• 130 results
Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

In this battle, the Bending Bros will put their skills and teamwork to the test against a gauntlet of masters, how far can they get?

All fights take place in the spirit world by the Tree of Time. Time is noon. Starting distance is 25 feet.

All are in character. Victory by ko or death

Round 1: Zuko

Round 2: Azula

Round 3: Katara

Round 4: Toph

Round 5: Unalaq

Round 6: Tenzin

Round 7: Korra (all elements, no AS)

(Note: I'm on the fence about 5 and 6, it might need to be Tenzin then Unalaq, thoughts?)

How far can they go?

Bonus Stage:

For this stage, the brothers run the gauntlet again. This time, they are completely bloodlusted

How far can they go?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dratini1331@joewell@strictlyanime@nighthunder

@norrinboltagonprime21@pooty@pr0metheus@sophia89@princearagorn1 @lvenger

@funsiized@princearagorn1@ssj_god @jmarshmallow

@redbird3rdboywonder@pierpat@knightofzero

@dccomicsrule2011@lunacyde @etheral_dreams

@killerwasp@kidphillip@aressword@wbr17@korraspirit@gxrevolution96@jr_avatarexpert@dextersinister@thunderbolt30@nighthunder@metaljimmor@spartankobe@jacthripper@deathhero61@primebonnick@gizmorino @rijehu @myerlanski @koays @useyourname @stormdriven @hypnosis @pirateking @mitcheii @deranged_midget @abyssdarkfire @hatemalingsia @arv993 @dreadpool10 @batking200: @sirneko @loklegends @kingvenus @speedster101 @marvelfan1992 @martinceld @106me @therapist1

@thenewbluebeetle007: @johnfrank120 @llehdevil: @darkdefender @hulkage @linark

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Stop at 6.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stop at 5, and Unalaq should be above Tenzin IMO.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Unalaq was able to give Korra a handful even without Vaatu, and you didn't specify, though I think he would win either way.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Arcus1

Some Mako and Bolin teamwork gifs. Anyone else enjoy how they fight together?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

QuakeBlood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 5 or 6.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are the gauntlet peeps also bloodlusted?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KingOfVenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

loses to 1

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: In the first few rounds a combination of Mako's stun lightning and Bolin's lava will prove too much for the opposition, in round 4 Bolin could be overwhelmed by the amount of earth, but Mako and fire the shots to take Toph down. In round 5 Unalaq's power is just too much for them.

They clear, barely, bonus

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They would lose to everyone after Zuko. I've never really seen Mako as that great of a bender, and Bolin is pretty good, but not enough to get them past Azula.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They would lose to everyone after Zuko. I've never really seen Mako as that great of a bender, and Bolin is pretty good, but not enough to get them past Azula.

Mako's got some solid skills, and by Season 4 I'd say Bolin was a heavy hitter. Individually they might not be on the same level as people here (though arguments could and have been made for Bolin against some of the lower levels), but with their teamwork I'd say they've at least got a good shot against everyone here

Jbourne_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jbourne_32

They stale mate with tenzin. Unalaq's bending ability was never too impressive I think Tonraq is the better brother from that stand point. I think they'd lose to korra by a small margin.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Mako is an outstanding martial artist, I agree, but he lacks power, and his best feats probably aren't enough to beat Zuko IMO. Bolin is a very impressive earthbender and because of him they'd beat Zuko, but the others in this gaubtlet are high level threats and would take a majority or stomp the duo tbh

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Mako is an outstanding martial artist, I agree, but he lacks power, and his best feats probably aren't enough to beat Zuko IMO. Bolin is a very impressive earthbender and because of him they'd beat Zuko, but the others in this gaubtlet are high level threats and would take a majority or stomp the duo tbh

Mako might not have as much raw power as some other benders, but he's got some solid feats

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Unalaq, one of the higher tier benders here, wasn't stomping Mako and Bolin when he fought them, and that was just book 2 Mako and Bolin

Rayox21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But its impossible to use any kind of bending in the spirit world.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rayox21: not when you enter it physically

justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@justicethorpsylocke said:

Mako might not have as much raw power as some other benders, but he's got some solid feats

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Unalaq, one of the higher tier benders here, wasn't stomping Mako and Bolin when he fought them, and that was just book 2 Mako and Bolin

That gif where they fight Unalaq had nothing that showed they can hold their own against him. Unalaq clearly was evading Mako's fireballs no problem and Unalaq could still easily take a majority over the duo. I never said Unalaq would stomp, i said everyone after Zuko would EITHER stomp or take a majority, and I'm not sure where Unalaq falls in that regard. His fight against Ghazan is probably his best feat, I'll give you that. In the end, I simply think that they aren't really powerful enough to face the masters/team-busters in this gauntlet. Good, just not good enough

