CaV: (Major Hellstorm) Terrax the Tamer V.S. Master Roshi (Queen Marceline)

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Terrax V.S. Master Roshi

No Caption Provided

V.S.

No Caption Provided

Rules:

• Basic Knowledge.
  • No prep, battle is a random encounter.
  • Both fighters are standard composite. Terrax is 616 and Roshi is current.
  • Terrax is not jobbing.
  • Battle ends in death, KO or permanent incap.
  • Morals on but both fighters are serious.
  • BFR is not allowed.
  • Standard equipment for both.
  • Battle takes place on top of Mt. Rushmore, fighters start 100 feet apart within sight of one another.
Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

I consider myself very knowledgeable on both of these characters. Time to impress me. T4V.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a2b0053414c5
deactivated-5a2b0053414c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@queen_marceline: Here is my reusing my old Terrax opener.

Terrax the Tamer!

Bio:

No Caption Provided

Powers & Abilities:

1. Super Strength.
  2. Superhuman durability.
  3. Earth Manipulation.
  4. Telepathy.
  5. Force Fields.
  6. The Power Cosmic.
  7. Cosmic Blasts.
  8. Cosmic Axe.

Physicals:

Terrax is stated to be a class 75 character. But that is wrong, Terrax is at least at 100 tons. Why? Well for starters the Thing (a 100 toner) was one shoted by him, not only that but it was stated that the Thing has rarely ever felt such a powerful blow.

No Caption Provided

This is extremly impressive. Keep in mind this is the same Thing that could go toe to toe with the Hulk (and is even stated to be stronger than him) and be crushed by a machine with enough power to "push thru a planet!" then proceed to break said machine. In each example, take note on how none of them really one shot Ben like Terrax did above.

Another example would be when he knocked the wind out of the Silver Surfer.

No Caption Provided

The same thing happened to Surfer when he fought Galactus.

No Caption Provided

Now I am not trying to say Terrax is equal in power to Galactus, only that he is powerful, and at least stronger than Iron Manor She Hulk.

Pure Power:

Since Terrax also has a wide array or powers, I too will only scatch the surface with this post. Now the first thing I will start with, is earth manipulation because it basically counters all your advantages. First of is power, below is a scan of Terrax testing out hos new powers, he lifts a mounatin with ease shatters it with a single movement.

No Caption Provided

Next is control, in this scan he is shown to be able to control sand (without the use of his axe) to make it go inside his opponent's mouth and kill him.

No Caption Provided

And now for the most important part, speed.

Here Terrax escapes Galactus and goes into a Black Hole at FTL speeds.

No Caption Provided

And before I close, I want to just briefly talk about the LS planet busting weapon, that is Terrax's axe. This is just an exmple of its power.

No Caption Provided

It ripped a Galactus sized hole in his ship.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@major_hellstorm: You listed super strength twice in the powers section. Not sure if it's a typo or not.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Terrax is not jobbing.

It's pretty sad that you actually have to put this on the OP.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: Thanks for catching that. I'll edit it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jackkira89: Hello and welcome to the Vine. You should probably know that CaVs are where only the debaters mentioned in the Op are allowed to argue.

JackKira89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JackKira89

@major_hellstorm Sorry i didn't see it anywhere nor in the rules. I removed it.: What I mean by that is Didn't know the debaters were in the title. My bad.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstorm: Yeah, should be up later today. Was waiting for last week's episode before posting and ended up not getting around to posting

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

T4V please, Interested to see how this turns out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstorm: Alright, I ended up putting this off for a bit longer than I expected.

So, lets begin!

Master Roshi:

No Caption Provided

Biography:

Muten Roshi is one of, if not the most, esteemed martial artist for the entirety of Dragon Ball(before Z, of course. Martial arts techniques and matches themselves sadly fall out of the story for the most part). People who started the series at Z and onward probably only recognize him as the "old pervert" he's been constantly shown as, only making appearances for gags. However, before the start of "Z", Master Roshi was a major player in terms of combat and would probably surprise most of the newer viewers with how relevant he was. He was friends with Grandpa Gohan(who raised Goku and taught him how to fight before Roshi), taught Goku and Krillin and set them on the path of martial arts(along with the mindset for most of the continuing series; contain training and always push forward because there will always be someone more powerful), squared off against King Piccolo(who at the time was the ultimate evil to humanity) and served as the milestone for most of the other characters to aim for.

Raw Power:

As I previously mentioned, Roshi has been most active before Z. That being said, in terms of raw damage output... he can be found a bit lacking. For most of his run as a character, his most powerful display of power was destroying the moon:

However, with Super's current arc "The Tournament of Power", it's shown he's improved quite a bit over these years in secret.

An example can be seen here, as he enters the first real fight he's had since the days of Dragon Ball:

Loading Video...

As you can see, he easily crushes Tien and later goes on to trade blows with a base Goku as well as take a kamehameha to the face and coming out relatively uninjured.

