• 93 results
Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#51  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Justice, Crisi on infinite earth, Infinite Crisis, countdown. i red some of HoM and i didn't think it was that good. never red secret wars. but i do hear Earth X is good. so i will download all them now. and its 07:47 here. i been awake over 24 hours. doesn't stop me/

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Lord Shazam says:

"Justice, Crisi on infinite earth, Infinite Crisis, countdown. i red some of HoM and i didn't think it was that good. never red secret wars. but i do hear Earth X is good. so i will download all them now. and its 07:47 here. i been awake over 24 hours. doesn't stop me/"

I've read some of House Of M. I think it's amazing how you literally need to be careful for what you wish for. I find it to be an interesting book. Civil War IMO is really good too. Spider-Man: Reign is a fantastic story. I think Marvel Zombies is pretty good. I'm barely 17 so I'm not used to staying up that long.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Supreme Marvel

really...civil war? i was disappointed with that,i thought that was going to be good.just turned 20 myself

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Lord Shazam says:

"really...civil war? i was disappointed with that,i thought that was going to be good.just turned 20 myself"

I mean like considering all the character they had to work with and with the idea, I thought it was pretty good. I don't think it was their best work, I just think it was pretty good stuff considering all the consequences and the aftermath behind it. I liked it.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Supreme Marvel

got the torrent for the Earth X, but no seeds just yet. And my laptop is having a fit or something. If you like the aftermath of a situation i think if you read an early stage comic of DC, start with downloading Infinite Crisis and then that will lead to 52 and go from there. i think you will be very entertained and you will get to know the smaller characters before the big ones. loads of twists and turns in 52.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Supreme Marvel

DC is leading up to a major event soon, which we have heard that a major death will happen.

Avatar image for terminal_velocity
Terminal Velocity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Civil War bored me to tears. I don't know why you quoted sales figures Valkaad, because sales don't equel quality. Sometimes its just lack of information, or people not giving DC a chance. Many people just look at the main 3 and say they don't like them, and then don't give the rest of DC a chance. Superman doesn't overshadow all of the characters, I don't know why people repeat this. Maybe it was like that in the past, but not anymore.

Heres a suprise, I don't read any of the main 3, and I love DC. I read mostly Flash, the new 52 thing, all the main events that show alot of characters an stuff, Teen Titans, all the classic Batman stuff that got turned into graphic novels, I recently picked up Green Arrow: Year One, I think he's an interesting character. Booster Gold just got his own comic, which is looking to be an important part of 52.

Right now, DC is a hell of alot more interesting to me, could that change? Yes, but I'm not counting on it anytime soon.

Avatar image for shazam__lord_m__
Shazam (Lord M.)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By Shazam (Lord M.)

Liverwurst says:

"1:Mar-Vell isn't a rip-off.2,Sentry wins this(except against Earth X Mar-vell)."

agreed

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#59  Edited By Sparda

Terminal Velocity says:

"Civil War bored me to tears. I don't know why you quoted sales figures Valkaad, because sales don't equel quality. Sometimes its just lack of information, or people not giving DC a chance. Many people just look at the main 3 and say they don't like them, and then don't give the rest of DC a chance. Superman doesn't overshadow all of the characters, I don't know why people repeat this. Maybe it was like that in the past, but not anymore.Heres a suprise, I don't read any of the main 3, and I love DC. I read mostly Flash, the new 52 thing, all the main events that show alot of characters an stuff, Teen Titans, all the classic Batman stuff that got turned into graphic novels, I recently picked up Green Arrow: Year One, I think he's an interesting character. Booster Gold just got his own comic, which is looking to be an important part of 52.Right now, DC is a hell of alot more interesting to me, could that change? Yes, but I'm not counting on it anytime soon."

I also disagree to this. I'd rather read Civil War or WWH than anything on DC's market right now. It just seems boring to me.

Terminal Velocity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sparda says:

"Terminal Velocity says:
"Civil War bored me to tears. I don't know why you quoted sales figures Valkaad, because sales don't equel quality. Sometimes its just lack of information, or people not giving DC a chance. Many people just look at the main 3 and say they don't like them, and then don't give the rest of DC a chance. Superman doesn't overshadow all of the characters, I don't know why people repeat this. Maybe it was like that in the past, but not anymore.Heres a suprise, I don't read any of the main 3, and I love DC. I read mostly Flash, the new 52 thing, all the main events that show alot of characters an stuff, Teen Titans, all the classic Batman stuff that got turned into graphic novels, I recently picked up Green Arrow: Year One, I think he's an interesting character. Booster Gold just got his own comic, which is looking to be an important part of 52.Right now, DC is a hell of alot more interesting to me, could that change? Yes, but I'm not counting on it anytime soon."

