Man of Steel vs The Avengers

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Had to be done :-) The Man of Steel has just defeated his first enemy, Zod. A year has passed with peace and serenity for the man of steel. In a plot secretly hatched from a villain plotting afar, Lex Luthor has transported Superman into The Avengers New York through the portal after a few dozen chittauri come through and a leviathan, then the portol closes. Superman quickly dispatches the chitauri, and with a bit more work, the leviathan. The Avengers catch wind of this, and as usual, think Superman is part of an invasion and mistake him for an invading enemy. Superman himself not knowing what too make of a green giant, a hammer wielding god and an iron man wielding suite, goes on the ropes initially trying to gauge his opponents. Can he prevail? or will the Avengers being able to contain their first Kryptonian?

The Avengers:

Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Iron Patriot, Captain America, and Loki

vs

Superman: The Man of Steel

Bonus Match: Superman, Zod And Faora in same scenario vs Thor, Hulk, Abomination, Iron Man, Iron Patriot, War Monger and Loki.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By OverLordArhas

Have not watched it yet (Superman: The Man of Steel), is it good?

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have not watched it yet (Superman: The Man of Steel), is it good?

You'll have to read k4tzm4n review

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordraiden: Wait.. So you haven't seen it. Yet make a battle thread without knowing his strength, and speed? Or is this comic versions? Cause Superman could blitz all the non factors and defeat Thor in a brutal showdown.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Or are you just "Shotgunning" this battle for future references? So sad.

Avatar image for beautifulrevery
beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movie hasn't officially premiered yet. Wait until Friday to make threads about it please and thank you

LimpoyzLoan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LimpoyzLoan

Movie hasn't come out yet, bro.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dondave

Movie hasn't officially premiered yet. Wait until Friday to make threads about it please and thank you

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So there are no reference that can be used except for trailers which are widely inconsistent because it mainly features film highlights.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Vaeternus

I will get back to this topic once I see MOS but will wager he can take them given what little I've seen him do.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who says that supes will win against zod? Lmao jk

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lordraiden

So there are no reference that can be used except for trailers which are widely inconsistent because it mainly features film highlights.

No need to be hostile, either wait till you've seen the movie and come in and post or don't, no one is forcing you? No need to tell other people what to post or not to, as movie releases vary, since IM3 and ST Into Darkness came out a week earlier else where around the world, and there are those who have seen it, I haven't seen the whole movie, I've seen some of the Zod vs Superman fight via a friend which prompted me to post this fight, as it got me curious. So no, i'm not jumping the gun, nor am I trying to offend people. Chill out!

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Shawnbaby

@lordraiden said:

@overlordarhas said:

No need to be hostile, either wait till you've seen the movie and come in and post or don't, no one is forcing you? No need to tell other people what to post or not to, as movie releases vary, since IM3 and ST Into Darkness came out a week earlier else where around the world, and there are those who have seen it, I haven't seen the whole movie, I've seen some of the Zod vs Superman fight via a friend which prompted me to post this fight, as it got me curious. So no, i'm not jumping the gun, nor am I trying to offend people. Chill out!

How about you just wait until the movie has been officially released before making threads about it? And yeah, making a fight before most people have actually seen the movie is officially Jumping the Gun.

Walzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Walzo

According to K4, Superman wrecks the Avengers.

MirrorWave4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cavill's Superman Curbestomps the Avengers

1) He tagged three guys in an instant

2) Highly resistant to fire

3) Created a large crater with just the shock wave of his punch.

Pfcoolio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movie hasn't come out yet, bro.

What show is that?

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordraiden: I'll concur with the opinion this thread is out a little too early given a handful of Viners have had the opportunity to see it. You would have been better off making this thread during the midnight premier - then Viners could have strolling in with some basic idea of what is going on.

Cavill's Superman Curbestomps the Avengers

1) He tagged three guys in an instant

2) Highly resistant to fire

3) Created a large crater with just the shock wave of his punch.

1. Something worth mentioning I guess.

2. And? Thor was tanking blasts of energy that vaporized super-beings in his movie - how is fire worth a mention here? (Gungir blasts)

3. I'll have to see how massive this crater is.

Two still has me really confused. Unless he's tanking solar temperatures, tanking fire isn't exactly mind blowing.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why not wait for this and Avengers 2 so we can see how Thanos backhands everyone.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By TifaLockhart

@reikai: I'm thinking he's going to be more like movie destroyer than comicbook Thanos, sadly...

