight, travel speed completly doesn't matter) reaction speed (close to nanosecond reaction speed). Sentry is stronger than Hulk, but not than WWHulk or Thor (unless You can post scans that says something opposite). His best feats also says that he has microsecond reaction speed at best. It means that he will lose battle like that. Also Martian is high level shapeshifter and can be intangible, which gives him win here for sure. 

You know my opinion about the strenght part from above. And it's not only an opinion, it's actually a fact, since you also know that Sentry's powerlevel varies with his mental stability.
Before he entered the fight against World War Hulk he stayed for over 3 days in his house, not able to leave it because of his agoraphobia. Finally in the end when the Hulk decided to kill the heroes in the arena and the Sentry heard it he speeded to the fight scene and attacked the Hulk.

As I also mentioned it above ... The Sentry used his telepathic abilities offensivly. That's a fact and it's also a fact that Professor X and Emma Frost were not able to enter Sentry's mind without his permission. Emma built a White Room and tried to enter it once again later on, but even then she was unable to do it and needed Xaviers help to do so. 
That gives the Sentry an immunity or maybe even only a very high amount of telepathic resistance and he still has his physical abilities. It would be debate if the Sentry could attack MM with his telepathy / empathy or not. 

Sentry proved that he is a lot faster then the speed of light. 
It was stated by a comic book writer and he also had more then one moment where the panels and the text during the process signalized his speed. 
He does not only have an immense flying ability, but can also move on a very high rate, where he seems to be everywhere, because he is that fast. 
Don't reduce his speed to his fight against World War Hulk. It was clearly Hulk's book and he was supposed to win, so Sentry was never allowed to use his speed in the first place. 
Besides that - as mentioned above - Sentry was unstable. A stable Sentry has limitless power. 

PS: These are not assumptions, but facts.
Hermoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Hermoor

Martian stomps

super_psycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By super_psycho

@god_spawn said:

NO... Helicarrier>>>>>>>>>universe :P

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@super_psycho said:

@god_spawn said:

....Good point, we know what's in a universe just a bunch of planets and gas and stuff but we don't know what was in that helicarrier...It could have been two universes in there O_O.

super_psycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By super_psycho

@god_spawn said:

@super_psycho said:

@god_spawn said:

....Good point, we know what's in a universe just a bunch of planets and gas and stuff but we don't know what was in that helicarrier...It could have been two universes in there O_O.

All hail Helicarrier

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@super_psycho: Helicarrier = Sentry's kryptonite.

super_psycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By super_psycho

@god_spawn: Doesn't matter .. it weighs more than 1000000000000 planets.

Avatar image for high_revolutionary
High Revolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sentry

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Enzeru :
0.I hope You didn't feel offended.
1.Still, not offensivelly or on purpouse against any enemy.  And can You show me Sentry mind raping Super Adaptoid? Because to use TP offensively against whole Earth he needed Richards' machine.
2.Fight isn't a contest of strength. Thor fought with many opponents, but it doesn't mean that they are close in strength to him. Thor had contest of strength with Hercules (equals). Wonder Man had one with Thing (stomp in Wonder Man's favor), Superman had one with Cap Marvel (equals), but Sentry didn't have such a contest with WWHulk (and Sentry should have won this battle by his speed alone).  I know that normal Hulk isn't as strong as Sentry.
3.Sorry, but I need scans. And not travel speed of course.
Enzeru--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Enzeru--defunct
@czarny_samael666 said:

0. I hope You didn't feel offended. 

Why? Because I would rather have sex with the Sentry then with my girlfriend?
No everything is cool. I just like argueing for the Sentry, because I spent a lot of time reading the comics with his appearances and studied them a lot.

I'm also currently working on a huge Sentry respect thread in the Sentry-forum. Check it out when you have time. It's still not nearly finished though.

1. Still, not offensivelly or on purpouse against any enemy.  And can You show me Sentry mind raping Super Adaptoid? Because to use TP offensively against whole Earth he needed Richards' machine. 

I will show you the scans in a second, but let me just correct you in the terms of the mind-erasing.
In the beginning Sentry needed the help of Richards and Strange for the mind erasing. But not for just erasing their minds. He also had to remove everything which was ever hinting his existance out (I hope that sentence is understandable. English is not my native language, so ...)
Later on Sentry used his telepathy to erase the minds of the people again. That's what he did - He erased their memories, but the hints stayed. Comics, toys and so on. That's how the Avengers were able to find Sentry later on, since they were able to track him down with the comics.
So he was not able to let the people ignore physical evidences of his existence, but they didn't remember about him anymore. 
And now the scans where he mindrapes the Super Adaptoid who absorbed his and the Avengers powers before ... 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
2. Fight isn't a contest of strength. Thor fought with many opponents, but it doesn't mean that they are close in strength to him. Thor had contest of strength with Hercules (equals). Wonder Man had one with Thing (stomp in Wonder Man's favor), Superman had one with Cap Marvel (equals), but Sentry didn't have such a contest with WWHulk (and Sentry should have won this battle by his speed alone).  I know that normal Hulk isn't as strong as Sentry.  

