xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By xxxddd

@dondave:

1. Do you know how to post character links?

2. Please research characters becfore you make battles, because Jonn stomps here with ease.

3. In the future, make battles like this( goherefor more info):

Martian Manhunter vs Quasar

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Both Morals On(In character)
  • Win by any means(except bfr)
  • Jonn is pre 52
  • City is uninhabited
Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Veitha

Quasar takes this. He's got telepathic defenses and he's strong enough to beat MM

matmatxm8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By matmatxm8

@Veitha said:

Quasar takes this. He's got telepathic defenses and he's strong enough to beat MM

Martian Manhunter has the Strength too, he can hurt superman and his healing factor is much better than deadpool

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By termiteone4ever

Martian got this no Arguments needed on my part .

Quasar cant even capture him

mrtrickster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By mrtrickster
Phasing. Hand through the brain/heart.

J'onn easily.
Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Bo88gdan

Quasar wins

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Veitha

@matmatxm8 said:

@Veitha said:

Martian Manhunter has the Strength too, he can hurt superman and his healing factor is much better than deadpool

Quasar has got teleportation, vastly energy manipulation powers and his constructs don't need him to focus on them to be kept together. He can win this.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KnightRise

@Veitha: How strong is his TP resistance? Scans?

mrtrickster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mrtrickster
@Veitha said:

@matmatxm8 said:

@Veitha said:

Quasar has got teleportation, vastly energy manipulation powers and his constructs don't need him to focus on them to be kept together. He can win this.

what's quasar's answer to intangibility and phasing
matmatxm8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By matmatxm8

@Veitha said:

@matmatxm8 said:

@Veitha said:

hahaha, Quasar's original power is not teleport, it's his equipment,

so you want teleport involved fight? FINE

Quasar is using "quantum band" to teleport

Martian Manhunter is using "boom tubes" to teleport

mrtrickster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mrtrickster
@matmatxm8: quasar should have q-band here or else the fight would be pointless
Lots_Of_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lots_Of_Love

@Veitha: Jonn's bonded minds with a reality warper who could destroy planets by becoming upset, his TP is no joke

Avatar image for the_incredible_huck
The Incredible Huck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Close fight. I think it all comes down to Quasar's TP defence. I dont think MMs strength is going to hurt him much considering some of the damage Quasar has tanked in the past (Maelstrom, Thanos, Cancerverse, Magus etc) and Quasar can travel lightspeed and quantum jump (teleport) so he is not going to get blitzed. MM is a powerhouse too though, and I'm not sure how much damage Quasar's constructs could do to him... I'm going to go MM 6/10 for the majority win based on his TP.

matmatxm8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By matmatxm8

@mrtrickster:

then J'onn should be using "boom tubes" so it would be teleport guy 1 VS teleport guy 2

mrtrickster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mrtrickster
@matmatxm8 said:

@mrtrickster:

then J'onn should be using "boom tubes" so it would be teleport guy 1 VS teleport guy 2

boom tubes aren't mm's standard equipment though, not that it's even needed here
Lots_Of_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lots_Of_Love

@The Incredible Huck: Jonn's Martain Vision can help it did hurt the Ray while in his energy form

mrtrickster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mrtrickster
@The Incredible Huck said:
Close fight. I think it all comes down to Quasar's TP defence. I dont think MMs strength is going to hurt him much considering some of the damage Quasar has tanked in the past (Maelstrom, Thanos, Cancerverse, Magus etc) and Quasar can travel lightspeed and quantum jump (teleport) so he is not going to get blitzed. MM is a powerhouse too though, and I'm not sure how much damage Quasar's constructs could do to him... I'm going to go MM 6/10 for the majority win based on his TP.
about the lightspeed, quasar doesn't really have lightspeed reflection, travel speed is pretty useless in these fights.
there're multiple ways for mm to hurt him, like phasing hand through brain or heart
matmatxm8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By matmatxm8

@mrtrickster said:

@matmatxm8 said:

@mrtrickster:

boom tubes aren't mm's standard equipment though, not that it's even needed here

Ok fine, but MM would still win here, his healing factor is insane

Lots_Of_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Lots_Of_Love

I'm gonna say MM in a tough fight. Jonn could probably phase out of his constructs like he's done to Hal, his martian vision is very powerful capable of hurting energy beings and his telepathy has worked on superior beings than Quasar.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Simon_the_digger

@mrtrickster said:

Phasing. Hand through the brain/heart.

J'onn easily.
The_Roman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The_Roman

Martian Manslaughter.

DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DocFatalis

Due to Quasar's lack of experience, I'll go with the MM.