I also disagree to this. I'd rather read Civil War or WWH than anything on DC's market right now. It just seems boring to me."

I guess that's where we disagree then. Have you actually tried to read any of 52 or other DC? Because I tried to get into Civil War, you can ask Lord Shazam, I tried! I just found it really dull.
Post Edited:2007-08-30 13:06:28

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Eternal Chaos

In my opinion, this is what makes Marvel Fans, and DC fans different. Marvel fans are more into stories, more into like, what happens to the characters, their issues. Basically human interest (with a superhuman twist of course). DC is more for people who mostly want action and not so much into human interest. In my opinion, Marvel and DC have both have their faults, so it just depends on your taste. You might not have liked Civil War, but other people did. That's just the bottom line.

Clantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Clantern

Valkaad says:

"Terminal Velocity says:
"Battle of the rip offs! Sorry, just feeling a bit antagonistic."
I guess marvel just lets DC (Dork Comics) come up with a character Idea, then vastly improves the character and writes better stories around their better characters. As evidenced by their dominating the comics sales market. These are 2007 figures : Marvel leads by 42% to 30% in dollar share, and 48% to 32% in unit share. EAT IT DC!! The fine print: This post is a just a counter attack aimed at Terminal Velocity and in no way should be read by or taken seriously by any other DC fan. "

don't be so silly. :-) noone like's marvel.

And i can say that i feel more comfortable reading DC comics than marvel, as when i read marvel comics, i think i'm reading a children's fairy tale or something, i just predict the out come and everytime i'm right.

DC is more grown up, not because of blood and guts and gore, that has nothing to do with anything, but obv Marvel think's it ddoes, but it's the jokes, DC's are more for adults, while spiderman call's shocker "the cushin"

Clantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Clantern

Post Deleted.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Apparition

Clantern says:

"Valkaad says:
"Terminal Velocity says:
I guess marvel just lets DC (Dork Comics) come up with a character Idea, then vastly improves the character and writes better stories around their better characters. As evidenced by their dominating the comics sales market. These are 2007 figures : Marvel leads by 42% to 30% in dollar share, and 48% to 32% in unit share. EAT IT DC!! The fine print: This post is a just a counter attack aimed at Terminal Velocity and in no way should be read by or taken seriously by any other DC fan. "
don't be so silly. :-) noone like's marvel. And i can say that i feel more comfortable reading DC comics than marvel, as when i read marvel comics, i think i'm reading a children's fairy tale or something, i just predict the out come and everytime i'm right. DC is more grown up, not because of blood and guts and gore, that has nothing to do with anything, but obv Marvel think's it ddoes, but it's the jokes, DC's are more for adults, while spiderman call's shocker "the cushin""

how old are you clantern? not trying to be funny, but you cant tell if something is made for adults or kids by how corny the jokes are. it's the underlying story that would tell you. the subject matter. and i can predict the outcome of dc comics just as often as marvel comics, which is most of the time. oh and i'm 17 because i'm not trying to attack you, just curious how old you are from what you said about dc being more adult.

Terminal Velocity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eternal Chaos says:

"In my opinion, this is what makes Marvel Fans, and DC fans different. Marvel fans are more into stories, more into like, what happens to the characters, their issues. Basically human interest (with a superhuman twist of course). DC is more for people who mostly want action and not so much into human interest. In my opinion, Marvel and DC have both have their faults, so it just depends on your taste. You might not have liked Civil War, but other people did. That's just the bottom line."

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Apparition says:

"Clantern says:
"Valkaad says:
"Terminal Velocity says:
don't be so silly. :-) noone like's marvel. And i can say that i feel more comfortable reading DC comics than marvel, as when i read marvel comics, i think i'm reading a children's fairy tale or something, i just predict the out come and everytime i'm right. DC is more grown up, not because of blood and guts and gore, that has nothing to do with anything, but obv Marvel think's it ddoes, but it's the jokes, DC's are more for adults, while spiderman call's shocker "the cushin""
how old are you clantern? not trying to be funny, but you cant tell if something is made for adults or kids by how corny the jokes are. it's the underlying story that would tell you. the subject matter. and i can predict the outcome of dc comics just as often as marvel comics, which is most of the time. oh and i'm 17 because i'm not trying to attack you, just curious how old you are from what you said about dc being more adult."

