Mandalorians (Star Wars) vs Sardaukar (Dune)

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By jwwprod

With Dune getting a lot of attention over the past few months thanks to the newest movie (And the Dune event in War Thunder) I thought I'd do a remake of a thread made by an old friend of mine. That thread was Mandalorians vs Sardaukar, I will admit the thread was good but I feel like I'd remake it and make it a little more even and interesting.

Mandalorians (Star Wars):

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Leaders: Cassus Fett, Pre Vizsla, Bo-Katan Kryze & Boba Fett

Arsenal:

• 300,000 Mandalorians Soldiers with Mandalorian Assault Rifles.
  • 300,000 Mandalorians Soldiers with EE-3 Carbine Rifles & Mandalorian Blasters.
  • 50,000 Mandalorians Soldiers with RPS-6 Rocket Launchers & Mandalorian Blasters.
  • 200,000 Mandalorian Protectors with EE-3 Carbine Rifles (And half have Jetpacks).
  • 100,000 Mandalorian Commandos with Duel WESTAR-35 Blaster Pistols (Half have Jetpacks)
  • 100,000 Mandalorian Commandos with WESTAR-35 Blaster Pistols & Beskad Swords (Half have Jetpacks)
  • 200,000 Death Watch Mandalorians with GALAAR-15 Blaster Carbine & Darksabers (And half have Jetpacks).
  • 100,000 Heavy Infantry Mandalorians with Heavy Blaster Cannons (A Quarter have Jetpacks)
  • 150,000 Neo-Crusaders with EE-1 Carbine Rifles.
  • 150,000 Neo-Crusaders with SHUKUR-05 Light Repeaters.
  • 100,000 Neo-Crusader Shock Troopers with Mandalorian Heavy Repeaters & Mandalorian Disintegrators.
  • 100,000 Neo-Crusader Shock Troopers with GALAAR-15 blaster carbines.
  • 2,000 74-Z speeder Bikes.
  • 2,200 Death Watch Tanks.
  • 700 Canderous-Class Assault Tanks.
  • 700 Mandalorian Attack Land Vehicles.
  • 600 MPTL-2 Artillery's.

VS

Sardaukar (Dune)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Leaders: Zum Garon, Jopati Kolona, Tyekanik & Otto Aramsham

Arsenal:

• 400,000 Sardaukar from the 1984 movie with their energy weapons.
  • 400,000 Novel Sardaukar with Sardaukar Machine Guns from Dune 2000 (Quarter of them also have the Sardaukar Rocket Launchers from Dune 2000).
  • 400,000 Novel Sardaukar with Miniguns from Emperor: Battle for Dune & Sardaukar Knifes.
  • 300,000 Novel Sardaukar with Laspistols from Emperor: Battle for Dune & Sardaukar Swords.
  • 300,000 Sardaukar from the 2021 movie with Maula Pistols & Swords.
  • 150 Novel Officers with Maula Pistols & Sardaukar Swords.
  • 150 Novel Officers with Laspistols from Emperor: Battle for Dune & Sardaukar Swords.
  • 1,000 Trikes from Dune 2.
  • 1,000 Quads from Dune 2.
  • 900 Combat Tanks from Dune 2.
  • 900 Siege Tanks from Dune 2.
  • 400 NIAB Tanks from Emperor: Battle for Dune.
  • 800 Devastators from Dune 2000.
  • 800 D-OTR Tanks from Worm Thunder.
  • 600 Missile Tanks from Dune 2000.

Rules:

• Both sides have enough supplies (Food, water, ammo, fuel, etc) to last this battle.
  • Both sides have knowledge on each other.
  • No personal shields for the Sardaukar (Their too OP)
  • Mandalorians are replacing the Soviets in this battle.
  • Sardaukar are replacing the Nazis in this battle.
  • Mandalorians win by destroying all Sardaukar forces.
  • Sardaukar win by destroying all Mandalorian forces

Battlefield Location:

The Battle of Stalingrad
The Battle of Stalingrad

Songs to go with this battle:

Who Wins and why!?!?

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

Beskar armor is a pretty big game changer here

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warlockmage: the Laspistols from the game Emperor: Battle for Dune are also pretty OP, granted their no where near as powerful as the Lasguns from the novels but their still rather deadly.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

@jwwprod said:

@warlockmage: the Laspistols from the game Emperor: Battle for Dune are also pretty OP, granted their no where near as powerful as the Lasguns from the novels but their still rather deadly.

yeah but they are energy weapons and they aren't stronger than a Lightsaber... so they aren't gonna get through the beskar armor certainly not very easily.

Its a big deal when most of your infantry's weapons are not getting through the other infantry's armor

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warlockmage said:

@jwwprod said:

yeah but they are energy weapons and they aren't stronger than a Lightsaber... so they aren't gonna get through the beskar armor certainly not very easily.