Someone apt to utilize the quantum bands at full potential could probably just incinerate J'on. I freaking hate this idea because the MM is probably the best member the JLA ever had and will ever have.

thestarguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By thestarguy

@KnightRise said:

Quasar is basically fully shielded against Telepaths. In Quasar #26 he is with MoonDragon, and even she states that her powers don't affect him, and she once mentally controlled an entire Planet, along with Thor. MM's telepathy isn't that good, so no help there. Also I don't think J'ohnn phases through energy shields, either.

Lots_Of_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Lots_Of_Love

@thestarguy: You need to do some research on Jonn's TP he has telepathically affected beings the likes of the Spectre and the god Vishnu, and yes he has phased through energy constructs like Hal Jordan's

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By Floopay

@KnightRise said:

He's immune. His Quantum Bands do that for him.

Now to my argument:

Quasar could win this by dragging Manhunter into the Quantum Zone, which is the end of Manhunter. Though I doubt this'll be his first defense.

Quasar has some pretty powerful Light Constructs, on par with most Green Lanterns I would say

Overpowering Thor briefly (Thor destroys these or something in the next page, been awhile since I've read the issue, but I remember he only overwhelms him for one page)

Quasar also has nanosecond+ reaction times, so Manhunter can't blitz.

There's another showing of him perceiving something moving at light speed, from Star Masters I believe.

His shields tanks shots from a full Avengers Roster (Including: Hercules, She-Hulk, Hulk, Thor, Wonder Man, Colossus, Human Torch, Jean Grey, and more than a few others)

Overall

• Manhunter has Quasar beat in strength, there's no doubt in that. He also has intangibility that'll be very helpful.
  • Manhunter also can shapeshift, making him hard to target or trap.
  • Manhunter has a raw durability advantage, and his extended durability granted through intangibility and shapeshifting.
  • Quasar has less raw druability, but his extended durability is greater than Manhunters...
  • Quasar has potent energy blasts, and probably the most versatility in his powers. He has inter-dimensional travel, automatic defenses (his shields can be automatic in certain circumstances), he has energy absorption, he has light constructs, energy projection, limited cosmic awareness, etc.

At the end of the day, a very even battle. However, I always like to side with versatility in the case of a close battle, so to me Quasar has this.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Lots_Of_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Lots_Of_Love

@Floopay: I would say highly resistant but not immune to telepathy, I agree that his energy construct will be a problem but MM's intangibility will be a good defense to the constructs and Martian Vision is dangerous

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By KnightRise

@Floopay: The nerve of people that say MM is overpowered :)

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Floopay

@SHARKBEARAGATOR:

If Martian Vision is any form of energy then it'll literally be less than useless against Quasar. I don't think he's every been affected by telepathy.

@KnightRise:

Again, Quasar is probably a good match for him, but I go with Quasar off durability.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Lots_Of_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Lots_Of_Love

@Floopay: You are correct on the Martain Vision so it would be best if Jonn strayed away from using that, but on the subject of Telepathy just because he has never been affected doesn't mean he is immune. Question how would Quasar fare on the Astral Plane?

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Floopay

@SHARKBEARAGATOR said:

@Floopay: You are correct on the Martain Vision so it would be best if Jonn strayed away from using that, but on the subject of Telepathy just because he has never been affected doesn't mean he is immune. Question how would Quasar fare on the Astral Plane?

Not 100% on that. I think he would function well, he isn't exactly a stranger to interdimensional travel, and he's been across different universes. Though I suppose he could just as easily drag Manhunter into the Quantum Zone, where I know Manhunter would be screwed.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Lots_Of_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Lots_Of_Love

@Floopay: This is a really close battle if Quasar does put MM in the Quantum Zone I agree its over but considering Jonn's intangibility the energy constructs and blast may not do much as he has phased through them before

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Floopay

@SHARKBEARAGATOR said:

@Floopay: This is a really close battle if Quasar does put MM in the Quantum Zone I agree its over but considering Jonn's intangibility the energy constructs and blast may not do much as he has phased through them before

That's true, and I don't think he'll go Quantum Zone on him, as he doesn't do it often, maybe if he gets overwhelmed, but I still don't see it as a first, or even second resort tactic. However, he can generate extreme amounts of heat, and as I recall, that's something Manhunter doesn't do well against.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By dondave

@Floopay: its actually psychic fire and not heat

Lots_Of_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Lots_Of_Love

@Floopay: His weakness is actually just a psychological weakness implanted in his minds by the Guardians of Oa since fire martians were really powerful and destructive not 100% sure if it is the heat, but I've heard he's gotten over it and is now only psychic or mystical flames that trigger his mental fear.