Another showing, one that I think might be a bit underrated/overloooked is when Roshi pushes Frost back:

No Caption Provided

And later still has enough energy to use Mafuba and almost sealed him away.(Albeit he failed, but I think this is excusable for the reason below).

No Caption Provided

Those showings are amazing for Roshi in general, but most people seem to overlook something; he did this all moments after being on the verge of death. If that wasn't enough, even after that he still had enough to do it again and managed to accidentally seal Vegeta away.(Yes, Frost DID redirect the attack; however, it was still Roshi's implemented technique and power thrown at a new target):

Loading Video...

Yep, at one of his weakest moments he had enough power to potentially seal 2 more SSJ-level characters away. Not going to lie, but Roshi's feats in the ToP should be more than enough to cement him as the most powerful human fighter in the series.

Skill:

One of Roshi's most notable aspects is his sheer skill and technique. Years after his students have left him and developed their own techniques and methods of fighting, Roshi still has the most versatile and potentially devastating abilities among Earth's fighters, even so far as to be recognized as "The God of Martial Arts" early in the manga:

No Caption Provided

As it would seem, he has a vast knowledge of various techniques like:

Pressure points:

No Caption Provided

After-images:

One of his signature moves, the Thunder Shock Surprise. It's essentially a very dangerous energy-technique that causes intense pain and paralysis and if used too long can result in death. Even it's use in early Dragon Ball was only stopped by Goku's oozaru transformation serving as an ex machina:

Another really important aspect is his ability to read his opponents.

Loading Video...
  • 1:15, easily deflects Ganos' charge.(**Also, note that Ganos is using enough force to make large craters in the arena. I'd like to take this time to say that they're currently fighting on an arena made of the hardest substance in the multiverse. So, as you watch, keep in mind the stuff breaking around them is stuff not even Gohan could break back in Z.
  • 1:30, dances around Ganos' assault like nothing.
  • 2:04, admits that Ganos is stronger AND faster than him. However, because Roshi is able to read his movements and attacks it doesn't really matter.
  • 2:45, Even when Ganos uses even more of his power(as he was getting stronger as the fight progressed, stated by Quetilia), Roshi is still for the most part able to keep up. However, Ganos does eventually land a hit and create an opening.
  • 3:00, this is something I'd like to put aside for durability(which is something I wasn't really planning to do in this intro). He takes a barrage of hits from Ganos. As I said previously, this guy was using enough force to shatter/create craters in katchin. So this is actually an amazing feat of durability, as after he's done Roshi still gets back up and is able to blast Ganos away.

Ehhhhh, this will be it for my intro.... will get into more with the actual debate.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for larcadedragneel
LarcadeDragneel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is looking good so far. T4V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@queen_marceline: There isn't a lot to counter so this section will be short

Counters:

For most of his run as a character, his most powerful display of power was destroying the moon:

This is my counter to this and basically your whole section

No Caption Provided

That is Terrax one shoting a planet which trumps all your feats (unless pusing back Frost requires more power than I assumed it takes).

later goes on to trade blows with a base Goku as well as take a kamehameha to the face and coming out relatively uninjured.

In the fight it looks like Goku was not very serious so he was probably holding back. Also is a Kamehameha always pack the same punch? If not and Goku can chose how much output it has, then one would assume that he only used enough to KO his old master and not vaporize him or anything.

One of Roshi's most notable aspects is his sheer skill and technique. Years after his students have left him and developed their own techniques and methods of fighting, Roshi still has the most versatile and potentially devastating abilities among Earth's fighters, even so far as to be recognized as "The God of Martial Arts" early in the manga:

Pressure points and martial skill are nice but don't matter a whole lot when the battle isn't H2H.

After-images:

I don't think this is a factor really.

One of his signature moves, the Thunder Shock Surprise. It's essentially a very dangerous energy-technique that causes intense pain and paralysis and if used too long can result in death. Even it's use in early Dragon Ball was only stopped by Goku's oozaru transformation serving as an ex machina:

This can easily be blocked or dodged by Terrax. Remember he can make rocks move at LS with him.

Another really important aspect is his ability to read his opponents.

This is a useful skill but it won't prevent Roshi from getting overwhelmed.

Strategy:

This is a possible strategy Terraxy can use to win. Basically Terrax will do this:

No Caption Provided

Fly on a piece of earth and create a bunch of meteorites. Note how even his meteorites can create light streaks as they travel which indicates lighspeed travel. He will the use his meteorites to shower Roshi in a rocky tomb.

While he creates an avalanche of stone to attack Roshi, like this:

He will also manipulate the ground under Roshi for an advantage.

No Caption Provided

So basically Terrax can shower Roshi with LS meteorites and stone avalanches while manipulating the ground Roshi is standing on all while staying safe, floating above all the chaos.

Conclusion:

Terrax is more powerful. Powerful enough to overwhelm Roshi's superior skill while staying unharmed.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6