Thor did well against Hercules and Hercules did well against Thor, yeah.
Wonder Man should be about 20-30 tons stronger then the Thing. At least 20-30 tons. So yeah, he won.
Superman and Captain Marvel should also be equals.

Sentry had far more ways to defeat the Hulk, but he was never inteded to defeat him. Hulk was the winner from the beginning and they even had to depower the Sentry for that fight so that the Hulk would be able to compete. I can gladly post the scans, if you want.
Sentry could have used his speed do speedblitz the crap out of the Hulk, since the Hulk can't compete with someone who can travel as fast as the light.
He could have absorbed the gamma radiation out of Hulk's body, since it was stated that Sentry can absorb many different kinds of energy and radiation.
He could have used his telepathy to calm him down, the way he did it in the past. Or he could have simply BFR'd him into the space and left him hover there for months.

Sentry was unstable during his match against WW Hulk and he still had the upper hand in the fight.
A stable Sentry has limitless strenght and limitless speed.
That was pretty much shown during the Siege where he was Void'ed out and manhandled Thor pretty big time. You saw it. If someone holds Thor tight in the grip and doesn't let him escape, then he is physically superior.

Rescues falling people with superspeed and appears to be everywhere - after it he repairs the falling tower while finishing his sentence   
Rescues falling people with superspeed and appears to be everywhere - after it he repairs the falling tower while finishing his sentence  

Continues the repair and appears again everywhere - Take a look at all the actions he is doing. Everything needs a stop and the new start off, which takes an awesome amount of speed - it's not about the flying speed, since he is doing a lot more - and that could also be brought into a fight. Hitting someone thousand times in seconds can do a lot of damage especially if you're as strong as he is ...
 Continues the repair and appears again everywhere - Take a look at all the actions he is doing. Everything needs a stop and the new start off, which takes an awesome amount of speed - it's not about the flying speed, since he is doing a lot more - and that could also be brought into a fight. Hitting someone thousand times in seconds can do a lot of damage especially if you're as strong as he is ...

In this scan you can see him before he entered the fight against the World War Hulk. He was staying for 29 hours in his doorway, unable to leave his house because of his agoraphobia ... In the end he still had to enter the fight, otherwise the Hulk would have killed the Avengers and the Fantastic Four ... His own personal strenght and energy level was very low during that fight, because of his phobias / mental instability ...  The same goes for his fight against the Collective - the guy who had the powers of 50 mutants and easily overpowered Binary, killed Alpha Flight, toyed around with the Avengers. Sentry was in a weak mental state and still managed to stalemate him... and when his powerlevel is high, something like this happens, where he overpowers Thor. 
In this scan you can see him before he entered the fight against the World War Hulk. He was staying for 29 hours in his doorway, unable to leave his house because of his agoraphobia ... In the end he still had to enter the fight, otherwise the Hulk would have killed the Avengers and the Fantastic Four ... His own personal strenght and energy level was very low during that fight, because of his phobias / mental instability ...  The same goes for his fight against the Collective - the guy who had the powers of 50 mutants and easily overpowered Binary, killed Alpha Flight, toyed around with the Avengers. Sentry was in a weak mental state and still managed to stalemate him... and when his powerlevel is high, something like this happens, where he overpowers Thor. 

Holds pretty well against Thor ...
Holds pretty well against Thor ...

Sheds his blod with mere punches ...
  Sheds his blod with mere punches ...

Holds him tight in his grip and sheds even more blood - the look on Thor's face is speaking for itself ...  He has to be Voided-out or stable. If he is, then there is no stopping, since he has limitless amounts of power ...   
Holds him tight in his grip and sheds even more blood - the look on Thor's face is speaking for itself ...  He has to be Voided-out or stable. If he is, then there is no stopping, since he has limitless amounts of power ...  

Yellow marked ...   
Yellow marked ...  

Red marked ...
Red marked ...
3.Sorry, but I need scans. And not travel speed of course. 

Hope I could help you out!
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By vuviper

@TheFallenOne said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

1.If MM will use TP - he will end like Emma. If no - he wins, he is stronger and faster.2.As above, but here Void's mm will give him win for sure.