Lots_Of_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Lots_Of_Love

@Floopay: I also believe that MM has used psionic blast before considering how well the Quantum Bands react to those it could give Jonn the edge

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Floopay

@dondave said:

@Floopay: its actually psychic fire and not heat

@SHARKBEARAGATOR said:

@Floopay: His weakness is actually just a psychological weakness implanted in his minds by the Guardians of Oa since fire martians were really powerful and destructive not 100% sure if it is the heat, but I've heard he's gotten over it and is now only psychic or mystical flames that trigger his mental fear.

Ah, Quasar doesn't have that.

Again, I still think these two are pretty evenly matched. And by that I am saying that I really do believe this is a 5/10 either direction. I only give the edge to Quasar because of versatility. Intangibility is a problem, as is MM's strength, but at the same time Quasar's constructs,shields, automated defenses, and cosmic awareness are going to be a problem.

I mean I think these two are so close and have so many equal advantages and disadvantages against one another that I believe if they both have knowledge on each other, or both have no knowledge on each other, it wouldn't change my perception of the outcome. This is as close to a 5/10 as I can think of. Personally backing up Quasar, but again, that's because of versatility, and I will admit, I am slightly biased towards him.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Lots_Of_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Lots_Of_Love

@Floopay: I agree, I'm a little bias my self always been an MM fanboy but they are pretty equal and a lot of their moves cancel the others out its a pretty indecisive battle and a really close fight.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Floopay

@SHARKBEARAGATOR said:

@Floopay: I also believe that MM has used psionic blast before considering how well the Quantum Bands react to those it could give Jonn the edge

I happen to know that that is something Quasar doesn't have a defense against, his bands only block out telepathic attacks, not psionic attacks. But again, John still has to deal with Quasar's energy blasts, and his energy absorption, along with his constructs and shields. I mean he can go intangible, but how long can he really stay there, Quasar can go into his own energy form as I recall. Seeing as he is technically a being composed of Quantum energy.

Again, he can create a shield over and around Martian Manhunter and contain him, it's not uncommon for him to do so.

This is a close battle, these two have almost a perfect powerset to fight each other, it'd be an awesome read.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Gritterr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Gritterr

Stalemate

Lots_Of_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Lots_Of_Love

@Floopay: I don't think it has ever been specified how long he can stay intangible but I'm sure he can phase out of the constructs like he has before, even if he can't he has tanked attacks from Superman,Flash,Kyle Rayner,Billy Batson,Triumph,Orion,Barda,Wonder Woman while also being able to man handle or equally challenge them not to mention his physical and telepathic victories over the White Martians who were kicking Superman Kyle and Wonder Woman's asses.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Floopay

@SHARKBEARAGATOR said:

@Floopay: I don't think it has ever been specified how long he can stay intangible but I'm sure he can phase out of the constructs like he has before, even if he can't he has tanked attacks from Superman,Flash,Kyle Rayner,Billy Batson,Triumph,Orion,Barda,Wonder Woman while also being able to man handle or equally challenge them not to mention his physical and telepathic victories over the White Martians who were kicking Superman Kyle and Wonder Woman's asses.

Telepathically I don't think Manhunter has any chance. Moondragon tried to get into Quasar's mind and said she couldn't get a read on him at all. Now MM might be a better telepath than Moondragon (I won't have that debate, because I only know her from the Thanos series and her few appearances in some other comics), but Moondragon is a planetary+ telepath, and her have zero effect on Quasar should prove that telepathy is not a viable option.

I think Quasar can more than defend himself against MM. His shields tanked a planet busting attack, the Avengers, an attack that threatened the lives of the Annihilators, a blow from Galactus (I gotta dig that up, that might be Nova I'm thinking of), and so many others. However, now that I think about it, in the Annihilators Quasar took energy/power from the entire Annihilators roster without their consent/knowledge in order to power up his shields. So that might be another means of him one upping Manhunter.

Again, we might just have to agree that we're both fanboys of our respective parties, and just say that this is a stalemate, but we both agree that our fanboyism requires us to support our character regardless of how even this match really is. :P

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Lots_Of_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Lots_Of_Love

@Floopay said:

@SHARKBEARAGATOR said:

Telepathically I don't think Manhunter has any chance. Moondragon tried to get into Quasar's mind and said she couldn't get a read on him at all. Now MM might be a better telepath than Moondragon (I won't have that debate, because I only know her from the Thanos series and her few appearances in some other comics), but Moondragon is a planetary+ telepath, and her have zero effect on Quasar should prove that telepathy is not a viable option.