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justicethorpsylocke:

They were evading/blocking many of his atracks too, and Book 2 Bolin was at least a tier below Book 4 Bolin. A bloodlusted lavabender is a major threat, he could possibly solo the earlier rounds

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The artwork looks like Mako is touching Bolin's junk with his hands on fire.

justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus:

solo Zuko maybe. The rest I think not. Azula is more than once tier higher and Toph, Tenzin, and Korra would stomp. Katara and Unalaq would take a majority. I've seen all of Avatar and LOK and I think that would be the outcome

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 4, the combination of instant-lightning and lavabending will be too much to handle for Toph along with the teamwork that the bros will bring the table. Mako is a fairly powerful firebender while Bolin's lavabending feats have proven to do well.

Mako will be more willing to kill at Round 5 because he's facing Unalaq and knows who he is, so instant-lightning zap ftw.

I feel Tenzin has the capability to take them both on due to being an airbending master and also because he proved that he can multi-task against the Red Lotus, which will prove useful here. He will make a quick job of Mako and he's too agile for Bolin's earthbending, while lava will keep some distance, Bolin will eventually be swept up.

L. D.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus:

solo Zuko maybe. The rest I think not. Azula is more than once tier higher and Toph, Tenzin, and Korra would stomp. Katara and Unalaq would take a majority. I've seen all of Avatar and LOK and I think that would be the outcome

Don't suppose you'd be willing to debate that?

Unalaq stands a better chance than Toph, Toph's more vulnerable to Mako's fire jets, and lava's a good counter for earth

@m_man said:

The artwork looks like Mako is touching Bolin's junk with his hands on fire.

Can't unsee

justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus:

Debate? Let's go

I take your point on Toph

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus:

Debate? Let's go

I take your point on Toph

well what makes you think Azula can take the two of them? Between Mako's offense and lightning and Bolin's defensive earthbending and lava battlefield control they're a dangerous combo, and even deadlier without morals

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

was thinking first stage 2, bloodlust stage 3 but more likely 4, definitely 6

KJ27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Done at Unalaq, I think.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

any reasons?

@kj27 said:

Done at Unalaq, I think.

both stages? any reasons?

KJ27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@just_banter said:

any reasons?

@kj27 said:

Done at Unalaq, I think.

both stages? any reasons?

Eh, I just think they're done at Unalaq 'cause he beat them pretty solidly in Book 2. I don't think they can overcome him.

I didn't see the bonus stage... Hmmm... Not sure on that one. Probably the brothers for a majority.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kj27: course Bolin's improved pretty significantly since Book 2

KJ27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@kj27: course Bolin's improved pretty significantly since Book 2

Indeed. It'd be much closer than their fight in Book 2, that's for sure.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Azula has fought more then 2 people at the same time before, so the teamwork thing won't be a huge advantage, her agility is much higher then both of them and I think she has more damage output as well, not to mention in the comics she starts doing instant lightning which will definitely help to at least cancel out that advantage for the team, I think she will eventually wear them down.

second round, was thinking they could lose at Katara, but with them bloodlusted and Katara not I don't really see that happening, so I said most likely Toph, because she has a lot more high end feats then those two put together, especially in the comics, where here seismic sense and Earth/metal bending improve to a mental degree (not that metal bending will help her here) but I think that Toph's superior firepower and the fact she will know what both are doing at all times should give her a solid majority, especially if she does that huge smoke screen thing, Toph 6-7/10. But if they get past Toph, which is a possibility, they aren't even gonna touch Tenzin, he is way to agile imo.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_banter: Azula has never actually faught full-on with 2 people at the same time, other than with Aang when Aang would hold back a lot. Her agility is not much higher than either of them, they're all about on-par with eachother if anything. How is damage output on her side when the bro's have fire, lightning, earth and lava on their side. The bro's are also adept benders with their elements. I don't believe Azula will wear them down considering Bolin can keep distance and block, while Mako can stay on the offence and when blood-lusted can one-shot. With the additional distance that lava will create, Bolin can attack from a distance too. '

And when has Azula used instant-lightning in the comics? Scans please.

Toph having better feats than both of the bro's combined is debatable. Not only that, but how does Toph have more superior firepower? Mako can boost himself with firebending ensuring his feet doesn't touch the ground, and Toph has to deal with lava too which will work against her seismic sense.

L. D.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@llehdevil: Well, she has, she has fought the Kyoshi warriors, Aang, Sokka and Toph when the sun was down (which is probably what you're talking about their) and Zuko and Suki, her agility is much better then both of them, that's a given, I don't get how you are saying her and Bolin are on par in that department, Mako might be closer but he still isn't there yet, she has superior firepower because she has stronger showings then both of them, cover doesn't really help as whenever Aang used earth cover Azula blew right through it, lava could be tricky and that is one of the bigger problems for her too overcome but she can still do it, and Azula using instant lightning:

There are more then this but that should be sufficient proof.