I agree completely. Clantern, you just lost your weight of opinion.

@TV: We finally agree on something.

Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Tevnoba

Some things in DC are cool, but I do like Marvel better, and here is why.

The DC heroes said it themselves in the Ultraverse series crossovers . . .

I can not quote it at this time (I'm at work), but the gist of the conversation was how the DC heroes have it easy with there normal people virtually worshiping the ground they walk on and the Marvel characters have to fight for every scrap of respect they have ever gotten, even those who truly do the right thing always (Spiderman).

Clantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Clantern

Actually that's the point i'm trying to get accross, it wouldn't matter how old you are to understand your reading a children's comic (not trying to avoid the question btw but i dont give out personal information on internet forums if you don't mind) see if you read 'justice' or arkham asylum, the batman comic, and if you read most marvel comics, they concentrate more on the blood gut's and violence, more than the overall story, as i was SO not expecting the ending to justice.

And btw Eternal chaos, i have not lost the wieght of my opinion, it doesn't matter if someone want's to contradict my opinion, it doesn't mean mine will change and please post your opinion, not just say something utter crap about the wieght.

Plus i'm just saying some of the jokes in the DC universe take a little more to get, especcially in the batman comics, but saying that though, the superman ones are eally bad :-(

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Clantern says:

"Actually that's the point i'm trying to get accross, it wouldn't matter how old you are to understand your reading a children's comic (not trying to avoid the question btw but i dont give out personal information on internet forums if you don't mind) see if you read 'justice' or arkham asylum, the batman comic, and if you read most marvel comics, they concentrate more on the blood gut's and violence, more than the overall story, as i was SO not expecting the ending to justice. And btw Eternal chaos, i have not lost the wieght of my opinion, it doesn't matter if someone want's to contradict my opinion, it doesn't mean mine will change and please post your opinion, not just say something utter crap about the wieght. Plus i'm just saying some of the jokes in the DC universe take a little more to get, especcially in the batman comics, but saying that though, the superman ones are eally bad :-("

Do you even read Marvel comics? Marvel focuses on the story, it focuses on what the characters go through. It focuses on their problem, on their issues. It's not just violence and blood and gore and fancy things. I hate to have to point this out, but... DC MOVED THE EARTH! That's about as lame (IMO) as you can get. Marvel has better stories and is usually explaining something, or teaching something. Whether it Fantastic 4 books, or Spider-Man books. You're always learning a little bit of science. You're basing your entire opinion on JOKES! That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. How do you base an opinion for a company's age rating, on jokes? That says alot about you. You wanna talk about stories? Ok, here's one that I can play on you fairly easily on you. Earth X. There, now go read and learn something.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#70  Edited By Sparda

I sense a massive war starting.....

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By lordraiden
Sparda said:
"

I sense a massive war starting.....

"

Time to restart that war lol Sentry for a beating of his life :-)
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#72  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Sentry beats the f#ck out of Mar-Vell..worse than Ultron.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By lordraiden
Vance Astro said:
"Sentry beats the f#ck out of Mar-Vell..worse than Ultron."

How/why's that?
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#74  Edited By The_Martian

Mar-Vell's only chance in this fight is Cosmic Awareness and Negative Zone energy which his Nega-Bands are powered by. But I don't think that it is enough energy to make a real difference.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
lordraiden said:
"Vance Astro said:

How/why's that?"
Sentry fighting Mar-Vell is like Venom fight Blackbolt.
lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By lordraiden
Vance Astro said:
"lordraiden said:
"Vance Astro said:

How/why's that?"
"

Even though Mar-Vell was a constant thorn in Thanos's side back in the day!
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
lordraiden said:
"Vance Astro said:
"lordraiden said:
"Vance Astro said:

How/why's that?"
"

Even though Mar-Vell was a constant thorn in Thanos's side back in the day!"
Doesn't make much sense.Classic Warlock and Silver Surfer had alot of trouble with Thanos and they would mop the floor with Mar-Vell.
SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#78  Edited By SUNMAN
Vance Astro said:
"lordraiden said:
"Vance Astro said:

How/why's that?"
"
Who is Venom in this Sentry?!?!?!?!?!              I think this is a huge exaggeration.
lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By lordraiden
Vance Astro said:
"lordraiden said:
"Vance Astro said:
"lordraiden said:
"Vance Astro said:

How/why's that?"
"

Doesn't make much sense.Classic Warlock and Silver Surfer had alot of trouble with Thanos and they would mop the floor with Mar-Vell.
"

Are you saying they HAVE or would mop the floor with Mar-vell? Cause I believe neither have done so! Otherwise, that's just your opinion and how you see it!
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
lordraiden said:
"Vance Astro said:
"lordraiden said:
"Vance Astro said:
"lordraiden said:
"Vance Astro said:

How/why's that?"
"

"

Are you saying they HAVE or would mop the floor with Mar-vell? Cause I believe neither have done so! Otherwise, that's just your opinion and how you see it!"
I'm saying would.Are you kidding me with the "that's your opinion thing?" Do you honestly think that Norrin and Adam couldn't beat weak ass Mar-Vell? What can he do? He's not even that strong and he's an energy wielder...they will soak that up in minutes.
SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#81  Edited By SUNMAN

I think you are all overrating Mar-Well. Sentry would mess him up

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
SUNMAN said:
"Vance Astro said:
"lordraiden said:
"Vance Astro said:

How/why's that?"
"
Who is Venom in this Sentry?!?!?!?!?!              I think this is a huge exaggeration.
"
Venom is Marvel in the situation.Sound makes the symbiote go away and Blackbolt has the strongest Sonic scream in probably all of comics.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By The_Martian

Mar-Vell is an odd character. On paper he sucks, but in the comics he has taken on Thanos, Surfer, Thor, Hulk, etc and don't really good against all.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Nobody said:
"Mar-Vell is an odd character. On paper he sucks, but in the comics he has taken on Thanos, Surfer, Thor, Hulk, etc and don't really good against all.
Yea and remember in Mighty Avengers when he owned that Ultimo and the Mighty Avengers (including Sentry) were getting owned.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By The_Martian
Vance Astro said:
"Nobody said:
"Mar-Vell is an odd character. On paper he sucks, but in the comics he has taken on Thanos, Surfer, Thor, Hulk, etc and don't really good against all.
Yea and remember in Mighty Avengers when he owned that Ultimo and the Mighty Avengers (including Sentry) were getting owned.
"
I think thats fair. I think that Mar-Vell was powerful than Classic Mar-Vell. Cobolt Man(Skrull) made a comment about this.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Nobody said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Nobody said:
"
I think thats fair. I think that Mar-Vell was powerful than Classic Mar-Vell. Cobolt Man(Skrull) made a comment about this.
"
I still think Sentry beats him with little trouble.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#87  Edited By Ferro Vida
Terminal Velocity said:
"

Apparition says:

"Terminal Velocity says:

you have to know that dc rips off as many characters as marvel does. they have always had the same writers going back and forth between companies so of course it happens."

Can you name a few? I realise that they share writers but Captain Marvel (Marvel comics) is blatantly ripping off the Fawcett Comics/DC one. And Sentry is a blatant rip off of Superman. Alot of people dislike Supes so I duno why they'd copy him.

"
1) There origins have nothing in common

2) It's vaguely possible to actually beat the Sentry
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Ferro Vida

Mar-vell would lose, though he would put up a decent fight. If it was Genis-Vell, then Sentry is screwed.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By The_Martian
Vance Astro said:
"Nobody said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Nobody said:
"
"
I still think Sentry beats him with little trouble.
"
Same here. Only reason I believe he couldn't is cause he is powered by Negative Zone energy. Something Sentry hinted at:

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By lordraiden

"It's vageuly possible to actually beat the Sentry?" What exactly does that mean?  Are you refering to this particular fight, or is that statement in general to Sentry?

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Ferro Vida
lordraiden said:
"

"It's vageuly possible to actually beat the Sentry?" What exactly does that mean?  Are you refering to this particular fight, or is that statement in general to Sentry?

"
I mean in general it's appears to be more plausible to beat the Sentry. Of course, there are a lot less Sentry fanboys than Superman fanboys, so that could be all.
lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By lordraiden

Gotcha!

Avatar image for mar_vell_liberation_front
Mar-Vell Liberation Front

Forum Posts

Wiki Points