Its a big deal when most of your infantry's weapons are not getting through the other infantry's armor

The Laspistols in Emperor: Battle for Dune are still capable of doing damage to light vehicles, again not anywhere near as OP as Novel Lasguns (Which are capable of cutting down an entire forest by swinging it side ways, capable of cutting AT-AT sized machines in two, implied to cut through any known substance that isn't shielded and also capable of punching straight through a door that would take 20 minutes to open any other way) but still pretty powerful, not saying they'd go straight through Beskar armor but they'd still be a big enough threat for the Mandalorians to be careful.

cergic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm voting Dune. Besides, the -84 movie sound weapons will make goo of anything they encounter

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cergic said:

I'm voting Dune. Besides, the -84 movie sound weapons will make goo of anything they encounter

The Weirding Module (The 1984 movie sound weapons your referring to) were not used by the Sardaukar and are not present here.

Nicov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mandalorians easy. Sradaukar weapons cannot pass through their armor or deal any damage to them. On the other hand, without their shields, they can kill them easily, and even with their shields the problem is not that they are OP, it is that if you shoot certain things at them they cause atomic explosions.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicov said:

Mandalorians easy. Sradaukar weapons cannot pass through their armor or deal any damage to them. On the other hand, without their shields, they can kill them easily, and even with their shields the problem is not that they are OP, it is that if you shoot certain things at them they cause atomic explosions.

Certain Sardaukar also seem to have decent durability like this Sardaukar from the 1984 movie here (Took a hit from an energy weapon and still pushed aside Atreides soldiers):

Loading Video...

And as I said some Sardaukar are equipped with Laspistols from the game Emperor: Battle for Dune, there no where near as powerful as Novel Lasguns but they're still capable of damaging vehicles (Not so much heavy vehicles).

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cergic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod:

Crap, i had a huge brainfart when i read the thread, and thought Fremen.

Rhubarb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rhubarb

@jwwprod:

Thanks for tagging me, i miss these kinds of battles!

I think they're roughly even though the Sardaukar do have more numbers here. Typically at range i favour Dune over starwars due to lasguns, the same is pretty true here. In close quarters the Sardaukar's superior fighting prowess should be roughly matched by competent use of the mandalorians gadgets, but this is never a guarantee. So i'm leaning Sardaukar here overall in a tough fight.

Side note: this is pretty much the reverse of what i thought in the previous version of this thread lol.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rhubarb said:

@jwwprod:

Thanks for tagging me, i miss these kinds of battles!

I think they're roughly even though the Sardaukar do have more numbers here. Typically at range i favour Dune over starwars due to lasguns, the same is pretty true here. In close quarters the Sardaukar's superior fighting prowess should be roughly matched by competent use of the mandalorians gadgets, but this is never a guarantee. So i'm leaning Sardaukar here overall in a tough fight.

Side note: this is pretty much the reverse of what i thought in the previous version of this thread lol.

Your welcome and thanks for appreciating these threads :)

I should point out that the Lasguns in this threads (Which are the Laspistols from the game Emperor: Battle for Dune) aren't any where near as powerful as the Lasguns from the novels but they're still pretty potent.

My friend's Mandalorians vs Sardaukar thread was good, the problem was that I felt like the Basilisk war droids for the Mandalorians made things a little too unfair, so I thought I'd remake it because of not only the new Dune movie but I also always liked the idea of Mandalorians vs Sardaukar, two elite armies from two different sci-fi franchises going at it!

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterofmatches

Avatar image for deactivated-64173259e84e1
deactivated-64173259e84e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod: Oh man you made this?!

AS for the battle. I think I'd have to side with Sardaukar, I think their training and weaponry is enough to bust through most of the mando's armor over time and only the Neo Crusaders are super elite. The rest although fairly well trained, didn't do well against the Clones at all and vaguely put up a fight that lasted only the course of a few days to a week tops. I think the biggest thing hindering the Sardaukar is that even if they strike first they may not get the kill right away. Are the leaders for both sides fighting though, I swore I double checked the rules, but didn't see it

Great match though with great music :)

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterofmatches said:

@jwwprod: Oh man you made this?!

AS for the battle. I think I'd have to side with Sardaukar, I think their training and weaponry is enough to bust through most of the mando's armor over time and only the Neo Crusaders are super elite. The rest although fairly well trained, didn't do well against the Clones at all and vaguely put up a fight that lasted only the course of a few days to a week tops. I think the biggest thing hindering the Sardaukar is that even if they strike first they may not get the kill right away. Are the leaders for both sides fighting though, I swore I double checked the rules, but didn't see it

Great match though with great music :)

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol mandos in a stomp

Strike3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the Mandalorians are as good with a knife as Duncan Idaho, they win. 😁

forfingon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sardaukar are much better trained. Mandalorians are cool looking but Sardaukar have one of the most brutal training regiments in all of fiction. Even without shields, they stomp the Mandalorians with ease.

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Cheth  Online

Okay this is going to be a pretty long and bloody battle by the army sizes alone. However with 1.15 million mandalorians vs only 300k DW, the mandalorians should score a pretty decisive victory, especially with Boba leading them vs just Pre and Bo. The 2.2k DW tanks would give DW some firepower, especially since its unclear which side controls the other vehicles (besides the specific neo-crusader ones), but they would still go down quickly under the many mando missiles. I doubt the neo-crusaders would favour either side, so they would probably focus on other things

I don't know anything about Dune so can't answer the actual OT, but seeing DW and regular mandos on the same team with no rules preventing infighting made this all too tempting lol