Marcus (Underworld) vs Drake (Blade: Trinity)

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ParagonNate

Marcus Corvinus vs. Drake

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Battle has two rounds:

The first round take place in the castle ruins were Markus fought Selene at the end of Underworld Evolution.

The second round takes place in the skyscraper were Drake fought Blade at the end of Blade Trinity.

Both start in human form at the opposite ends of the arenas, however they can transform if they feel the need to do so. Both combatants are armed with swords, Marcus wielding a standard longsword and Drake wielding his own sword from Blade Trinity.

Who wins in this battle of Vampiric Progenitors?

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that Underworld vamps are slightly stronger than Blade vampires, so their masters should be as well.

Never seen Markus use a sword so he may lose in a blade battle, but if he can go hybrid I'll say Mr. Evolution.

He was strong enough to pull a helicopter out of the sky.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ParagonNate

@guardiandevil83: Well they aren't really limited to using the swords, I was just giving Marcus one since Drake has one, and yeah they can transform to their alternate selves if they feel the need to. I'll edit the OP a bit to add that.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump!

Devil_Driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drake launched Blade like a ragdoll in his final form from what I remember so I doubt Underworld vamps are stronger, Nomak was a beast as well, I think Drake gets the upper hand once he transforms for sure, he jobbed so badly in the movie though lol, Marcus has flight which could help him but for now I'll go with Drake.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devil_driver: Well, Marcus did lift that big stone slab that locked his brother in, and he pulled that helicopter out of the air so he's not exactly a weakling.

Mije_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drake wins unfortunately.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Drake wins, Marcus went down a bit easy for my taste.

I do think there should be s slight strength advantage for Marcus but Drake should have a considerable speed advantage

Devil_Driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonnate: I don't think Marcus is weak I just don't think he is stronger than Drake, he was throwing Blade around like a paperclip and soaked his punches effortlessly, but he could not overcome the power of the plot.

Abigail shoots one arrow and he catches it without looking, then he ignores her and goes after Blade, I guess he didn't think she would fire another one or that it wouldn't matter either way they had to use a virus engineered to kill vampires to bring him down. Marcus was overpowered by a wounded Selene lmao Drake would rip her in half and kick her head to the moon.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devil_driver: honestly the power levels of the Blade movies were all over the place. At one moment Drake is watching bullets move in slow mo and easily dodging them, the next moment he's running at speed that are barely above human.

We also see the Blade vamps at one movie throwing statues (blade 2) and the next movie Vampire Tripe H is fighting on fairly even footing with Ryan Reynolds.

So I do think that the Vamps in Underworld are consistently shown to be stronger as a whole. However I still think they are pretty close in strength with Drake taking the cake in speed and durability.

Devil_Driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cregan_stark: I don't think there were that many low showings all around in the blade movies, Hannibal King fight was badly handled, but they had to find a reason to keep him around I suppose, most series will have their inconsistencies, technically speaking Selene shouldn't be able to hang one on one with an elder if you want to talk about low showings I'm pretty sure if I combed back over the Blade movies I would find more high showings than low ones.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cregan_stark: To be fair to Markus he had been in hibernation for hundreds of years, and Selene had the blood of two, count them, two extremely powerful elder immortals running through her veins.

Viktor and Alexander.

Also, Selene was trained specifically in the arts of murder, and simply out fought him. Hell, Marcus and Drake were beaten by kung fu day walkers. Lol

Devil_Driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardiandevil83: Drake was beaten by a virus, he was wrecking Blade at the end once achieved his final form, I guess the thinking was that after he caught the first arrow he didn't care about a second one since it's just an arrow, he had no real reason to suspect a vampire killer virus. I guess what it boils down to, and it is ABC logic but do you think Marcus could beat Blade? I don't see it happening.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Marcus. Way way way stronger. And his flight and stabberwings (lol) are an incredible advantage.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devil_driver: No. But then again Blade is vampire kryptonite. He will win somehow someway

Devil_Driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Devil_Driver
ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@devil_driver: No. But then again Blade is vampire kryptonite. He will win somehow someway

Thats called plot. And it has no place on the Battle Forums. Blade always one with plot, not under his own skill and power. First one, he needed that liquid. Second one, Nomak beat Blade for the most part, then killed himself. Third one, Drake was weakened from the silver air and was still beating Blade until he was depowered.

@allstarsuperman: Still backing Drake but lol'd at stabberwings

I don't see why you are backing him. Markus pushed around a semi truck, and had an amazing healing factor and could fly. He was more advantages over Drake.

Avatar image for sirbaronobeefdip
SirBaronOBeefdip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade comes in and smacks both of them around

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: Wasn't Marcus also durable enough to no sell bullets from Selene's pistols? You know the ones she cut through the floor with in the first movie?

Just wondering because I might be misremembering.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: Wasn't Marcus also durable enough to no sell bullets from Selene's pistols? You know the ones she cut through the floor with in the first movie?

Just wondering because I might be misremembering.