Sentry is way faster he is FTL. Martian isn't even relativistic. His best feat was flying around the world in dozens of seconds. Well technicly Sentry doesn;t have the strength feats to rival MM but with his energy output he can bust a planets.

Martian is FTL, he's flew D'kay to the Sun from Mars in a fight (which would take light 12.5 minutes).

The feat you're talking about is his best combat speed. because he destroys those 7 facilities and blitzes a couple martians while flying around the world. He's likely to be capable of very high combat speed since Zum, a white martian ,did all of this while fighting the Flash at roughly 1/2-1/3 lightspeed (running at that speed which requires that his arms and legs also can move that fast, since the average sprinting stride is 2.5m, running at 1/3 lightspeed would require 40 million strides per second).

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for higher_evolutionary
higher_evolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vuviper said:

@TheFallenOne said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

1.If MM will use TP - he will end like Emma. If no - he wins, he is stronger and faster.2.As above, but here Void's mm will give him win for sure.

Sentry is way faster he is FTL. Martian isn't even relativistic. His best feat was flying around the world in dozens of seconds. Well technicly Sentry doesn;t have the strength feats to rival MM but with his energy output he can bust a planets.

Martian is FTL, he's flew D'kay to the Sun from Mars in a fight (which would take light 12.5 minutes).

The feat you're talking about is his best combat speed. because he destroys those 7 facilities and blitzes a couple martians while flying around the world. He's likely to be capable of very high combat speed since Zum, a white martian ,did all of this while fighting the Flash at roughly 1/2-1/3 lightspeed (running at that speed which requires that his arms and legs also can move that fast, since the average sprinting stride is 2.5m, running at 1/3 lightspeed would require 40 million strides per second).

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
um and superman and GL can reach oa the centre of the universe in a few hours
writers ignore stuff like that
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By vuviper

@higher_evolutionary: um and superman and GL can reach oa the centre of the universe in a few hours

OK

Speculation? Your opinion? You can't just claim this without evidence. Obviously this is not always the case, since they often specify FTL speed or a specific timeframe for some of these. That's like saying all the Marvel characters have roughly 100 ton strength and any feats that show otherwise are examples of writers ignoring stuff like that

higher_evolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vuviper said:

@higher_evolutionary: um and superman and GL can reach oa the centre of the universe in a few hours

OK

Speculation? Your opinion? You can't just claim this without evidence. Obviously this is not always the case, since they often specify FTL speed or a specific timeframe for some of these. That's like saying all the Marvel characters have roughly 100 ton strength and any feats that show otherwise are examples of writers ignoring stuff like that

to be fair the distance between galaxies is about 2.5 million light years and imagine how many galaxies they need to cross
that would make them millions and millions of times faster a lightyear lol, you get my point?
just like people think that superman, MM and WW can fight at light speed , ignoring that those are travel speeds
another thing isnt martian vulnerable to sun like fire, not normal fire
how is he immune i heard it isnt a weakness yet he was killed by it in FC
Nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#47  Edited By Nefarious

1. MM. 
2. Sentry.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#48  Edited By Saren

1. J'onn. Mindrape. Or Punching.

2. Fernus overkill. Regular J'onn can use his TP on Mageddon, which is >>Void. Fernus is an even better telepath than J'onn is. Fernus can't kill Sentry but he'lll eventually realize that and wipe Sentry's mind to reduce him to a catatonic state.

Avatar image for blacklightning13
Blacklightning13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#49  Edited By Blacklightning13

round 1: MM

With his invisibility, intangibility, speed and mental cloak he could manage to avoid him while he flys around like a mad man. Then he can hit him with bursts of martian vision and the odd punch until he finds openings and hits him with everything while he is trying to find him then if the tides turn against him he could take the form of someone important from his past and hurt him mentally. He could continue on like this until he is very badly hurt then hits him with invisibility (so doesn't no which direction the punches are coming from, phased punches (punching the inside of him such as punching his heart or any organ), normal punches, martian vision and mental attacks. until he is wrecked either/both mentally and physically

round 2: I don't know.

higher_evolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CitizenBane said:

1. J'onn. Mindrape. Or Punching.

2. Fernus overkill. Regular J'onn can use his TP on Mageddon, which is >>Void. Fernus is an even better telepath than J'onn is. Fernus can't kill Sentry but he'lll eventually realize that and wipe Sentry's mind to reduce him to a catatonic state.

sentry can mind rape him as well, or could use his matter manipulation power to atomize him or turn him into a carrot and eat him:P