Team 1 no problem. Both could potentially solo actually :P
deathlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By deathlife

uuhhh...tough...but i would go with Team 1.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By MrDirector786

Thor and J'onn

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Theodore
@Jazzitup said:
" Team 1 no problem. Both could potentially solo actually :P "
I doubt Thor can solo both Sentry and PG
Jazzitup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jazzitup
@Theodore said:
" @Jazzitup said:
" Team 1 no problem. Both could potentially solo actually :P "
I doubt Thor can solo both Sentry and PG "

In the hands of a good debator, maybe.
neonheart098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By neonheart098

Hmm..tough one maybe team one 

vcreed2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vcreed2002

I feel team one would take this 10/10.  The only one with the chance of soloing would be MM.
Avatar image for scipioafricanus
ScipioAfricanus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ScipioAfricanus
@vcreed2002 said:
" I feel team one would take this 10/10.  The only one with the chance of soloing would be MM. "
Hoboseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hoboseid

Manhunter might be the toughest here and Thor can be a real powerful brick. Sentry without the Void power is just full of fail, he will lose most fights. Also worth mentioning Sentry has loads of phobias, mental issues that a powerful telepath like Manhunter could easily use to beat him. The only Sentry that's a threat is the Void version crack smoking Bendis wrote, and he had some ridiculous silver age style feats. Even as powerful as the crack smoking Bendis Sentry was Thor was still able to soak up some blows and go some rounds with him.
Powergirl is the weakest here, when it comes to a fight  she's just a lame version of Supergirl or Superman
Her biggest asset or asset(s)

She's got BIG *%#* 

!!!

Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Valtot

no Telepathy it said..... and sentry at full power is shown more powerful than current thor
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By czarny_samael666

Team 1, but I am not sure that Thor or Martian would be able to solo...

Let see...

Martian can go intangible, but this would be good only if he would want a stalemate... His shape-shifting should be more effective. But still, Sentry can destroy whole planets by his energy projection. When Power Girl will hold him, Sentry should be able to really hurt him by energy projection. So, no, MM without TP won't solo. Besides, Sentry showed that when he don't care about Void he is able to go into Xavier's mind witohut his permission. He also is able to hold Void and don't let him take control of his body if no one is helping Void (like Norman was) and Void stomped Emma Frost by TP, what would put Sentry in par with other telepaths. He never used it offensively, but he for sure can ressist even most powerfull telepaths and defeat them if they would try TP on him.

What with Thor? Thor can win it by BFR easily. 
Can he do it without it?
I think that he has a chance. He showed speed reaction eqaul t o1/3 speed of light (but only without morals) and microsecond reaction speed.
His hammer should abosrbo whatever Sentry would throw at him. IMO both - Power Girl and Sentry can be drained by Mjolnir. It would be hard, but if Thor will fight out of character, he will make it. In character he would lose, easily.

MutenRoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MutenRoshi
@Valtot said:
no Telepathy it said..... and sentry at full power is shown more powerful than current thor
Sentry is dead, Thor killed him
Spidermayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Spidermayne

Team 1.

Avatar image for gremlin_from_kremlin
Gremlin From Kremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By lordraiden

MM can defeat PG, and whether he needs to give Thor a hand or not, the Martian & Thundergod take this.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By Saren
@Enzeru: MM's telepathy has affected multiversal powers like the Warlogog. He's far above Sentry in TP, as I believe Sentry's greatest feat was affecting all the minds of Earth with the help of tech.
Avatar image for yumyumbubblegum
yumyumbubblegum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By yumyumbubblegum

Seeing as there are no restrictions to Thor's powers, he summons the Golden Hellcarrier then dumps it on Bob. Seriously though, the Sentry/Void lost all credibility after that incident. Hypethetically if you were to not consider that incident, Sentry disintegrates Manhunter with he's matter manipulation and then jumps on to Thor with PoWER Girl. They overwhelm Thor with the usual "speed blitz".

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#20  Edited By Saren

I really don't see why MM can't solo. He could mindrape Team 2 with ease. Sentry's TP isn't on his level and he's faster, stronger and more powerful than Kara.

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By a88378438

i love powergirl 
but,team one wins,because MM not thor
Fire Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Fire Star

Team 1 wins mainly due to MM.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@vcreed2002 said:
I feel team one would take this 10/10.  The only one with the chance of soloing would be MM.

This.
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a88378438 said:

i love powergirl but,team one wins,because MM AND thor

Fixed :P
karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By karrob

Team 1

super_psycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By super_psycho

Team 1

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Team 1.

demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By demifiend
@a88378438 said:
i love powergirl but,team one wins,because MM not thor
XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By XLR87T3

Team 1. Thor's awesome.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@XLR87T3 said:

Team 1. Thor's awesome.