MirrorWave4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: Marvel under DISNY FORCE isn't gonna let Thanos even get best of Hawk eye. The only new Avenger of the new movie is The Falcon.

- Just beefing Thanos if you ask me :[

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By reikai

@the_last_son_of_czarnia: If that was the case, Thor could do it alone rather than have it be a team effort. I'm sure he won't be on par with his comic counterpart. If he was, they'd all die in less than a second.

But he will show up Stronger than Hulk, smarter than Tony and Banner, more powerful than Thor's lightning and Iron-Man's repulsors. Basically taking everything they can throw at him and trampling over them all. And then we'll have some plot-absurdity with the Infinity Gauntlet, someone will die, and Thanos will be banished to some dark corner of the cosmos or something.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai said:

@the_last_son_of_czarnia: If that was the case, Thor could do it alone rather than have it be a team effort. I'm sure he won't be on par with his comic counterpart. If he was, they'd all die in less than a second.

But he will show up Stronger than Hulk, smarter than Tony and Banner, more powerful than Thor's lightning and Iron-Man's repulsors. Basically taking everything they can throw at him and trampling over them all. And then we'll have some plot-absurdity with the Infinity Gauntlet, someone will die, and Thanos will be banished to some dark corner of the cosmos or something.

If Thanos turns out to be a jobber, I will hate Marvel for approving such absurdity.

LimpoyzLoan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By LimpoyzLoan

@pfcoolio14: The Office. Was great up until Steve Carell (Guy in gif) left.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@overlordarhas: Thanos always jobs the first time around. It's what happened with the IG in the comics anyway. Only reason heroes won was because Thanos let them win. And Jarvis will probably tell Tony as much at the end of the movie with something along the lines of;

Jarvis: "Mr. Stark, upon reviewing my analysis of the conflict with the entity known as 'Thanos', I have come to the conclusion that he could have defeated the entire Avengers Initiative at any given time."

Tony: "I know, Jarvis. He was very tough, but we got our things together and sent him packing."

Jarvis: "I'm not sure if you understood my meaning sir. I believe that Thanos could have eliminated everyone, but chose not to."

Tony: "...why would he do that?"

Jarvis: "I am not sure. It is only my hypothesis given what was witnessed during the confrontation, that he was merely testing us. As for what his reasons are, I cannot hazard a guess."

MirrorWave4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MirrorWave4

@reikai: Fake! Thanos won't show anything close to planet busting feats! Marvel cinematic Universe is basically Goone-verse for little kids.

- Not insulting you, just Marvel.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mirrorwave4: Blame Disney for that. Besides I just made up those lines, but they'd seem about accurate for an ending that brings a dark foreboding of what would come next, since Thanos wouldn't be killed by them and his return is a definitive probability.

Though the entirety of his challenge of them may be to prepare them for the eventual Skrull Invasion for a 3rd movie.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos isn't in this fight.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By linsanel_Doctor

It'd be funny if Thanos joined the avengers.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Superman wins

BWANASIMBA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BWANASIMBA

I just saw the movie tonight due to the early Wal-Mart showing... Cavill's Superman stomps the Avengers. Completely and utterly.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32  Edited By AllStarSuperman

^this

beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By beautifulrevery

Just saw the movie and holy crap Cavill's Superman destroys the Avengers almost effortlessly. You know how Thor destroyed a small town fighting the Destroyer? Superman destroyed multiple small towns, ihops, gas stations, and almost decimated a city with his slugfest with Zod(who slightly disappointed me btw, his female companion was FAR better of a fighter and much much cooler imo).

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

Just saw the movie and holy crap Cavill's Superman destroys the Avengers almost effortlessly. You know how Thor destroyed a small town fighting the Destroyer? Superman destroyed multiple small towns, ihops, gas stations, and almost decimated a city with his slugfest with Zod(who slightly disappointed me btw, his female companion was FAR better of a fighter and much much cooler imo).

I love when Superman destroys multiple towns so awesome.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#35 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Zod(who slightly disappointed me btw, his female companion was FAR better of a fighter and much much cooler imo).