Toph has better feats then the two because the stuff she has done is more powerful then what the brothers have done, once again, especially in the comics, where her seismic sense can hit Aang on an air spout and land on Appa as he's flying, because she heard him a couple seconds earlier, soo, yeah. Anyway, how will they get around the dust screen thing anyway? Bolin can't turn it to lava, and Mako isn't doing anything with it, as soon as that happens, its pretty much game over, or she could just launch them both in the air, Lava could be a problem but I think she will incap them before it becomes too much of a problem, Toph wins for a majority, their isn't getting around it imo, brothers take a few but Toph takes the most

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@llehdevil: Well, she has, she has fought the Kyoshi warriors, Aang, Sokka and Toph when the sun was down (which is probably what you're talking about their) and Zuko and Suki

When was this?

her agility is much better then both of them, that's a given, I don't get how you are saying her and Bolin are on par in that department, Mako might be closer but he still isn't there yet

This is a common misconception.

Loading Video...

Look how he's dodging all of the attacks of 3 waterbenders and pushes them all back by himself.

she has stronger showings then both of them

Showings?

cover doesn't really help as whenever Aang used earth cover Azula blew right through it

Bolin's rocks have withstood attacks from Unalaq's attacks.

lava could be tricky and that is one of the bigger problems for her too overcome but she can still do it

How could she do it when it'll affect her maneuverability.

Azula using instant lightning:

Mako could re-direct and done.

Toph has better feats then the two because the stuff she has done is more powerful then what the brothers have done

Proof?

@llehdevil: her seismic sense can hit Aang on an air spout and land on Appa as he's flying, because she heard him a couple seconds earlier, soo, yeah.

What does the Aang-feat and the Appa-feat have to do with anything? Lava is a completely different elelment and it still stands that Toph lacks the capabilities to properly deal with it.

@llehdevil: Anyway, how will they get around the dust screen thing anyway? Bolin can't turn it to lava, and Mako isn't doing anything with it, as soon as that happens, its pretty much game over, or she could just launch them both in the air

Toph's done it only once before going up against 6 earth benders and has never shown to do it again even when facing against more than 2 benders. Even if she does, Bolin could surround him & Mako with lava. Done.

@llehdevil: Lava could be a problem but I think she will incap them before it becomes too much of a problem,

So you're saying Lava could be a problem but you're refusing to believe that Bolin will execute it early enough? He's done it many times before, early enough to save the day, and when his bro's life is in danger, he will most certainly use it. Hell a few prisoners he was rescuing who he barely knew were in trouble and he used it for them and prior to that, against them as well.

@llehdevil: Toph wins for a majority, their isn't getting around it imo, brothers take a few but Toph takes the most

So you're admitting the bros will take a few wins. How do you suppose the bros will win and why do you think they can't win every time with that scenario?

L. D.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't agree with the order but i won't enter in this discussion. I think they would stop at 2 but would win 3 and 6.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wbr17:

2 turned into a CaV

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/cav-azula-justicethorpsylocke-vs-mako-bolin-arcus--1652461/

Why do you think the order's wrong? Katara's beaten Azula

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@wbr17:

2 turned into a CaV

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/cav-azula-justicethorpsylocke-vs-mako-bolin-arcus--1652461/

Why do you think the order's wrong? Katara's beaten Azula

I'll check and maybe change my mind or not. I'll tell you later.

And no, she didn't. I know you want too much that but it was inconclusive. Katara had the upper hand sure but that's all. That's not a victory.

But winning a fight against someone doesn't mean that a bender is more powerful than another.

Unalaq would be 6, Tenzin 2 and would change Azula after Katara.

And no, I won't debate Tenzin again! hahaha We have very different approaches on those subjects ahah You might think that I'm dumb lol

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wbr17:

Yeah I still don't see how Mako>Tenzin. At all, lol

Less clear advantages have been interpreted as victories (ex. Zuko vs insane Azula in the Agni Kai). What's Azula ever done to be above Katara (assuming Katara has a decent water supply, of course)

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Amon vs Korra, Aang vs Ozai, even some pro-bending matches. In those cases one side was winning and lose in the end. Just saying that not always who has the upper hand wins.

I don't put Azula her, you that put Katara over Azula. For me they are in equal grounds. In this gauntlet I think Azula is a bigger threat to the brothers than Katara. She has fought with more than one characters at once, fought in equal grounds against season 2 Aang, she has fought against to different bendings at once and is more agile. Katara lacks agility and that is a problem here.