Agreed.
demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By demifiend
@XLR87T3 said:

Team 1. Thor's awesome.

nah he is not,  
hulk always kick his ass, and now patetic norse god fall down with no reason when he fights (see fear itself ·5) 
next
super_psycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By super_psycho
@demifiend said:

@XLR87T3 said:

Team 1. Thor's awesome.

nah he is not,  hulk always kick his ass, and now patetic norse god fall down with no reason when he fights (see fear itself ·5) next
Thor can beat 20 hulks at same time.
demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By demifiend
@super_psycho said:
@demifiend said:

@XLR87T3 said:

Team 1. Thor's awesome.

nah he is not,  hulk always kick his ass, and now patetic norse god fall down with no reason when he fights (see fear itself ·5) next
Thor can beat 20 hulks at same time.
Of course!! may be  200!!..... 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Team 1 win because of his uber high TP.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So TP will take out PG. And I'm sure Thor + MM can handle Sentry.

@Enzeru: Nothing was stated in the OP. Straight from the Battles-Forum rules.

When these things are left out it’s generally assumed that characters are fighting to the best of their ability but still within the limits of their personality, using their standard gear, have no prep time, and are their current versions. Their starting distance is close and the setting is most often a city. But as I said, this is what is “generally assumed”, not what everyone thinks of. It’s always best to give as much information about the fight in the first post

Sentry normally, will be emotionally unstable.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Enzeru: I will have to go in a 30 minutes but here:

1. Martian Manhunter does not have telepathy in this fight.
2. The Void only appears, when the Sentry is mentally unstable. Since the Void is not in this fight, it automatically means that Sentry is focused and knows what he is doing. He is at least mid-stable. The reason why he was so weak mentally during the entire Dark Reign was because Norman Osborn was manipulating him (PIS of course, to tell Bendis' weird story).
Through the fact that the Martian Manhunter can't take out Power Girl via telepathy, nor can BFR the Sentry via confronting him with the Void, they're all brawling it out.
Thor is the slowest one in this fight, while Power Girl is probably the fastest, since the Sentry is powering her up with solar radiation and also healing her passivly. She has a huge boost in this fight because of the Sentry, who is also a huge threat to Thor and Martian Manhunter - Sentry proved that he is powerful enough to take on the Thor, even without the Void.
Sentry has the weakest durability of them all, since he is only nigh-invulnerable, but that also depends on his mental stability - and he can even heal / reform very, very fast. An out of the character-written Sentry will get killed by the shot of a Kree gun, while a unstable Sentry will take many, many of World War Hulk's punches and a fairly stable Sentry will survive nukes at point range - and he is also returning back from the dead if someone manages to kill him.
Team 2 is functioning far better as a team, because the Sentry is supporting Power Girl hugely ... Team 1 would be fighting against a sun-dipped Kryptonian and a Sentry who destroyed worlds while still holding back.
And now please out-reason me and tell me why Team 1 would win this one.

So, where was it said, when Sentry is always mentally unstable, The Void will appear out of nowhere? It's basically in his character to be unstable mentally. It's the way he is. You can't just assume Sentry is fully stable because he is not Void. That's assumption.

As it's been said from the rules, he's still in the limits of his personality.

Your assuming it's Void.

Martian Manhunter or Thor would defeat Power-Girl. Thor could use magical based attacks against Power-Girl, also, Power-Girl in the limits of her personality and fighting to the best of her ability, while still in character, won't use her speed all so quickly. She doesn't use it much. Characters never do.

• How will Void power-up Kara if he does not know she gets her powers from The Sun?

Sentry does not even know she gets her powers from The Sun, he can't just assume it.

Good post, btw.

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Thor's hammmer

Thor and John take em for sure
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By czarny_samael666

I hate talk about Sentry. This never can end good if two people have completly opposite opinions about him, becuase both sides can post something that in their opinion is Prime argument.

Roldan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Roldan

@comicdude23: Sentry would probably also be to busy with MM to be able to figure that out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Enzeru: I'm struggling to reply to your post because all of it is in quote.

