User Lists: 0

Gildarts takes it high dif.

SinisterSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

(I know I'm late but I'm still using Tartaros characters, not current Gildarts)

It depends if Mard can succesfully hit Gildarts with Memento Mori. MM takes a while to be cast and Gildarts is fast, so it wouldn't be easy, but it would make Mard win if he succeeds. If not, Gildarts wins mid-diff because Mard's Thorns simply can't do a thing against Gildarts' Crush Magic. The only difficulty Gildarts will face is Mard's great speed and defense, but it'll only delay the inevitable.

Dimitri1220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gildarts one shots

SinisterSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimitri1220: You mean current or Tartaros Gildarts? I agree that the current one stomps, but it probably wouldn't have been so easy for him back in Tartaros Arc.

Dimitri1220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimitri1220: You mean current or Tartaros Gildarts? I agree that the current one stomps, but it probably wouldn't have been so easy for him back in Tartaros Arc.

Current definitely, Tartaros Gildarts shouldn't have too much trouble since he casually one punched a mountain. Plus he can just crash all of Mard Geer's attacks, though the only problem is if Mard Geer gets to use Memento Mori.

SinisterSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimitri1220: Yeah, that's what I thought too. Even if Mard uses MM, it takes a while to cast, it doesn't affect a very big zone (about 15 per 15 feet) and Gildarts is fast, so maybe he could dodge it. And if we exclude MM, Mard simply CAN'T win, only delay the inevitable with his speed and defense.

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gildarts for sure. It won't be easy, but Mard can't put him down for good.

Eobard21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Eobard21

Mard geer take this

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DRdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is this a thread gildarts stomps

Donnieboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gildarts stomps.

SinisterSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Before saying Gildarts stomps Mard easy, please keep in mind this thread is 5 years old, wich means we're talking about TARTAROS Gildarts, not the current one. So if there's people who think Tartaros Gildarts would win THAT easily, please explain.

CyberBlades22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tartaro's arc Gildart's loses imo since Mard showed better feats at the time, Alvarez arc Gildart's stomps tho.

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's practically no proof that Gildarts actually grew more powerful in the series. He should honestly be degrading, if anything, given his age.

SinisterSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cyberblades22: Actually, if we forget Alvalez Arc, I don't recall Gildarts having ever been struggling EXCEPT when he fought Bluenote and his magic was drained (wich wasn't fair). So yeah, we SAW Mard do more impressive stuff, but he was fighting seriously and throwing everything he had (at least in the end), while Gildarts always had it easy.

But even if we don't try to determine Gildarts' full power, I don't see how Mard's Thorns could do a thing against Gildarts' Crush Magic. Even Natsu or Gray could destroy them easily, so Gildarts's Crush "barrier" should just obliterate any Thorn trying to touch him. That's why everything depends on Memento Mori: It's Mard's ONLY chance of winning.

zackx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gildarts.

CyberBlades22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinisterspirit: That's true but Mard Geer was only getting serious when Gray with ice devil slayer magic (extremely effective against demons) intervened. Before that base Mard Geer was getting the edge on the Celestial Spirit King, effortlessly tanked Lightning Fire Dragon Mode Natsu's attacks and was stomping Natsu, Sting, and Rogue without any effort. When Mard Geer went into his Etherious form he was besting Gray and Natsu, he also tanked attacks from Dragon force Natsu and only lost due to a surprise attack from demonized Gray. Mard Geer showed extremely good durability against non demon slayer magic so i'm not sure if crash would be definite one shot. There's also his feat of absorbing Sting and Rogue's unison attack, I'm not sure if he can absorb crash magic but it's a possibility.

Mard Geer's thorn magic might be troublesome even for Gildart's crash magic since his thorns can appear from any angle and from multiple places at once. Gray had Ice Devil slaying magic which helped him and Natsu a lot against Mard Geer, before that Natsu, Sting, and Rogue were getting stomped by base Mard Geer's thorn magic. Base Mard Geer's thorn magic also allowed him to block and match strikes from the Celestial Spirit King. Mard Geer also has those explosive spells from his thorn magic, and the spell that sends a powerful invisible blast to force his enemy's back or even crush them into the ground. Mard Geer also showed greater agility and arguably better speed feats than Gildart's (pre Alvarez) so his attacks might be able to hit Gildart's before he can defend, especially with his flight advantage. I agree with Mememto Mori being his best chance at winning but I don't think it's his only chance at winning, but by no means is this going to be a easy fight for Mard Geer it's going to be a high diff battle for sure.