Well, kinda. He took the bullets and regenerated right away. It wasn't like his skin was so tough that bullets bounced off.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marcus displayed more strength and flight will factor as a considerable advantage also Marcus was fairly durable as well. Skill and experience should arguably go to Drake however Marcus has faced many skilled opponents and overwhelmed them.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: Dude that was a joke I wasn't actually serious. I even believe Blade to be a far superior combatant than Selene, but she is no sloutch.

No I don't think Marcus could beat Blade, but anyone who's fought before will tell you fights don't work like that. Just because Drake could beat Blade does not mean he will beat Marcus. Also I'd like to point out that Blade was holding his own until Drake went to his alternate form.

He won't be able to pull that with another who's equally as monstrous. Markus was beating Selene too, until she drank from his dad whom it was said in film, to be powerful enough to kill both his sons.

gingerpenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardiandevil83: Okay. But I wouldnt say drinking Alexander Corvinus' blood is a plot device. Selene is better then Blade, that's just how I see it. She faces more noteable big bads, and comes out on top, and her fodder isnt easily one shotted with a sliver of silver. She's way more experienced as well. Marcus is a bigger threat then any body Blade faced, and Selene was able to match Marcus physically, and she out skilled him.

D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pale dude looks like he can harpoon the other dude with his nose.

Devil_Driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blade

Lucano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marcus probably, due to versatility. Drake has a solid speed and reaction time advantage though.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shamelessly bumping my own thread! :D

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Fear the mighty Bison Bump! Fear it!

gingerpenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peterrubiohard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Marcus takes it.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Completely forgot about this thread

Realistic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Realistic

Strength- Drake Threw 180lbs Blade, 20 feet into a horizontal pole at 50mph (my guess) pretty easily. Marcus tugged a helicopter with all his might. Im sure Drake could too if he used as much force as Marcus. Durability- Blades hits did near nothing to Drake. Saleen and Marcus were able to injure Marcus quite a bit in combat nearly KOing him twice. Drake was in a league of his own. Speed- Drakes senses of dodging bullets where Marcus couldn't as well as catching an arrow with his back turned. Marcus isn't quite this fast. Drake would appear more impressive, though Marcus can fly. But this may not help much.

Drake takes this with proof.

RaIdeN-007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was it not the same Selene that ripped off the spine of an Uber lycan in blood wars. So Marcus shouldn't be written off so easily. If the both of them goes into their monstrous forms, Marcus shouldn't have an issue beating Drake.

fuse106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't Drake the god/progenitor of all vampires? He automatically stomps any vampire.

AquaShuzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fuse106 said:

Isn't Drake the god/progenitor of all vampires? He automatically stomps any vampire.

Different universes. :D

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

👀

Krishnyak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marcus looks stronger

jimohkolawol10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marcus looks a lot stronger while drake is more faster but wasn't something about what can kill drake?

Strike3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speed wise, regular vamp level Selene zipped around cop gunfire, and Marcus as the OG vamp at the least, would be double her attributes. Being an evolving mutation, Marcus gets an upgrade after tasting Marcus's blood.

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By cosmic_reign

This is TOUGH... Prob Drake, Unfortunately.

BOTH Marcus and Drake are Super Powerful, but Drake is a far more skilled combatant.

I personally think Viktor(with sword) would give Hybrid Marcus more than he can handle.

Elijahbane25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Elijahbane25

Drake wins by outlasting Marcus with massive damage soak advantage and strength etc.

Strike3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Strike3

@cosmic_reign:

Other way around. Marcus is a hybrid with Viktor's years of (maybe) more) battle experience. Viktor with sword failed to land a sword strike on an inexperienced hybrid Michael. Drake could use a sword, but that was about it. So no combat edge.

Six-Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drake due to speed, durability, and better skill feats.

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By cosmic_reign
@strike3 said:

@cosmic_reign:

Other way around. Marcus is a hybrid with Viktor's years of (maybe) more) battle experience. Viktor with sword failed to land a sword strike on an inexperienced hybrid Michael. Drake could use a sword, but that was about it. So no combat edge.

From what I know, Marcus doesn't have the battle experience/expertise nor War(military) wisdom of Viktor. I only brought up a sword since Marcus has his weapon wings. But Viktor didn't need the sword to out-fight Michael. The same Michael that hours later bested Marcus temporarily. Ofc I'm open...

Drake was said to be the "Perfect Form" I doubt he loses to Blade without plot/serum(or whatever it was)

Strike3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strike3 said:

@cosmic_reign:

From what I know, Marcus doesn't have the battle experience/expertise nor War(military) wisdom of Viktor. I only brought up a sword since Marcus has his weapon wings. But Viktor didn't need the sword to out-fight Michael. The same Michael that hours later bested Marcus temporarily. Ofc I'm open...

Drake was said to be the "Perfect Form" I doubt he loses to Blade without plot/serum(or whatever it was)

From what we saw of the past, Marcus & Viktor fought in the wars against werewolves together. Combat edge unknown. Hybrid Marcus impaled Hybrid Michael through the heart. Michael recovers later.