The thing is that Bendis does not know how to write about characters who are not his own - or with who he is not familiar with.
He was writing Sentry hugely out of character, especially during the entire Dark Avengers, since there was not even one single time where Sentry was Robert Reynolds.
He wanted the Sentry to be unstable all the time, even though Sentry actually has more will power.
He wanted Osborn to manipulate the Sentry, even though Sentry is a pure genius and smarter then Osborn will ever be.
He wanted Osborn to be able to summon the Void whenever he wants, so the Sentry was unstable and not able to control it all. It was all about Osborn, who was the most important character during the entire Dark Reign. But how do you boost him up properly? You simply sacrifice a different character: Sentry.
That was all bad, disrespectful, PIS-loaded writing. It's not my assumption, it's a clear fact if you think about it.
It's all about the Sentry's mind - if he is unstable, his fragile mind creates the Void / lets the Void take over and then the horror starts.
If he is stable, he doesn't let the Void take over control that easily - but then the Void still manages to escape and creates himself as a separate entity. (Like it was portrayed in Sentry Volume 1 & 2)
Since in this fight there is no Void, it also means that Sentry is stable and doesn't let the Void take over, because that's the reason why Void wouldn't be there in the first place. And even a mid-stable Sentry is a pure overkill, since he is that powerful.
Keep always in mind that it was an unstable Sentry who defeated World War Hulk and stalemated the Collective, who killed Alpha Flight and tossed the Avengers around, including Binary. From that point on it can only get better and he gains more power.

Sentry has been written unstable for so long it's naturally wrong. He may have written him crap but he's written him a long time, and it's all canon. This is the Sentry we know. I can say Loeb writes characters crap, he does now, but it's still canon.

A-lot of Sentry is PIS, especially his win over Molecule Man, which is A: A feat-less version of the Molecule Man or B: PIS. And where did this SINCE THEIR IS NO VOID, SENTRY IS STABLE. It's been stated in the OP it's not Void, it doesn't automatically mean he's stable without being mentioned.

If it's not mentioned he's stable then he isn't. It's normal Sentry.

Of course not, because the Void would kill them all.
Even though I'm sure that the Void COULD tap into healing powers, he wouldn't do it to support Power Girl, simply because it's not his nature.
In this fight Sentry is the one who is fighting, since the Void it's not allowed

And it's not been stated it's stable Sentry so we cannot make that assumption.

Yeah, she probably wouldn't use her speed to dish out 1.000 punches in one second, because that would be a lot of damage.
But does that automatically mean that she wouldn't use her speed to avoid really dangerous attacks, like Mjolnir's strikes and lightnings? I don't think so. Even if you have morals and try to avoid hurting your enemies too badly, you still don't want to get hurt.
And even if they managed to hurt her, the fact still stays that Sentry is able to heal people while only being near them and the he can emit solar radiation, aswell other energies. He could sundip Power Girl (which would heal her) and he would be able to heal her passivly through the fight. That's a huge advantage. Additionally Sentry can create powerful force fields which would mean that they would even have a greater defense

She has never thrown 1,000 super speed punches. Ever. She will try and avoid it but in close-combat she'll get tagged. Sentry doesn't always heal his team-mates, in fact he rarely uses that ability, I doubt he'd use it in this situation. And again, what's to say he knows she gets her powers from The Sun?

Well, they're working together as a team. I'm fairly sure that they would talk and inform eachother about their abilities. And I also guess that Power Girl should realize that Sentry is emitting solar radiation, when he would be shooting his energy beams.
And as stated above, the Void wouldn't help her at all. He would kill them all. Did you ever read "Marvel What If #200"? It may be "only" a What If and non-canon because of that, but it doesn't change the fact that they showcase there what the Void is capable off.

In a fight like this, their wouldn't be time for talk. And as well, they wouldn't just inform each other on what they can do, and they'd be too busy in combat against The Martian and Thor. He could be shooting them but he'd be to busy with Thor or MM, and PG will be too busy with Thor and MM. She might not even know what he's shooting out.

Void would do that he's too powerful, but he's not in this.

Thanks. Always trying my best, and probably especially when it comes to the Sentry, because I'm sure that I know more about the character then his creator Jenkins and the bold idiot Bendis who destroyed the character.

Yeah, if this argument ends let's just not end with use flaming each other off like last time. But Bendis has done what has been done.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demifiend said:
@XLR87T3 said:

Team 1. Thor's awesome.

-___- Why do you troll Thor threads?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@venomoushatred1001 said:

@demifiend said:
@XLR87T3 said:

Team 1. Thor's awesome.

nah he is not, hulk always kick his ass, and now patetic norse god fall down with no reason when he fights (see fear itself ·5) next

Thor hater?

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicdude23 said:

@venomoushatred1001 said:

@demifiend said:
@XLR87T3 said:

Team 1. Thor's awesome.

nah he is not, hulk always kick his ass, and now patetic norse god fall down with no reason when he fights (see fear itself ·5) next

Thor hater?

Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#48  Edited By Tevnoba

Note: Sentry is only dead if he wants to be.

Sentry Solos.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Tevnoba said:

Note: Sentry is only dead if he wants to be.

Sentry Solos.

Not unless he has Void, which he doesn't in this battle.