Makima (Chainsaw Man) vs. Arima (Tokyo Ghoul)

Nervedamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Nervedamage
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Round 1: With Prep.

Round 2: without Prep, random encounter.

Arima is in Peak's condition.

ValorKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Arima eviscerates until I see feats.

Spinach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Spinach

R1: Makima Curbstomps

R2: Makima still wins, but its harder.

yamatama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Makima sadly gets another slave

vjbthe3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valorknight: What can Arima do? Makima was squashing people from dozens of miles(or more, range seemed unlimited honestly) away with prep.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Without prep she has some sort of TP. It's been used on rats, people, and demons... none of them shown any tp resistance though. She also somehow maybe? survived getting shot to the head. That part wasn't too clear. Especially considering her powers in general aren't well defined as of yet. She mainly utilizes pawns to fight for her. Unless a new chapter dropped recently, i generally just wait for shounen Jump releases.

SquadDoubleYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SquadDoubleYou

Makima wins both rounds.

ValorKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By ValorKnight

@vjbthe3: Arima is in the low hypersonic range of speed with versatile weapons and some ridiculous skill. In regards to how durable he is, that's sort of unclear considering that no one hits Arima. In the one instance that someone did, it was the multi building busting protagonist and Arima did tank that.

vjbthe3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valorknight: Does he have TP resistance? To be 100% fair I don't think that smashing thing will work considering she didn't use it against any of the main antagonist of the arc. There could be reasoning behind that, but for now I would say it's best to wait until, or if, she ever uses that technique against anyone of consequence. Her TP on the other hand seems to be capable of going world wide, but again it's all very shrouded still, considering, again, how she never used it against any antagonist. Meh. Prep wise I think she should still win, if she wants I'm sure she'd have access to any number of devils from the bureau she works with.

Spinach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol lets wait till next chapter.

Redzkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Makima wins round 1

Arima blitzes round 2, for now.

How so? Gun Devil killed thousands across Japan in span of few minutes. Makima can react to it. She just as fast as Gun Devil in terms of speed.

Same Gun Devil as the one who killed millions and travel all across the world in minutes, while fighting against someone. Current Gun Devil is much stronger than his original self, because it was stated that level of fear of him was greatly increased over the years. And Devils become stronger based on fear.

SquadDoubleYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redzkz: I checked things and I think you're right, I wasn't aware of Gun Devil.

Redzkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redzkz: I checked things and I think you're right, I wasn't aware of Gun Devil.

Yep. This is why author gives us clear time in manga. In second or less Makima opened a portal over a Gun Devil and unleashed her power on it. And Gun Devil still managed to react to it.

Kinda scary to think that Darkness Devil is still stronger than either Makima or Gun Devil.

Spinach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redzkz:

I was under the impression that while the Gun Devil has gotten stronger, the current Gun Devil that we see, the one the president contracted with, is only a piece about 20%. So the version Makima is fighting, isn't necessarily much stronger than the complete devil from the initial rampage at the start of the series.

Redzkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spinach said:

@redzkz:

I was under the impression that while the Gun Devil has gotten stronger, the current Gun Devil that we see, the one the president contracted with, is only a piece about 20%. So the version Makima is fighting, isn't necessarily much stronger than the complete devil from the initial rampage at the start of the series.

His current 20% are as strong as his former 100% as far as I can tell. And he still tries to boost himself, he kills tons of peoples and leave others alive, in order to spread more fear to boost himself mid fight (Makima is that strong based on control fear, so Gun Devil creates unreasonable anarchy to weaken Makima and empower himself). He clearly are worried about that foe with whom he was fighting before or about Makima's true power, but based on price of his contract, he clearly are now as strong as he once was. Otherwise he would've never agreed to the job. Gun Devil is not stupid after all.

Spinach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redzkz:

Fair enough next chapter is going to be insane, can't wait to see 100% complete Gun Devil.

Nondre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a ridiculous mismatch

vjbthe3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spinach: @squaddoubleyou: @redzkz: Makima really didn't react to the Gun Devil though, she got shot in the head... she just activated her ability, which may operate faster than she does. Not to mention she got outsped even though she also had precog at the time. Plus we don't know if the chaining amps her reactions or not. I would argue her best solo feat is just reacting to Angel, who's still slower than Quanxi. With prep, at this point, it's a guaranteed stomp in her favor. Without it... still not sure if she's fast enough to beat Arima

Spinach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vjbthe3:

Didn't she see the gun devil coming though from far off, and then chain all the stuff together. If the chapter took place within 6 seconds, thats still pretty dang fast.

vjbthe3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spinach: We didn't actually see her chain them together... they could've been chained before the fact or as soon as the last chapter ended. Again she had precog as one of her amps. And again the chaining could amp her speed. We don't exactly know how the chaining works or the limitations of it. As for how fast the gun Devil is, it's not really as impressive as it's being made out to be. He causes so much damage in such a short amount of time because the large AoE of his abilities, which utilizes dozens if not hundreds of big automatic multi-penetrating guns. I mean dodging all of the bullets would be insane as a reaction feat, but he himself isn't really all that fast. Except in maybe traveling capabilities, but even then, he's utilizing ranges of 1000+ meters. Even Makima was like 500 or something meters off.

Redzkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vjbthe3 said:

@spinach: @squaddoubleyou: @redzkz: Makima really didn't react to the Gun Devil though, she got shot in the head... she just activated her ability, which may operate faster than she does. Not to mention she got outsped even though she also had precog at the time. Plus we don't know if the chaining amps her reactions or not. I would argue her best solo feat is just reacting to Angel, who's still slower than Quanxi. With prep, at this point, it's a guaranteed stomp in her favor. Without it... still not sure if she's fast enough to beat Arima

Makima never bothered to block attacks of Gun Devil because she does not need to. Somehow she have enough life force to endure 29 deaths as an opening part of her fight with Gun Devil. Remember, Darkness Devil is far more stronger than Gun Devil and Makima still managed to heal her injuries from her battle with DD really fast.

Makima was fast enough to keep up with Darkness Devil. Same devil who treated Quanxi as if she stays still. Makima herself killed Quanxi so fast that Quanxi failed to even notice a movement from Makima.

@spinach said:

@vjbthe3:

Didn't she see the gun devil coming though from far off, and then chain all the stuff together. If the chapter took place within 6 seconds, thats still pretty dang fast.

Currently Makima and Gun Devil are fighting each other at a distance of 500 km from each other. Events of last chapter happened in span of 10 seconds.

LichVanAstrea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't Makima just like forcefully have him submit?