• Fight in Republic City
anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 anthp2000  Moderator

The villains. I'm not even sure I should consider Aiwei, since he was clearly a master bender, one of the four people alive, and the only one not a Beifong, who could employ seismic sense, He raised that large metal wall with relative ease when he revealed himself. In lore he probably ranks a lot higher than the brothers even in a fight. At the very least I cannot envision him losing to chi blockers, triad members and nameless Kuvira supporters, or consistently struggling so much with the most random benders.

Either way, Bolin's lavabending is their best shot, but I'm not sure he could deal with Amon's lieutenant and a mecha tank at once. He's not fast or skillful enough as a fighter. Mako was losing to Viper using minimal water in Book II, and there's no reason for me to imagine he's improved to a noticeable extent since then given the continued negative track record -a lucky win against a handicapped Red Lotus member in between constant losses to low tier antagonists isn't cutting it. He'd also lose to Amon's lieutenant if he closed in on him again, which is far from impossible. The mecha tank's firepower is a lot of pressure for them both with the given support.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

@anthp2000: lol you lost the capitals in your username

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 anthp2000  Moderator
Avatar image for masterbuster666
MasterBuster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2.

Agmine570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess its possible for Aiwei to be a high tier bender, but he doesn't have much feats. Bolin one shots the mech with a lava stream, Mako electrocutes the lieutenant, Bolin low to mid diffs Viper. Team 2 if Aiwei is good enough to carry. Team 1 if he's not.

kataraaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By kataraaaa

Aiwei got wilhem’d into eternal misery by Zaheer lmao he ain’t a high tier

Seemorebutts94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Brothers have it. Bolin has been shown to be able to fight and beat multiple Mechasuits, Baatar has no feats in the mechasuit, he could be like any average pilot or as skilled as Zhu li. Either way Bolin will beat him. Mako can at least pressure the other three fighter, Viper honestly he could probably one shot. Aiwei has no feats but Mako was able to beat Metal benders in Kuviras Mech without much trouble. The Lieutenant is skilled but if Mako can keep him away until Bolin defeats Baatar the Brothers should stomp him.

Agmine570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kataraaaa: What I more meant was that he could be a true master of his element, and above the brothers. Being the best at seismic sense, only second to old Toph shows that he is connected to the element. And he did casually raise a large metal wall, which is impressive since there are very few large scale or aoe metal bending feats we've seen. But yeah, I write most of my posts in one take, so I tend to make mistakes like these. I'm someone who doesn't see Lin and Suyin as high tier. smh at my former post on this

Agmine570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Agmine570

@kataraaaa: Also, to be fair, he didn't have his bending back there, so good thing he has it in this fight.

kataraaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@agmine570 said:

What I more meant was that he could be a true master of his element,

Maybe, maybe not, anything is possible at the end of the day. The problem with this statement however is how broad the term "true master" is at face value. Being titled master doesn't mean much when we have Zhao, who's below the likes of BoS Zuko of all people. It could also just means he specializes in something related to the element, like how Kya is the best healer in the world (save for Katara herself), but is a mediocre combatant, or how Jinora has all of those spirity powers, but no real combat feats. So being a "master" doesn't prove he's a competent combatant. That's if he even is a master, anyway, since we have no confirmation of that whatsoever.

, and above the brothers.

The brothers have already fought "true masters" on multiple occasions and held their own if not outright beat them. So Aiwei just being a master wouldn't put him above the brothers either.

Being the best at seismic sense, only second to old Toph shows that he is connected to the element.

Well first of all, him being the best at seismic sense (let's just exclude Toph for obvious reasons), is unfounded. The only thing we know about his seismic sense is his ability to truth seer, which has 0 combat implication. Lin and Suyin albeit haven't used it in active combat, but they've still used seismic sense for complex rescue missions and the like. So whoever's better with the technique boils down to either assumption or your personal opinion, nothing factual.

Seismic sense just in general isn't that useful in combat unless you're fighting with your eyes closed, Toph's an exception because she's blind. That's why you never see the Beifong sisters using it in combat, and why you rarely ever saw Aang do it.

And he did casually raise a large metal wall, which is impressive since there are very few large scale or aoe metal bending feats we've seen.

I'll disagree with that, he just raised a wall that was already built-in, it doesn't prove he can utilize larger scale in combat than the metal clan fodders/wei & wing, who were casually tossing zaofu panels to trap the Red Lotus the night prior. And Ghazan dealt with those panels swiftly, and by extension Bolin should be able to as well.

I'm someone who doesn't see Lin and Suyin as high tier. smh at my former post on this

How are Lin and Suyin not high tiers?

@kataraaaa: Also, to be fair, he didn't have his bending back there, so good thing he has it in this fight.

Yeah, but my point was more that he was treated as helpless when faced off against a threat. Zaheer didn't have his bending either, and while he's implied to be one of the best h2h combatants in the verse, both the brothers have enough h2h skill and experience to at the very least not get ragdolled in 2 seconds

MinhCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MinhCake

I see the Brothers gradually turning the match to their favor more often than not, but with considerable difficulty.

Viper wouldn't last long once Lavabending sets loose (which I see Bolin resorting to early when faced with the aggressive offense and superior numbers in tandem), Aiwei is skilled but his combative skills are too vague to claim a decisive contribution, Bataar Jr.'s mecha suit wouldn't last long against an all-out assault from Bolin (which we've seen Bolin promptly resort to in face-offs against mecha suits in B4), and current Mako can deal with The Lieutenant imo - or at least stalemate him until Bolin's growing AoE joins the fray.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Arcus1

Just because Aiwei developed a lot of skill with seismic sense doesn't mean he's equally skilled in combat bending. He was never presented as a master combatant or even a capable fighter, just a bender with an advanced (non-combative) skillset.

Baatar with a mech suit is the biggest threat here, imo. Viper doesn't have much to go on for evaluating him outside of a brief clash with Mako at night on the ocean. Kinda depends on where in Republic City the fight takes place. If it's by a viable water source, then Viper could be a reasonable challenge. If not, then he won't be a problem (we saw Mako evaporate his portable water in one hit). The Lieutenant would still be a challenge for either brother at close quarters, but getting to that close range would be trickier for him now than it was against S1 Mako and Bolin. Bolin's terrain control (with faster earth shields, lava pools, etc) is much better than what he used against the Lieutenant previously, and Mako now has demonstrated more usage of fire jets that could help him regain distance if the Lieutenant gets close.

If the brothers can disable the mech first thing in the fight (perhaps through lightning redirection mixed with some lava) then I think they would win. But if they don't take Baatar out fairly quickly, he could occupy a lot of their attention, leaving them open to shots from Viper or for the Lieutenant to get close. Aiwei would theoretically at least be able to provide some defense for the team or serve as a distraction. Sheer numbers, plus the varied threats posed by the villain team, could be too much for the brothers here.