I wouldn't say Zod disappointed me, but Faora was much more entertaining to watch. She can totally get it.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#36  Edited By Saren

Yeaaaaah, Superman stomps.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#37  Edited By laflux

Great another Superman vs Hulk and Thor Thread............................

Avatar image for imboredletsdebate
ImBoredLetsDebate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After watching Man of Steel, I have come to the conclusion that I am saving myself for Faora.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By dondave

Superman ftw

Cybrilious4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I came here to say Kal-El stomps the Avengers. Too fast, Too strong!

Well you can blame DISNY for Avengers being so weak.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane said:

Still? is he that Powerful?

Pretty powerful. Levels skyscrapers as side-effects of clashing with Zod, withstands gravity fields designed to terraform the planet (and which made mincemeat of large portions of New York), and very fast to boot (although none of his speed feats were as cool as this one scene where Faora blitzes a squad of soldiers, that was awesome).

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane said:

@theacidskull said:

@citizenbane said:

Still? is he that Powerful?

Pretty powerful. Levels skyscrapers as side-effects of clashing with Zod, withstands gravity fields designed to terraform the planet (and which made mincemeat of large portions of New York), and very fast to boot (although none of his speed feats were as cool as this one scene where Faora blitzes a squad of soldiers, that was awesome).

WOW, well they seem to have gotten the powers right, though i'm still concerned about that ONE out of character thing you mentioned, i resisted no seeing the spoiler but thats got me worried.

There's no need to be worried about that. It's shown that Clark didn't want to do it but had no other choice. He didn't just kill Zod on a whim.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman wins. I keep wanting to say if Thor and Hulk can get him slowed down, they can pummel him. But that happened at one point with Zod's commander and big brute, and Supes was able to fight them off. Lack of air superiority and speed on the Avengers part lose this for them.

Though cannon fire from the jets knocked them around, and a missle KO's one, so maybe Hulk or Thor could KO him...Still if I had money on it, I'd go Superman.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By progenitorigin

Just saw Man of Steel on Thursday night, and even though I absolutely love The Avengers, it would come down to how long Thor & Hulk could last against Kal-El. I think the most important factor in this would be speed. Thor has shown in his own movie that he can actually reach impressive speed when he goes into flight, he's shown impressive summoning of lightning during The Avengers, and he's brawled so far with some of the burliest the Marvel Studios' universe has to offer. Aside from shots taken by Thor and being surrounded and blasted by Chi'tauri crafts, Hulk didn't seem to respond much to damage. Although, I will take note of how Hulk was unconscious and reverted back to Banner after falling from the Helicarrier.

As much as I love Thor and the Marvel characters, after seeing Kal-El in action, I honestly think I would have to say that unless Thor and Hulk had serious upgrades, Superman would literally be able to blitz them and incapacitate them.

On a side note, Jor-El was by far my favorite character in the movie, especially the way he takes on General Zod's soldiers and defeats Zod himself in his golden armor.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fight with the Destroyer consisted of a giant whirlwind and Thor one-shotting it. Not much of a fight.

If you want to think to a larger degree of destructive ability, think more so Thor when he fought the frost giants earlier in the film since that's the closest to actual effort in a strike he displayed the entire film.

beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By beautifulrevery

@isaac_clarke: While the frost giant hammer strike IS impressive I have to take it with a grain of salt because...well it is a bunch of ice...

Superman wins. I keep wanting to say if Thor and Hulk can get him slowed down, they can pummel him. But that happened at one point with Zod's commander and big brute, and Supes was able to fight them off. Lack of air superiority and speed on the Avengers part lose this for them.

Though cannon fire from the jets knocked them around, and a missle KO's one, so maybe Hulk or Thor could KO him...Still if I had money on it, I'd go Superman.

It wasn't the missile that KO'd her. It was the overload of her senses due to the loss of her mask/helmet. She couldn't deal with the massive ambience of sounds/sights so she lost consciousness after she stopped the missile with one hand. Cannon fire from the jets only knocked them around because they didn't prepare for it even when they saw it coming. They just stood there nonchalantly like it didn't matter(it really didn't).

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By buttersdaman000

Superman works them.

While we have no true definitive strength feat that puts Superman above Hulk and Thor (Best I could think of at the moment is the train feat and the oil rig feat), the combination of his speed, aerial superiority, durability, and heat vision should make for a clear victory for Superman