Eobard21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Eobard21

Base mard geer was on par with the csk

Destroyed Natsu Sting and Rogue easily

I believe that he's above tartarus Gildarts (pre skip)

He was only damaged by Des Gray

SinisterSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cyberblades22: I don't recall Mard truly showing he was on CSK's level, he mostly dodged his attacks until Lucy ran out of magic. He only blocked ONE attack from CSK (wich wasn't his most powerful one) and only hurt him ONCE with his Thorns, but CSK easily regenerated. Don't get me wrong, it's still impressive, but I haven't seen enough to truly be sure they're on the same level. Besides we're not sure how powerful CSK really is, I mean yes he destroyed the Cube easily, but that's something Hades could've done as well with an Amaterasu 100 (it blew up 1/4 of Tenrou Island and Hades wasn't even using the huge boost of his Devil's Eye). And I wouldn't say he was STOMPING Natsu, Sting and Rogue since they could tank his Thorns, but yeah, they couldn't hurt him due to his great speed and defense. Mard's durability is definitely one of the best we've seen, and that's why I think even Gildarts would have difficulties hurting him, but I still think he can.

But the fact Mard is faster, can fly, is more durable and can make Thorns appear from multiple direction doesn't really matter: Gildarts can surround himself with a Crush "barrier", so no-matter how fast or from how many directions Mard attacks, his Thorns WILL have to go through Crush magic before hitting Gildarts, and seeing how even Natsu could destroy Thorns with his flames, Crush magic should easily do it too. Other than Memento Mori, there MIGHT be the explosive spell that could pierce through Gildarts' barrier, but I doubt it.

This fight is really a race against time for both fighters: Can Gildarts keep dodging MM and attacking long enough to eventually break through Mard's defense despite the latter's speed? Or will Mard eventually manage to obliterate Gildarts despite the latter's speed and MM taking a while to be cast?

CyberBlades22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinisterspirit: To be fair neither Mard Geer nor the CSK really tried in that fight, and Mard Geer didn't even use his etherious form in that fight so it's really hard to scale the two. I agree the CSK true power is a mystery but the power he's shown so far was really impressive and Mard Geer managing to keep pace with CSK without Etherious is really impressive imo.

Fair point, I still think his explosive spell and his explosive rose can possibly tag Gildart's and maybe that spell he used to send Natsu falling down into floor before being saved by Sting and Rogue.

No Caption Provided

Mard Geer also has a spell the protected him from Natsu's attack and sent him flying, which might help him defend against Gildart's crash magic

No Caption Provided

I agree that Memento Mori does take a while to activate but the curse fog that surrounds the opponent and gradually grows in height should prevent Gildarts from escaping the same way it stopped Gray and Natsu, but I could be wrong the curse could probably be avoided by Gildart's speed.

I agree with this, I can definitely see possible scenarios where Mard Geer could lose to Gildart's if he manages to dodge and counter Mard's attacks, I think by feats Mard should win with high diff tbh, but I can definitely see the possibility of this fight going either way.

SinisterSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cyberblades22: Even if Gildarts' speed isn't enough to escape Memento Mori's fog, his Crush Magic should allow him to break free since it could even immunize him to Bluenote's gravity. The only question is if Gildarts can predict WHERE Memento Mori is gonna be cast (it seems to affect a 15 per 15 feet zone and the fog doesn't make it easy to see) and move away from that zone in time.

And yeah, not only Mard's natural durability is huge, but his defensive spell is impressive too. In my opinion, Gildarts can't break through it on the FIRST try, but he should eventually succeed if he keeps attacking (afterall Crush magic is strong enough to slice Bluenote's Black Hole, so it should AT LEAST leave marks on Mard's barrier). Mard's more offensive spells MIGHT be able to do the same to Gildarts' defensive spell, but I think Mard's would crumble first IF they were both just standing still. That's why Mard's speed is his best way of gaining time, he'll have tons of chances to cast Memento Mori.

The only question is: How much energy does this curse cost? If he can keep casting it for hours without any problem, I say he should win, but if he can't use it more than let's say... 15 times before running out of energy, then he should lose.

CyberBlades22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinisterspirit: True, Gildart's using crush to escape Memento Mori's fog is definitely possible. Agreed the fog makes the curse difficult to predict.

Agreed I can definitely see Gildart's breaking past Mard's defense eventually, but I think Mard Geer could possibly dodge after throwing a defensive spell. Agreed Mard Geer's speed is a major factor in him coming out with win in this difficult fight, crash magic should do better against breaking Mard Geer's defence than Mard Geer's thorns trying to bypass Gildart's crash magic, maybe his explosive spell could work.

I honestly can't say if Mard Geer would be capable of launching that many Memento Mori's or if he can even use more than one, imo he could win with a perfectly placed Memento Mori with high diff after wearing down Gildart's which I see a 50/50 chance of happening.