I think Quasar can more than defend himself against MM. His shields tanked a planet busting attack, the Avengers, an attack that threatened the lives of the Annihilators, a blow from Galactus (I gotta dig that up, that might be Nova I'm thinking of), and so many others. However, now that I think about it, in the Annihilators Quasar took energy/power from the entire Annihilators roster without their consent/knowledge in order to power up his shields. So that might be another means of him one upping Manhunter.

Again, we might just have to agree that we're both fanboys of our respective parties, and just say that this is a stalemate, but we both agree that our fanboyism requires us to support our character regardless of how even this match really is. :P

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

MM has probed minds the likes of Spectre, Starbreaker and other high end reality warpers but you are correct it is all speculation to think that he can probe Quasar's mind. On the topic of shields it depends on how they fare against intangibility or we can fall back on Psionic blast. Also how do you think Wendell would over come MM's healing factor? He was able to regenerate from a smear while weakened.

thestarguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By thestarguy

@SHARKBEARAGATOR said:

@thestarguy: You need to do some research on Jonn's TP he has telepathically affected beings the likes of the Spectre and the god Vishnu, and yes he has phased through energy constructs like Hal Jordan's

I've done plenty of research on MM's power's, but this is about Quasar's quantum band abilities, not J'ohnns. He is Immune to telepathic attacks as that was an automatic defense that he programmed into the bands. And phasing thru Green Lantern constructs is not the same as phasing thru raw quantum energy constructs so the jury is still out on that also. Since he is also an energy absorber the Martian Vision's effectiveness as a weapon is also questionable. As a weapon, probably not, but as a tool to help J'ohnn determine Quasar's weaknesses it would probably be very effective. Against Quasar J'ohnn's best abilities are simply raw strength and shape changing. Given the number of offensive and defensive options both sides have, this would actually be a pretty good, fairly even battle.

Lots_Of_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Lots_Of_Love

@thestarguy: Me and Floopay have come to consensus after a long debate that is quite an even battle for either, to me it is quite indecisive considering all abilities. MM's healing factor, intangibility, shape-shifting and raw strength and Quasar's energy constructs and projection the debater in me feels its a stalemate the fanboy in me says MM 6/10. Its all rampant speculation on whether some of MM's certain powers will affect Wendell. So i settle stalemate.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By czarny_samael666

Hmmm... Hard fight. Telepathy is useless, but intangibility isn't. I belive that Quasar's shields can take all Martian's attack, but I don't see why they should be able to stop his intangibility. They aren't magical and Quasar can't drain Martian of any kind of energy. 
Martian for the win, but after hard battle.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Veitha

@Floopay said:

@KnightRise said:

He's immune. His Quantum Bands do that for him.

Now to my argument:

Quasar could win this by dragging Manhunter into the Quantum Zone, which is the end of Manhunter. Though I doubt this'll be his first defense.

Quasar has some pretty powerful Light Constructs, on par with most Green Lanterns I would say

Overpowering Thor briefly (Thor destroys these or something in the next page, been awhile since I've read the issue, but I remember he only overwhelms him for one page)

Quasar also has nanosecond+ reaction times, so Manhunter can't blitz.

There's another showing of him perceiving something moving at light speed, from Star Masters I believe.

His shields tanks shots from a full Avengers Roster (Including: Hercules, She-Hulk, Hulk, Thor, Wonder Man, Colossus, Human Torch, Jean Grey, and more than a few others)

Overall

• Manhunter has Quasar beat in strength, there's no doubt in that. He also has intangibility that'll be very helpful.
  • Manhunter also can shapeshift, making him hard to target or trap.
  • Manhunter has a raw durability advantage, and his extended durability granted through intangibility and shapeshifting.
  • Quasar has less raw druability, but his extended durability is greater than Manhunters...
  • Quasar has potent energy blasts, and probably the most versatility in his powers. He has inter-dimensional travel, automatic defenses (his shields can be automatic in certain circumstances), he has energy absorption, he has light constructs, energy projection, limited cosmic awareness, etc.

At the end of the day, a very even battle. However, I always like to side with versatility in the case of a close battle, so to me Quasar has this.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Floopay is right

Lots_Of_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Lots_Of_Love

@czarny_samael666: I agree.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#50  Edited By xxxddd

@SHARKBEARAGATOR: Wendell's bands are far more powerful than any GL Ring(since the bands aren't limited by willpower and don't need to be recharged).

Wendell can teleport J'onn to the phantom zone.....assuming J'onn doesn't use his plethora of abilties to take Wendell down first.